• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Relevant to this chapter:

1472155854672.gif

Urouge slowly evolving into being Yammy from Bleach.
Nah Yammy was never actually relevant even after the Cero Espada reveal he did nothing of note. Comparatively Urouge actually looks like the most competant supernova bar Luffy and Zoro themselves.

cntr

Banned
There's an exit right next to the apple juice waterfall, and when the trees are instructed to block the exit, they walk in front of it.

Big One

Banned
Nah Yammy was never actually relevant even after the Cero Espada reveal he did nothing of note. Comparatively Urouge actually looks like the most competant supernova bar Luffy and Zoro themselves.
Well to be fair Urouge may not be all that relevant either, lol. I do think however he won't be a full on bad guy like Yammy was, especially if the theory on him wanting to destroy Eneru is true he's probably going to be an ally in the grand scheme of things.

Taborcarn

That lil puny chef from toriko? Don't have to read it to know he's a scrub. He loses to my boy soma

Judge him not by his size. He trained for hundreds of years in a semi-dead state within a time-dilated back channel to learn to cook Earth and God themselves. Then he invented a new way to make it quicker.

Not to mention cooking countless vicious creatures that would make Sea Kings crap their pants.

Judge him not by his size. He trained for hundreds of years in a semi-dead state within a time-dilated back channel to learn to cook Earth and God themselves. Then he invented a new way to make it quicker.

Not to mention cooking countless vicious creatures that would make Sea Kings crap their pants.
What the hell lol..what be going on in toriko

Taborcarn

It's suffering from Bleach syndrome, they're racing towards the ending. (But I think they're handling it better than Bleach did)

It took them several months each to get through the arcs where they deal with the first two of the 8 animal kings. But now they just kind of skipped over them to the real final boss, and all the rest of them show up at once. Same thing with the legendary ingredients in Acacia's full course, just dealing with the last ones all at once. Including God, which turned out to be a super-powerful giant frog that could shoot its tongue all the way around the world and touch its own back.

cntr

Banned
It's not quite Bleach because Toriko's author is still good at writing, he's just being forced to end it because it's not popular enough

cntr

Banned
They tried to make it popular, but it didn't work.

Toriko would've been super-popular in the 80s, but not for modern Jump :\

Ray Down

Banned
I thought Toriko was really popular?

It was at one point, but it dropped off. Jump really pushed it as the next big series and it really never caught on to the likes of Bleach, Haikyuu and Assassination Classroom.

Deeper:
While people debate the quality the Anime was fairly popular/had great ratings two OP and a dragon ball crossover (no idea about merch) but that ended since they were too close to the manga too continue so it ended after the Cooking Festival Arc.

Toriko was fairly popular during its early run in 2011-2012 both years selling over 3 million when I think the anime was still running and 2103 with a bit less then 3M. But sales declined after the time skip and the anime end.

2014 Toriko sold nearly a million less volumes than 2013, and from 2015 saw a 400,000 decrease again.

While I don't have all of Toriko Ranking in SJ, this year and I'm pretty sure last year Toriko spent most of its time as either: Mid rank in Jump, in the bottom 5, or the last rank.

Daingurse

What the hell lol..what be going on in toriko

Read Toriko. Ignore the anime lol. Sanji doesn't have shit on Komatsu. Dude is Food Jesus.

I thought Toriko was really popular?

It was popular when SJ and Toei were pushing it heavily. But since the anime was cancelled the series' popularity has languished. It has been one of the lowest ranked series in SJ for awhile now. A damn shame, as I find Toriko more entertaining than anything else week to week. Only thing more hype than Toriko for me is HxH when it isn't on hiatus.

Cwarrior

while the anime of toriko had a high viewership and had two movies, nobody wanted to buy toys of ultra manly men, for the amount of effort but into it , it just wasn't selling merchandise on the level sponsers wanted.

For example dragon ball kai before which aired in the same time slot, was cancelled due to merchandise sales(after cell arc) but was brough back thanks to western audiences being very hungry for more dragon ball.

Toriko is the best cooking manga, the author has incredible imagination when comes to his beasts,ingredients, worlds and method to cook it's foods

Cwarrior

if toriko ends, Zebra needs to come over to one piece, that dude is one of the most badass mothafacka.

When Zebra decide to come out of jail he inadvertently caused world peace due the waring nations shitting there pants, calling a truce to unite as one to come up with counter measures againsts Zebra.

if toriko ends, Zebra needs to come over to one piece, that dude is one of the most badass mothafacka.

When Zebra decide to come out of jail he inadvertently caused world peace due the waring nations shitting there pants, calling a truce to unite as one to come up with counter measures againsts Zebra.

I remember watching the anime and seeing that, the kinda hype reminds me of however the Magaka for Baki loves jerking Yujiro off in his descriptions

BHK3

Banned
Not sure how I feel about the trump card for doflamingo suddenly getting busted out like that. Luffy even said the guy is more rock solid than doflamingo, I guess this is going the way of the SSJ3 where he's gonna be in gear 4th for any real fight.

cntr

Banned
I doubt Gear 4 is going to be permanently on, it looks way too goofy and distinct, unlike Gear 2.

I'm betting Luffy's next major upgrade will be his "awakened fruit" and the ability to turn objects into rubber.

cntr

Banned
Doflamingo defines (Paramecia) awakening as being able to apply your fruit's power to inanimate objects.

So Luffy would be able to turn other objects rubbery like him, which is cool and unique.
And the perfect counter to the Gura Gura Fruit.

She isn't implying they're dead, she's implying they were brutally beaten without even coming close to Big Mom

Well not that bad if they they went off seemingly unharmed and then went after Kaido.
How is it only the Uro got away? if they all did? Maybe im just not reading it correctly/possible translation error?

Not sure how I feel about the trump card for doflamingo suddenly getting busted out like that. Luffy even said the guy is more rock solid than doflamingo, I guess this is going the way of the SSJ3 where he's gonna be in gear 4th for any real fight.
Eh ssj3 was only used like 3 times wasn't it? I'd accept that. It's his strongest form. If he didn't need it people would call shenanigans

Well not that bad if they they went off seemingly unharmed and then went after Kaido.
How is it only the Uro got away? if they all did? Maybe im just not reading it correctly/possible translation error?

Kidd's alliance did not go after Kaido. Kaido jumped off of a sky island the same sky island where it looked like Urouge was healing up from after a fight and landed on Kidd's base of operations. They just happened to be in the wrong place when Kaido tried to kill himself. Also if you noticed Kidd looks like he's been through some stuff during the two year time skip he's got some huge scars and he appears to be missing his left arm. I think the alliance was a result of the loss Kidd suffered at the hands of Big Mom's crew.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Well to be fair Urouge may not be all that relevant either, lol. I do think however he won't be a full on bad guy like Yammy was, especially if the theory on him wanting to destroy Eneru is true he's probably going to be an ally in the grand scheme of things.

Yeah but Urouge actually did something, Yammy did jack shit

Kidd's alliance did not go after Kaido. Kaido jumped off of a sky island the same sky island where it looked like Urouge was healing up from after a fight and landed on Kidd's base of operations. They just happened to be in the wrong place when Kaido tried to kill himself. Also if you noticed Kidd looks like he's been through some stuff during the two year time skip he's got some huge scars and he appears to be missing his left arm. I think the alliance was a result of the loss Kidd suffered at the hands of Big Mom's crew.

Ahh ok, I should maybe go recap haha

Toriko is an example of the end result of a major series without a sizeable female fanbase, it capped out and never managed to ascend in the 80's-90's this wouldn't be a problem. It was popular but never quite as popular as Jump wanted it to be.

Well I can tell you I'm female and have zero interest in Toriko so you may have a point.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I was reading Toriko for a long time then just stopped. I think at this point I may just wait until it's about to end before I pick it up again.

Daingurse

Luffy forced to use Gear 4 on a Mama subordinate..

This arc is crazy
ibwgls1hj76qpfffkpt.gif

I honestly wasn't expecting any less from Cracker. Not with that high ass bounty, in-addition to being a damn commander in Big Mom's crew. I'm really hoping Luffy didn't one-shot him. I want Cracker to push Luffy even more. And man, Gear 2 & 3 ain't shit anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom