• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I'm so glad the chivalry thing wasn't some over complicated thing. His "father" literally kicked it into his head,he respects zeff enough to follow that code. Sanji's entire character and personality was influenced by the one person who treated him like family(Reiju don't count she didn't do much to be honest)

Now tank man..full version? Sooo there's a regular version?

Probably puts his digestion into overdrive for a burst of power/speed. i think "Full version" simply means "TANKMAN! VERSION WHEN LUFFY IS FULL AND AT MAXIMUM CALORIC CONVERSION CAPACITY!"

Since before the dinosaurs lmao, wasn't expecting it to be like this but it's fine. More Zeff vs Vinsmoke ideology is good.

So I wonder if Luffy used this Tank Man form against Cracker in it's "regular" form. Still, Luffy's got a long way to go with no signs of a powerup, unless he's gonna be full all the time.

Man the pacing of this arc is killing me, hopefully next week we get some serious answers with the Big Mom lunch. Would die if Cracker landed at Big Mom's feet.

As fun as the Cracker fight was, I'm so much more immersed in Sanji's story right now, and I love any chapter that involves the Yonko, so I'm really looking forward to the brunch.

Not a fan of Sanji's chivalry origins. Just feels pretty flimsy for something he'd lose his life over.

Considering it was instilled into him by a guy who literally at his own leg to ensure Sanji didn't starve to death and taught him his life's passion, it's understandable. Zeff is probably the only person Sanji respects and would do anything for more than Luffy

edit: ZEFFF

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
So considering the move (basically gum gum balloon), the name, etc., looks like Tank Man is a defensive form of Gear 4. Probably built around tanking and reflecting hits. "Bound man" is probably built around maneuverability, again based on the name and the kind of stuff he was doing. I wouldn't be surprised to find that there's a "Power Man" yet to be seen, focused entirely on destructive power (kinda like Gear 3 vs 2).

Jeff is probably the only person Sanji respects and would do anything for more than Luffy

He he Jeff.

Kreed

One Piece 842:

While it was nice seeing Luffy and Nami work together against an opponent, I'm glad the Luffy fight is over so we can see the Straw Hats try to get reorganized in order to attempt to rescue Sanji and how they are going to pull this off now that Sanji is on his way to the wedding. Nami having control of some of Big Mom's forces should be a big help, but I'm still betting on Chopper pulling the plan off using the mirrors.

It explains many elements. The only people in his childhood, who clearly loved him, were female. Then you have Zeff, who becomes an important father figure to him, who literally kicks chivalry in his head. Since Zeff wants to kick around his staff but never wants to kick a woman, he never employees any woman. That's why even so Sanji is a chivalry, he is really bad around woman.

Sanji's character is this big contrast. A guy, who idealised woman, but never had much experience with them. He would die for them, but has a hard time interacting with them.

I bet, Zeff simply overdone his chivalry message and Sanji was so fucked up, thanks to his past, that it had an extreme influence on him. I don't think, that Zeff intention were, that Sanji's ethics become this extreme.
Yes, basically this. The lesson was very important to Sanji because it was probably the first time Zeff acknowledged that he was Sanji's parent. Of course it wasn't Zeff's intention to make Sanji go to such extreme (Sanji never told him about the abuse he suffered), but Sanji took his words to the heart, to the point that kicking a woman would make the father he loved hate him (or somehow defying that rule would be denying Zeff).

I was expecting something grand, but Oda gave a satisfying answer imo. You can't simply explain that devotion without considering the impact Zeff had on Sanji, in comparison to Judge.

One Piece 842:

While it was nice seeing Luffy and Nami work together against an opponent, I'm glad the Luffy fight is over so we can see the Straw Hats try to get reorganized in order to attempt to rescue Sanji and how they are going to pull this off now that Sanji is on his way to the wedding.
Sanji is going to have lunch with Pudding and Big Mom, and they will exchange gifts. The wedding will be the next day.

All this and we've barely seen Brook. It was supposed to be the arc where he gets to shine and he's still a waste of air and you forget he even exists.

Kreed

Sanji is going to have lunch with Pudding and Big Mom, and they will exchange gifts. The wedding will be the next day.

Right, I just mean Sanji's going to be harder for the Straw Hats to get to now that's he's headed towards the main event vs with his family.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Chopper and Carrot scaring people in mirrors was hilarious.

Nibel

Those fat-Luffy facial expressions and text blurbs are fucking hilarious
KuGsj.gif

Glad that the battle is over though; I want to see more of the main plot

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The Germa Soilders won't be allies in the end for the strawhats but the Homies.
I am actually of the mind that Judge and his sons will be defeated, and the soldiers will join the fleet under Reiju in order to follow Sanji. They seem to already respect Sanji.

I am actually of the mind that Judge and his sons will be defeated, and the soldiers will join the fleet under Reiju in order to follow Sanji. They seem to already respect Sanji.

Lol, they respect him as Judge's son. Nothing more. Their absolute allegiance is to the Vinsmokes, and they know nothing about Sanji being a disappointment

Lol Nami made this chapter. Poor Luffy having to eat all that food. It does seem to confirm the multiple forms of Gear 4 though. I think we'll learn soon if Charlotte has been lying about seeing Sanji...

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Lol Nami made this chapter. Poor Luffy having to eat all that food. It does seem to confirm the multiple forms of Gear 4 though. I think we'll learn soon if Pudding has been lying about seeing Sanji...

Fixed.
You have to be specific when it comes to this family. They all have the last name Charlotte.

Lol, they respect him as Judge's son. Nothing more. Their absolute allegiance is to the Vinsmokes, and they know nothing about Sanji being a disappointment

He is talking about how they were impressed by Sanji's abilities in the fight against Judge. They were surprised to see how good he was even without a suit. Not only that but Oda draw the women of Germa reacting surprised everytime Sanji stood against his father or his brothers, which could mean that they realize he isn't trash like the others.

I'm not saying that this enough to claim that he is respected, but I wouldn't be surprised if Oda goes on that direction, especially because Yonji said the soldiers doesn't know they are using their cells to create clones (perhaps the donors, or original soldiers, would be against that if they knew).

SolVanderlyn

If Sanji beats up Judge and shows he's more competent than his father or brothers, I don't see the soldiers being particularly picky about who leads the Germa army. I could be wrong, and they could turn on him the moment he or his friend lay a finger on the other Vinsmokes... but I hope my theory turns out to be true.

fuq, luffy and nami teaming up to beat Cracker was cool and all, but I really need to see Sanji give his "family" their just desserts

damn break next week too :/

tbh i think it would be kind of cool if we never saw cracker again in the series proper and oda did a cover story about him trying to find his way back to whole cake lol

When I saw Tank Man

AEFT1pG.gif

Cracker fucked up massively.

And Nami was mostly responsible for Luffy's victory. I knew the rain would come into play to soften the crackers. It's such an "Oda" thing to do.

This is why I tend to ignore the SBS or even what Oda says about the reasoning for things until we see if in a chapter.

Oda doesn't normally do character assassination. But, if the translation is this chapter is accurate, then Oda just completely character-assassinated Zeff.
Threatening to castrate Sanji and slit his own throat if he hits a woman is going too far. It doesn't sit well with me.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
When I saw Tank Man

AEFT1pG.gif

Cracker fucked up massively.

And Nami was mostly responsible for Luffy's victory. I knew the rain would come into play to soften the crackers. It's such an "Oda" thing to do.

Oda doesn't normally do character assassination. But, if the translation is this chapter is accurate, then Oda just completely character-assassinated Zeff.
Threatening to castrate Sanji and slit his own throat if he hits a woman is going too far. It doesn't sit well with me.

Odds are that was just the translators going too far with the profanity again.

Isn't he just being hyperbolic? I doubt he would really go that far even if the translation is accurate.

Odds are that was just the translators going too far with the profanity again.

Isn't he just being hyperbolic? I doubt he would really go that far even if the translation is accurate.

I wouldn't put it past MS, but that doesn't make it any less sexist. Granted, I never pictured Zeff as someone who was gung-ho about pro-equal treatment, but his stance on not having any female cooks just changes my opinion of him.

Veelk

Banned
Whats especially dumb about this is that the reason Zeff can't hire a cook is because he won't be able to kick them when they fuck up.

Because god knows he can't just Gordon Ramsey them and call them donkeys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom