• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
vs. Blackbeard and/or vs. Shanks, yeah

though I like the theory that Shanks will challenge Luffy to a Davy Back Fight
The Davy Back Fight is totally the end game for luffy proving himself to Shanks.

ckohler

Carrot looked amazing in this week's anime episode. Even more badass/cute than in the manga.

lLE9ZPE.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7l7PJS7.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/eXoWEoj.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Uy4OEDI.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/TtRN2er.jpg

Veelk

Banned
That's not the color scheme I had for her in my head.....I actually don't know what color scheme I had for her in my head, other than her fur was white rather than this....salmon color? It almost looks flesh colored, which is...kinda creepy actually.

I oddly like Carrot though. Dunno why.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
What if it turns out Moria lost his crew to Kaido in a Davy Back Fight

That's not the color scheme I had for her in my head.....I actually don't know what color scheme I had for her in my head, other than her fur was white rather than this....salmon color? It almost looks flesh colored, which is...kinda creepy actually.

I oddly like Carrot though. Dunno why.
She's a breath of fresh air for one. That's why i want her on the crew

I'm definitely on the more character interaction side. I made a long posts about how nothing has really eclipsed Robin's "I wanna live" moment and Luffy vs. Rob Lucci.

The big giants worlds are cool, but it's so big every new island is like a new universe with different rules on just about everything. Would like to get back to the characters I actually care about instead of introducing a bunch of new ones. I guess, with a series this long it's how the Arthor keeps from getting bored, like he's writing a bunch of different novels or whatever, but I'm still dying to know just wtf happend to Zoro's eye! Lol...let alone Luffy's mom, Brooks past, Zoro and his childhood friend, Robins interaction with Luffy's dad etc...a bunch of this stuff could be done in conversations as mentioned. Or have Luffy blurt something out like before "No we have different fathers, Ace dad's is Roger, mines is Dragon" lol...Classic Luffy

I'm not sure how Robin's I wanna live moment and Rob Lucci means crew interaction? When I think of crew interaction I think of like, Luffy and Usopp sitting on the side of Merry (I'm still not used to Sunny dammit) and just talking. "Hey Luffy, what do you think One Piece is?" "Who knows!" "What if it's nothing? Would all this be worth it?" or "Hey Luffy, what can you tell me about my father?" A slow moment like that in One Piece that explores character motivation and relationships more is rare. And honestly, it's understandable given the series' size and scope. No point in wasting any time. All the details are there, but I sometimes wish there were slower moments between crew members. Like, during a feast at the end of an arc, I'd like them to gather round a fire and talk about being that much closer to their dreams or even voice doubts - "how much longer can we keep scraping by the edge of our teeth? Does this worry you Luffy?" I'd legitimately want to know Luffy's answer. Robin saying I want to live isn't my idea of crew interaction. It's just an epic moment. I know that if I were writing One Piece, I'd try to make sure slow moments like that happened more regularly.

I'm not sure how Robin's I wanna live moment and Rob Lucci means crew interaction? When I think of crew interaction I think of like, Luffy and Usopp sitting on the side of Merry (I'm still not used to Sunny dammit) and just talking. "Hey Luffy, what do you think One Piece is?" "Who knows!" "What if it's nothing? Would all this be worth it?" or "Hey Luffy, what can you tell me about my father?" A slow moment like that in One Piece that explores character motivation and relationships more is rare. And honestly, it's understandable given the series' size and scope. No point in wasting any time. All the details are there, but I sometimes wish there were slower moments between crew members. Like, during a feast at the end of an arc, I'd like them to gather round a fire and talk about being that much closer to their dreams or even voice doubts - "how much longer can we keep scraping by the edge of our teeth? Does this worry you Luffy?" I'd legitimately want to know Luffy's answer. Robin saying I want to live isn't my idea of crew interaction. It's just an epic moment. I know that if I were writing One Piece, I'd try to make sure slow moments like that happened more regularly.
We're in agreement. I just used Robins example as the whole point of the arc is to rescue Robin and Rob lucci is just my favorite Luffy fight so far, no one has seemed to push him to his limit in a one v one fashion quite as epic yet.

That's my favorite arcs, when the crew are directly involved with the above action. We have that now with this being about sanji, and I'm definitely hoping for more side chatter, it's really weird no one has even mentioned Zoro's eye or Robin being with Luffy's dad for 2 years.

We're in agreement. I just used Robins example as the whole point of the arc is to rescue Robin and Rob lucci is just my favorite Luffy fight so far, no one has seemed to push him to his limit in a one v one fashion quite as epic yet.

That's my favorite arcs, when the crew are directly involved with the above action. We have that now with this being about sanji, and I'm definitely hoping for more side chatter, it's really weird no one has even mentioned Zoro's eye or Robin being with Luffy's dad for 2 years.

I think the height of the arc was the build up with Usopp, Luffy, and Merry. Usopp taking care of Merry, the hints of something more to Merry at Sky Island;etc culminating in Luffy and Usopp fighting and Luffy saying something he could never take back. But that's dramatic. I'd like smaller things that don't matter much in the long run but help us love and understand the characters a bit more.

I agree it's weird, but there hasn't been too much time. I think Oda's been too focused on plot and crazy overarching story details. They haven't really had the time to sit and chat and have been split up the almost the entirety of the the New World so far. I'm hoping for nice slower moments when they get Sanji back.

I think the height of the arc was the build up with Usopp, Luffy, and Merry. Usopp taking care of Merry, the hints of something more to Merry at Sky Island;etc culminating in Luffy and Usopp fighting and Luffy saying something he could never take back. But that's dramatic. I'd like smaller things that don't matter much in the long run but help us love and understand the characters a bit more.

I agree it's weird, but there hasn't been too much time. I think Oda's been too focused on plot and crazy overarching story details. They haven't really had the time to sit and chat and have been split up the almost the entirety of the the New World so far. I'm hoping for nice slower moments when they get Sanji back.
Honestly at this stage we really need to be focused on that lol. I agree with you of course but at the same time this man isn't getting any younger..or unfortunately healthier for that matter. As zoro has said we are on the express train now no time to relax

I agree. I mean, it'd be nice but things are hectic as fuck. I expect things to slow down after Luffy takes down Kaido. Then Oda can finally build up Luffy x Nami and and and and and and

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
*reads OP thread on /a/* *all shipping garbage*
*checks OP thread here* *shipping garbage*

I want all shippers to leave.

yup all in that same arc...

When Luffy starts crying and in the anime says "it's heavy" talking about the burden of being a captain and zoro reassures him, the feels man...the feels...

Let's get back to the crew oda!

yup all in that same arc...

When Luffy starts crying and in the anime says "it's heavy" talking about the burden of being a captain and zoro reassures him, the feels man...the feels...

Let's get back to the crew oda!

To be fair, we've had crew moments like that since. Namely the Sabaody and war of the best arc, which I think is better than Water 7/Enies Lobby. Luffy crying on the ground in agony because his crew lost and were scattered is such a memorable visual and way more impactful to me than after Luffy vs Usopp. Also given Luffy has to go Gear 4 against a minion of Big Mom shows they've hit their limit again and we should expect such crew drama again soon.

Basically, I think you give Water 7/Enies Lobby too much credit. Although I understand it's your favorite arc, there are many arcs on One Piece like this. Luffy taking care of a sick Nami protecting her from rabbits on Drum Island, how far the crew goes to the point of separating for two whole years just to get stonger. Zoro taking in Luffy's pain. The entirety of Mock Town/Jaya. The Davy Back Fight. All of this is filled with great crew moments. If anything, the main "issue" If you can call it that, is how Oda has shifted focuses post time skip and that's partly because things have just gotten way bigger than the SHs.

Veelk

Banned
You guys ever wonder how luffy chews his food? His entire body is rubber and elastic, how can his teeth pressure anything?

dabig2

You guys ever wonder how luffy chews his food? His entire body is rubber and elastic, how can his teeth pressure anything?

Maybe he subconsciously alters the hardness and elasticity of different parts of his rubber body at any time. This would have to be true, otherwise he wouldn't be able to walk or run normally because he'd be bouncing with every step he takes, right? So when he's eating, his jaw and teeth and supporting muscle structure (I think we only use like 3 or 4 muscles to chew) become more like vulcanized truck tire/hockey puck rubber. This rigidity and hardness will help give him grip on the food. In addition, Luffy is superhuman and has superhuman control over all parts of his body, so he can generate a lot of force with his jaw - force that we normal humans couldn't conceive (though still not as impressive as fishmen in his universe). So Force/area means he can generate plenty of pressure on his teeth to pulverize and cut through his food. Hell, he would conceivably do magnitudes way more than we could given the above.

tldr; it's all magic :D

Xux

Carrot's pretty cool; I hope we see her again before the end of the year.

Alternate prediction from my last one:

Zeff (and Patty, maybe) will appear for some reason like none of Sanji's family will wanna be best man or something and end up convincing Big Mom to trade himself and the dessert ship for Sanji.

Carrot's pretty cool; I hope we see her again before the end of the year.

Alternate prediction from my last one:

Zeff (and Patty, maybe) will appear for some reason like none of Sanji's family will wanna be best man or something and end up convincing Big Mom to trade himself and the dessert ship for Sanji.

...Shouldn't we see her next chapter because Nami turned Brulee into Cream Brulee?

Xux

Oh, is her Devil Fruit just dispelled by her being knocked out? I felt it wouldn't be that simple for some reason.

If people can eat devil fruits and objects can eat devil fruits, can a devil fruit eat a devil fruit?
Devil fruitception.

Wait you may be on to something here veelk. Can vegapunk potentially merge two devil fruits(meaning make one eat another) in which case one devil fruit would have both powers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom