• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
awesome prediction from reddit

I am a pudding fan but....

JfX8Rig.jpg

that felt uber dragged

even if she is second in command the way they went about it was uber amateurish

marmoka

Banned
All those spoilers are false. What will happen tomorrow is that
a raven will appear in Whole Cake island, with a message for the Strawhat members there. The message says that Robin is pregnant of Zoro. They all get more shocked than they were before in that creepy forest with talking trees, and get imprisoned. But Luffy is happy, because they will have a new crew member.

Ray Down

Banned
All those spoilers are false. What will happen tomorrow is that
a raven will appear in Whole Cake island, with a message for the Strawhat members there. The message says that Robin is pregnant of Zoro. They all get more shocked than they were before in that creepy forest with talking trees, and get imprisoned. But Luffy is happy, because they will have a new crew member.

Those are clearly fake, the
father would be Franky

GhostBed

Amazing chapter. I love the well paced introduction of Big Mom's children and it's cool how they all seem to be relevant in some way or another.

Mama's powers are broke as hell though. I liked Chopper pointing out that the crew has vastly underestimated Big Mom thus far. Crazy that the Straw Hats are invading a Yonkou's territory with only half of their crew.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Big plot dump, and I'm loving it!
Soul Soul Fruit sounds really OP, I wouldn't be surprised if Luffy gets hit with it hard (he already lost 10 years to Ivankov's treatment).
He notes that the souls can't go into other beings, but what if Big Mom can use them to extend her own life? It would explain how she's able to have 85 kids, or she ended up having a bunch of twins & triplets.

As for Brulee, we Vento Aureo now! World inside the mirror!

I really hope "homies" was Stream taking liberties and not Oda's intention. I mean, are we in the 90's?

From the explanation of Big Mom's power, it also looks like Moscato or whatever his name was is dead for sure.

I wouldn't be so sure, notice that one of the pirates told the Incarnations "don't let a single second go to waste". It seems the Incarnations can bring Moscato back to life.

cntr

Banned
What an OP power. Wonder what Big Mom's endgame with it is.

Edit: Huh, neat, someone pointed out Big Mom's power is effectively the inverse of Gecko Moria's.

Time for Brook to shine?

Edit edit: And Chiffon was Capone's wife!

DKHF

Soul Soul Fruit sounds really OP, I wouldn't be surprised if Luffy gets hit with it hard (he already lost 10 years to Ivankov's treatment).
He notes that the souls can't go into other beings, but what if Big Mom can use them to extend her own life? It would explain how she's able to have 85 kids, or she ended up having a bunch of twins & triplets.

I really hope "homies" was Stream taking liberties and not Oda's intention. I mean, are we in the 90's?

I wouldn't be so sure, notice that one of the pirates told the Incarnations "don't let a single second go to waste". It seems the Incarnations can bring Moscato back to life.
Yeah I'm wondering this too. Looking on AP Forums no one has posted what they're called in Japanese or has translated it, so hopefully someone clears it up soon.

Chopper: "we underestimated Big Mom".

You don't say.

I really want to see how they are gonna escape this mess. I doubt Big Mom will be moved by them saving Lola, but I can see Lola betraying her mama.

Majukun

we already had an hint that her power works forcefully only when you fear her..which is something a lot of people would do,but luffy would probably keep his cool

Principate

Saint Titanfall
we already had an hint that her power works forcefully only when you fear her..which is something a lot of people would do,but luffy would probably keep his cool
Nah we saw one method (now two) of howthe power works we don't know if it's the only methods. For example boa Hancock mero merrow works on lust, the rest of her abilties don't she can still kick you to petrify as well as arrows and pistols to petrify.

We still have to see precisely how Big mom fights in a standard fight.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Big Mom's powers are like Sugar x Moria x Brook.

Complete manipulation of someone's life force, able to transfer it into objects and bend it to her will.

Kworn

Banned
A lot of new information in this chapter

- Confirmation on Big Moms fruit
- Confirmation on Lola being her daughter
- Nami has Big Moms vivre card
- Big Mom gets rid of her husbands after she has there children
- Big Mom has 3 sweet commanders (probably equal to the calamity's that Kaido has)
- Brulee has a fruit that allows her to trap people and turn animals into clones of people

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
A lot of new information in this chapter

- Confirmation on Big Moms fruit
- Confirmation on Lola being her daughter
- Nami has Big Moms vivre card
- Big Mom gets rid of her husbands after she has there children
- Big Mom has 3 sweet commanders (probably equal to the calamity's that Kaido has)
- Brulee has a fruit that allows her to trap people and turn animals into clones of people

Their

THEIR!

Apparently there is something strange going on with Nami in these woods. At first, she couldn't see fake Sanji. Now Lola's father said the trees never stop until they accomplish their mission and Nami wonders why they stopped pursuing her after a while.

Apparently there is something strange going on with Nami in these woods. At first, she couldn't see fake Sanji. Now Lola's father said the trees never stop until they accomplish their mission and Nami wonders why they stopped pursuing her after a while.

And there's his whole comment about them seeming to only attack people who are strong? Or at least ignoring weak people?

So Big Mom is Voldemort. Okay.

And I swear to god, if Oda has some "Big Mom reunites with her husband and they all live happily ever after" shit planned, I'm gonna be pissed.

Good catch, I have absolutely no idea why this is. Her connection to Lola maybe? The Vivre card? Who knows?

Kreed

One Piece 835:

Nice to get confirmation on Big Mom's fruit power, although I was actually expecting it to be more powerful than that (I was assuming she could give things life and take life, not that she was taking life from others and putting it into other things). Like others said, this is basically Gekko Moria type powers, although these powers make a "little more sense" than Moria's did with shadows giving life to things. That said, being able to transfer souls into animals is bad news for Chopper (and possibly Carrot) if he gets taken to Big Mom (I guess One Piece is implying plants and animals don't have souls, sucks to be Chopper). But since Big Mom's minions are supposed to keep the Straw Hats busy, I'm assuming Luffy still has a chance to rescue him and Carrot.

The other thing I'm wondering is about Jinbei and his punishment. Since Big Mom offers her citizens life or leave, I'm assuming leave is the punishment wheel. But why offer the punishment wheel at all? Why not just take a huge chunk of their lifespan and put it into a soldier (Example, taking Jinbei soul and putting it into one of those candy sharks or something)?

And there's his whole comment about them seeming to only attack people who are strong? Or at least ignoring weak people?

Good catch, I have absolutely no idea why this is. Her connection to Lola maybe? The Vivre card? Who knows?

Brûllé said that Big Mom's orders for her, Randolph and the trees are all the same.

Since the trees and Randolph are controlled by Big Mom's powers maybe they have some flaws or conditions to proper function. Since they are in the "seducing woods" I initially thought that since Nami was the only one not tempted by the candy and food, the illusions wouldn't work on her. But trees aren't illusions and we know now they gained life by Big Mom's powers so I don't see the relation anymore.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I wonder if, ala Moria, any of the agency of the original soul remains in the object in which its settled. Or is it pure uncut "lifeforce" with no sense of its original owner.

One Piece 835:

Nice to get confirmation on Big Mom's fruit power, although I was actually expecting it to be more powerful than that (I was assuming she could give things life and take life, not that she was taking life from others and putting it into other things). Like others said, this is basically Gekko Moria type powers, although these powers make a "little more sense" than Moria's did with shadows giving life to things. That said, being able to transfer souls into animals is bad news for Chopper (and possibly Carrot) if he gets taken to Big Mom (I guess One Piece is implying plants and animals don't have souls, sucks to be Chopper). But since Big Mom's minions are supposed to keep the Straw Hats busy, I'm assuming Luffy still has a chance to rescue him and Carrot.

The other thing I'm wondering is about Jinbei and his punishment. Since Big Mom offers her citizens life or leave, I'm assuming leave is the punishment wheel. But why offer the punishment wheel at all? Why not just take a huge chunk of their lifespan and put it into a soldier (Example, taking Jinbei soul and putting it into one of those candy sharks or something)?
Wait she can't do that? She directly took life from Muscato and can animate inanimate objects. I might be reading you wrong.

In any case, Greg's soul/spirit world theory is getting closer to being true!

Carrot nooooo. I am greatly disappointed plz get her out sooner rather than later.

Big mom as expected has an op devil fruit. Trying to figure out how she could fight with it but I say that for alot of fruits so lol oda has it covered.

Chopper about to be taken by big mom apparently,at least that's what it sounds like. Always thought kaido would be the one to try and take him tho.

Kreed

Wait she can't do that? She directly took life from Muscato and can animate inanimate objects. I might be reading you wrong.

In any case, Greg's soul/spirit world theory is getting closer to being true!

She is animating inanimate objects/non humans by taking the souls from living people and putting those souls into those objects. In other words, she's transferring life from living things and putting the life into something else. Originally I was assuming she had some sort of Life Life fruit that allowed her to create life on her own in addition to taking life, without having to transfer anything. So for example, in a fight with Luffy, I was imagining she could just touch inanimate objects and bring them to life as much as she wants, in addition to taking life from Luffy. Instead, she would be limited in the life she creates by how many souls she has access to from humans (Luffy included). Still strong, but not as strong as I was imagining.

daveo42

Banned
Chapter 835:
giphy.gif

I wonder if, ala Moria, any of the agency of the original soul remains in the object in which its settled. Or is it pure uncut "lifeforce" with no sense of its original owner.

If it's somewhat like Moria's power, then that would all depend on the willpower of the individual. The difference would be a strict time limit on how long that lasts or if the weaker souls could allow those with higher willpower to maintain their state far past the lifespan of that soul.

Metal B

TimE for Brook to shine?
I could actually see, that Brook has the natural counter Devil Fruit to Big Mom's Soul Soul Fruit. Since he can control his own soul and indirect influence other people's souls through his music, there is a chance, that he can take control over the Homies. Brook could really be the key of taking on (or even down) Big Mom.

RomanceDawn

- I wonder if that church is where the wedding is to be held? With the seats roped off with the flowers and ribbons like that gives me the idea that those are decorations for wedding.

- Nami breaking herself free with her new baton was pretty cool. Seeing her get physical, especially with acrobatics is always a treat. Very happy Carrot or Chopper didn't break her free. I hope she gets her remote controlled lightning and burns that forest to the ground.

- There goes that visual cue again that a character has noticed something suddenly. That "click" looks to be coming from Nami. Maybe a hint that her Color of Observation is developing? The way she can inherently sense weather within nature seems to be a good fit for CoO.

- Visually I think Brulee's mirror ability is fantastic. I was worried she would just stick out her hands like any traditional barrier/window maker and just have a mirror appear.

- I love how those smug aspirin trees are ready to man handle Chopper until they see his Monster form. Chopper getting praise from Brûlée and daddy Cracker is nice as well.

- There are clocks drawn on the trees. What if all these weird clocks we've seen everywhere are to point out when that months worth of time is running out. Therefore new souls would need to be sprinkled on to keep what ever it is alive.

- It does seem sudden that we got an explanation on Big Mom's abilities this early. I'm happy because it probably means that this won't be a 2 year long mega arc and the story will speed along quicker than usual. Not sure I like that the souls can settle into animals but at the very least the Croc and Rabbit are explained. Still is it the soul that allowed the Rabbit to get to a position that looks like he could be one of Big Mom's commanders?

- So those black blobs are physical manifestations of Big Mom's very own soul. Ok so we have some mystery behind Brook and his past/knowledge of the Vinsmokes and he can manipulate souls(on a huge scale even) with his music and fruit. We are getting set up for some epic moments with Brook I'm sure! Hopefully we get that moment where only Brook can solve the problem and get a super shining moment.

- Poor Cracker Daddy, no one cares about him. Don't worry the Straw Hats will find value in you.

- Great to get the Lola ball rolling with Nami again.

- 3 Sweet Commanders! I wonder if this is the equivalent to Kaidou's top 3 guys or White Beard's Marco, Ace and Jozu? I would have to assume Bobbin would be another and potentially Tomago.

Good chapter I enjoyed it.

Ray Down

Banned
Like the little comedy stuff.

- Luffy and Nami reaction to seeing Juice man.
- Luffy rational for it being the real Nami
- Sanji cat getting excited over two namis and ones a bird.

She is animating inanimate objects/non humans by taking the souls from living people and putting those souls into those objects. In other words, she's transferring life from living things and putting the life into something else. Originally I was assuming she had some sort of Life Life fruit that allowed her to create life on her own in addition to taking life, without having to transfer anything. So for example, in a fight with Luffy, I was imagining she could just touch inanimate objects and bring them to life as much as she wants, in addition to taking life from Luffy. Instead, she would be limited in the life she creates by how many souls she has access to from humans (Luffy included). Still strong, but not as strong as I was imagining.
Ahhh I see. I would imagine she could take from her own life force as well, and that she herself probably has a lot of "soul" (enough to make Homies and do the whole Leave or Life thing).
I'd imagine she could probably do something like that.

- I wonder if that church is where the wedding is to be held? With the seats roped off with the flowers and ribbons like that gives me the idea that those are decorations for wedding.

- There are clocks drawn on the trees. What if all these weird clocks we've seen everywhere are to point out when that months worth of time is running out. Therefore new souls would need to be sprinkled on to keep what ever it is alive.
Good points! Though that would mean the wedding is in Chocotown, no?

Holy shit, I can already see the moment.
Brook will get his time to shine. Believe it!

How is this arc going to go down? Being honest I underestimated big mom as well lol. The amount of children she has is frightening, I thought they'd be throwaways but we've already seen a good number of then with good abilities

How is this arc going to go down? Being honest I underestimated big mom as well lol. The amount of children she has is frightening, I thought they'd be throwaways but we've already seen a good number of then with good abilities
Speaking of which, we still need to see Pudding's third eye ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom