• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big One

Banned
Probably a mistranslation but my bet is on Pudding being a snake.
Yeah and didn't she pretty much openly talk about her plans with the Strawhats in front of the homies in the room with her? It's alraedy implied that the homies directly report to Big Mom, and Big Mom already knew to be prepared for Luffy in the Seducing Woods.

I saw some people suggesting that Sanji was "testing" Pudding this chapter.

When he refers to the wristlets, he mentions briefly that their only “recourse” is to steal the keys is to defeat Big Mom's entire crew. He says “our”, at least in the translation, so that includes Pudding.

But as we read, he illustrates the helplessness of the situation, he tells about everything, first he’s aware of his friends now being in unbelievable danger as they are on enemy territory, so he cuts out the Strawhats, then he doesn’t expect any help from his family (obviously), and he says that he is just going with the flow so he can get his friends safety, but that won't even happen because Big Mom's army is marching against them.

She apologizes, then Sanji said it's not her fault. He says that he was in hell 13 years ago and his friends, they're all his savior. And now everything is back to hell and his adventure is over.

Instead of offering to help him now and being sympathetic with his saviors that are going to be hunted by her mom, Pudding jumps to the conclusion that they’re still going to get married.

His face after seeing her cry is really weird, like he is alarmed.

Pudding realizes that she comitted a slip, and apologizes, then Sanji starts to think about the Strawhats and apparently he is not even paying attention on what she is saying anymore. Funny that Pudding said the same thing Nami said to Sanji during the slap, according to the official translation (Goodbye! Sorry for overstepping our bonds / I've overstepped my boundaries.. my apologies!).

It feels like he told her that information of his past and present situation to get a certain reaction from her.

MSMrRound

But really do some people really think how Nami and Sanji act, they would in a million years get together?

With Nami's love of money and after finding out Sanji's an actual prince and that she have plenty to gain from getting together with him?

Why not.

/s

But really do some people really think how Nami and Sanji act, they would in a million years get together?

What's the problem? He clearly likes her, in fact almost died for her many times and recently was revealed that she cares a lot about him, despite beating him when he is acting like a pervert. After all the "romantic" moments Oda draw for them, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they end up together, especially if Nami saves him from this wedding like Sanji saved her from Thriller Bark.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
*looks on Twitter and Tumblr*

Shippers are losing their minds right now.

letthemfight.gif
My thoughts exactly.

People still suspect Pudding? SMH guys. Sanji probably did say he needed to go back at first but (by his own admission this chapter) said he eventually realized that wasn't possible.

Red Fire

This seems really reasonable and could very well pan out like this.

On one hand it would make my boy sanji shine and be another badass moment for him.

On the other hand i really hope pudding is a lovely girl with no bad intentions. I really like her.

Hmmmmmm

Big One

Banned
This seems really reasonable and could very well pan out like this.

On one hand it would make my boy sanji shine and be another badass moment for him.

On the other hand i really hope pudding is a lovely girl with no bad intentions. I really like her.

Hmmmmmm
I think Pudding will be a friend eventually, but there'll be some hurdles here. It's possible that what'll end up happening is that Pudding is a bit "twisted" due to being one of Big Mom's daughters, but was ultimately twisted by Big Mom's twisted system more than anything else. I think she may turn on Sanji but we're going to be sympathetic to her story. I also think Big Mom will eventually be an ally to the Strawhats.

I think Pudding will be a friend eventually, but there'll be some hurdles here. It's possible that what'll end up happening is that Pudding is a bit "twisted" due to being one of Big Mom's daughters, but was ultimately twisted by Big Mom's twisted system more than anything else. I think she may turn on Sanji but we're going to be sympathetic to her story. I also think Big Mom will eventually be an ally to the Strawhats.

Hmmm, I can't really tell what is going to happen with Big Mom. She seems pretty threatening so far, but also unpredictable. I can't say at all how it will go with her.

Yeah and didn't she pretty much openly talk about her plans with the Strawhats in front of the homies in the room with her? It's alraedy implied that the homies directly report to Big Mom, and Big Mom already knew to be prepared for Luffy in the Seducing Woods.

Yup. She did it with the knowledge that the Strawhats don't know a thing about the homies.

Kain

I can't help but feel that Oda is repeating himself with this rescueing business... I mean, I should not doubt, but Bleach has poisoned my mind into thinking the worst out of mangakas... Halp

When he refers to the wristlets, he mentions briefly that their only “recourse” is to steal the keys is to defeat Big Mom's entire crew. He says “our”, at least in the translation, so that includes Pudding.

But as we read, he illustrates the helplessness of the situation, he tells about everything, first he’s aware of his friends now being in unbelievable danger as they are on enemy territory, so he cuts out the Strawhats, then he doesn’t expect any help from his family (obviously), and he says that he is just going with the flow so he can get his friends safety, but that won't even happen because Big Mom's army is marching against them.

She apologizes, then Sanji said it's not her fault. He says that he was in hell 13 years ago and his friends, they're all his savior. And now everything is back to hell and his adventure is over.

Instead of offering to help him now and being sympathetic with his saviors that are going to be hunted by her mom, Pudding jumps to the conclusion that they’re still going to get married.

Pudding realizes that she comitted a slip, and apologizes, then Sanji starts to think about the Strawhats and apparently he is not even paying attention on what she is saying anymore. Funny that Pudding said the same thing Nami said to Sanji during the slap, according to the official translation (Goodbye! Sorry for overstepping our bonds / I've overstepped my boundaries.. my apologies!).

It feels like he told her that information of his past and present situation to get a certain reaction from her.

Same feeling. Our Prince is here!

With Nami's love of money and after finding out Sanji's an actual prince and that she have plenty to gain from getting together with him?

Why not.

/s

Sanji ain't getting a penny from the Console coffers.

The real money is with Chopper. He's a doctor $_$

Nompper for lyfe

daveo42

Banned

He is the crew strategist who never tells the crew that he's working an angle and none of them ever know about. Sanji in with the longest of cons, it's just harder because it involves "breaking" ties with the SHs.

Veelk

Banned
I rarely praise OP for various reasons, but I still think this arc, despite sanji being in it, has a lot going on for me.

The villain speaks my language ("Everyone has about a hundred or two people they hate they want them to die, it's natural!" is pretty much exactly general regard of most One Piece characters), the general arc seems to be more about intellectual and emotional intrigue (not just due to external factors, but within the strawhat crew themselves), and while I rarely praise the design of OP characters, I can't help but like Rudolph and the sword lady with the big ass hat. Sanji is even interacting with a girl like she's a normal human being. I mean, it's a question whether their intentions are good or how much Sanji knows, but it feels like this is his first actual conversation with a female in I don't even know how long. If this is what reuniting with the vinsmokes does to him, I hope all 3 of his brothers join the strawhats to keep him straightened out.

The big one asked what One Piece could do to make me happy, and my answer is still the same. I don't think that OP can do actually seperate everything I don't like about it from the general plot. But an intelligence centric villain, espionage and information warfare, alice in wonderland aesthetic, inner strawhat drama, and Sanji being miserable are a good start.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Oda's keeping his cliffhanger game strong.
Luffy going full Musou. Reason #200 we've had three of those games (needs a fourth with more Dressrosa and Zou characters, and Cracker)

After Naruto i hope all OP shippers burn in hell

Never read the One Piece threads on /a/. Shipping shitposters everywhere.

Veelk

Banned
The reason Nami is so concerned for Luffy is because she loves him. She slapped Sanji because of what he did to the man she loves.

This is canon.

:trollface

Well, Luffy and Zoro.

Series is going to end with Luffy and Zoro sandwiching Nami. Through wacky circumstances, Sanji will be trapped in the room's closest when the One True Threesome come to consumate their love. He can't see anything, but he will hear the noises. What he does as a reaction will be left to the viewers imagination.

Sesha

If that's the case I still think they will be married.

Maybe. The wedding will probably get disrupted, though they might get married for real at the end, or in the epilogue, or something. Unless Pudding is actually false somehow.

Or is that what oda wants you to believe?

Pretty sure Oda follows Toriyama's thoughts on romance. Except unlike Toriyama he can't be pressured by editorial into writing a relationship/marriage.

convo

I don't get Pudding, she seems nice and caring, or is she actually manipulating Sanji?

She still kind of wanted the wedding this chapter before realising his feelings on the whole thing. People can take that both ways really, either a scam tactic to get closer to Sanji, or actual genuine feelings. Her being a manipulator could be a shocking reveal maybe, i wouldn't really mind her being a good person though.
She could unknowingly be in her mothers grasp and all her actions in helping the strawhats were all within Big Mom's predictions or something.

Kreed

One Piece 845:

This would be a really good time for Jinbei to show up and save Luffy somehow. Otherwise, I'm guessing we'll be seeing Luffy captured and bloody in front of Big Mom in the next couple of chapters (unless Nami can grab him after he gets knocked out).

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Now would be a good time for Oda to pull a Hiro Mashima and confirm to the fandom which characters are virgins via orgasm magic.

I still can't believe that happened...
People give Oda shit for women characters, but he's still leagues ahead of a lot of other Shonen authors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom