• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntsui

Yes, but unless one of the two has blackbeard's unusual body, they both die and return to nature.
Do they really return to nature? We know that Burgess went after Luffy to steal his fruit, I interpreted that as killing him and instantly getting the fruit form his corpse. Just like BB did with WB, which I thought it was only because of his fruit ability, but it seems anyone can do it.

bjork

Do they really return to nature? We know that Burgess went after Luffy to steal his fruit, I interpreted that as killing him and instantly getting the fruit form his corpse. Just like BB did with WB, which I thought it was only because of his fruit ability, but it seems anyone can do it.

That hasn't really been explained yet, but Ace's fruit is the only series example of a fruit re-growing that I can recall.

It's shown that you can localize devil fruit after it passes. You just need a fruit nearby to localize it to. They return to nature but you don't know where. Localizing it gives great insight into how DFs work. It's very likely Ace's fruit was localized after his passing. After all, they knew he was going to die. So why not? Plus it's a powerful fruit.

That hasn't really been explained yet, but Ace's fruit is the only series example of a fruit re-growing that I can recall.

It's not. We see a DF regrow during Punk Hazard. It shows us how DF can be manipulated after someone's passing to regrow a fruit as soon as the fruit leaves its users body. It's likely BB used this very trick to get the Quake Quake fruit from Whitebeard's corpse and why they used a tent.

bjork

It's not. We see a DF regrow during Punk Hazard. It shows us how DF can be manipulated after someone's passing to regrow a fruit as soon as the fruit leaves its users body. It's likely BB used this very trick to get the Quake Quake fruit from Whitebeard's corpse and why they used a tent.

Oh wow, Punk Hazard is a fuzzy memory in my brain. Maybe I'm due for the old annual OP re-read.

Samemind

It's shown that you can localize devil fruit after it passes. You just need a fruit nearby to localize it to. They return to nature but you don't know where. Localizing it gives great insight into how DFs work. It's very likely Ace's fruit was localized after his passing. After all, they knew he was going to die. So why not? Plus it's a powerful fruit.

RE: BB's tent trick

I actually read a fascinating theory. So you know how BB's YamiYami ability is unique among Logias in that it doesn't let him avoid damage by going intangible? The theory is this: we know certain Logias have critical weaknesses that prevents them from being intangible (Crocodile vs wet objects, Eneru vs rubber). What if Blackbeard can't go intangible in the presence of light, and the black veil was to allow him to use that particular aspect of his fruit? In pitch-black darkness, Blackbeard can be anywhere and everywhere.

That time of week again

giphy.gif

Oh wow, Punk Hazard is a fuzzy memory in my brain. Maybe I'm due for the old annual OP re-read.

Remember? Smiley died and in order to localize it, they had a bunch of apples. In order to grow a devil fruit you must have a fruit of the same kind. So, if you killed Kaku (the giraffe guy, whose fruit was a banana), you'd need a bunch of bananas when he dies to grow his fruit. If there are no local fruit nearby, who knows where it'll be. The DF transmits itself to the closest fruit.

As per the wiki page:

When a Devil Fruit user dies, their ability is reborn into another Fruit of the same kind. Instead of growing from a plant, the ability simply regenerates inside another existing Fruit, as seen when Smiley "died" and the Sara Sara no Mi, Model: Axolotl transplanted itself into a nearby apple. Another characteristic of a Devil Fruit's growth is that the stem becomes noticeably curlier than it was when the Fruit was not endowed with the ability. In the anime, it was also shown to change its color. [25]

The aforementioned apples.

GdrbxBT.jpg

Is Cracker gonna get off panelled? Still, an awesome reveal with defense vs offense

We finally see Ichiji and Niji, and poor Sanji has some ptsd going on. I really hope he ends up surpassing them.

Qurupeke

I mean, at this point I'm not sure you can even really call Cracker a true swordsman anyways
I'd love a Zoro+Luffy team up for Cracker. Luffy for the clones, Zoro for the real Cracker. His power is ideal for this and the fight would show that he lives up to his bounty. A shame Zoro isn't there...

And yeah, I love his new design. He looked somewhat goofy in his armor mode, but he's actually pretty scary.

Majukun

does cracker always have his wanted poster on himself just in the unusual occasion that someone destroys his armor?

Red Fire

The name of the chapter though. Just something that has been said on a side note in one panel, not even something important lol.

The cover page was also very interesting.

bjork

I wonder who got married in the title page? Shanks is cool and all, but nobody's gonna marry a dude in pants like that. Plus he has no left hand to put a ring on.

Remember? Smiley died and in order to localize it, they had a bunch of apples. In order to grow a devil fruit you must have a fruit of the same kind. So, if you killed Kaku (the giraffe guy, whose fruit was a banana), you'd need a bunch of bananas when he dies to grow his fruit. If there are no local fruit nearby, who knows where it'll be. The DF transmits itself to the closest fruit.

Ah yes, I see. So that would explain why they have a book that lists the known devil fruits. It would suck if you took out a DF user and you had a kiwi when you needed a mango.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
doffy would have probably parasaito-ed the armors and used them against him

I doubt that'd work like at all. Cracker has complete control over those biscuits from base subtance level, donflamingo can only move with strings, IF DD tried anything he'd just change subtance property and reform. Not to mention Cracker has stronger haki (DD couldn't do anything to Gear 4). He's a completely different league to Donflamingo which is why big mom sent him in the first place

Majukun

I doubt that'd work like at all. Cracker has complete control over those biscuits from base subtance level, donflamingo can only move with strings, IF DD tried anything he'd just change subtance property and reform. Not to mention Cracker has stronger haki (DD couldn't do anything to Gear 4). He's a completely different league to Donflamingo which is why big mom sent him in the first place

people have complete control over their bodies,and doffy still override their control

also,while initially i thought that doffy is moving people with strings and brute force,that doesn't seem to be the case,since all he needs is a single thread to compeltely control one person...it's magical,not mechanical
although it's possible that a stronger busoushoku could protect the copies from doffy's parasaito

Principate

Saint Titanfall
people have complete control over their bodies,and doffy still override their control

also,while initially i thought that doffy is moving people with strings and brute force,that doesn't seem to be the case,since all he needs is a single thread to compeltely control one person...it's magical,not mechanical
although it's possible that a stronger busoushoku could protect the copies from doffy's parasaito

When was the last time DD took control of a logia. That's not the same thing at all. It just plain doesn't make a lick of sense, regardless of how your look at. Imagine DD trying to control water whater that someone else can control. He also has weaker haki than this dude so he can't overpower him abilty wise but the other dude can. He is thoroughly outclassed in this case.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Did not expect that Cracker twist. Good luck Luffy.

Confirmed: Vinsmokes are Power Rangers.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
It's just parasite dudes, not parasaito. Parasaito is just the English "parasite" written with katakana, it's not a Japanese word.

Okay I concede. Crackers pretty cool. Very glad he doesn't have some duplication power and it was all a ruse, it fits very well with Big Moms "things are not what they seem" thing.

Also Ichiji and Niji hype.

Paras-ito is a pun on his fruit name. Doffy pronounces all of his moves with "-ito"

Cracker's power is pretty awesome.

So it's already the next morning now? Will be interesting to see what happens when Sanji meets up with his older brothers.

TTOOLL

Nice chapter and all but I much more interested in Luffy's next power-up. I don't know if he's holding back or something.

Anteater

Guessing Luffy actually took out Cracker and Nami was able to use the Homies so they couldn't report back to Big Mom. Not sure about Chopper's side vs Brulee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom