• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
EignG9u.png

Go nuts.

Big One

Banned
Godamn another fantastic chapter overall. Oda is literally killing it. I thought he said he wasnt going to do romance stories, though!

If Pudding really loves Sanji she needs to reveal her third eye. When you want to marry someone, you need to be honest about it, your partner won't like to know about "extra" parts after it's too late.

Red Fire

Man what a great chapter! Oda going nuts with these chapters lately! Luffy is just plain awesomeness. I really wanna know how things work out for him though and i don't wanna wait 2 weeks :(

Finally bobbin appears! Been waiting for this dude ever since his reveal back on fishman island. Boi-oi-oi-oi-oing!

And as usual everything around big mom keeps getting more and more fucked up. What is this place! Fuckin scary!

And oh my gosh pudding is the best! So cute! Fuck the haters she's the real deal! Marry her sanji!!

LOL

I still think by the time this is over, pudding comes aboard the ship and they are married. It would be interesting at least.

It would be an interesting way to 'retire' Sanji's pervert habit, although I doubt it would happen.

Also I wouldn't want Pudding to join just to be Sanji's wife. She would need something else.

bjork

Watch they get married, then it's revealed that Pudding is actually just pudding brought to life by Big Mom's powers, and she melts ala Shipwreck episodes of GI Joe, and Sanji is thrown into a prison after he just watched his wife melt, with his family unwilling to help because they're all jerks

dabig2

I still think by the time this is over, pudding comes aboard the ship and they are married. It would be interesting at least.

If she's not a fighter then I really don't want her on-board. She can play the Kaya role though, waiting for her beau. Because otherwise it'll be damsel-in-distress 24/7. And Strawhats have some exceedingly tough fights ahead already with Kaidou, the Navy admirals and WG, Weevil, etc.

Lol damn!

GhostBed

Pudding is definitely playing for Big Mom's team still. That whole sobbing thing was bullshit, but it successfully coerced Sanji into putting up a lot less resistance. No way she turns out to be an ally.
Possibly the first women Sanji will kick?

Luffy just standing up to Big Mom's entire army is straight up one of the craziest things he's ever done. No clue how this is going to end.

Such a great chapter. This break is gonna be rough.

ckohler

I honestly don't think Sanji has an actual plan here. I think he really does believe he currently has no path forward.

I tend to agree.

How incredibly bold would it be for Oda to make this arc Sanji's swan song? Have him actually retire from the Straw Hat crew so other members can join? I kind doubt that would really happen but, man, if Oda actually did this it would be unprecedented in the series.

If she's not a fighter then I really don't want her on-board. She can play the Kaya role though, waiting for her beau. Because otherwise it'll be damsel-in-distress 24/7. And Strawhats have some exceedingly tough fights ahead already with Kaidou, the Navy admirals and WG, Weevil, etc.

Lol damn!

She'll be as much of a fighter as Chopper.

I'm sure she'll show us something she can do.

There are so few ways out of the current situation I can think of. It makes sense to me that they beat Germa 66 and find a way around the SH's being part of Big Mom's crew but the marriage still stands.

I tend to agree.

How incredibly bold would it be for Oda to make this arc Sanji's swan song? Have him actually retire from the Straw Hat crew so other members can join? I kind doubt that would really happen but, man, if Oda actually did this it would be unprecedented in the series.

I doubt it would happen nor should it happen. He still hasn't found the All Blue yet.

Ray Down

Banned
Pudding is definitely playing for Big Mom's team still. That whole sobbing thing was bullshit, but it successfully coerced Sanji into putting up a lot less resistance. No way she turns out to be an ally.
Possibly the first women Sanji will kick?

Sanji would never in a million years do this, goes against his principles.

He be a lesser character if he ever did.

Sanji can tell the intentions of a crying women, he can see though her.

That's why the moment she talks crying about "our marriage" he has a serious expression. She apologizes but then he starts to think about the Strawhats, so I'm not sure if he trusts her yet.

Sanji would never in a million years do this, goes against his principles.

He be a lesser character if he ever did.

If she is evil, and he could tell that despite her being cute and actually fights her, that would be actually the character development that everyone asked.

Big One

Banned
I don't think Pudding is evil but I do think that something is going to come up with her third eye. Like she'll have some type of special power.

Kornflayx

Pudding will be revealed to be the real Big Mom. Linlin has the Soul fruit but Pudding can mind control people with her third eye. Linlin is being mind controlled the whole time and Pudding is putting herself as the bride so she can monitor Sanji's plans at the source.

Pudding will be revealed to be the real Big Mom. Linlin has the Soul fruit but Pudding can mind control people with her third eye. Linlin is being mind controlled the whole time and Pudding is putting herself as the bride so she can monitor Sanji's plans at the source.

That just made me think of something really dark. All of her daughters are only alive because she put part of her soul into them and when you beat her.....they all die.

This chapter felt really strange, honestly. If Sanji doesn't have a plan, it seems he gave up on the Strawhats, like he thinks they don't have a chance. That makes him look real bad.

I wouldn't celebrate the "romance" scene because Oda used Luffy and Nami's struggling against Big Mom's army as a background while Sanji was thinking about them. If anything, I don't feel happy for Sanji and Pudding, but I'm feeling uneasy to see the crew so hopeless and falling apart.

sasuke_91

The fact that she lied to the Straw Hats still makes me curious. Here she talks about how Sanji never even mentioned their marriage, but she told Luffy and the rest that he said "I want to marry you, but I can't" because of his friends.
Maybe by telling that lie she wanted to gain their trust and the map she drew for them was supposed to lead them right into the forest.

Anyway, Pudding is hiding something which makes her character pretty damm interesting. I liked the chapter.

Kornflayx

She wants to give the straw hats hope that Sanji will come back and getting them to do reckless things, while getting Sanji to give up on his crew. That would be pretty smart. Two birds with one stone

Big One

Banned
Yeah I just went back a bit and fuuck, Pudding is lying. What she said Sanji said a couple of chapters ago:

pCqO7Nb.jpg

Here's what she said in the recent chapter:

oFbfsvg.png

Combined with the fact she directly sent the Strawhats without warning them about the Seducing Woods....why you lying, girl?!

Here's my take. Pudding is there only to "seduce" Sanji into marriage and make it go through while delaying the Strawhats. She does this by using her kindness as a fishing line. She knew exactly what was happening to the Strawhats while their discussion was going on which is why she did it. She had to make sure Sanji was 100% in. The disparity between Luffy's trials and the scene with Pudding showed a reality of the situation. The reality is she is trying to woo Sanji by using her sympathy to forget about the Strawhats by appearing to be his ally. I wouldn't be surprised if it were Pudding who got rid of Pekoms. She's too clean.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This redeemed the ridiculousness of the last chapter for me. Sanji has given up all hope and that was the only way he could come up with tell Luffy to go away without letting him know he was unhappy. I thought this might be a Robin retread, but it's distinctly different in that Sanji has an ally on the inside (Pudding) and the cuffs leave him at a fairly unique disadvantage. It feels like a new scenario despite being similar.

Ray Down

Banned
Yeah I just went back a bit and fuuck, Pudding is lying. What she said Sanji said a couple of chapters ago:

pCqO7Nb.jpg

oFbfsvg.png

Combined with the fact she directly sent the Strawhats without warning them about the Seducing Woods....why you lying, girl?!

Could be a mistranslation on MS part, they screwed up alot last chapter.

pCqO7Nb.jpg

oFbfsvg.png

Probably a mistranslation but my bet is on Pudding being a snake.

Ray Down

Banned
I will also add we know Sanji and Pudding meet thanks to Reiju.

"Isn't Pudding such a sweetheart, though?" (she's asking for Sanji's opinion on her personality)

Sanji's silence seems more like he agrees, but doesn't want to.

Nibel

Here's my take. Pudding is there only to "seduce" Sanji into marriage and make it go through while delaying the Strawhats. She does this by using her kindness as a fishing line. She knew exactly what was happening to the Strawhats while their discussion was going on which is why she did it. She had to make sure Sanji was 100% in. The disparity between Luffy's trials and the scene with Pudding showed a reality of the situation. The reality is she is trying to woo Sanji by using her sympathy to forget about the Strawhats by appearing to be his ally. I wouldn't be surprised if it were Pudding who got rid of Pekoms. She's too clean.

Nailed it. Something feels really off about her behaviour and the assault on Luffy, Nami, Chopper and Carrot in the forest looked very planned to me; Mom's people knew they were coming.

The big obstacle in this arc might be to convince Sanji that she's full of shit - I for one can't wait for that reveal to happen, shit's gon be fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom