• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mean now, this moment. I mean before. Like, even before this arc. I just got the impression we made fun of Sanji hardest when you were singing his praises. That's all, nothing personal.
Idk about you but most of the people in the thread were joking because hes my favorite strawhat not because they despise him or anything

Veelk

Banned
O well yea. But romance dawn wasn't talking about this thread with that post think he/she? Meant elsewhere

I don't know about elsewhere. He was talking about general fan reactions to Sanji post time skip, and speculating on the fanbase beyond here. But the fanbase here is all I know, so I was saying that I just assumed the "Sanji is the worst" movement, rightful as it was, was just an injoke around here.

inafking

Is it me or they didn't show Jack's bounty in the animu? I didn't notice anything referencing this.

It has been a long time since there were manga/animu differences...

Daingurse

Is it me or they didn't show Jack's bounty in the animu? I didn't notice anything referencing this.

It has been a long time since there were manga/animu differences...

I was waiting for the reveal of Jack's bounty in that episode as well. I can't remember how it was done in the manga, but I thought they showed it when Sheepshead was hyping him up?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Been reading the early bits of the manga again.

Sanji loses both of his fights during the debut. Gin beats Pearl and Gin whoops Sanji.

Even Brook who was humiliated by his own shadow managed to beat that giant monkey spider without sweating.

Been reading the early bits of the manga again.

Sanji loses both of his fights during the debut. Gin beats Pearl and Gin whoops Sanji.

Even Brook who was humiliated by his own shadow managed to beat that giant monkey spider without sweating.

Gin was pulling a gun to Zeff's head so Sanji refused to attack Pearl, that's why he lost and took several damage.

When Gin decided to fight him, Sanji was barely standing while Gin was fresh:

one-piece-2421657.jpg

Your reasoning to call Sanji's defeat is pretty much the same used by Pearl and Don Krieg, lol:

one-piece-2421659.jpg

They cheated to defeat Sanji, not even Gin accepted that result in the end.

Gin was pulling a gun to Zeff's head so Sanji refused to attack Pearl, that's why he lost and took several damage.

When Gin decided to fight him, Sanji was barely standing while Gin was fresh:

one-piece-2421657.jpg

Your reasoning to call Sanji's defeat is pretty much the same used by Pearl and Don Krieg, lol:

one-piece-2421659.jpg

They cheated to defeat Sanji, not even Gin accepted that result in the end.
The character of sanji in a nutshell. Always losing because of outside reasons.

Spinx

Chapter 841 To the East Sea

6th month of Imprisonment
Young Sanji's iron mask is removed only during meals
He thinks about the past while eating
Despite his inexperience, he's making a lunchbox for his bedridden sickly mother
Before the queen could eat, an old maid tasted the food, but it was apparently really bad
Yet Sanji's mother ate the food smiling, saying it was really delicious
Sanji decided to study cooking after seeing his mother's smiling face

Inside the cage again
Sanji is reading about All Blue in a cookbook received from the guard, when Ichiji, Niji and Yonji arrive.
Reiju is nursing Sanji after he was bullied by them.
According to Reiju, those 3 brothers "do not possess" the emotions of "sadness" or "pity".
Sanji tells Reiju that he wants to become a cook.
Reiju is at a loss, and Sanji strongly tells her (while crying) that if he manages to escape he won't have to look at his father's face ever again.
Reiju destroys the cage and lets Sanji flee

Sanji escapes and meets his father by chance
Judge lets him go without resistance.

Judge: "Do not ever tell anyone that I am your father...it's a failure I don't want anyone to know."

Sanji hears these words and cries.
Reiju, listening to them from the shadows, cries too
She then leads Sanji to another ship

Reiju: "Don't come back here anymore!! The sea is huge...you will definitely meet some kind people one day!! "

Flashback end

Seducing Woods

11 hours passed since the fighting started
Luffy ate all of Cracker's biscuit soldiers (and became super fat)

To next week.

Sanji's mother was a beautiful woman who resembled Reiju.

She didn't have swirly eyebrows.

Sanji escaped from the prison when Germa started a war in East Blue.

Germa made a voyage from North Blue to East Blue via a snail-like ship which seems to be amphibious. It clambered up the wall of Red Line as if it was a real snail

Veelk

Banned
I think we all can agree that Sanji was treated as well as could be expected of anyone who had the Sanji as their child. I can't be too hard on the Vinsmokes for this one. They were in a bad situation.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Reiju redeemed.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
It's a Sanji story. Like a moth to the flame.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Chapter was pretty good. Poor Sanji, was just being treated like a dog who nobody wanted, but were forced to take care of. At least Reiju confirmed to being a decent human being. It would be a twist if she was actually evil now, but I guess we'll find out soon.

Sanji stuff was nice .
You could tell reiju was a semi nice person from the first time you saw her .
The first thing she did was save luffy and OP don't do the twist of good guy is \ turn evil .
Luffy is awesome most likely stop fighting and just keep on eating lol .

Ah, the old "some day you'll meet people who'll treat you right" spiel. I absolutely can't wait for Sanji's "I want to live" moment, though it probably won't be as dramatic. He'll probably take a draw on a cigarette, mutter a one-liner and finally proceed to beat down his brothers. Still unsure where Reiju's heading this arc. She seems to at least have some empathy, though her cowardice stood out more. She'll probably stick with Judge until he's down, then take over and treat the Strawhats as allies or neutral. I dunno though, Oda's surprised me before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom