• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daingurse

Great chapter. Looks like Brook is really going to be putting in work this arc. And man, I guess Pudding was genuine the whole time. Now I feel bad for doubting her,

Verelios

No, no, no, no, don't trust Pudding at all. I'm sure she's part of some sick fuckery, whether it's colluding with Bege or being two face, girl gives me bad vibes.

Brook still has his hard counter to Smoothie.
C7_F8_AEBD_69_CC_46_C0_9_B9_B_3355_C3_B82499_4230_00000_B.png

Hope it works that way vs her .
He can be so OP this arc with how Big Mom DF works .

Veelk

Banned
Since Trump won, this has been the one time I'd happy to let Oda resolve things his way of just punching the douchy badguy into the sky, especially given his nazi aesthetic.

But the most we've seen of judge is him commenting on Big Mom's species collection.

I'm just saying, Oda, that window of satisfaction is closing. Things may not be resolved yet, but even characters going "Hey, Judge sucks, amirite" would be slightly cathartic right now.

Lunar15

Since Trump won, this has been the one time I'd happy to let Oda resolve things his way of just punching the douchy badguy into the sky, especially given his nazi aesthetic.

But the most we've seen of judge is him commenting on Big Mom's species collection.

I'm just saying, Oda, that window of satisfaction is closing. Things may not be resolved yet, but even characters going "Hey, Judge sucks, amirite" would be slightly cathartic right now.

I'm not too worried about Judge getting punched.

Veelk

Banned
Watch, this will be the time Oda subverts the expectation.

Pfft. You know what, you're probably right. Or, more realistically, it will be Sanji who delivers the blow. Feh.

People often question what One Piece can do to make me happy, but I don't think One Piece even wants me happy.

Spinx

I can't wait for Blackbeard to re-enter the story.

That moment when he uses black vortex on Luffy and hits him with a quake bubble to the face. SO GOOD.

Kreed

But if she is hiding it from Sanji because of something that trivial, she isn't being honest with him, despite Sanji telling her about everything that is happening with him. Kind of a tricky thing. Which is weird, because I don't think Sanji would bother that much.

I don't think Sanji would care about something like that either (Pudding will probably reveal the eye to him and Sanji not caring will make her like him more), but who knows when it comes to Sanji's family. Sanji's family doesn't give a damn about Sanji outside of getting the Big Mom alliance, so I don't know why they would care if Sanji marries a three eyed woman or the Cookie Monster, but Sanji's family are ridiculously petty and cruel, so I could see them making fun of her or thinking she's disgusting for having a third eye (if Big Mom told her to hide the eye, this would be important also).

Luffy still has marks on him from the fight. He's still in post-fight mode so he still hasn't healed yet. There's still a chance the tooth will come back.

I don't think missing a tooth makes Luffy ugly...It's pretty charming, especially since it's from a crew mate who was in trouble. Sanji would cook him the best meals all the time now lol.

Either way, however they get out of this, it doesn't look like they'll be able to have a full party, but a little celebration with half the crew should suffice.

Zoro is going to kill someone after all when we get back to him.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I feel like Zoro is probably going to hit Sanji super hard when he comes back.

One for disrespecting the captain and two just because.

I don't think Sanji would care about something like that either (Pudding will probably reveal the eye to him and Sanji not caring will make her like him more), but who knows when it comes to Sanji's family. Sanji's family doesn't give a damn about Sanji outside of getting the Big Mom alliance, so I don't know why they would care if Sanji marries a three eyed woman or the Cookie Monster, but Sanji's family are ridiculously petty and cruel, so I could see them making fun of her or thinking she's disgusting for having a third eye (if Big Mom told her to hide the eye, this would be important also).
But she met with Sanji alone and didn't show it. And from the flashback, Oda didn't show her face when she was a kid, but she used one ponytail like she appeared for the first time in Fishman Island, so I'm sure the hairstyle didn't cover it and Lola saw it. It's something that she never hid from her family.

But pirates should be ugly!

Sanji is doing great in this department.

I'm sorry, Sanji is canonically attractive, he charmed three girls already and an entire island of okamas. :/

Kreed

But she met with Sanji alone and didn't show it. And from the flashback, Oda didn't show her face when she was a kid, but she used one ponytail like she appeared for the first time in Fishman Island, so I'm sure the hairstyle didn't cover it and Lola saw it. It's something that she never hid from her family.

To clarify, in regards to Pudding showing Sanji the third eye I'm thinking further along in the story line once Sanji knows the wedding isn't happening and Pudding decides to finally show it or if the eye gets revealed to Sanji on accident. As far my thinking on Big Mom possibly telling Pudding not to show it, this scenario would be Big Mom thinking that there would be a problem if Pudding showed her third eye to Sanji and Sanji's family and Big Mom telling Pudding to hide her eye to prevent any problems with the wedding instead of Pudding herself hiding the eye because of her own insecurities in regards to Sanji/Sanji's family.

As far my thinking on Big Mom possibly telling Pudding not to show it, this scenario would be Big Mom thinking that there would be a problem if Pudding showed her third eye to Sanji and Sanji's family and Big Mom telling Pudding to hide her eye to prevent any problems with the wedding instead of Pudding herself hiding the eye because of her own insecurities in regards to Sanji/Sanji's family.
But if she is rebelling against her mother from the beginning she should have disobeyed this small order, especially because hiding your true nature/race from someone you "love" is really weird.

I think Oda is hiding it for plot reasons (or convenience) right now, because the things Pudding already did for the Strawhats wouldn't allow her to keep such secret if it wasn't really important. She always came up clean with them, except for this.

I guess it has a power that would change the situation for real and making the Strawhats knowing it or suspecting it, would make things work differently.

Blackhead

Redarse
But if she is rebelling against her mother from the beginning she should have disobeyed this small order, especially because hiding your true nature/race from someone you "love" is really weird.

I think Oda is hiding it for plot reasons (or convenience) right now, because the things Pudding already did for the Strawhats wouldn't allow her to keep such secret if it wasn't really important. She always came up clean with them, except for this.

I guess it has a power that would change the situation for real and making the Strawhats knowing it or suspecting it, would make things work differently.
especially as Sanji already showed her his true beat up
ugly
face

Brook is the motherfucking SOUL KING.

Odachieves what Kubotched.

Goda

NSESN

I read everything that is japanese like I would do in my mother tongue (Portuguese), most of the time it is right

Big One

Banned
I'm somewhat thinking that Pudding is going to attempt to kill herself but Luffy will manage to save her in the midst of it. This'll be the caveat for Big Mom embracing the Strawhats. The stuff in between that and now however is going to be a mess with the Box + whatever Capone is planning.

In Taipei and there is a strawhats shop across two floors. Its pretty mad. Even got a tasteful dark blue jumper I'm tempted to buy.

RalchAC

I feel like Zoro is probably going to hit Sanji super hard when he comes back.

One for disrespecting the captain and two just because.

Zoro told Luffy to not ask Usopp to come back after what happened at Water 7. Eventhough Sanji's situation is more like Robin's, I expect him to scold Sanji because, no matter the reason, beating your captain to a pulp is not something that should be allowed.

Nami seemed quite angry too. And those two are the crew members Luffy listens the most.

Everything will end with a happy note, as it always does, but Nami is totally going to beat the crap out of Sanji before saying welcome back.

I don't think anyone will hit Sanji, he did that to save them. Once they understand what he was enduring they will forgive him. It's like Luffy said, the one who was feeling the pain was Sanji. Making him "pay" for that, doesn't make sense, unless it is for giggles.

Besides, Nami already hit Sanji. If anything, she will ask him to forgive her once she discovers he was tortured.

Red Fire

I don't think anyone will hit Sanji, he did that to save them. Once they understand what he was enduring they will forgive him. It's like Luffy said, the one who was feeling the pain was Sanji. Making him "pay" for that, doesn't make sense, unless it is for giggles.

Besides, Nami already hit Sanji. If anything, she will ask him to forgive her once she discovers he was tortured.

Completely agree.
I can see Zoro making fun of him in a sentence or two but that's it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom