• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliph95

Is the anime still shit or have they stop adapting half a chapter and characters standing around awkwardly and clashing when it makes no sense. Also extending scenes and fights that were shorter in the manga like Hody Jones.

spoilers seem to be out..
big mom is too Op, and not like this sanji plz!!

Like she's literally Op what the hell does those two abilities(thunder Zeus and sun of Prometheus) have to do with the soul soul fruit?

And if we get a small sanji vs luffy scuffle on some luffy vs zoro whiskey peak stuff arc of the forever

Voror

Ah so Sanji's going about this the Robin method of pushing them away. He should know better that this isn't going to work.

dabig2

Ah so Sanji's going about this the Robin method of pushing them away. He should know better that this isn't going to work.

chapter spoilers:
More like Nami I think. Robin was doing it to save the strawhats because she thought they would be murdered quick. Being an asshole and leaving the crew was the quickest way to do that. When Nami did something similar, it was to play up appearances to fool the Arlong pirates because they still had hostages, and I think Sanji is the same way here. Sanji is doing it because they have a hostage and he doesn't want to rock the boat yet to keep Zeff safe, just like Nami didn't want to rock the boat when she was that close to saving her village. It might sound subtle, but the differences between Sanji/Arlong Park Nami and W7 Robin are actually huge.

So Sanji definitely has a plan. It just doesn't include Luffy barging in and saving him right there and then. He won't give up like Robin did and just accept his fate.

Voror

chapter spoilers:
More like Nami I think. Robin was doing it to save the strawhats because she thought they would be murdered quick. Being an asshole and leaving the crew was the quickest way to do that. When Nami did something similar, it was to play up appearances to fool the Arlong pirates because they still had hostages, and I think Sanji is the same way here. Sanji is doing it because they have a hostage and he doesn't want to rock the boat yet to keep Zeff safe, just like Nami didn't want to rock the boat when she was that close to saving her village. It might sound subtle, but the differences between Sanji/Arlong Park Nami and W7 Robin are actually huge.

So Sanji definitely has a plan. It just doesn't include Luffy barging in and saving him right there and then. He won't give up like Robin did and just accept his fate.

That was my other thought, but I didn't make quite the same connection of similarity. My thought was focusing mainly on the protection aspect of it by pushing them away as being similar to Robin, but I suppose it is coming across more similar to Nami looking at the example.

Sanji is the background planner so it would make sense, though I'm curious what he could have in mind or if he's playing it by ear. He always tended to work while the others were distracting everyone else. He doesn't seem to have had that opportunity here.

Sanji has so many problem right now to deal with.
He can't leave for many reason and it going to be hard to take care of them the luffy way .
At least right now.

caliph95

How do you think the fight going to go. Obviously Sanji going to lose but is he going to convince luffy to stay away for awhile or is the vinsmoke going to knock luffy out somehow

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Yeah so uhhhh does Big Mom have two devil fruits or what. Maybe her soul ability allows her to take the powers of others along with their souls? Or maybe this weather-controlling stuff is bound to some sort of artifact, and not actually a devil fruit? Some weather gauntlets?

[Edit] ALSO, hadn't we kind of assumed this was Dragon's ability since forever? Guess not?

How do you think the fight going to go. Obviously Sanji going to lose but is he going to convince luffy to stay away for awhile or is the vinsmoke going to knock luffy out somehow
Who knows just hope we get a good lil scuffle. The strongest male strawhats all had a turn with luffy at some point lol it's sanji's turn in line.
Yeah so uhhhh does Big Mom have two devil fruits or what. Maybe her soul ability allows her to take the powers of others along with their souls? Or maybe this weather-controlling stuff is bound to some sort of artifact, and not actually a devil fruit? Some weather gauntlets?
Yea u don't get that at all really. Is the soul of the sun and lightning like literally in her hands? I knew it had to be more to her than just simple soul swapping/taking.

caliph95

Who knows just hope we get a good lil scuffle. The strongest male strawhats all had a turn with luffy at some point lol it's sanji's turn in line.

Yea u don't get that at all really. Is the soul of the sun and lightning like literally in her hands? I knew it had to be more to her than just simple soul swapping/taking.

Considering we have the sun and the cloud have faces it could an aspect of her soul powers.

caliph95

[Edit] ALSO, hadn't we kind of assumed this was Dragon's ability since forever? Guess not?

Dragon still could be a weather thing and Big Mom's thing could be something to with her own devil fruit.

I always thought if Dragon had a DF, it would be specifically wind-based, whether that be Paramecia or Logia. I'm not sure how the manga did it, but the anime only showed wind outside of the lightning strike (which could have been pure luck) and there was some green tint.

caliph95

I always thought if Dragon had a DF, it would be specifically wind-based, whether that be Paramecia or Logia. I'm not sure how the manga did it, but the anime only showed wind outside of the lightning strike (which could have been pure luck) and there was some green tint.

Wasn't it also raining at the time.

Big One

Banned
I don't think Big Mom has two Devil Fruits, this just might be some type of witchcraft or sorcery thing. Remember One PIece's initial concepts had magic in it in those Romance Dawn chapters. This could be Oda reintroducing that to the series.

Amazing chapter.

Sanji vs. Luffy can be really epic. But there are two things that can make the Strawhats notice that Sanji is bluffing (if it's not obvious that he would never say those things): Luffy knocking Sanji's mask off (revealing that he has been tortured) or noticing the wristlets.

Impressed by Big Mom's powers.. Not only she has the power to collect souls but she can control the weather. Maybe one of these are natural superhuman powers besides her devil fruit? And Oda is certainly making some connections with Nami's powers there. I believe our navigator will have a bigger role this arc with her knowledge from weatheria and the vivre card.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Luffy vs Sanji. This will be rough.
I have to imagine Luffy and Nami will see through and realize something is amiss and he's pushing them away.

Big One

Banned
To be fair we didn't see how the fight went but aren't the Yonko supposed to be more or less equal.
True, I just want to remind people of how strong Shanks is when they doubt him, lol. If I had to guess, the Four Emperors ae the "strongest" in their respective bubbles.

Whitebeard - Strongest Man in the World
Big Mom - Strongest Woman in the World
Kaidou - Strongest Beast in the World
Shanks - Strongest Haki user in the World
Blackbeard - Strongest Devil Fruit user in the World

daveo42

Banned
Sanji is essentially Robin/Usopp from Water 7. It's not bad, but at the same time not great either. It works, but it's still much of a call back for me. Rest of the chapter and some developments were pretty damn good tho.

I don't think Big Mom has two Devil Fruits, this just might be some type of witchcraft or sorcery thing. Remember One PIece's initial concepts had magic in it in those Romance Dawn chapters. This could be Oda reintroducing that to the series.

My guess is that she too at some point visited Weatheria or got her hands on some dials to basically do what Nami already does with her Clima Tact.

Edit: Putting souls into the embodiment of fire and rain makes sense as well, since she's got her soul fruit.

Sanji's going to communicate his plan to Luffy the only way he knows he'll understand it.
Through his kicks.

Big Mom's weather manipulation makes sense when you recall that she can pull souls into literally any non-living thing.
She puts a soul into a cloud to create Zeus and a soul into...ummmm....a fireball? I highly doubt it's actually plasma from the sun.

Kreed

One Piece 843:

I'm guessing this fight between Luffy and Sanji will go one of two ways:

1) Sanji has a plan and will use this fight as a way to execute an escape plan (him wanting to take Luffy on himself would be a good way to give Luffy a note for example).
2) Sanji will end up like Robin, Nami, and Ussop when they attempted to leave the crew and will ask for Luffy's help by the end of it (I can't see Sanji crying while doing so like the previous three, but who knows).

With this fight though, regardless of if Sanji has a plan or not, things are still looking pretty bad for the Straw Hats if Big Mom really is going to retaliate against Luffy. Chopper and Carrot are still the only shot they have at getting the key to Sanji's cuffs via the mirrors (once they find out about the cuffs in the first place), but they still need time for Brooke to get the Poneglyph copy. Of course there's still Jinbei but that depends on what his fate was from spinning that wheel.

2) Sanji will end up like Robin, Nami, and Ussop when they attempted to leave the crew and will ask for Luffy's help by the end of it (I can't see Sanji crying while doing so like the previous three, but who knows).

Sanji was present during all three of those incidents, so he knows that attempting to leave the crew won't work even if he really wanted to.

Sanji has three dilemmas at the moment.

1. The handcuffs
2. Zeff's safety
3. Big Mom

All three of those dilemmas are keeping his hands tied (literally and figuratively). He somehow needs to let Luffy in on what's going on or else he'll make things a lot worse.

Ray Down

Banned
I don't really see why people are disgusted at Sanji for this I mean what the fuck is he supposed to do, its not that he doesn't trust Luffy and knows his BS won't work. Luffy didn't fall for it with Nami or Robin and this situation is different.

Its not that Luffy can't help/he doesn't believe him but at this moment, hell Sanji battle gung hoo so I don't think BM the problem Sanji would be up for fighting his way out. what can he do to help him?

The cuffs? Ray cut camies back in SA so could luffy do that? Most likely not.
-Different design compared to the ones in SA so they could be near indestructible or stronger.
-Luffy and Nami aren't good with swords and would most likely destroy the swords and Sanji hands in the process.
-CoA coating, no proof sanji hands would survive/not by disfigured.

Zeff? Luffy and co could have someone save Zeff.
-Who do they send? How do they get in contact with them?
-Strawhat fleet? there in a different ocean not enough time to cross over before the wedding.
-Johnny and Yosoku? How do you call them and how do you find the restaurant that sails the ocean, unless you have a card your screwed.

There just now easy solution at the moment, if Sanji left the carriage to join luffy, Germa just gives the call and has Zeff killed. If they leave the Island with the cuffs but Zeff is saved, Sanji loses his hands and really his purpose cause A). Cooking and B). Fighting (he uses his sometimes to help him with the spinning kicks).

Big Mom can cause storms you say? Charlotte D. Linlin anyone haha?

Nah but really, Cracker, Katakiri and Smoothie are the Sweet Commanders eh? Unless Urouge beat him, I guess Bobbin was just a normal member. Wonder where he is now.

I'm not sure if it's the translation, but Sanji telling Luffy to "Return to your ship and galavant..." sounds so hilariously pompous.

I find the fact that Germa 66 are so relaxed around Luffy forced. I mean there is basically no chance that even Sanji's father is on Luffy's level in strength...There should be more general tension in this scene. It would have been pretty cool (although too much of a shortcut for Oda) if Cracker had smashed into the carriage.

That would have hurt the cat I suppose...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom