• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

Pudding killing herself makes no logical sense, nor would it fix any of the problems.

A) Big Mom would just get one of her other billion kids to marry Sanji. Sanji is the important factor to the marriage not Pudding.

B) Big Mom would be so enraged she would probably kill all the straw hats anyway.

Assuming Pudding actually did kill herself, based on what Big Mom told us about Lola's wedding and the fact that Lola wasn't replaced, replacing Pudding may not be an option.

Majukun

Luffy's reaction alone should tell you Pudding said something more serious than just "running away". While it may not be her saying she's committing suicide, it's got to be something that would scare Luffy/get him upset.

There's no question Big Mom is going to want to destroy Luffy just from the bomb gift alone, so Luffy and the others are still going to have to force their ways out of their situations either from running from Big Mom or fighting against her (I still think this is a long shot, but Brooke at least makes it a "shot"). But in regards to Sanji's situation, if there's no wedding and the motive for Big Mom/Sanji's family changes from "force Sanji to do what we want" to "We are going to kill Sanji/keep him prisoner", that will at least force Sanji to fight back.

you forget that luffy and nami just saw the hatred that big mom's has for lola after she run away, so while pudding might be confident that them "being family" is gonna protect her, just like lola said, they know it's pretty much suicide

so that might be the reason for their reaction.

Kreed

you forget that luffy and nami just saw the hatred that big mom's has for lola after she run away, so while pudding might be confident that them "being family" is gonna protect her, just like lola said, they know it's pretty much suicide

so that might be the reason for their reaction.

Luffy doesn't seem to be taking Big Mom that seriously/he already plans to kick her ass despite being in a completely helpless situation right now. Big Mom being a threat to Pudding would scare Nami, but not Luffy. If anything, Luffy probably would have offered to help her escape. Then there's Lola successfully escaping. There's no reason for Nami to believe Pudding couldn't get away considering all the other sneaky things she's done to help them under Big Mom's nose, let alone Luffy.

Majukun

Luffy doesn't seem to be taking Big Mom that seriously/he already plans to kick her ass despite being in a completely helpless situation right now. Big Mom being a threat to Pudding would scare Nami, but not Luffy. If anything, Luffy probably would have offered to help her escape. Then there's Lola successfully escaping. There's no reason for Nami to believe Pudding couldn't get away considering all the other sneaky things she's done to help them under Big Mom's nose, let alone Luffy.

how the hell can he help her escape while a prisoner inside the book? ò_ò

RK9039

She clearly whispered
Hail Hydra

Would they really look that shocked because she's doing a runner? Seems more serious to me.

Why the hell he said he would kick Big Mom's ass and bring Sanji back while a prisoner inside the book?

I'm inclined to agree with you in this dicussion, but Luffy is gonna Luffy, so he has a point there. lol

Majukun

She clearly whispered
Hail Hydra

Would they really look that shocked because she's doing a runner? Seems more serious to me.

consider that big mom would kill her if she tries something like that, yes it's serious

she is probably still convinced,just like lola,that them being "family" would save her life if everything goes sour..but we know from last chapter that this isn't the case at all

Kreed

What Ganzlinger said. Luffy is rash/crazy/etc... (ex: Luffy blurting out Pudding not being at the coast for everyone to hear and Nami telling him to be quiet). Even Luffy and Nami being captured right now could have been avoided if he had just ran. Just like Luffy "knew" Sanji was coming back, he "knows" he's getting out of that book and rescuing Sanji and he "knows" he can kick Big Mom's ass. There's no logic involved, he just believes in himself and his crew. So if Pudding did tell him she wanted to run away, he would definitely offer to help her escape despite not actually being able to escape himself (ex: "Pudding, help me get out of here and I promise I'll help you and kick Big Mom's ass."). Knowing Luffy he'd probably ask her to be in the crew if she did say she was running away.

Lunar15

We're having this ceremony no matter what because we have to have the Tatembako blow up.

Unless Oda is hyper aware about how obvious is and subverts it.

She definitely said she'll kill herself. But yes, I think Sanji saves her, and then the bomb goes off later. Maybe they can frame Germa for the bomb?

smurfx

get some go again
i think bakkin is part of big mom's crew and she will come to the wedding ceremony and bring weevil along with her. big mom will release luffy out of the book so weevil can fight him. pudding might have said she plans to die but not that she will commit suicide. perhaps she is planning on faking her death so she can escape from big mom's crew.

Pudding killing her self or running away is no help to luffy .
So she just going to make things worst not matter what she does.
Brook being awesome was great and him having a advantage vs Big Mom DF sould make things interesting.

daveo42

Banned
She's probably going to run for it same as Lola. It kind of fucks stuff up for Big Mom, but technically isn't a problem for the SHs unless she goes back on her promise to let them go due to the marriage failing. I could see that because even though Luffy can't do anything atm and Sanji seems to be buying in to keep the crew safe, Pudding bounces and Big Mom locks everyone up or just flat kills them.

Brook tho...Brook is a beast. Love that Soul King panel. Really hope we do get a Big Mom v Brook fight. Soul v Soul.

It's still strange we haven't seen the third eye or a named panel.

Or she is just fucking with everyone on the SH crew. Completely possible still.

Ray Down

Banned
It's still strange we haven't seen the third eye or a named panel.

She's the 3rd eyed girl, she's seating in the same chair we first saw her in, with one of the flashback panels.

Plus BM seemingly controlling her whole life and calling her a doll, makes me think she the reason she hiding it atm.

Or she is just fucking with everyone on the SH crew. Completely possible still.

You can't be serious.

smurfx

get some go again
about pudding's third eye. isn't it possible she has the clairvoyance fruit and that third eye pops out when she wants to know something? perhaps she is the reason why big mom is able to learn all these things about people or their locations. maybe she feels guilty about sanji because she told big mom about zeff and his other connections.

edit: oh wait viola had this fruit.

People were right. Brook is going to be OP in this arc.

I guess Pudding is good after all :l She most likely is planning on taking her life to stop the wedding.

I think Pudding will try suicide, Sanji is going to search for her in order to give her the flowers he was picking, and then saves her.

Unless Pudding is playing some long, calculated, multi-layered mind game here, she's being 100% sincere and is willing to put her life and safety at risk for Sanji's happiness.
I don't think she's going to die, but there will be Hell from Big Mom once Pudding runs away. The marriage right now seems very similar to Lola's arranged marriage, which means they can't just replace Pudding.

Brook has confirmed one of the biggest theories this week as well. He can manipulate or at least incapacitate all of the homies. That would be a big blow to Big Mom's forces and would only leave her family and crew left.

Why the third eye, though? That's the greatest mistery at this point, in one piece.

Maybe she's playing 4D Chess, like another shonen protagonist from the same magazine.

Either the third eye is going to spark a big personality change in Pudding or it's something she's ashamed to show off in public (i.e. around anyone but Big Mom).

Linlin's comment about Pudding being a doll is very interesting.

Cerium

Theory: We've only seen two of the three existing Sweet Commanders revealed so far, Cracker and Smoothie.

Why hasn't Pudding had a title card yet?

Because she's the third Sweet Commander and is actually super strong.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Either the third eye is going to spark a big personality change in Pudding or it's something she's ashamed to show off in public (i.e. around anyone but Big Mom).

There's the likely possibility that all the kids are basically golems. But that panel with Pudding as a little girl says otherwise.

Theory: We've only seen two of the three existing Sweet Commanders revealed so far, Cracker and Smoothie.

They already said the third commander is named Katakuri.
Somehow a lot of people missed this.

Big One

Banned
It's really hard to gauge right now. On one hand Pudding has already been caught in a couple of lies, and her third eye is suspiciously dry in all of these "teary eyed" moments, and she hasn't gotten an Oda-box yet. On another, if Pudding is going to do something to sabotage the wedding such as suicide or leaving ala Lola, that doesn't really leave much room for her being a bad guy. We'll have to see I guess.

I don't think she should be ashamed, Totland has all the races and there are bunch of weirdos in her family.

I think the third eye must have some power and Oda is hiding it because it could/should affect the plot.

They already said the third commander is named Katakuri.
Somehow a lot of people missed this.

That's why Pudding's name box wasn't revealed yet. It will be Charlotte "Katakuri" Pudding. lol

Katakuri means potato starch, and it is also used to make puddings, so it could be something related.

NSESN

If Pudding is Lying there's no reason to tell Luffy, they are already inside the book, so, theoretically, Luffy can do nothing to help/stop her

Or maybe Pudding has a split personality named Katakuri that only comes out when her third eye is open.
Or possibly Pudding was Commander Snack, but had to withdraw her other personality after losing to Urouge.
Seems like a stretch, but that I thought I'd throw it out there.

There's the likely possibility that all the kids are basically golems. But that panel with Pudding as a little girl says otherwise.
That would overlap with the Germa clone situation. Not sure how I would feel if all her children were golems with souls put into them.

Ray Down

Banned
I believe in Pudding.

Same here!

She's sweet, Sanji so lucky
wub.png

Veelk

Banned
I would be disappointed if Pudding is any kind of powerful or useful figure in her organization.

The Germa 66 aren't asking for any kind of power seat as the bride and their offering their least wanted and (or so they believe) weakest member of their group. This is a marriage where she throws one of her weakest and most useless daughters because it's not like they're even demanding a powerful member, just a member of her organization.

I brought up why a marriage is even necessary when a regular alliance seems like it'd work just as well, but if Big Mom is risking having her sweet commander or information source go to an all but openly hostile kingdom like the Germa 66, then...that's just dumb.

NSESN

I would be disappointed if Pudding is any kind of powerful or useful figure in her organization.

The Germa 66 aren't asking for any kind of power seat as the bride and their offering their least wanted and (or so they believe) weakest member of their group. This is a marriage where she throws one of her weakest and most useless daughters because it's not like they're even demanding a powerful member, just a member of her organization.

I brought up why a marriage is even necessary when a regular alliance seems like it'd work just as well, but if Big Mom is risking having her sweet commander or information source go to an all but openly hostile kingdom like the Germa 66, then...that's just dumb.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense to Pudding being a powerhouse, every daughter that is married look weak so far.

Kreed

She's the 3rd eyed girl, she's seating in the same chair we first saw her in, with one of the flashback panels.

Good catch with the chair.

I'm thinking the third eye is something Pudding may have chosen or have been told to hide from Sanji's family and Sanji to appear more "normal" until after the wedding.

Ray Down

Banned
Good catch with the chair.

I'm thinking the third eye is something Pudding may have chosen or have been told to hide from Sanji's family and Sanji to appear more "normal" until after the wedding.

True, we will have to see.

Also the 3rd eye isn't due to some fruit guys. I would have to find the source again but there was information release in some guide in 2015 that show Bepo, Pekoms and Pudding under unidentified species (guessing in terms of the audience awareness). So she isn't some weird doll of Big Mom's either.

bjork

Watch Brook uses his soul power to remove her soul and make her look dead somehow, then she escapes with the SH crew at the end of the arc

I like that Pudding can seemingly order Opera to open the book. Didn't think she was high on the Charlotte family hierarchy. And seeing the flashback of Big Mom calling Pudding a doll really cemented how horrible Big Mom really is. Treating her own children like toys and loaning them out to the other big kids in the playground, throwing a tantrum when things don't go her way. Big Mom is a piece of shit through and through.

a fucking cliffhanger again lol, at least no break next week

i absolutely love that brook is actually doing useful things in this arc

But if she is hiding it from Sanji because of something that trivial, she isn't being honest with him, despite Sanji telling her about everything that is happening with him. Kind of a tricky thing. Which is weird, because I don't think Sanji would bother that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom