• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also down on this arc, but this chapter was better than the last several at least. Though I had to give a hard eyeroll to the scans I read that left "nakama" in there. Never fails to get a cringe from me.

I might reread this arc once it's done; maybe it's better in one go (fullbringer arc in Bleach were a thousand times better in one read than weekly). Right now though, it's boring me to tears. We had like 5 chapters in a row that all amounted to "Hey readers, have you figured out that Sanji's family is evil? How about another chapter to show that!" The forest took too long as well.

My only hope is that Oda actually roots Luffy there until the Vinsmokes are dealt with, and then Luffy gets free to fight it out with Big Mom. That works pretty well for Oda's "Everyone gets paired up" thing (I think Sanji versus his dad works out well, and clearly Luffy should fight the Yonkou). Also, Nami and Brook need to contribute a lot here. The former should actually win a 1v1 in a manner that feels epic, and Brook's soul powers should have a ton of relevance against Big Mom.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Another thing to note with Luffy's hunger strike.
Sanji absolutely refuses to let anyone starve. When Gin was refused service despite clearly being on the verge of death, Sanji still fed him without the others knowing. This is what made Luffy decide to make him part of the crew.

The fact that Luffy is purposely going to starve himself is likely another thing eating away at Sanji.

This arc has been great, what have you been smoking?

By my measure, it's very rare. The last time it happened, was back in Punk hazard where Ceaser thought he had Law's heart but it was actually monet's. That was resolved with trickery rather than fists. But besides that...idk, I can't think of the last major antagonist that was beaten by something other than just huge amounts of violence.

As for violence against baddies being the name of the game, maybe to some extent, but My Hero Academia introduces plenty of problems that are resolved by something other than violence, far more so than OP, so I see it as possible atleast.

I was actually referring to instances where plot threads were resolved without violence, at least toward an antagonist in a serious manner.
I guess it depends on what you're looking for in a manga. In most shonen that are action-heavy, it would be counterproductive to not sometimes wrap up a problem with a punch. lol

Because there is nothing to suggest he does? I mean, that's a possibility, but possibilities are literally infinite, so if you just want to start making up tension points that haven't been introduced, then you're kind of doing Oda's job for him. And if you can do that, then I can counter that with making up resolutions that haven't happened. So what if Judge has his people stationed around Zeff? Well, what if Zeff is stronger than these losers and has already kicked their ass.

I don't have the chapter where he said it in front of me right now, but it seemed like Judge inferred that he had "men in waiting for him to give the order."
It would be very plausible for the Germa to have some militia stationed in East Blue since they went there around 13 years ago.

Lets deal with only what we actually know. As of right now, all Judge did was make the vague "shame if something were to happen to zeff" threat. The solution up to now has been to just kick the asses of the bad guys and I see no reason to believe it wouldn't work now.

We'll see what happens, but it would be pointless for Oda to write in the Zeff dilemma if it was merely going to be taken care of via fisticuffs.
I think the key will be the Germa soldiers themselves. If they discover that they're nothing but clone meat puppets and it causes all of them to turn against Judge, then that could very well keep any possible Germa remnants in East Blue from harming Zeff. Why would they follow the orders of a leader that they've lost respect for?

I sometimes feel it's impossible to disagree with some members of this community without them feeling insulted. I've tried every possible approach I can think of to criticize OP without people getting mad, and someone inevitably does. So at this point I'm just blunt about it.

I don't think anyone is getting mad or insulted. At least that's not what I'm sensing from other members.
If anyone is feeling that way, then what's the point of being on a forum? Nobody should feel deterred from starting a discussion whether it's controversial or positive.
If I wanted to be in a community echo chamber where no one wanted to talk about things they disliked, I wouldn't be on NeoGaf. 😛

marmoka

Banned
I read the chapter yesterday. I liked it, but it was somehow predictable.

Is that report about Oda taking a free year true? If so, I hope everything's fine. He really needs a rest, it has to be really hard to release a new chapter every week.

My biggest worry, is that something happens to Oda, like an accident, or illness, and leaves One Piece incomplete. I suppose his assistants know how will the series end, and what happens in every single arc that are coming in the future.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Is that report about Oda taking a free year true? If so, I hope everything's fine. He really needs a rest, it has to be really hard to release a new chapter every week.

My biggest worry, is that something happens to Oda, like an accident, or illness, and leaves One Piece incomplete. I suppose his assistants know how will the series end, and what happens in every single arc that are coming in the future.

Where the heck did the bold come from?

How was the chapter predictable if everyone was expecting Luffy to actually fight Sanji? Who in the world predicted Luffy would go on a hunger strike? Every prediction prior to this chapter was either A. Luffy vs Sanji in a legit fight contest or B. Sanji fights Luffy and uses his fists to show him he has bombs on them to clue him in something is up. It certainly wasn't "Sanji beats the crap out of Luffy while Luffy refuses to dodge or hit Sanji, taking every hit head on, and goes on hunger strike until Sanji returns to him."

Wasn't as powerful as Robin "I want to live" but still a great one...

I'm pretty sad the anime will never do this justice.
...ugh they absolutely can tho it's Not Even hard but it's toei.

The chapter already took care of adding flashbacks so they don't have to pad that. Pad sanji kicking luffy around perhaps with luffy spewing blood like he was, throw in some sad music and above all some at the very least enies lobby tier animation

If you're reading stuff like that on websites that don't look legit, then it's 99% not real.

LotusHD

Banned
How was the chapter predictable if everyone was expecting Luffy to actually fight Sanji? Who in the world predicted Luffy would go on a hunger strike? Every prediction prior to this chapter was either A. Luffy vs Sanji in a legit fight contest or B. Sanji fights Luffy and uses his fists to show him he has bombs on them to clue him in something is up. It certainly wasn't "Sanji beats the crap out of Luffy while Luffy refuses to dodge or hit Sanji, taking every hit head on, and goes on hunger strike until Sanji returns to him."

I just love when people think they can predict what Oda will do. 99% of the time we're always wrong. The whole Mink reveal in the Zou arc is still on my mind to this day.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Wasn't as powerful as Robin "I want to live" but still a great one...

I'm pretty sad the anime will never do this justice.
It will, just wait for One Pace. It's made Zou just as enjoyable as pre-TB anime.

sasuke_91

Okay, this chapter left me with a few questions...

If Sanji actually expected his little show to work on Luffy, he's either very stupid or EXTREMELY desperate, because he should have known that Luffy will never buy that crap.
If that show was for his family and he actually wanted Luffy to notice and help him somehow (a desperate cry for help) then Luffy ruined everything by the end of the chapter.

If he expects Luffy to not be able to stand his ground against Big Mom (he might be right this time) he would make the same mistake Nami and Robin made in the past. Not trusting him to somehow "make it work". I don't expect Sanji to have any doubt in his captain, so I assume it's because he's worried about Jeff.
If it's true though, this arc will be the same as Nami's and Robin's arc. Sanji wants Luffy to turn his back on him and insults and hits him, Luffy works miracles and beats the crap out of everyone. I trust Oda though, so I expect to be surprised.

Firestorm

Okay, this chapter left me with a few questions...

If Sanji actually expected his little show to work on Luffy, he's either very stupid or EXTREMELY desperate, because he should have known that Luffy will never buy that crap.
If that show was for his family and he actually wanted Luffy to notice and help him somehow (a desperate cry for help) then Luffy ruined everything by the end of the chapter.

If he expects Luffy to not be able to stand his ground against Big Mom (he might be right this time) he would make the same mistake Nami and Robin made in the past. Not trusting him to somehow "make it work". I don't expect Sanji to have any doubt in his captain, so I assume it's because he's worried about Jeff.
If it's true though, this arc will be the same as Nami's and Robin's arc. Sanji wants Luffy to turn his back on him and insults and hits him, Luffy works miracles and beats the crap out of everyone. I trust Oda though, so I expect to be surprised.

I think it's almost certainly extremely desperate due to Zeff.

GhostBed

I mean, what choice does Sanji have? His family has fucked him over in ways he didn't see coming.

Of course Sanji is well aware that Luffy would not buy such an act (and he definitely didn't, and Luffy pointed out that Sanji should know better), but utterly rejecting Luffy at that moment was the most logical thing he could do there. He was totally cornered. He's obviously in a ton of emotional distress and is trying to make things work the best he can.

sasuke_91

I mean, what choice does Sanji have? His family has fucked him over in ways he didn't see coming.

Of course Sanji is well aware that Luffy would not buy such an act (and he definitely didn't, and Luffy pointed out that Sanji should know better), but utterly rejecting Luffy at that moment was the most logical thing he could do there. He was totally cornered. He's obviously in a ton of emotional distress and is trying to make things work the best he can.

Yeah, Sanji doesn't have a choice. But what is Luffy's goal in this case? He put an unnecessary amount of pressure on him without knowing what he has to deal with. He noticed the desperation, yet goes on a hunger strike, the most cruel way to hurt Sanji.

I don't really get what Luffy wants to accomplish in this case. Mind you, it was freaking amazing having Luffy scream his lungs out about not being able to become Pirate King without Sanji (which is totally true), but Sanji now has to deal with his family blackmailing him, risking to get Jeff killed and lose his hands and on top of that his captain goes on a hunger strike until he has dealt with it.
I would understand if Luffy kept quiet, noticed Sanji's desperation (which he did) and tried to help him in some way. Him refusing to do ANYTHING until Sanji sorts things out himself seems really out of character.

Also, I'm disappointed in Nami. She was worried about Luffy because he was fighting the whole night and now gets beaten up by Sanji, but she should know better that Sanji would never betray them without a reason.

Yeah, I agree that Luffy's "solution" doesn't help Sanji at all, only gives him another burden. He is making Sanji choose what he will rather sacrifice, but of course, Luffy doesn't know that he is making things worse. However, Luffy's speech might change Sanji's mentality and motivation now since it seemed that he had already given up before meeting them. Luffy is basically pressing him.

Regarding Nami, I believe she knows he is lying but she doesn't understand the necessity of knocking out Luffy, mocking his dream and the effort they made to reach him. If you think about it, it wasn't a fight but a massacre, an outsider would think he was trying to kill Luffy, so she is basically seeing a friend beating another who is refusing to fight. And of course, she feels like an idiot since she was the one that pressed everyone to save him and decided to come along and she has to hear he saying those things. It's not just Nami, but I think any Strawhat would have reacted with the same indignation. She isn't being rational but emotional here and that understandable.

There is still a possibility that she is playing along since the Vinsmokes could still hear everything they were saying, so she was really the one severing their bonds like Sanji planned. Next chapter we'll probably see how she really feels about it.

Having Luffy there at that particular moment is the worst thing Sanji needs right now. He trusts Luffy, but he also knows how reckless and brash he can be.
Trying to tell Luffy "why" he can't come back just yet would have backfired.

As Ganzlinger said, Nami thinks Sanji crossed a line, whatever the reason for it was. I can understand why she would frustrated after all the trouble they got in to get that far.

RalchAC

Yeah, I agree that Luffy's "solution" doesn't help Sanji at all, only gives him another burden. He is making Sanji choose what he will rather sacrifice, but of course, Luffy doesn't know that he is making things worse. However, Luffy's speech might change Sanji's mentality and motivation now since it seemed that he had already given up before meeting them. Luffy is basically pressing him.

Regarding Nami, I believe she knows he is lying but she doesn't understand the necessity of knocking out Luffy, mocking his dream and the effort they made to reach him. If you think about it, it wasn't a fight but a massacre, an outsider would think he was trying to kill Luffy, so she is basically seeing a friend beating another who is refusing to fight. And of course, she feels like an idiot since she was the one that pressed everyone to save him and decided to come along and she has to hear he saying those things. It's not just Nami, but I think any Strawhat would have reacted with the same indignation. She isn't being rational but emotional here and that understandable.

There is still a possibility that she is playing along since the Vinsmokes could still hear everything they were saying, so she was really the one severing their bonds like Sanji planned. Next chapter we'll probably see how she really feels about it.

It's just how Luffy is. He is the same guy who asked Usopp to burn the WG flag, who punched a Celestial Dragon knowing an Admiral would appear and appeared in front of the 3 of them during the Marineford War.

He is naive, impulsive and would just do anything to help somebody he appreciates. It's not about being smart. However, being on a hunger strike and heavily wounded in the middle of your enemy's territory is the kind of dumb move that Luffy does and always triggers something unexpected.

I still think that they are not going to fight Big Mom. I could see her telling Luffy to bring Kaido's head in exchange of Sanji's freedom. She doesn't expect him to beat Kaido, but knowing how dumb he is he'll totally accept the deal.

Having Luffy there at that particular moment is the worst thing Sanji needs right now. He trusts Luffy, but he also knows how reckless and brash he can be.
Trying to tell Luffy "why" he can't come back just yet would have backfired.

As Ganzlinger said, Nami thinks Sanji crossed a line, whatever the reason for it was. I can understand why she would frustrated after all the trouble they got in to get that far.

It kind of reminded me to how Luffy wanted to ask Usopp to come back after what happened in Water 7. And then Zoro told him to not do it.

I mean, it's your fucking captain. You can't just do something like that.

dabig2

In regards to Nami being fooled and angry, it should be noted that even Luffy was kinda not sure if Sanji was being genuine or not in the beginning. It wasn't until Sanji started kicking Luffy that Luffy figured out Sanji was just talking shit to hide his feelings. But to Nami, Sanji was ruthlessly wailing on an opponent who wasn't even fighting back AND mocking them and their dreams as he's doing it.

Sometimes, you can go too far even if you have extenuating circumstances guiding your actions. The Vinsmokes didn't command Sanji to keep kicking Luffy till he was unconscious on the ground. From what I see (and from Nami's POV probably), they don't give a shit as long as he follows through with the marriage plan. Hence why she pleaded for him to stop and that they'll just go. The extra 'convincing' was 100% on Sanji. The Vinsmokes already hate and distrust him, hence the hostage a world away and the explosive cuffs.

For instance, they left Luffy still standing and shouting resolutely all while Sanji is crying in the coach. If the Vinsmokes truly cared about Sanji truly and finally separating ties and being a Vinsmoke, they would have ordered him to kill the strawhats on the spot, like how this commonly used trope usually goes, and would have told him not cry like a peasant.

So Nami being super pissed and emotional makes sense cause she just sees Sanji going an extra mile she believes he didn't have to go down.

Spinx

Gear fifth is close

6n5rhOg.jpg

sasuke_91

I agree with you guys on Nami's reaction being emotional in this case. Sanji definitely went too far, even if it was for show and he didn't go 100%.

Luffy might have seen Sanji's desperation as him giving up. And the moment he walked off he went "I'm not going along with this crap" and started shouting. Still, I don't see how this could accomplish anything.

To me, Sanji is one of the most important crewmates. I could see the story go without Franky or Brook, but I couldn't imagine the story without Sanji in it. That's also why I care about this story arc so much and want it to be something special, not just "Try to turn Luffy against you, fail and ask Luffy to help you deal with the problem and then Luffy beats the boss and everything's good". This worked for Nami as this was early on in the story. I see this a little different in Robin's case since it wasn't really about her not trusting Luffy to be able to accomplish anything but more about her seeing herself as a burden for her crewmates.

As I said earlier, I trust Oda, so I assume he'll surprise me next week. In a good way I hope.

One time I chuckled at what I assumed was a typo, but this is not the first Jeff. Is Zeff localized as Jeff in some region?

I read "Jeff" earlier, so I assumed that was right. In Germany, a lot of the names are pronounced slightly different.

Luffy is called Ruffy.
Zoro is called Zorro.
Usopp is called Lysop (which makes sense, since they wanted to keep the pun with "Uso" and "Lüge" meaning lie).
Zeff is called Jeff.
They want a little too far though and introduced Bartolomeo Kuma as "Bartolomeus Bär". I'm not sure if they kept that name.

To me, Sanji is one of the most important crewmates. I could see the story go without Franky or Brook, but I couldn't imagine the story without Sanji in it. That's also why I care about this story arc so much and want it to be something special, not just "Try to turn Luffy against you, fail and ask Luffy to help you deal with the problem and then Luffy beats the boss and everything's good". This worked for Nami as this was early on in the story. I see this a little different in Robin's case since it wasn't really about her not trusting Luffy to be able to accomplish anything but more about her seeing herself as a burden for her crewmates.

I'm starting to wonder if there is something more about this arc. I doubt that the only accomplishment will be the rescue of a crewmember, we already have that done before, we know how far Luffy and the others would go for each other. I always suspected that this arc would bring the defeat of Big Mom (because that's part of Luffy's journey to be Pirate King) or at least would make Jinbei join the crew. This arc must have a consequence to the story that's not only about strengthening their bonds as nakama.

But with Luffy's speech, I'm starting to think that Sanji might be more necessary for his journey than everyone thought. He was already one of the most useful members of the crew, so if this was all about nakamaship, Oda could have used characters that actually needed more screen time and development like Brook or Franky, but no.

Sanji is the third character that needed a "rescue", after saying goodbye to Luffy. If we see Nami's case, she was the navigator but she isn't a regular one, she can predict the weather which makes her stands out like we saw in Strong World. Oda might even explain later if her "powers" mean something, but what I want to say is that Luffy, probably instinctively knew he needed her to accomplish his dream. Robin was also special because she is able to read the poneglyphs which is something crucial to reach Raftel. And Sanji, is just a cook. Obviously Luffy doesn't care about the skills of his friends, that's not why he does this stuff, but I wonder if Oda is exploring these characters betrayals (Nami, Robin and Sanji) to give some payoff that will be key to Luffy's goal. In this case, it's just my speculation, but maybe there is something only Sanji will be capable to do to help Luffy in the end of the series, thus, all this drama will be justified.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I read "Jeff" earlier, so I assumed that was right. In Germany, a lot of the names are pronounced slightly different.

Luffy is called Ruffy.
Zoro is called Zorro.
Usopp is called Lysop (which makes sense, since they wanted to keep the pun with "Uso" and "Lüge" meaning lie).
Zeff is called Jeff.
They want a little too far though and introduced Bartolomeo Kuma as "Bartolomeus Bär". I'm not sure if they kept that name.

Bartolomeus Bär is pretty much a direct translation. It's also a fucking hilarious name given the character.

I liked this chapter a lot.I'm all for the Vinsmokes being literal cartoon villians that older OP side characters know and love (or fear) thanks to old romanticized comic books, but Oda's really gotta commit to that angle and sell it better.

a bit lttp but just gonna say that I always enjoy Veelk posts, dude keeps this thread interesting and challenges my perspective on my favorite long-running manga in a way that I can appreciate

sasuke_91

@Ganzlinger: I really dread the thought of Jinbe joining the crew. I want him to form an alliance with Luffy. He doesn't seem interesting enough to me and we don't even know about any dream of his. He's also too strong in my opinion.

About Sanji being somewhat special, I could definitely see that happening. Franky and Brook definitely need more character development. In fact, Robin is the last nakama I consider important and not just because she's able to read the Poneglyphs, but more because of her personal connection with her crewmates. Her rescue arc really made me appreciate her as a character. Franky and Brook need this as well, but instead Oda decides to dedicate this arc to Sanji who's been one of the first people to join Luffy on his journey.
This has to mean something.

Bartolomeus Bär is pretty much a direct translation. It's also a fucking hilarious name given the character.

Yeah it's a direct translation and would actually be the right way to call this character if you want to keep the pun, but it still seems weird :p

@Ganzlinger: I really dread the thought of Jinbe joining the crew. I want him to form an alliance with Luffy. He doesn't seem interesting enough to me and we don't even know about any dream of his. He's also too strong in my opinion.

I don't understand this. Jinbei hasn't shown any feats that neither of the Monster Trio couldn't reach. He's not too strong for the Straw Hats.

RomanceDawn

Before the time skip maybe, but now though? No way. From his introduction on until the very last chapter we saw him he has done nothing but fail or retreat from the given situation. As a future Straw Hat, Oda certainly had him in mind from the very get go and clearly understands that even the idea of a former War Lord within the main cast could unbalance them. Thats why in almost every situation Jinbe has been portrayed with no where near the overwhelming might of other War Lords. All of them! Well except Buggy.

Compared to other War Lords his Fishman Karate is very modest as he's got no 1HKO moves like the instant dry out, turning enemies to stone, all the hax that Law is capable of, Moriah's shadow ripping, as well as no bird Cages or Parasites. Mihawk is very much a normal person in comparison but at least he has the ship/ice berg splitting along with being known for going toe to toe with a current emperor and never once taking a hit in the story certainly helps.

At his introduction he was captured and imprisoned. We learn he couldn't defeat Ace when Ace was after White Beard. He had to run from Magellan just like everyone else. Jinbe couldn't even protect his people on Fishman Island, that was all White Beard and Big Mom. He couldn't keep Luffy safe from Akaiunu. He had to back off from Big Mom's game of roulette. And while he certainly tried he alone couldn't solve the social issues that were plaguing his homeland.

Jinbe will fit right in with the crew and as an older more established man within the world we'll probably see a little less growth from him in comparison to the rest of the crew.

Nothing about him is too strong though, from his personality to his on panel accomplishments, he will be very much lacking until he is a Straw Hat.

And just FYI he's my favorite character because of these things.

Veelk

Banned
I don't see why Warlords are a big deal now. Luffy was beating them since before he got Gear 2, Moria always came off as weak to me since he mostly just seemed powerful because of his ability to gorge on shadows, Luffy already more or less has an ally in Hancock, Trafalgor being part of the crew didn't raise their chances overly much and he was Shichibukai levels of strength....

The only ones to be weary of nowadays that seem to live up to the hype would be Mihawk, Doflamingo, and Kuma. And Weevil too, probably. But all in all, Shichibukai are a gang of mostly decent fighters with 3 or 4 at best world class fighters.

So I wouldn't worry about Jinbei, who seems closer to Crocodile tier of power, being overpowering.

I don't see why Warlords are a big deal now. Luffy was beating them since before he got Gear 2, Moria always came off as weak to me since he mostly just seemed powerful because of his ability to gorge on shadows, Luffy already more or less has an ally in Hancock, Trafalgor being part of the crew didn't raise their chances overly much and he was Shichibukai levels of strength....

The only ones to be weary of nowadays that seem to live up to the hype would be Mihawk, Doflamingo, and Kuma. And Weevil too, probably. But all in all, Shichibukai are a gang of mostly decent fighters with 3 or 4 at best world class fighters.

So I wouldn't worry about Jinbei, who seems closer to Crocodile tier of power, being overpowering.
I find this incredibly disrespectful to sir crocodile I'll have to ask you to compare the fish to someone's else

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The real weaklings of the Warlords have been Crocodile and now Captain God King Buggy. Moriah is stupidly, impossibly strong and gets beaten under comically ridiculous circumstances.

Red Fire

Trafalgor being part of the crew didn't raise their chances overly much and he was Shichibukai levels of strength....

This is not true. The strawhats wouldn't have made it through punk hazard/dressrosa that easily without law.

And y'all are underestimating my boy Jinbei. Shame on you.

Veelk

Banned
This is not true. The strawhats wouldn't have made it through punk hazard/dressrosa that easily without law.

And y'all are underestimating my boy Jinbei. Shame on you.

What I mean is that it wasn't "Oh shit, we got a Shichibukai now, it's easy street from here on out fam".

Shichibukai are decent, but they aren't too OP to be main characters.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

It's similar to when Nami witnessed Luffy and Zoro let themselves get beat up in Jaya. She just doesn't understand this kind of thing.

sasuke_91

Maybe I'm overthinking the bounty-thing, but I don't want the Straw Hats' bounty being shot higher again by Jinbei joining the crew. His bounty is higher than Sanji's and even higher than Usopp's (lol). The Straw Hats' bounty being raised has always been a big event for me, so having a 250 million man join the crew to me seemed like he was "too strong", even though we haven't seen him do much.
I still think he's not interesting enough, though. What's his dream? What does he want to accomplish by the end of their journey? Show the world that humans and fishmen can live together?

His water shot can't even leave a scratch on sanjis forehead

See what I did there wink wink anybody get the reference

Sanji and Jinbei will lose an arm?

Anyway, I'm excited for the next chapter.

Maybe I'm overthinking the bounty-thing, but I don't want the Straw Hats' bounty being shot higher again by Jinbei joining the crew. His bounty is higher than Sanji's and even higher than Usopp's (lol). The Straw Hats' bounty being raised has always been a big event for me, so having a 250 million man join the crew to me seemed like he was "too strong", even though we haven't seen him do much.
I still think he's not interesting enough, though. What's his dream? What does he want to accomplish by the end of their journey? Show the world that humans and fishmen can live together?

Sanji and Jinbei will lose an arm?

Anyway, I'm excited for the next chapter.
250 mil? His bounty is over 400mil

Red Fire

The man who risked his life for luffy a number of times in the war, the man who luffy owes his life to, the man who let himself get imprisoned just because he refused to fight against whitebeard and betray his good friend ace.

How can you disdain this badass.

The man who risked his life for luffy a number of times in the war, the man who luffy owes his life to, the man who let himself get imprisoned just because he refused to fight against whitebeard and betray his good friend ace.

I'd prefer Mr 2,vivi,wiper,paulie,ace,the drunken tree and unicorn from thriller bark or even dare I say Rebecca over jinbe.

sasuke_91

You're right. Mr 2 is a great guy :p

I don't dislike Jinbei. I just don't want him to join the crew. Am alliance would be great.

I'd prefer Mr 2,vivi,wiper,paulie,ace,the drunken tree and unicorn from thriller bark or even dare I say Rebecca over jinbe.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom