• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veelk

Banned
I'm gonna wait to see how it plays out, but given that Luffy did the whole "This is what I said I'd do, therefore nothing can make me not do it", it's unlikely that he'll actually move from that spot.

But then sending Big Mom's army after him is just a dumb move. The only way that Luffy can survive that kind of onslaught now is just to overpower it. Even with Nami helping him, this seems like it's all of Big Mom's pirates that aren't her Sweet Commanders going after him. So you're telling me that after an 11 hour battle with one of Big Mom's strongest subordinates and a self imposed hunger strike, Luffy is capable of overpowering the entirety of Big Mom's crew while holding a singular position that they should be able to flank for a greater advantage (I know tactics in OP are 'gags' more than anything, but still).

I don't see the point of this. Luffy gets another generic badass moment where people get to say he fought off a literal army, but it undermines Big Mom's power base so, so much.

Big One

Banned
I'm gonna wait to see how it plays out, but given that Luffy did the whole "This is what I said I'd do, therefore nothing can make me not do it", it's unlikely that he'll actually move from that spot.

But then sending Big Mom's army after him is just a dumb move. The only way that Luffy can survive that kind of onslaught now is just to overpower it. Even with Nami helping him, this seems like it's all of Big Mom's pirates that aren't her Sweet Commanders going after him. So you're telling me that after an 11 hour battle with one of Big Mom's strongest subordinates and a self imposed hunger strike, Luffy is capable of overpowering the entirety of Big Mom's crew while holding a singular position that they should be able to flank for a greater advantage (I know tactics in OP are 'gags' more than anything, but still).

I don't see the point of this. Luffy gets another generic badass moment where people get to say he fought off a literal army, but it undermines Big Mom's power base so, so much.
It's very likely an outside party will influence them to shoo off. If I had to guess it'll be Nami's vivre card.

Devil

You should wait to see what actually happens before being disappointed already ;)

I really don't expect that to happen, and it doesn't look like Luffy is confident about that either, he's just stubborn. Someone or something is going to help and/or interrupt.

sasuke_91

Why would that be? There's lots of ways this situation could develop. I don't think Luffy beating an entire army is one of them.
Luffy is probably not going to win this anyway. I can see him being captured and brought to Big Mom, but I don't know how this could lead to him bringing back Sanji, so I'll just stay excited for the next chapter :p

Do you guys remember the "devilish sacrifice" Big Mom was planning? Could that be Luffy, since after she speaks that, she comments that he alrready arrived? Or maybe Sanji?

A surprise definitely is coming during this marriage, getting some Game of Thrones vibes...

GhostBed

Not a chance Luffy is going to win this fight. Next chapter we're going to get some kind of twist that pulls him out of it. My guess is it involves Jinbei but we'll see.

Syntsui

Luffy won't win this fight, period. Just wait and see before jumping to conclusions.

jokkir

Luffy will get caught. Luffy will become the wedding cake topper and Sanji will have to save him. In the middle fo this all, the Germa 66 will have a change of heart and then help Sanji with the fight using their own Germa 66 army against Big Mom.

Syntsui

Luffy will get caught. Luffy will become the wedding cake topper and Sanji will have to save him. In the middle fo this all, the Germa 66 will have a change of heart and then help Sanji with the fight using their own Germa 66 army against Big Mom.

Absolutely impossible, Luffy beating every single BM underling is more believable than this. If anything, Reiju will help them, but that's it.

sasuke_91

Speaking of Reiju, I love how she's not a one-dimensional "good" or "bad" character. She wants to help Sanji, but she doesn't want to risk getting harmed herself. You can't really tell if she would help the straw hats or not.
The first chapter she was introduced, I immediately fell in love with her design and personality.

Anteater

Absolutely impossible, Luffy beating every single BM underling is more believable than this. If anything, Reiju will help them, but that's it.

I think it's possible, but this will require Sanji's dad to turn around and be the good guy, we know Germa are actually trying to use Big Mom and there are things we don't know about them.

Also it depends on whether Germa are powerful enough to withdraw without having to deal with the consequences.

Honestly it's hard to imagine Luffy and Sanji can get out of this so either Big mom or Germa will pull out for a reason

I'm more inclined to believe that Big Mom would have a "change of heart" than the Vinsmokes after everything they did.

Neither of them will feel any sympathy towards the Strawhats, but they can certainly betray each other.

Speaking of Reiju, I love how she's not a one-dimensional "good" or "bad" character. She wants to help Sanji, but she doesn't want to risk getting harmed herself. You can't really tell if she would help the straw hats or not.
The first chapter she was introduced, I immediately fell in love with her design and personality.

i feel like she would help the strawhats if there was no way it could be traced back to her

she doesn't seem to care that much about her family, she just wants to preserve her lifestyle is what it seems like

Seesaw15

Finally caught up after taking a break at chapter 800. Man these last two arcs have been perfect. Everything's coming together yet expanding at the same time. Goda continues to deliver.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm more inclined to believe that Big Mom would have a "change of heart" than the Vinsmokes after everything they did.

Neither of them will feel any sympathy towards the Strawhats, but they can certainly betray each other.

The bold is the most likely scenario. No way either side has a change of heart, but the Strawhats can certainly play them against each other if they wanted.

Ray Down

Banned
Looks like Pudding is a good girl, from the official Viz translation:
You only just barely met me... of course I can't fill the hole left in your heart! Besides... you've never once even said... you were actually going to marry me!!

Looks like Pudding is a good girl, from the official Viz translation:
You only just barely met me... of course I can't fill the hole left in your heart! Besides... you've never once even said... you were actually going to marry me!!
Hmmmm still not buying it Xp. She's such a good woman, come on oda fuck sanji over thru her...

*Jaded sanji fan

Lunar15

He's either going to get pulled out of it, lose, or slowly gain back-up over time.

Yeah, the official translation cleared things up about and Pudding doesn't seem as two-faced as once perceived.
Interestingly enough, it seems like Sanji might genuinely want to marry Pudding now.

Big Mom is such a great villain.

I think part of why I like her so much, is how upfront she is about who she is and what she wants.

Look back at all the previous One Piece villains. The vast majority tend to work in the shadows to get things done. Kuro hid his whole pirate agenda. Crocodile ran a secret organization with his warlord status as a cover. Doflamingo secretly overthrew Dressrosa and ran a undeground weapons ring. CP9 was an undercover government organization. It's not often that we get fully transparent antagonists in One Piece that say what they want whenever they want.

Big Mom acts more like a traditional mob boss. She's flashy, well known to the public, and practically untouchable. For her, the family should always support her. She's the matriarch and by that right the one who decides how the children's lives should be. She hasn't shown any love for any of her children but the majority of her sons and daughters have shown affection and care for her. Whether it's an act of fear and real remains to be seen.

She's a great contrast to Whitebeard in that regard. Although Whitebeard's sons were willing to give everything to protect his name and life, Whitebeard was all about keeping his children's lives safe. He placed value in them over his own status. He didn't care about becoming Pirate King or anything like that. It was always his family that he put first and foremost. She really makes a great rival to Luffy as well. Luffy is all about rising to the status of pirate king with the crew he's built up. Big Mom seems to think nearly everyone but herself is expendable, and is currently stagnant in her place as Yonko.

The whole line BIg Mom said about everyone has 200 or so people they want to kill really nails her character down pat. She's not exactly sadistic so much as she is narcissistic. Everything is about her being satisfied. From the tea parties, to the sweets to end her rampages, everything revolving around Big Mom is to pamper her. She isn't even concerned with the outside events of the world that much it seems. Yes, she's forming an alliance with the Vinsmokes but in comparison to Kaido and Blackbeard she seems rather content in her position in the world. She's not overly ambitious or taking any huge gambles. Every step she takes is carefully planned out to suit her needs and no risk is taken without consideration. It's similar to Doflamingo but less extreme in ways. She's not playing with fire like many of the Worst Generation or previous One Piece villains have. She's already in the big leagues and has no need to go up.

Ray Down

Banned
All blue is in your heart

098.jpg

sasuke_91

Yeah, the official translation cleared things up about and Pudding doesn't seem as two-faced as once perceived.
Interestingly enough, it seems like Sanji might genuinely want to marry Pudding now.

I still want her to be more than just the "good girl". You're not evil if you're a little selfish sometimes. It just makes you more human. I want Pudding to be an interesting character, not one-dimensional.

All blue is in your heart

If Oda pulls that off he'll be a bigger troll than Kubo.

SalvaPot

Nah it's obvious pudding is his type. Making sweets whenever..but wait so can sanji.....

Every hot/cute girl is Sanji´s type. But its clear Pudding shares the same passions as him for cooking, so they really do complement each other.

I can see them actually getting married, but not "consuming" it until Sanji reaches his dream of finding All Blue.

Guys don’t bring up Hancock, I go into a dark mental place since we haven’t seen her in years. ‘-(

Pudding, Jimbei, Vivi, etc...She TRUMPS ALL!

Her with Sanji, and Luffy onscreen at the same time is genuinely some of my best favorite OP, I knew she was too big to become a straw hat, but my dreams were still crushed.

That would just be so boss for her to end up as Luffy’s “Chi-Chi"

Veelk

Banned
Which is another reason Sanji is a terrible everything. Instead of fixing his kids fucked up face with his cosmetic surgery kicks, he just takes it out on others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom