• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Still waiting on that Brook/Vinsmoke flashback

It's gonna happen

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Still waiting on that Brook/Vinsmoke flashback

It's gonna happen
I wouldn't want a story so

BONE DRY

tumblr_mvtzz2r4wh1run8u4o2_500.gif

Metal B

Chooper and Carrot can now turn the tables. They have free access to the mirror world and properly starting to rejoin everybody. This would save anybody and give them an escape route, but it still would not resolve there goal in saving Sanji.

But we still don't know the possibilities and limits of the mirror world. Especially the range in which you can access other mirrors. Maybe they can reach Jeff and either warn or let him enter the mirror world to keep him save. This would solve one of two problems for Sanji. Second we have the explosive bracelets. Since Luffy & Co. would have the possibility to actually get in connect with Sanji, they could actually form a plan to get the key and save him.

Since Chooper and Carrot stopped Diesel to inform Big Mom, we can guess, that there takeover of the mirror world will stay hidden. If they also get the crew together, without letting anybody know how they did it, then we will see a big wedding crash plan.

But there still a wild card with the ending of this chapter and Capone, who looks like to have plans on his own, ... so this is really an exciting arc.

ffdgh

Those cliffhangers are more of a tease than usual. I was wondering why Pedro was low on breath in the last chapter.

That cliffhanger. I think the two most likely culprits are Katakuri and Pudding (not saying she's evil but they could've gotten into an argument).

Watch it be someone completely random like Weevil or Blackbeard lol. Though I wonder when Weevil will actually come into play.

Oda really doesn't want us to let it go of "Pudding evil or not?"... I mean, she announces something drastic to Luffy and Nami, doesn't appear next chapter and a character is suddenly attacked. He is doing that on purpose. lol

daveo42

Banned
I actually want to see a Brook v Big Mom fight. She's got way more up her sleeves than just her age-sapping ability, but he doesn't have any years to actually siphon away because he's dead. My guess tho is that Chopper and Carrot are gonna get most of the crew out using the Mirror world before any major fights finish. This might end up being an arc where Luffy remains mostly side-lined, especially if this arc ends up being a bit shorter than expected and Wano coming up in 2017.

bjork

I want nothing that jeopardizes Brook reuniting with Laboon. It's the main reason I want to see this story out.

Mendrox

Even withe the Haki difference I hope the Brook vs Big Mom fight is just a repeat of the Luffy vs Enel fight.

Well this arc this time is a combination of Skypia and WaterSeven/EnelsLobby so it wouldn't surprise me. Like the arcs before that mirror the old world arcs.

daveo42

Banned
I want nothing that jeopardizes Brook reuniting with Laboon. It's the main reason I want to see this story out.

Not going to happen. Either Brook is a full hard counter to Big Mom and she can't use her usual tricks to subdue him or (really and) Chopper and Carrot come to the rescue. We'll see that story through.

It does make me think tho, Big Mom's only trump is her control of souls and Brook has gained the ability to manipulate his own soul as he sees fit. This could totally be a Enel v Luffy thing all over again. I really want that. I really want to see Brook take down Big Mom. It's not going to happen here, but that would be just another level of awesome.

bjork

Not going to happen. Either Brook is a full hard counter to Big Mom and she can't use her usual tricks to subdue him or (really and) Chopper and Carrot come to the rescue. We'll see that story through.

It does make me think tho, Big Mom's only trump is her control of souls and Brook has gained the ability to manipulate his own soul as he sees fit. This could totally be a Enel v Luffy thing all over again. I really want that. I really want to see Brook take down Big Mom. It's not going to happen here, but that would be just another level of awesome.

Maybe she can use her powers to put life energy into him, and it turns him back into a real dude with skin and a face and stuff. Then when he does his bone jokes, they're extra funny because he actually does have a face/eyes/etc

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Damn you Christmas break! Or whatever break it is next week.

So many possibilities with Brook vs Big Mom.

Both Pedro and Tamago are missing an eye. Must have been a brutal fight five years ago. Wonder if Pedro will get his 50 years back somehow.

It's possibly Pudding being the one to attack Reiju is a red herring. But it's also likely. Then again, there's also Bege, who seems to be trying to overthrow Big Mom from the inside.

Damn you Christmas break! Or whatever break it is next week.

So many possibilities with Brook vs Big Mom.

Both Pedro and Tamago are missing an eye. Must have been a brutal fight five years ago. Wonder if Pedro will get his 50 years back somehow.

It's possibly Pudding being the one to attack Reiju is a red herring. But it's also likely. Then again, there's also Bege, who seems to be trying to overthrow Big Mom from the inside.

Break? There was no note in the end of this chapter like it usually has when we get a break..

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Do th Vinsmokes not realize they're bbeing watched? At least 2 homiesare in the first panel when they're talking about betrayal

smurfx

get some go again
Jump as a whole is on next week.
is this the start of the 3 week year end break? or is this a random break? i know with the 3 week break we usually get the chapter leaked early and then get the next chapter around the 2nd week of jan. i'm hoping brook somehow ends up making a copy of the road poneglyph and surprises the crew with it at the end of the arc. also what's this about capone having his own plans? i don't remember reading anything like that. although there is still the issue about that comet thing that kidnapped his ship to be explained and he could always be a double agent. reiju might have been spying and found out what exactly big mom has planned for them. after all big mom can always take away their lifespans and force them to do her bidding.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Tamago fights. He doesn't really have a fighters body, plus he'll spill his tea.
Big Mom vs Brook will be interesting. Big Mom can take away lifespan, but Brooks already lived past his. I can't see Big Moms Devil Fruit helping her much here. Although she doesn't need it. She outmatches Brook a hundredfold in sheer strength. I imagine Chopper, Carrot and Pegleg Jinbe will get him out of it.

Speaking of: There's a literal world of mirrors and it isn't part of Brulee's power, otherwise it'd disappear after being knocked unconscious. That's interesting.

Veelk

Banned
Do th Vinsmokes not realize they're bbeing watched? At least 2 homiesare in the first panel when they're talking about betrayal

Their related to Sanji. You can only expect so much brain power. Remember, these fuckwits actually had to remind themselves they hate Sanji so he wouldn't be a pressure point for them in that very scene.

I think the bigger question is why in the fuck do they think they will be able to just choose where Pudji are stationed as if Big Mom wouldn't have any objections even if she didn't somehow see through their transparent bullshit.

smurfx

get some go again
Their related to Sanji. You can only expect so much brain power. Remember, these fuckwits actually had to remind themselves they hate Sanji so he wouldn't be a pressure point for them in that very scene.

I think the bigger question is why in the fuck do they think they will be able to just choose where Pudji are stationed as if Big Mom wouldn't have any objections even if she didn't somehow see through their transparent bullshit.
i mean she must have also found out that sanji has been away from his family for the longest time after she searched for his past. she must know that he doesn't mean much to the vinsmokes but she still needed them to get near her and have this ceremony take place. all she needs to do now is trap them or take them hostage by taking away most of their life and forcing them to do what she wants. i wonder when we will get an update on zoro and the other strawhats. i want to know what happened to marco.

Kreed

One Piece 849:

I'm guessing Brooke will be the first person Chopper and Carrot save using the Mirror world if Brooke doesn't figure out a way to escape Big Mom himself. Considering Big Mom's powers probably won't work on him, that could cause enough confusion for him to get what he needs and escape.

Veelk

Banned
i mean she must have also found out that sanji has been away from his family for the longest time after she searched for his past. she must know that he doesn't mean much to the vinsmokes but she still needed them to get near her and have this ceremony take place. all she needs to do now is trap them or take them hostage by taking away most of their life and forcing them to do what she wants. i wonder when we will get an update on zoro and the other strawhats. i want to know what happened to marco.

The numbers of tells they have in what can be generously called their con are so numerous that nothing will anger me more in this arc than if Big mom doesn't laugh in their faces when they try and pull the turnabout on her.

For one, Big mom is a pirate and they are willing to deal with pirates. Suspicion and distrust should be an automatic response.

Two, as Gaime mentioned, Big Mom has literal eyes and ears everywhere in her entire home that the vinsmokes blatantly ignore. There is no reason for her not to have a standing order to report suspicious shit.

Three, I don't have actual evidence of this, but I really fucking doubt that this will be the first time Judge has pulled duplicitous shit in his career as a warlord. You see that character and how he acts, and we're gonna assume he hasn't stabbed people in the back before? Nu-uh.

Four, there is no way that Big Mom won't see the transparent power play. "Oh, you want to bring my daughter to your kingdom without any of her own guard and have her stay there permanently? NOTHING SUSPICIOUS ABOUT THAT!" It's just so elementary, even someone without Big Mom's resources and natural piratey suspicions, you'd have to be remarkably naive to not be able to tell what Judge is trying to pull here.

Five, if Big mom has the resources to figure out that Sanji was with Zeff all these years, she has the resources to figure out the public announcement judge made to his entire kingdom about his Sanji being dead from an accident and how that doesn't fit his story. We don't know how she gets her information, but if she's able to figure out Zeff, I feel like she should know everything like Sanji's history, Judge's actual reason why he left him, etc, but even if she can't get those, there is no way for her to miss public, on record announcements.

Honestly, I'm still unsure why she is bothering with these jokers. This could have just been a business arrangement at best or she could have just forcibly taken their technology at worst, since their so weak. I'm hoping she just likes fucking with them and is just waiting to pull a Red Wedding on their dumb asses.

RalchAC

Those cliffhangers are more of a tease than usual. I was wondering why Pedro was low on breath in the last chapter.

So now we finally know why he was able to leave Big Mom's island.

I found it a bit stupid that they are speaking so happily while that teapot is happily singing and serving them some tea.

The numbers of tells they have in what can be generously called their con are so numerous that nothing will anger me more in this arc than if Big mom doesn't laugh in their faces when they try and pull the turnabout on her.

For one, Big mom is a pirate and they are willing to deal with pirates. Suspicion and distrust should be an automatic response.

Two, as Gaime mentioned, Big Mom has literal eyes and ears everywhere in her entire home that the vinsmokes blatantly ignore. There is no reason for her not to have a standing order to report suspicious shit.

Three, I don't have actual evidence of this, but I really fucking doubt that this will be the first time Judge has pulled duplicitous shit in his career as a warlord. You see that character and how he acts, and we're gonna assume he hasn't stabbed people in the back before? Nu-uh.

Four, there is no way that Big Mom won't see the transparent power play. "Oh, you want to bring my daughter to your kingdom without any of her own guard and have her stay there permanently? NOTHING SUSPICIOUS ABOUT THAT!" It's just so elementary, even someone without Big Mom's resources and natural piratey suspicions, you'd have to be remarkably naive to not be able to tell what Judge is trying to pull here.

Five, if Big mom has the resources to figure out that Sanji was with Zeff all these years, she has the resources to figure out the public announcement judge made to his entire kingdom about his Sanji being dead from an accident and how that doesn't fit his story. We don't know how she gets her information, but if she's able to figure out Zeff, I feel like she should know everything like Sanji's history, Judge's actual reason why he left him, etc, but even if she can't get those, there is no way for her to miss public, on record announcements.

Honestly, I'm still unsure why she is bothering with these jokers. This could have just been a business arrangement at best or she could have just forcibly taken their technology at worst, since their so weak. I'm hoping she just likes fucking with them and is just waiting to pull a Red Wedding on their dumb asses.

They have a technology that allows them to make clones with superhuman capabilities. Could be a good way to counter the Zoan army Kaido has been building with SMILE factory devil fruits.

And she seems to basically make new allies and acquitances through weddings. She's had dozens of children and they all have been paired with other people. I don't think she'll risk losing that much trust, unless the Germa 66 has some kind of breakout technology that could make her the Pirate Queen in a short period.

bjork

It's probably arrogance, they think they'd school Big Mom if it came down to it. That would kind of fit how dense they come across.

Lol do the Vinsmokes actually believe Big Mom cares about Pudding beyond being a political power piece? These guys are dumber than I thought.

Bropper(lol) and Carrot are putting in work. Great to see a fight with them even if it was a bit short.

Brook vs. Big Mom may just be one of the greatest things we'll see in this manga if only for the reaction Big Mom will get when she tries to use her soul powers on him.

Baron Tamago and Pedro have fought before and gave each other scars. I guessing a rematch is about to happen. Pedro also had years off his life taken away as punishment for his crimes. I imagine the same thing happened to Jinbei which is why we haven't seen him recently in this arc.

The biggest thing though is what the heck happened to Reiju? She was obviously attacked but by who? Pudding seems the most likely candidate because no one else would risk jeopardizing the wedding that much.

I think Capone was the one responsible of hurting Reiju, he probably wants to put them against each other. Pudding is another candidate but I don't think she has the skills for that and I don't think a "sweetheart" like her would start attacking innocent people (unless she is secretly evil).

Initially, I wasn't that interested in Pedro vs Tamago, but now...hell yeah! Let's do it!

Chopper's plan was pretty cool. I didn't even acknowledge the whole "ribbit" thing from before, but that was a good way to take advantage of Brulee's power in their favor.

Brook is screwed unless he uses soul shenanigans to distract Big Mom and make a dash for the exit.
Brook may be the "Soul King", but Big Mom has literal free reign over souls with no limit.

What the hell happened to Reiju? The only people I could assume were responsible are either Capone, Katakuri, or someone with a grudge against Germa.

Veelk

Banned
I think Capone was the one responsible of hurting Reiju, he probably wants to put them against each other. Pudding is another candidate but I don't think she has the skills for that and I don't think a "sweetheart" like her would start attacking innocent people (unless she is secretly evil).

Eh, I think that's more limited line of thinking. Granted, I don't think you'd be wrong, but I'd be more interested in a pudding that means well and doesn't want to see her friends hurt while having no issues wrecking the utter shit out of anyone who gets in her way. Maybe Reiju was talking shit, or maybe Pudding assumed she was like her brothers in how they hurt Sanji.

It's why I don't really find the question of what her hidden motives are that interesting. She's either a pure hearted princess who just wants goodness and love for all or she's a backstabbing bitch. Neither is more or less interesting than the other. Something inbetween might be, but I'm pretty sure we're not getting that.

Eh, I think that's more limited line of thinking. Granted, I don't think you'd be wrong, but I'd be more interested in a pudding that means well and doesn't want to see her friends hurt while having no issues wrecking the utter shit out of anyone who gets in her way. Maybe Reiju was talking shit, or maybe Pudding assumed she was like her brothers in how they hurt Sanji.

It's why I don't really find the question of what her hidden motives are that interesting. She's either a pure hearted princess who just wants goodness and love for all or she's a backstabbing bitch. Neither is more or less interesting than the other. Something inbetween might be, but I'm pretty sure we're not getting that.
Exactly, I'd love to have Pudding being the one, but knowing Oda, I doubt he would give us that. It seems that Pudding is destined to be another Rebecca or Shirahoshi. I'll never expect a "cute" female to be badass in One Piece again if Pudding is just a sweetheart Mary Sue.

PlayerOne

Banned
Should I pull the trigger and buy One Piece boxsets 2 and 3??

I have been away from the manga and anime in about a couple of years or even more. I resumed watching the anime a few weeks ago in the Boa Hancock/Impel Down/Ace arc, but in the manga I was caught up until they got to Dressrosa. In the anime I skipped all the Ace arcs I don't know why :).

Should I buy the two boxsets for Xmas? I got the first one, but I have a financial goal to make by end of year, so I am not sure whether to buy them now or not. They are on sale over at Amazon Canada.

Disclosure: I have been watching One Piece since 2001, when I was 11.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

That just doesn't seem her style. It makes sense that a big shot like Big Mom has her own particular way of doing things. She could just sit down and broker a deal or could have just attacked the Germa and tried to take their technology, but why do that when you can throw a party and just either get it basically for free or pull some duplicitous shit in the meantime? And she's definitely planning some duplicitous shit, considering Pudding is still hiding her third eye from everyone for some reason (and we haven't seen anybody else to date in this arc who could possibly be the three-eyed girl but Pudding).

Anyway, I look forward to Big Mom trying to steal Brook's lifespan only to find he doesn't have a lifespan. Yohohoho!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom