• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus Christ, this chapter....

My heart is heavy right now.

This is the first time I've seen something like this. Is Oda going to leave Luffy out of most of the conflict in the arc? He's going to not eat and wait for Sanji right there?
Sanji (with maybe the help of Carrot, Chopper, Brook, and Pedro) is going to resolve the situation on his own without Luffy.

I wonder if Nami realized what's going on, too.

I need the next chapter NOW.

This is the first time I've seen something like this. Is Oda going to leave Luffy out of most of the conflict in the arc? He's going to not eat and wait for Sanji right there?
Sanji (with maybe the help of Carrot, Chopper, Brook, and Pedro) is going to resolve the situation on his own without Luffy.

THIS! Is what interests me. Did oda just knock luffy out of the arc? No way

caliph95

Since you don't need Luffy for the Vinsmokes he could easily do that and delay Big mom untill later. That would actually be cool

Kreed

One Piece 844:

Now that Luffy has declared he's not going anywhere and Sanji is sticking to pretending he's moving on from the Straw Hats and didn't leave any hints for Luffy and Nami, I'm guessing Sanji's sister is going to be the one to inform Luffy and Nami what's really going on in order to get them moving towards rescuing Sanji again. Overall though, I think this falling out between Luffy and Sanji is better than how Ussop, Robin, and Nami left the Strawhats simply from how differently Luffy handled this situation. Luffy declaring he can't be the Pirate King without Sanji and refusing to go on sets a very different tone from when Ussop quit the crew or Robin and Nami leaving the crew and Luffy and the others being in the dark until they could get a response from them, as there was a feeling that Luffy would have been willing to let them go even if we know as readers he wouldn't have. Here, he is declaring that he will not give up on Sanji, which IMO shows how much his value in his crew has grown since the time skip since he won't even entertain the idea of Sanji leaving, and IMO if the past Ussop, Robin, and Nami events had happened now, he would have acted the same way.

Kornflayx

I fully expect Luffy to sit in that spot and wait for Sanji to finish his affairs. That would also explain why Oda had Luffy defeat the commander of an Emperor so early in the arc. Luffy has defeated an incredibly dangerous opponent and can now be sidelined for some time.

Also, Luffy will look like starved Zeff when Sanji can finally bring him something to eat. It will be heartbreaking and glorious at the same time.

I need to read this a few more times because.....damn. :(

9BTaunJ.gif

THIS! Is what interests me. Did oda just knock luffy out of the arc? No way

I dunno about the arc, but at least out of the Sanji portion of it.

Since you don't Luffy for the Vinsmokes he could easily do that and delay Big mom untill later. That would actually be cool

I'm confused. Do you mean since Luffy doesn't have to deal with the Vinsmokes, Sanji is going to take care of them and save Big Mom for later?

caliph95

I need to read this a few more times because.....damn. :(

9BTaunJ.gif

I dunno about the arc, but at least out of the Sanji portion of it.

I'm confused. Do you mean since Luffy doesn't have to deal with the Vinsmokes, Sanji is going to take care of them and save Big Mom for later?

Shhesh i need to proofread my shit, i mean that the Vinsmokes are not tough enough that you will need Luffy. So yeah basically what you said.

Idk man..I'm a sanji stan thru and thru but can he really handle this all without luffy. Not so much the vinsmokes themselves but there are several other variables at play here

Idk man..I'm a sanji stan thru and thru but can he really handle this all without luffy. Not so much the vinsmokes themselves but there are several other variables at play here

Even with luffy there (and nami ) there is not much he or them can do .
It going to be interesting to see how they going to get a chance to turn this around .

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Oda is doing a really good job of avoiding straight power creep once again. Luffy is out until something happens, which means it won't just be Luffy vs. Vinsmokes and Big Mom. Really want to see how they'll resolve the situation now.

jbug617

Banned
Luffy is not going to save Sanji at the wedding. Sanji is going to figure a way out by himself. I can see the fight starting once Sanji returns to the location where Luffy is waiting.

Kornflayx

I'm really interested how Oda will handle the fight with Big Mom. Until now Oda has avoided a straight up fight between the male protagonists and female opposition. Maybe this will be a welcome change in his writing.

Maybe not beat then, but show he's a match for one somewhat like Luffy did.

Hmm, I think Sanji will beat the Vinsmokes down...All of them at once. If the Sweet Commanders are Cracker level, I can't see him beating one. Cracker seemed very strong considering how far Luffy had to go to beat him.

Kain

Dem feels. Sanji's siblings appear to know that Sanji is faking it, but his dad seems so stuck up he fell for it, which is the point. I'm sure once Sanji has figured out how to save the threatened people he'll kick their asses and come back to Luffy. That's true bromance.

Hmm, I think Sanji will beat the Vinsmokes down...All of them at once. If the Sweet Commanders are Cracker level, I can't see him beating one. Cracker seemed very strong considering how far Luffy had to go to beat him.

And he had the help of Nami who just happened to have the only weakness to his DF. Cracker was insanely strong.

Dem feels. Oda you better resolve this.

And I don't think Luffy will be grounded. When they discover the truth about Sanji's situation he will move his rubber ass.

Dem feels. Sanji's siblings appear to know that Sanji is faking it, but his dad seems so stuck up he fell for it, which is the point. I'm sure once Sanji has figured out how to save the threatened people he'll kick their asses and come back to Luffy. That's true bromance.

I don't think his dad is falling for it .
They know he has no choice and he just looking at the fall out .

One Piece 844:

Now that Luffy has declared he's not going anywhere and Sanji is sticking to pretending he's moving on from the Straw Hats and didn't leave any hints for Luffy and Nami, I'm guessing Sanji's sister is going to be the one to inform Luffy and Nami what's really going on in order to get them moving towards rescuing Sanji again. Overall though, I think this falling out between Luffy and Sanji is better than how Ussop, Robin, and Nami left the Strawhats simply from how differently Luffy handled this situation. Luffy declaring he can't be the Pirate King without Sanji and refusing to go on sets a very different tone from when Ussop quit the crew or Robin and Nami leaving the crew and Luffy and the others being in the dark until they could get a response from them, as there was a feeling that Luffy would have been willing to let them go even if we know as readers he wouldn't have. Here, he is declaring that he will not give up on Sanji, which IMO shows how much his value in his crew has grown since the time skip since he won't even entertain the idea of Sanji leaving, and IMO if the past Ussop, Robin, and Nami events had happened now, he would have acted the same way.

I think it has less to do with Sanji's value and more to do with how much Luffy has grown as a captain.

Take out the brothers and have it be 1v1 maybe he can take one out? Maybe.

Otherwise I'll take sanji vs his family instead

Yonji and Niji don't really appear to be a match for Sanji, going from what we've seen already. Judge and Ichiji are up in the air, but Sanji wasn't even attempting to fight the former.

I think he can take them out without much fuss and then go up against a Commander afterwards. He doesn't have to beat the Commander, but I'll be happy if he can show that he can keep up with one.

Kornflayx

I think some people here are seriously underestimating the Commanders. Cracker was keeping up with Luffy in his Gear 4 form. Remember Doflamingo against Gear 4? Getting rekt. Remember Doflamingo against Sanji? Doing the wrecking. I think that's all that needs to be said

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
With the grunts reacting to Sanji's Diable Jambe, I bet that's a setup for what we had discussed previously, giving actual logic to his flames. His genetic engineering finally manifesting, etc.

caliph95

With the grunts reacting to Sanji's Diable Jambe, I bet that's a setup for what we had discussed previously, giving actual logic to his flames. His genetic engineering finally manifesting, etc.

I doubt since Oda seems to be making a point o Sanji hard work vs his family enhanced strength. There are lot of abilities that make no actual sense like fishman karate and Zorro's spirit so i doubt there would be Sanji.

I think some people here are seriously underestimating the Commanders. Cracker was keeping up with Luffy in his Gear 4 form. Remember Doflamingo against Gear 4? Getting rekt. Remember Doflamingo against Sanji? Doing the wrecking. I think that's all that needs to be said

It feels like we've barely scratched the surface of Sanji's growth, while Luffy and Zoro got their big character moments several times already now. I'm just ready for Sanji to wreck someone who is noted to be strong.

Kornflayx

It feels like we've barely scratched the surface of Sanji's growth, while Luffy and Zoro got their big character moments several times already now. I'm just ready for Sanji to wreck someone who is noted to be strong.

Oh, I really want that moment for Sanji too. If the only thing he learnt in the 2 years was some cooking, that would be really disappointing.

I want to see Okama Sanji wreck some fools

Ray Down

Banned

This could be a good time for the others to shine.

While Luffy out of comission with his injuries, Nami and the Homies will protect him from Big Mom and her forces.

All the others Chopper, Brook, Pedro, Carrot and Pudding will be at the castle to help him with the Vinsmoke and most likely Baron Tamgo.

Ray Down

Banned
And Nami realizes whats going on, she just saying Sanji went to far for here with beating Luffy up when he wasn't even fighting back/protecting himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom