• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinx

Rest in Peace Cole Brown

Chapter 848

Chapter title is Good-Bye.

Cover page: Straw Hats in red outfits.
Color Spread: Straw Hats wearing red jackets in snowy woods
Spine: The scene in which Luffy appears for the first time (Chapter 1 probably)

Big Mom is not angry despite Luffy's words.
She says she will forgive anything since she will obtain Germa power and the treasure box (Tamate Box) tomorrow.
Her subordinate reports that an intruder has appeared.

*Sanji's room

Sanji is attracted by Pudding. On the other hand, he is worried about Baratie.

*Pudding's room

Big Mom rejected the dress Pudding wanted to wear. Pudding was told to wear the dress Big Mom prepared.
Pudding is standing on a balcony in rain. She recalls Lola, who ran away from home saying she will decide her own marriage.

*Whole Cake Castle

Pedro goes on a rampage with his sword and bomb. Smoothy gets in touch with Tamago, who is chasing Pedro. Brook goes into the Treasure room and locks from inside.

Tamago tells Smoothy via Den Den Mushi not to kill Brook since Big Mom would want a rare creature like him.

*Treasure Room

Chess soldiers attack Brook, but he neutralizes them via his guitar and song.

Brook "You don't know my epithet, right? Baby! I'm Soul King! Fake souls like you can't stand against my soul cry!"

*Prisoner Library Room

Pudding comes to meet Luffy. She comes into the prison thanks to the bookmark. She apologizes Luffy for what has occurred so far.
She tells him that Sanji made a marriage proposal for her but she has no intention to accept it. She also whispers something to Luffy and Nami.

Luffy and Nami are shocked to hear it.

Pudding "Good-Bye."

Tears are falling from her face.

I swear, I can predict when this is happening.

Me: "Man, there's a lot of activity in the One Piece manga thread. Are spoilers out already? Or maybe it's another discussion about sexism again?"

*reads thread*

Me: "Called it."

EDIT: Just to clarify, I don't have an issue with this discussion but, as it's already been mentioned, it's the same people contributing to it. If there were more newer members adding to the topic, it wouldn't be so circular.

I'm not really a regular fixture here and contribute to these discussions, but honestly, it's a bit frustrating to hear some really terrible arguments that I get from my super conservative family about sexism. When I read "Can't we just not think about this stuff?" for the umpteenth time, I get bummed that people just want to drown shit out.

If a person wants to talk about random shit, then post it. Otherwise don't open the thread.

Ray Down

Banned
Regarding Pudding
due to recent Spoilers
:

tumblr_nmsf43ikYV1tq4of6o1_500.gif

Pudding is a good girl, she's to good for curly brow

dan2026

Brook vs Smoothie

No matter how much I wring you out, nothing happens!

That's because I'm already
bone
dry yohohohoho!

Well, it really seems Pudding is good after all. That was always the likely scenario, although I still think that there is something weird about her plot, like Big Mom not knowing that she was the one helping the Strawhats.

But I'm disappointed that she apparently didn't tell Luffy and Nami about Sanji's sacrifice.

RalchAC

It's kind of surprising that Zoro isn't like 1,55 cm tall after doing some much body building during his youth lol.

Hope we see some decent 1v1 fights for characters that aren't Luffy, Franky and Law soon. I don't think we've really seen neither Zoro and Sanji facing a really tough battle in quite a long time. I get Oda didn't want to show them having problems fighting against the underling of an underling of a Yonko, but it's been a bit of a drag. I want to see Zoro push himself to his limit like he did on all those pre-time skip scenes shown in the Death Battle video.

Veelk

Banned
You know, I think I'd enjoy One Piece more if more fights ended like that death battle.

I mean, I know it's a kids series and also that gore for the sake of gore isn't inherently good or anything. In fact, I'm not exactly asking for gore, per se. I wouldn't care if he blacked out from the stuff, so long as I get the idea that it happened.

But I just can't help but feel there is something lost in how attacks that massive property damage just do small cuts and bruises on actual opponents. Like, Zoro can cut an entire ship in half, but even against someone as weak and inconsequential as that octopus guy in Fishman, all we get is a medium sized bloodspray and a shot of him being knocked back. Or how Luffy's blows crush anything, but only leave their opponents knocked out instead of squished like bugs.

It's just a matter of consistency, really. Or, rather, just verisimilitude, because it is technically consistent, since the human body is the most durable and reparable substance in the OP world, evidently, and it's been that way since the beginning. But it's like that one final fantasy 7 attack that apparently destroys the solar system, but then when it's over your party is still standing and ready to fight if it didn't kill them. Even though it's been like that for like 800 chapters, it still sticks out to me.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
You know, I think I'd enjoy One Piece more if more fights ended like that death battle.

I mean, I know it's a kids series and also that gore for the sake of gore isn't inherently good or anything. In fact, I'm not exactly asking for gore, per se. I wouldn't care if he blacked out from the stuff, so long as I get the idea that it happened.

But I just can't help but feel there is something lost in how attacks that massive property damage just do small cuts and bruises on actual opponents. Like, Zoro can cut an entire ship in half, but even against someone as weak and inconsequential as that octopus guy in Fishman, all we get is a medium sized bloodspray and a shot of him being knocked back. Or how Luffy's blows crush anything, but only leave their opponents knocked out instead of squished like bugs.

It's just a matter of consistency, really. Or, rather, just verisimilitude, because it is technically consistent, since the human body is the most durable and reparable substance in the OP world, evidently, and it's been that way since the beginning. But it's like that one final fantasy 7 attack that apparently destroys the solar system, but then when it's over your party is still standing and ready to fight if it didn't kill them. Even though it's been like that for like 800 chapters, it still sticks out to me.
Zoro couldn't always casually cut ships in half. Actually back then when he fought that guy I'm pretty sure he couldn't since those were the sorta of tests left to likes id Mihawk at the time.

Veelk

Banned
Zoro couldn't always casually cut ships in half. Actually back then when he fought that guy I'm pretty sure he couldn't since those were the sorta of tests left to likes id Mihawk at the time.

I'm talking about the Hody Pirates swordsman, not the arlong pirates one.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Chapters out.

Seems like the year of Sanji seems to be quite representative of the character in general. An unfortunate individual that is always the butt of jokes, always.

Kreed

One Piece 848:

And just like that the tables have turned. With Chopper, Luffy's bomb present, Brooke's ability actually working against Big Mom's ability and Pudding not wanting to marry Sanji (I'm assuming she told Luffy she's going to kill herself, but I doubt that's happening, the important thing is she isn't going through with it), not only will this help Luffy and co escape and actually stand a chance against Big Mom (assuming Brooke and Luffy work together) but this could get Sanji off the hook (no wedding = no reason to hold Sanji hostage/Sanji is "useless" again). But I doubt it will be that easy for Sanji to get out of this, so at a minimum this will at least force him to fight back/come up with another plan.

It doesn't seem that Pudding told them about Zeff or the handcuffs, but that she would escape the wedding (Big Mom would kill her if she finds her) or sacrifice herself.

Would Big Mom really let Sanji go if the blame was all on her daughter? That sounds pretty optimistic. I wonder if Big Mom doesn't have another daughter available too, her family is huge, but I guess Oda won't bother with that logic as Lola didn't have a replacement.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Pudding is going to run, just like Lola. Screwing up the deal with the Germa 66 and pissing off Big Mom hard. Hopefully we see what the third eye does soon.

Pedro and Brook were awesome this week. Especially Brook. That one panel with his soul looking all giant was glorious.

Kreed

Would Big Mom really let Sanji go if the blame was all on her daughter? That sounds pretty optimistic. I wonder if Big Mom doesn't have another daughter available too, her family is huge, but I guess Oda won't bother with that logic as Lola didn't have a replacement.

I'm assuming the Lola situation involved a groom/group that actually wanted to marry Lola, vs this situation with Pudding and Sanji's family so it's still possible she could be replaced if there's another daughter around/how badly Sanji's family wants the deal. The whole "wedding to form an alliance" thing just seems to be about pride/ego on Big Mom's part anyway.

I'm assuming the Lola situation involved a groom/group that actually wanted to marry Lola, vs this situation with Pudding and Sanji's family so it's still possible she could be replaced if there's another daughter around/how badly Sanji's family wants the deal. The whole "wedding to form an alliance" thing just seems to be about pride/ego on Big Mom's part anyway.
Yeah, but I doubt Oda would make this replacement after going all solemn with Pudding's goodbye. I guess he will treat her as the only option.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm pretty sure it was someone in here who speculated months ago that maybe Brook would be able to do something against Big Mom's devil fruit.

Bravo to whoever said it.

Kuntz

No tears flowing from her third eye. I call bullshit.
I want to believe you Pudding and you'll marry sanji in the end and join because your third eye is amazing for fighting and you'll beat up sanji whenever he's being aroused by other women.

Blackhead

Redarse
No tears flowing from her third eye. I call bullshit.
I want to believe you Pudding and you'll marry sanji in the end and join because your third eye is amazing for fighting and you'll beat up sanji whenever he's being aroused by other women.

I am hoping Pudding is going to do a runner like Lola. Suicide attempt would be unfortunate narratively...I would rather not have more helpless princesses Oda!

I'm not sure if Pudding running away or anything like that would help the others. Once Big Mom sees that she can't ally with Germa and that her treasure is being stolen, she's going to flip. Luffy and Nami are still trapped.

I'm not sure if Pudding running away or anything like that would help the others. Once Big Mom sees that she can't ally with Germa and that her treasure is being stolen, she's going to flip. Luffy and Nami are still trapped.
Yeah. Big Mom would have to be really reasonable to let Sanji, Luffy and Nami escape. But she is crazy. Oda is hyping the tea party as Big Mom's favorite thing ever, but we know it will be ruined, so she will go full rage mode.

KHlover

Banned
Did Sanji tell her that Germa keeps Zeff hostage? If he did I'm pretty sure that's what Pudding told Nami and Luffy

Did Sanji tell her that Germa keeps Zeff hostage? If he did I'm pretty sure that's what Pudding told Nami and Luffy
Yeah, he told her.

But I don't think she told that to Luffy. The tears and the goodbye looks like she told them what she is about to do.

Kreed

Luffy's reaction alone should tell you Pudding said something more serious than just "running away". While it may not be her saying she's committing suicide, it's got to be something that would scare Luffy/get him upset.

Yeah. Big Mom would have to be really reasonable to let Sanji, Luffy and Nami escape. But she is crazy. Oda is hyping the tea party as Big Mom's favorite thing ever, but we know it will be ruined, so she will go full rage mode.

There's no question Big Mom is going to want to destroy Luffy just from the bomb gift alone, so Luffy and the others are still going to have to force their ways out of their situations either from running from Big Mom or fighting against her (I still think this is a long shot, but Brooke at least makes it a "shot"). But in regards to Sanji's situation, if there's no wedding and the motive for Big Mom/Sanji's family changes from "force Sanji to do what we want" to "We are going to kill Sanji/keep him prisoner", that will at least force Sanji to fight back.

She will throw herself from the balcony in the wedding dress, full ceremony, but sanji will save her.

She then joins the StrawHats.

dan2026

So brook is the counter to big mom. Fucking huge.

Also, is Pudding killing herself?
Pudding killing herself makes no logical sense, nor would it fix any of the problems.

A) Big Mom would just get one of her other billion kids to marry Sanji. Sanji is the important factor to the marriage not Pudding.

B) Big Mom would be so enraged she would probably kill all the straw hats anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom