• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostBed

Anyone else notice how Luffy just kinda brushed off Big Mom's abilities? He even implied that he's stronger if he's going all out. I really wonder what else he has up his sleeve, cause it still feels like he's way holding back.

Anyone else notice how Luffy just kinda brushed off Big Mom's abilities? He even implied that he's stronger if he's going all out. I really wonder what else he has up his sleeve, cause it still feels like he's way holding back.

Has he ever cared about how strong people say an enemy is?

Dude got manhandled by Croco twice and still gave no fucks about it.

KageZero

I doubt that the fight (if it happens) will be so one sided, i would even go out and say that sanji will be able to match luffy even in gear 4[for some time at least].

Also i'm trying to think of a way how sanji could have told luffy to go away and the only option that would work is if he tried to slowly talk with him but even then, knowing luffy its unlikely he would accept it.
In this situation he won't win any respect from the vinsmokes since they know he is only doing it to save his friends and sh won't buy it either. Again a pretty way less situation in which a serious talk sounds like the best idea, but hey its a shounen manga

Did you see how he managed against Donflamingo when they skirmished? Compare that to Gear 4.
To be fair, Sanji didn't know about Dotlamingo's abilities and got trapped before going all out (he didn't even use Hell Memories). In any case, I would be surprised if he can match Luffy's gear 4th for a brief period.

That said, I doubt that the fight would be one sided because Luffy didn't recover his energy and he is pretty much exhausted. Sanji knows his abilities and he is smarter, so he even may pull a "Usopp in Water 7" and outsmart Luffy with tactics (although he is totally unprepared).

Veelk

Banned
Whitebeard set the standard for what a Yonko is capable of.

Big Mom needs to be atleast on par with that. In other ways, if not in pure strength.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I have to say, I did not see the weather fruit coming. Her ability sounds really cool and actually fits in with Whitebeard's quake powers and Blackbeard's dark powers quite well. It's very "all-encompassing" and more like a force of nature.

Meanwhile, Shanks just put all his stats into Haki. Somehow it still works with the force of nature feel the others have, though.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I have to say, I did not see the weather fruit coming. Her ability sounds really cool and actually fits in with Whitebeard's quake powers and Blackbeard's dark powers quite well. It's very "all-encompassing" and more like a force of nature.

Meanwhile, Shanks just put all his stats into Haki. Somehow it still works with the force of nature feel the others have, though.

They already established that Big Mom ate the Soul Soul Fruit. There's no weather fruit (yet). So these weather powers are somehow connected to her soul abilities.

Lunar15

Big Mom needs to be atleast on par with that. In other ways, if not in pure strength.

I wouldn't say at least on par. Whitebeard was supposedly "The strongest". That would imply that neither Big Mom, Kaidou, nor Shanks were as strong as Whitebeard.

She definitely needs to be close to it though.

Seeing as how her weather powers had names (Zeus and Prometheus), I guess it's more like they're sentient forces of nature that are at her beck and call.

Veelk

Banned
I wouldn't say at least on par. Whitebeard was supposedly "The strongest". That would imply that neither Big Mom, Kaidou, nor Shanks were as strong as Whitebeard.

She definitely needs to be close to it though.

That's why I included the caveat of "in other ways". Kaidou is 'the strongest' as well, but he's 'of the beasts'. So if she's basically a wizard that can steal life force, has her own army, commands the forces of nature, has a spy network feeding her high class information, and now is about to acquire Vegapunk levels of tech (Both Clown and Judge worked with him), then she's probably the strongest in terms of resources/subordinates and all the other Yonko's pale in comparison to hers in this regard.

They already established that Big Mom ate the Soul Soul Fruit. There's no weather fruit (yet). So these weather powers are somehow connected to her soul abilities.

It's weird to connect weather powers with soul powers, I can't think of a satisfactory connection. Maybe she was really a witch before having the soul fruit power... perhaps Oda will finally add magic to the universe.

It's weird to connect weather powers with soul powers, I can't think of a satisfactory connection. Maybe she was really a witch before having the soul fruit power... perhaps Oda will finally add magic to the universe.
Not really when you think about it theres a solution that's wacky enough to work. She took the "souls" of the sun and a thunder cloud.
Xp

SalvaPot

Literally no one in any party should be fooled by Sanji's ruse, so him playing it up makes no sense.

The Vinsmokes know he hates them, the straw hats know he wouldn't heel turn like this. So why even do this? Why not just tell them what's up. It leads to the same conclusion either way, Sanji's done this WITH luffy nearly 500 times at this point.

I think the act was for the Vinsmokes, not for the Straw Hats. But I do believe Sanji is upset Luffy is there to complicate things.

i can't wait until the day we see Shanks in action

No one should doubt that Big Mom or any of the Emperors would be monsters in their own right.

There's still a lot of room for Big Mom to be even more overpowered if she can create multiple large-scale hurricane force winds and incinerate entire islands with "solar radiation".
Depends on how crazy Oda wants to take her abilities.

You'll see him go all out and die all in the same arc

QFT.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Thinking about it, how do we know she's not using something similar to Nami's weather style? Only way more advanced. I mean, it's been established that you don't need a devil fruit to control the weather. Having Nami here would allow the power to not only be explained, but potentially countered.

Kornflayx

So, the sun and the cloud are Prometheus and Zeus right?

They have been featured pretty prominently in nearly every single major panel that BM has been in

So, the sun and the cloud are Prometheus and Zeus right?

They have been featured pretty prominently in nearly every single major panel that BM has been in

if these are in fact prometheus and zeus, it seems like it is a separate ability from the potential devil fruit soul power

Veelk

Banned
Okay, I just checked. I don't know if the sun and cloud things are that, but during her rampage she:

1. casually threw the sun into a crowd and it exploded in fire.
2. when she turned to her son, it's kinda implied she smashed the ground, but I'm not sure. But there was a fire between them that there didn't seem to be in the panel before.
3. She smashed the ground with her left fist, which had thunder coming out of it.

So...I have no idea. On one hand, it seems those powers are in her literal fists. On the other, the Sun atleast clearly has explosive fiery powers.

Considering the homies can't just be an extension like some making a cloud homie gives her weather powers. By One Piece logic anyway.

are you saying that she could have placed souls in clouds/sun and they can control the weather?

because i could see that being possible as well

BHK3

Banned
Not sure how I feel about the sudden power boost given to big mom, or that this is now the Nami + Sanji marriage arc. I can see Sanji drinking a vial from the germa and unleashing his hidden potential, nami steals controls of the clouds and helps defeat big mom.

Also this is gonna be a good fight, though Sanjis power level confuses me. He took direct hits from dad and simply had a :I face after, but his brothers really did him in. Are his brothers that much stronger than his dad or...?

caliph95

Okay, I just checked. I don't know if the sun and cloud things are that, but during her rampage she:

1. casually threw the sun into a crowd and it exploded in fire.
2. when she turned to her son, it's kinda implied she smashed the ground, but I'm not sure. But there was a fire between them that there didn't seem to be in the panel before.
3. She smashed the ground with her left fist, which had thunder coming out of it.

So...I have no idea. On one hand, it seems those powers are in her literal fists. On the other, the Sun atleast clearly has explosive fiery powers.

are you saying that she could have placed souls in clouds/sun and they can control the weather?

because i could see that being possible as well

Yeah something like that is likely based on Veeik observation.

Also this is gonna be a good fight, though Sanjis power level confuses me. He took direct hits from dad and simply had a :I face after, but his brothers really did him in. Are his brothers that much stronger than his dad or...?

His dad knows he's getting married and isn't trying to fuck him up while his brothers don't give a shit. You're overthinking things. Also note everything is about relative power levels and matchups. People need to get out of that mindset when it comes to EVERY confrontation in One Piece

Red Fire

Not sure how I feel about the sudden power boost given to big mom, or that this is now the Nami + Sanji marriage arc. I can see Sanji drinking a vial from the germa and unleashing his hidden potential, nami steals controls of the clouds and helps defeat big mom.

Also, he fought against his dad, while he wasn't allowed to move when 'fighting' against his brothers because they threatened to hurt Zeff. Plus they teamed up.

bjork

So when Buggy becomes the next Yonko, what is his way to be on par? Wit and charm, like Sid Meier's Pirates?

King Buggy is going to be great

How can you take a soul "life force" out of anything in the first place? Is she God?

Only in One Piece

The devil fruit establishes that she can take life force and put into objects, I accept that as any other reader. But how she managed to get a "sun" in the first place? That's the question.

The devil fruit establishes that she can take life force and put into objects, I accept that as any other reader. But how she managed to get a "sun" in the first place? That's the question.
Maybe there are more devil fruits at play here?(not from her she only has one I stand by that) maybe a commander can create an artificial sun and thunder cloud and she put a soul into them? Idk it can't be the literal sun otherwise there's no beating big mom idc what anyone says it would be fluff for the rest of this manga

RalchAC

Something, something, butto basu.

He just doesn't care lol.

So when Buggy becomes the next Yonko, what is his way to be on par? Wit and charm, like Sid Meier's Pirates?

King Buggy is going to be great

It'd be great if somehow he is given recognition for defeating Kaido lol. He has defeated the beast who can't be killed!

Fake spoilers:

Then all Kaido's Zoan underlings join Buggy army and its becomes the Most Powerful Army, dangerous enough to terrify both the World Government and the other Yonkos. However, overwhelmed as he is by being the leader of such powerful beasts, Buggy runs away in a small boat, which is destroyed by a sea monster. He loses consciousness, thinking that his life has already ended, only to wake up in the coast of Raftel.

THE END.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Something, something, butto basu.

He just doesn't care lol.

It'd be great if somehow he is given recognition for defeating Kaido lol. He has defeated the beast who can't be killed!

Fake spoilers:

Then all Kaido's Zoan underlings join Buggy army and its becomes the Most Powerful Army, dangerous enough to terrify both the World Government and the other Yonkos. However, overwhelmed as he is by being the leader of such powerful beasts, Buggy runs away in a small boat, which is destroyed by a sea monster. He loses consciousness, thinking that his life has already ended, only to wake up in the coast of Raftel.

THE END.

YES

Fake spoilers:

THE END.

Goddamit, man! Major end-game spoilers! Thanks for ruining it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom