• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shit man, guys lay off the ether, Cindy has some very high class taste quality stuff. I mean her favourite character is Nami which shows real appreciation of characters. I mean at least it's not Sanji whose spent the majority id post time skip jobbing so much I question of he's even a part of the monster trio anymore.

TBH I have had to suffer my fave becoming a big boobed vixen whose main attribute is tittilation and fan service. I caught the biggest L. I had to bear with it. I have to grit my teeth. I had to accept that Oda took the innocent and free spirit of Nami and turned her in a bomb shell babe with little worth. But my stan-hood will not waver.

lJEM3tl.gif

Nami's Water 7 outfit really was GOAT.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
TBH I have had to suffer my fave becoming a big boobed vixen whose main attribute is tittilation and fan service. I caught the biggest L. I had to bear with it. I have to grit my teeth. I had to accept that Oda took the innocent and free spirit of Nami and turned her in a bomb shell babe with little worth. But my stan-hood will not waver.

lJEM3tl.gif

Nami's Water 7 outfit really was GOAT.
I know that feel I'm primarily a Luffy and Ussop fan and Luffy's been very boring and genetic for most of the time skip though this arc is slightly making up for it a bit. God Ussop's still great though.

Something Carrot can also do better than nami lol

No way in hell lol .

I know that feel I'm primarily a Luffy and Ussop fan and Luffy's been very boring and genetic for most of the time skip though this arc is slightly making up for it a bit. God Ussop's still great though.

You know luffy always going to do say or do something awesome .
So i don't mind him being boring and genetic .

This is before the time skip. It goes as far back as Thriller Bark with Absalom. All of a sudden Nami is treated as an object ever since and I've had to go along with it. It was so sudden.

Thank goodness for this arc and saving Nami as a character.

This is before the time skip. It goes as far back as Thriller Bark with Absalom. All of a sudden Nami is treated as an object ever since and I've had to go along with it. It was so sudden.

Thank goodness for this arc and saving Nami as a character.

Nami was in only 1 arc after thriller bark then the time skip happen .
Plus she was a major part of PH , truth is she get more stuff done than most SH lol .
Still she will always be use for fan service since the beginning .

sasuke_91

Nami actually looked pretty decent in the beginning.

It was worst after the time-skip when she wore nothing but a bikini-top and pants.

RalchAC

Yeah it's just that Oda female bodies were not as boobs \ hour glass crazy back then .

When I watched One Piece Film Z I thought 18 years old Robin looked much better than 30 years old Robin. She had more realistic proportions. OG Robin is better than time-skip Robin too.

Usopp is my favorite though. He is a bit tiring at times, but it's the closest thing to what a normal being would be in the OP world. Dude is a coward and a liar, but i've always loved how he always gets his shit together when the right time comes.

And he pulled a Buggy in the Dressrosa arc lol

Nami actually looked pretty decent in the beginning.

It was worst after the time-skip when she wore nothing but a bikini-top and pants.

It's not outfits but how Oda draw females now .
Before the time skip nami wear bikini-top and pants .
Just look at Skypiea Arc but now female boobs are way to big and he also draw the bottom part to low now also .

sasuke_91

It's not outfits but how Oda draw females now .
Before the time skip nami wear bikini-top and pants .
Just look at Skypiea Arc but now female boobs are way to big and he also draw the bottom part to low now also .
If you can't get women's proportions right you should stop trying to draw women in sexy clothes where you can clearly see that. Didn't Oda get the memo?

Pre timeskip or timeskip still crap

This was pre-time skip but also way before she became a fan service object and grew an F cup overnight.

I really do miss Oda's 90's fashion, it felt more down to earth than the new world spreads he does now.

I really do agree. I really liked how One Piece had pirates with modern clothes and stuff. Like how Naruto had ninjas and samurai with modern clothes. I always thought that was cool. Basically, I'm not fond of Luffy having a sash for instance in post-time skip, like a traditional pirate.

This was pre-time skip but also way before she became a fan service object and grew an F cup overnight.

I really do agree. I really liked how One Piece had pirates with modern clothes and stuff. Like how Naruto had ninjas and samurai with modern clothes. I always thought that was cool. Basically, I'm not fond of Luffy having a sash for instance in post-time skip, like a traditional pirate.
Hey hey luffys sash is top tier goodness.

Okay we have to disagree here .
Having a sash is awesome .
Then again i love stuff like that , sash , cape , jackets etc etc

.. excuse me

WkojwWg.png

I mean, look at them (him).

He's got the traditional pirate gear. The jacket, the sash, pistols, booze, the jewelry. He's a traditional pirate that we know through media.

Luffy represents the opposite of that to me. He's got a modest pair of shorts, a vest, strawhat, and some sandals. All things that run against traditional ideas of piracy or how a pirate's supposed to look.

Now Luffy's got a sash. It just feels like a weird add on to me that doesn't gel well with Luffy's character. It's such a traditional pirate item and has no place being on Luffy. Then you contrast it with the rest of BB's crew. Most of them have traditional pirate items. Burgess and Laffite being the lone exceptions. Four to five of them have pirate jackets or some traditional outfit.

My opinion.

WkojwWg.pn

He's got the traditional pirate gear. The jacket, the sash, pistols, booze, the jewelry. He's a traditional pirate that we know through traditional through and through.

Luffy represents the opposite of that to me. He's got a modest pair of shorts, a vest, strawhat, and some sandals. All things that run against traditional ideas of piracy.

Now Luffy's got a sash. It just feels like a weird add on to me that doesn't gel well with Luffy's character. It's such a traditional pirate item and has no place being on Luffy. Then you contrast it with the rest of BB's crew. Most of them have traditional pirate items. Burgess and Laffite being the lone exceptions. Four to five of them have pirate jackets or some traditional outfit.

My opinion.

Well you know that luffy going to need something to join the big boys .
Even if it not a sash , it going be a cape , coat hanging on etc etc .
It's like a golden rule in OP to have something like that when you top tier lol .

Principate

Saint Titanfall
WkojwWg.png

He's got the traditional pirate gear. The jacket, the sash, pistols, booze, the jewelry. He's a traditional pirate that we know through media.

Luffy represents the opposite of that to me. He's got a modest pair of shorts, a vest, strawhat, and some sandals. All things that run against traditional ideas of piracy or how a pirate's supposed to look.

My opinion.
TBF thouh Luffy's goal is Pirate king and Roger is litterally the most typical looking pirate you could find in this manga.

TBG thouh Luffy's goal is Pirate king and Roger is litterally the most typical looking pirate you could find in this manga.

Right. My take is that the old generation should wear old pirate-y stuff and the new generation should wear modern stuff. Luffy wants his own path. He doesn't want to be just like Gol D Roger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom