• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I'm even more curious about Pudding now. Luffy said she was his friend, but Big Mom said: lol no.

I mean, normally it wouldn't be surprising that she doesn't believe Luffy, but Big Mom should know that Pudding helped them reach the coast of Whole Cake Island, since the trap was already set by her crew when the Strawhats arrived there. Pudding was the one who pointed the location, even if she is innocent and kept it a secret from her mother, Big Mom spying net should have known what she did (well, if Nitro is really a homie, he could have told Big Mom from the start, so it's odd that Pudding talked about the plan in front of him, now that I think about it). Tamago also seemed to know that Pudding was going somewhere, and held her inside the dress store.

So, if Oda didn't make a plot hole, Big Mom definitely should know that Pudding helped them. And we now know what she thinks about "traitors" with Lola's story. She would be really mad if Pudding ruins this wedding, but Pudding thinks she would be fine with it because ber mother would never hurt her (like she told Nami and Sanji)? Is she really naive like Lola?

Did Big Mom lie to Luffy that Pudding isn't his ally just to crush his hopes? That or she really thinks Pudding is on her side, either because she isn't aware of her sabotage (unlikely) or because Pudding is indeed working for her (Oda would have to explain this plot twist because Pudding has alibi and didn't lie to Sanji). I'm leaning towards the first option, she knows about Pudding's betrayal but wanted to make Luffy feel hopeless, like saying he doesn't have allies there. In any case, this is intriguing, and Oda is really being selective about Pudding, she only appeared basically in three chapters so far.

TheFlow

Banned
Ok so is there a secret giant race in hiding? I feel like lola was supposed to marry one. Hence no giants present.

Also lol that national treasure box is a trap. So obvious.

I predict it will flood the room with sea water.

Big mum is and kaido are terrible. Big mum collecting living species even humans.

Chopper about to go ham.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ok so is there a secret giant race in hiding? I feel like lola was supposed to marry one. Hence no giants present.

Also lol that national treasure box is a trap. So obvious.

I predict it will flood the room with sea water.

Big mum is and kaido are terrible. Big mum collecting living species even humans.

Chopper about to go ham.

Or it could be Elbaf related. That's another big plot point we have yet to tackle

Also, it's confirmed that the box is a bomb. This was confirmed way back at the end of Fishman Island.

TheFlow

Banned
Or it could be Elbaf related. That's another big plot point we have yet to tackle

Also, it's confirmed that the box is a bomb. This was confirmed way back at the end of Fishman Island.
Hype.

I don't even remember that. Do we know what type of bomb?

Nibel

Pudding being a snitch lowkey confirmed tbh

Also getting kinda overwhelmed with the amounts of new characters this series throws at me every week; can't remember any names

Big Mom seems to have a bit of a complex about people who are bigger than her.

Damn, that's interesting. Guess the key to fight her might be to grow in size? New Gear 4 form? Monster Chopper?

bjork

The book full of animals is definitely going to come undone at some point and keep a lot of her crew busy when things finally go down.

Well, of course Big Mom doesn't like giants. She dreams of dining at eye level with her entire family comprised of all the races of the world, but the existence of giants have made that impossible.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This chapter was fucking amazing, reminded me of when stuff when getting dire in Water 7

Alanood

Nice chapter 8/10
Luffy ruining Sanji's effort by making Big Mom angry and challenging her.
(I liked that but I wonder when he'll get some character development and learn from what happened in Shabondy archipelago)
I wonder who's the man Lola was supposed to marry, a giant? a revolutionary?

Well, I just hope there won't be a stupid scenario where two yonkos are beaten by the crew at once.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Who wants to bet:

-Wano is solved by Zoro and crew concurrently for the "next" arc

-Elbaf is after

dan2026

Carrot is my favourite new character in a long while. She's so damn cute. You can't cook her.
I can't wait for Chopper to smash Brûlée''s stupid face through one of her mirrors.

I also hope all the cruelly imprisoned animals break out of that book and cause some havoc.

bjork

Chopper is gonna shrink and it'll be some living chain that is smart enough to tighten up. Then Carrot will show she's just faking too and go apeshit on everyone.

GG-Duo

It's very curious that both Lola and Pudding thinks Big Mom is nice. That's some intrigue that Oda is laying down here. It can be a twist like she has split personality or somebody stole half of her soul or she has it in a jar or something.

Lunar15

Pudding being a snitch lowkey confirmed tbh

Also getting kinda overwhelmed with the amounts of new characters this series throws at me every week; can't remember any names

Damn, that's interesting. Guess the key to fight her might be to grow in size? New Gear 4 form? Monster Chopper?

Caesar is working on a growth serum, so it could be anyone. This is an Alice in Wonderland themed arc, someone will grow.

Chopper is gonna shrink and it'll be some living chain that is smart enough to tighten up. Then Carrot will show she's just faking too and go apeshit on everyone.

Tbh I'm surprised Its not made of seastone.

Re; Pudding isn't a friend. Big Mom doesn't really consider the feelings of her children that seriously, so I'm taking what she says with a grain of salt.

Re; Big Mom hates giants. This is interesting. I wonder if she herself is a short giant and doesn't want to mess with Elbaf? I dunno. I'm just musing.

Whoa, what a chapter. Big Mom despises Lola for running out on an important marriage. One that would have made Linlin Pirate King.
Who the hell would have had that much pull to make something like that happen?

Caesar is working on a growth serum, so it could be anyone. This is an Alice in Wonderland themed arc, someone will grow.

Or shrink.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Whoa, what a chapter. Big Mom despises Lola for running out on an important marriage. One that would have made Linlin Pirate King.
Who the hell would have had that much pull to make something like that happen?

I'm guessing a Celestial Dragon. Outside of that who would have that sort of pull?

Big Mom's reaction faces are the best. Luffy continues to give no fucks.

The giant thing is interesting. Perhaps Big Mom is descended from giants?

I don't think so. Some humans in OP are just fucking huge like Moria(? he might be a snakeneck or whatever) Kuma, Magellan and Big Mom. I think Giants usually stand taller then that by a good measure.

Who wants to bet:

-Wano is solved by Zoro and crew concurrently for the "next" arc

-Elbaf is after

I wouldn't be able to contain myself when they get to Elbaf. Something that's been hyped since the beginning of the series itself. I've been reading this since I was 18 and finally getting to Elbaf would make me lose my goddamn mind.

It's very curious that both Lola and Pudding thinks Big Mom is nice. That's some intrigue that Oda is laying down here. It can be a twist like she has split personality or somebody stole half of her soul or she has it in a jar or something.

Stockholm syndrome?

El Sabroso

Re; Big Mom hates giants. This is interesting. I wonder if she herself is a short giant and doesn't want to mess with Elbaf? I dunno. I'm just musing.

my bet is that she was rejected by giants of elbaf, that might be the reason she was investing on Caesar's research into making other humans giant, and the reason that she has a land with all other races currently

RalchAC

Do the Yonkous have any way to read Phonegliphs? Robin is supposed to be the only person alive that can read them.

Chapter is out.

That box is gonna go boom.

I wonder who Lola was supposed to marry.

Yeah, hopefully is a character we've already meet, instead of a new one.

Hype.

I don't even remember that. Do we know what type of bomb?

Didn't the box contain that weird drug Hody Jones used to become stronger? I remember Neptune (or maybe someone else?) being scared about the consequences, since they knew Big Mom would think Luffy gave her that bomb on purpose.

Zoro isn't beating Kaidou with Luffy not even present. And Wano is Kaidou's base right now

Wonder what will happen once they reach Wano. Samurai are going to go crazy once they see Ryuma's blade.

my bet is that she was rejected by giants of elbaf, that might be the reason she was investing on Caesar's research into making other humans giant, and the reason that she has a land with all other races currently

That's a good guess, yeah! Or maybe giants don't want to become allies of her crew because they got offended when Lola fiancee was a Giant Prince. Weren't giants quite honorable people?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
In a case of surprisingly good timing, this week's episode on Toonami is the debut of Lola.

Funny how she became important in the manga again at the same time.

Do the Yonkous have any way to read Phonegliphs? Robin is supposed to be the only person alive that can read them.

Y'know, I've been rewatching Sabaody off and on, and I'm honestly surprised Kizaru didn't target Robin right then and there. No wonder he was never considered for the Fleet Admiral position. Dudes an idiot.

Red Fire

Y'know, I've been rewatching Sabaody off and on, and I'm honestly surprised Kizaru didn't target Robin right then and there. No wonder he was never considered for the Fleet Admiral position. Dudes an idiot.

Dude just doesn't give a fuck.
Position as admiral should be enough to pay all the weed he needs

Chapter was super interesting. So much going on at the same time: brook and pedro, brop- i mean Chopper and carrot, nami and luffy, sanji and pudding and the wedding, Jinbei, pekoms, Capone, ceasar, ....

Also love these teases like big mom having a problem with giants and those info pages like with the poneglyphs last chapter. This arc is hype

Also cool to see all these different people and their abilities. So interesting

Kreed

One Piece 847:

LOL @ the Tamatebako, I forgot about that thing. I can imagine Big Mom's face now when the bombs go off. That should provide a great distraction for the Straw Hats depending on how bad the explosion is. I'm guessing all the Straw Hats have to do is knock out Charlotte to undo his book powers too, causing a mass escape of animals and prisoners. Still wondering just how to solve Sanji's situation though.

As for the Lola wedding speculation, I'm going to guess Lola was supposed to marry someone that would increase Big Mom's military power and access, like a World Nobel. I don't think the issue Big Mom has with Giants is related to Lola considering we are talking about an entire race of people where individuals wouldn't need to be swayed by a wedding/can join a crew of their own accord (ex: Pekoms).

TheFlow

Banned
One Piece 847:

LOL @ the Tamatebako, I forgot about that thing. I can imagine Big Mom's face now when the bombs go off. That should provide a great distraction for the Straw Hats depending on how bad the explosion is. I'm guessing all the Straw Hats have to do is knock out Charlotte to undo his book powers too, causing a mass escape of animals and prisoners. Still wondering just how to solve Sanji's situation though.

As for the Lola wedding speculation, I'm going to guess Lola was supposed to marry someone that would increase Big Mom's military power and access, like a World Nobel. I don't think the issue Big Mom has with Giants is related to Lola considering we are talking about an entire race of people where individuals wouldn't need to be swayed by a wedding/can join a crew of their own accord (ex: Pekoms).

I think everything escaping from that book plus the bomb will actually be enough to escape the castle.

but how will they solve the Zeff problem

Seesaw15

I'll find it cool if Zeff solves Zeff's problem, I mean he isn't exactly weak.

Zeff's not weak but him and the Baratie Cooks did get overwhelmed by Krieg. Plus I got the impression that the Vinsmokes were just going to assassinate Zeff without giving him a chance to fight back.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think everything escaping from that book plus the bomb will actually be enough to escape the castle.

but how will they solve the Zeff problem

Do we actually know he's really got an issue to deal with? Could just be a bluff.

Zeff's not weak but him and the Baratie Cooks did get overwhelmed by Krieg. Plus I got the impression that the Vinsmokes were just going to assassinate Zeff without giving him a chance to fight back.

I thought it was Big Mom who had the assassin. If it's the Vinsmokes then that's a much easier fix. They seem to be far weaker and more easily dealt with.

Anteater

Maybe the bomb will ruin all of Big Mom's food, she'll go berserk and end up fighting everyone at the scene including the vinsmokes

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
  • I wonder if the wedding Big Mom had planned for Lola is related to the wedding that Shank's crew recently participated in
  • It's weird that Big Mom managed to get a hold of an escaped monster from Impel Down but even weirder that she got a centaur from Punk Hazard. How'd that happen? And could the centaur be a familar character? (I guess Brownbeard? Or Monet lol). Because Punk Hazard wasn't known about until the arc finished, Smoker arrested the remaining centaurs and the "centaurs" were just Law's creations.

RalchAC

• I wonder if the wedding Big Mom had planned for Lola is related to the wedding that Shank's crew recently participated in
  • It's weird that Big Mom managed to get a hold of an escaped monster from Impel Down but even weirder that she got a centaur from Punk Hazard. How'd that happen? And could the centaur be a familar character? (I guess Brownbeard? Or Monet lol). Because Punk Hazard wasn't known about until the arc finished, Smoker arrested the remaining centaurs and the "centaurs" were just Law's creations.

Well, she said that if the marriage had been a success she would have defeated the other Yonkos (Kaido, WB, Shanks) and become Pirate King (Queen?).

So I don't think any member of a Yonko's crew is on the table. Maybe Lola's wedding and the fact that giants aren't there have a relationship, maybe not. We can only guess.

The Germa 66 doesn't seem that strong. Sanji seems stronger by a long margin than most of them and without hostages he could have given a fair fight to his father.

Wonder what will happen in the next few chapters. I doubt they're taking down a Yonko so soon, the arc is quite short too. Either they retreat, or something else happens. Big Mom deserves more than a 20 chapters arc imo.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Well, she said that if the marriage had been a success she would have defeated the other Yonkos (Kaido, WB, Shanks) and become Pirate King (Queen?).

So I don't think any member of a Yonko's crew is on the table. Maybe Lola's wedding and the fact that giants aren't there have a relationship, maybe not. We can only guess.

The Germa 66 doesn't seem that strong. Sanji seems stronger by a long margin than most of them and without hostages he could have given a fair fight to his father.

Wonder what will happen in the next few chapters. I doubt they're taking down a Yonko so soon, the arc is quite short too. Either they retreat, or something else happens. Big Mom deserves more than a 20 chapters arc imo.

We still haven't seen what Jinbei is up to right now so I'm not sure it'll be ending yet. I think once he shows up again we'll be in the endgame of the arc.

It just doesn't feel like Big Mom is the first Yonko to take down. It seems like Kaidou should take the straight up L here. I'm thinking some fighting, then Big Mom gets turned against Germa (maybe they plot something behind her back and she finds out), and then Big Mom ends up extending some coverage to the East Blue to solve any Zeff threat.

I'm holding that Luffy becomes a Yonko by bumping off Kaidou.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom