• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
this chapter was pretty good. Interesting that we get to see Big Mom's power, but does this mean she has 2 abilities? Or is that soul sucking thing somehow related to her weather ability? Regardless, I expect Nami to play a role in the eventual fight with Big Mom since she also uses the weather.

I'm super hype for next chapter. I REALLY want to see Luffy (and Sanji) kick the Vinsmoke family's ass (even though it probably won't happen for a little while :( )

it's hard to tell from what little we've seen of them, but do you guys think Sanji is on par or greater than his siblings? I feel like there's no way they can be stronger than Luffy, but idk about the rest of the crew.

this chapter was pretty good. Interesting that we get to see Big Mom's power, but does this mean she has 2 abilities? Or is that soul sucking thing somehow related to her weather ability? Regardless, I expect Nami to play a role in the eventual fight with Big Mom since she also uses the weather.

I'm super hype for next chapter. I REALLY want to see Luffy (and Sanji) kick the Vinsmoke family's ass (even though it probably won't happen for a little while :( )

it's hard to tell from what little we've seen of them, but do you guys think Sanji is on par or greater than his siblings? I feel like there's no way they can be stronger than Luffy, but idk about the rest of the crew.
I feel comfortable saying he can take his entire family except reiju obviously.

Veelk

Banned
I don't suppose that just once... Just this one time... The Shonen hero can hear that and go "oh, okay" and then leave that anchor of worthlessness where he belongs? I mean, okay, that's not entirely fair, the vinsmokes haven't done anything to deserve Sanji, but you know what I mean. I just want a happy ending just once in this manga.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I feel comfortable saying he can take his entire family except reiju obviously.

It's fairly obvious that Sanji is far stronger than the rest of his family. There's a reason Oda had outside factors influence each of the fights Sanji got into, and even then it was obvious that he was never outclassed--even by his father.

It's fairly obvious that Sanji is far stronger than the rest of his family. There's a reason Oda had outside factors influence each of the fights Sanji got into, and even then it was obvious that he was never outclassed--even by his father.
Yup theyll learn soon enough. Let the others handle big mom nd her shenanigans. Sanji can deal with his family(Nd if they try nd jump him reiju got his back...Calling it)

I don't really see why people are disgusted at Sanji for this I mean what the fuck is he supposed to do, its not that he doesn't trust Luffy and knows his BS won't work. Luffy didn't fall for it with Nami or Robin and this situation is different.

Its not that Luffy can't help/he doesn't believe him but at this moment, hell Sanji battle gung hoo so I don't think BM the problem Sanji would be up for fighting his way out. what can he do to help him?

The cuffs? Ray cut camies back in SA so could luffy do that? Most likely not.
-Different design compared to the ones in SA so they could be near indestructible or stronger.
-Luffy and Nami aren't good with swords and would most likely destroy the swords and Sanji hands in the process.
-CoA coating, no proof sanji hands would survive/not by disfigured.

Zeff? Luffy and co could have someone save Zeff.
-Who do they send? How do they get in contact with them?
-Strawhat fleet? there in a different ocean not enough time to cross over before the wedding.
-Johnny and Yosoku? How do you call them and how do you find the restaurant that sails the ocean, unless you have a card your screwed.

There just now easy solution at the moment, if Sanji left the carriage to join luffy, Germa just gives the call and has Zeff killed. If they leave the Island with the cuffs but Zeff is saved, Sanji loses his hands and really his purpose cause A). Cooking and B). Fighting (he uses his sometimes to help him with the spinning kicks).
Ray Down defending Sanji?

This is the best thing from this chapter.

I'm actually surprised that Sanji was surprised Luffy was there. Like, mate, we've done this before!
Well, he send the message saying he would be back, so I think he didn't expect Luffy to come so soon (he was still in Dressrosa last time he talked with him). His intention was to resolve things and come back quickly, before Luffy started moving. Of course, if Sanji becomes trapped for a long period he would definitely expect Luffy to come.

Kyuur

I have a feeling that Nami will be the key person to 'save' Sanji this time around. This more closely mirrors the situation with Arlong than Robin's at Enies Lobby or Usopp at Water 7, and neither of them are present. She's been in the same spot and the problem is more complex than just beating people up. The question is how -- it seems hopeless without some help from the inside (his sister).

All these swirly eyebrows made Oda confused. lol

tumblr_ofcy08Vm321vbtwngo1_250.jpg

This more closely mirrors the situation with Arlong than Robin's at Enies Lobby or Usopp at Water 7, and neither of them are present.

Nah, this is more similar to Nami's position in Strong World.
I guarantee you Sanji knew Luffy would come if things didn't go the way he had hoped. And sabotaging Germa from the inside might be part of his plan.

I have a feeling that Nami will be the key person to 'save' Sanji this time around. This more closely mirrors the situation with Arlong than Robin's at Enies Lobby or Usopp at Water 7, and neither of them are present. She's been in the same spot and the problem is more complex than just beating people up. The question is how -- it seems hopeless without some help from the inside (his sister).
Jinbei will certainly help and maybe Pudding if she is able to do something. And perhaps Capone, since he wants to get rid of Big Mom.

All these swirly eyebrows made Oda confused. lol

tumblr_ofcy08Vm321vbtwngo1_250.jpg

Nah, this is more similar to Nami's position in Strong World.
I guarantee you Sanji knew Luffy would come if things didn't go the way he had hoped. And sabotaging Germa from the inside might be part of his plan.

If they manage to destroy the Germa technology (this reminds me of Luffy destroying Nami's room in Arlong Park) Big Mom may call the wedding off.

Voror

I'm starting to buy more and more into Pudding having tried to throw them off and she isn't trying to really help them. Luffy outlining the whole thing made it feel quite suspicious. I'd think we'd know soon enough hopefully.

I'm starting to buy more and more into Pudding having tried to throw them off and she isn't trying to really help them. Luffy outlining the whole thing made it feel quite suspicious. I'd think we'd know soon enough hopefully.

I thought that Oda would "redeem" Pudding, using her to pass the message that Luffy is there for Sanji. But now that Sanji already knows that without her help, I can't think of her doing anything useful to help Sanji, unless she has some secret powers.

And I'm surprised with the lack of panels she is having. Maybe Oda is really planning a twist.

I don't suppose that just once... Just this one time... The Shonen hero can hear that and go "oh, okay" and then leave that anchor of worthlessness where he belongs? I mean, okay, that's not entirely fair, the vinsmokes haven't done anything to deserve Sanji, but you know what I mean. I just want a happy ending just once in this manga.

how would luffy leaving sanji alone be a happy ending lol

this is a good point, but sanji was also kind of shook when his other brothers showed up

it could be argued that it was just becasue of his childhood with them though

I thought that Oda would "redeem" Pudding, using her to pass the message that Luffy is there for Sanji. But now that Sanji already knows that without her help, I can't think of her doing anything useful to help Sanji, unless she has some secret powers.

And I'm surprised with the lack of panels she is having. Maybe Oda is really planning a twist.

she could reveal to them the nature of big mom's abilites, beyond what we already know

yeah i feel like pudding is kind of suspect right now

True enough. I want them laid out cold and if luffy helps so help me god ussop
id be fine with luffy helping, but in general i agree

Veelk

Banned
how would luffy leaving sanji alone be a happy ending lol

Strawhats lose nothing of value, reopen a seat in the crew for a new member (Let's hope carrot can cook), the vinsmokes get to cement their alliance with big mom, and big mom gets access to the Germa tech.

Everyone gets something good and there is no real downside.

Strawhats lose nothing of value, reopen a seat in the crew for a new member (Let's hope carrot can cook), the vinsmokes get to cement their alliance with big mom, and big mom gets access to the Germa tech.

Based on what we saw, Carrot doesn't seem to have any cooking ability or talent. She'd probably make a meal as bad as what Luffy made.

But she's not joining either way, so it doesn't matter.

Sanji is essentially Robin/Usopp from Water 7. It's not bad, but at the same time not great either. It works, but it's still much of a call back for me. Rest of the chapter and some developments were pretty damn good tho.

My guess is that she too at some point visited Weatheria or got her hands on some dials to basically do what Nami already does with her Clima Tact.

Edit: Putting souls into the embodiment of fire and rain makes sense as well, since she's got her soul fruit.

I agree on the first point. I literally thought "Robin already did this" until Sanji kicked Luffy, and then I thought "Usopp already did this." But still, we're not in that goddamn forest anymore, so there's a win.

Veelk

Banned
Based on what we saw, Carrot doesn't seem to have any cooking ability or talent. She'd probably make a meal as bad as what Luffy made.

But she's not joining either way, so it doesn't matter.

Well, she better learn.

As with Chopper, if you can't make a meal, you'll be the meal. Rabbit stew!

Lunar15

Literally no one in any party should be fooled by Sanji's ruse, so him playing it up makes no sense.

The Vinsmokes know he hates them, the straw hats know he wouldn't heel turn like this. So why even do this? Why not just tell them what's up. It leads to the same conclusion either way, Sanji's done this WITH luffy nearly 500 times at this point.

I'd argue its more like Nami as others have pointed out

Yeah, but will we actually get a fight between Sanji and Luffy?

It's interesting that Big Mom has the power to control weather. I do remember when she went on a rampage how one of her attacks seemed to let off lightning. I wonder if Nami will be instrumental in stopping her in a fight?

Yeah, but will we actually get a fight between Sanji and Luffy?

It's interesting that Big Mom has the power to control weather. I do remember when she went on a rampage how one of her attacks seemed to let off lightning. I wonder if Nami will be instrumental in stopping her in a fight?
I think they'll fight. What better way to give a message to luffy than with fists(legs) judge said it best earlier in the arc

????

and sanji?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Unlike Nami or Robin ain't no one gonna fall for Sanji's fake out.

That shit doesn't work on Luffy and Chopper wasn't there.

Genryu

Banned
Sanji is going to try and be so convincing in his ruse that he's going to throw a punch during the fight. Mark my words.

I am probably wrong, but that would be neat.

Ugh now I'm really wondering during the strong world OVA with Rogers crew when they were going to fight Shiki and there was that sudden weather change that sunk Shiki. Wondering if that's weather stuff from Nami or Big Moms weather power.

marmoka

Banned
This was a great chapter. Honestly I didn't expect Luffy meeting Sanji so soon.

I expected something more Hollywood style: We are at Puddin and Sanji wedding ceremony, and the Strawhats appear "Stop the wedding!!".

Now things are getting more and more interesting. Great job Oda! After Zou, I felt this arc started a little weak, and I'm loving it so far.

Literally no one in any party should be fooled by Sanji's ruse, so him playing it up makes no sense.

The Vinsmokes know he hates them, the straw hats know he wouldn't heel turn like this. So why even do this? Why not just tell them what's up. It leads to the same conclusion either way, Sanji's done this WITH luffy nearly 500 times at this point.

The Vinsmokes are too egotistical about their own royalty and class to realize or notice that it's a ruse from Sanji. His brothers probably think he's finally come to his senses.

And it's fairly obvious why Sanji is going about it this way. He's knows exactly how Luffy will react and now is not the right time for Luffy to start whaling on his family.

Sanji: "Oh, hi Luffy. I'm being held against my will in a twisted marriage arrangement and if I resist, they'll blow my hands off and/or kill owner Zeff. Now I need you to not do what you usually do right now because this is too sudden and Zeff's life is in the bala--Oh, you've already started fighting my father? Well fuck me then."

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Luffy just went all out a couple seconds before - dont think the fight will be that one sided, especially since he wont go all out anyway. Sanji might though - to get his point across.

Luffy just went all out a couple seconds before - dont think the fight will be that one sided, especially since he wont go all out anyway. Sanji might though - to get his point across.

I don't think it will be a serious fight at all...I mean Luffy has just expended a lot of energy, and Sanji was just beaten up and is in probably worse condition. Over and above that, everything conveyed in the plot has been to show Luffy as being pretty significantly stronger than Sanji. Sanji is a close combat fighter who would literally have no advantages versus Luffy. I am kind of hoping Luffy just goes for his family directly and beats a couple of them up, before they show their hand (Sanji blackmail).

Metal B

Sanji properly using a fight as a distraction to tell Luffy and Nami about his situation. Even so there is only a slight chance, both could help him in the long run. First to get in connect with Jeff or somebody, who can help him (long ranch communication is already establish in One Piece) , and second to find a solution to get rid of the handcuffs. He knows, that Nami is there and she could figure something out (best case would have been Franky. Worst case would have been only Luffy). This is Sanji's third thing besides cooking and fighting, being kind of a spy. So communicating secret messages should be part of his tool-set.

Syntsui

Can't wait for the chapter that will end with the cliffhanger of Judge using a den den mushi and saying ''Kill Zeff''. One year later we will know that whoever tried to kill him was wrecked.

RalchAC

I find the fact that Germa 66 are so relaxed around Luffy forced. I mean there is basically no chance that even Sanji's father is on Luffy's level in strength...There should be more general tension in this scene. It would have been pretty cool (although too much of a shortcut for Oda) if Cracker had smashed into the carriage.

That would have hurt the cat I suppose...

Well, we've seen a few times already how much they rely on their tech and how superior they think they are because of it.

So it makes sense, even if Luffy can probably wreck them.

Sanji's father must be pretty strong though. At least at Yonko Commander level. The guy Luffy just fought was pretty strong, although it was defeated by the power of gluttony.

I wonder what happened with Jinbei. My bet is that he has lost his freedom or something like that with the roulette roll.

About BM's power... maybe she has given a soul to some kind of storm clouds or something like that to make them living weapons? Or Weatheria tech.

Sanji fighting luffy is part of his plan but one of his brothers catches on quickly. He let's it play out for a time. While Sanji is "communicating"with luffy the brother lashes out and critically wounds Nami!

Sanji's spirit is crushed...

The brother laughs and degrades sanji further implying he's too much a failure to come up with a plan he can't see through, he orders Sanji to kill luffy, who is still (along with Sanji) staring at a bleeding Nami in disbelief.

Sanji's eyes tear up, he kneels to luffy and extends his palm heavenward to his captain, sobbing, he pleads to luffy

"Permission to...take life...Captain!"

"Granted..."

Sanji dismantles his own wrists with haki to quickly remove the handcuffs and dashes to Nami's side. Blood seeping from her body, Sanji's shaking hands rest on the wound, bringing his hand to his face, and smearing Nami's blood he vows...

"On my honor, these hands will bring forth their blood ten times over!!

Close up of crazy eyes Sanji with a bloody face...

Fade to black

Diablo...

Good job OP, I'm having fantasies about Sanji again! The hype is back.

IHaveIce

Banned
Ok maybe I'm giving Sanji way too much credit with my thoughts but here they are:

Sanji is fully aware he can't be saved right here right now, eventhough he knows how strong Luffy is, Zeff and the hands are to endangered rn.
So he has to play the tough guy, and he was with Luffy when Nami and Robin did the same thing, he knows Luffy will call bullshit on this and will try to rescue him even harder.

His Family doesn't know this so they believe Sanji suddenly realises the weight of the event. (though look at Reiju being disappointed about what Sanji says)

So Sanji tries to get into a closecombat situation with Luffy, if he is smart he could try to warn Luffy and ask him if he can do something about Zeff. (though I don't know how this would be done right now).
I wish Luffy would do a Rayleigh-move with the handcuffs though.

While this all really interesting, I kinda want to see now what is happening to Carrot or Brook and Pedro.

Big Mom has probably put a soul in to a cloud somehow, but what is with the sun?... Imagine how crazy it would be if she controls a real sun, this would be way too powerful, so what is it.

Taborcarn

What if Big Mom's powers are a form of her Awakened Devil Fruit? We know very little about awakening other than it allowed Doffy to turn the landscape into strings, but the forms that awakening could take might be as varied as the Devil Fruits themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom