• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veelk

Banned
What your misunderstanding though is that that isn't a euphanism. He really wants to give her an actual eggplant.

It's one piece. What else is he going to do with her?

smurfx

get some go again
can't big mom make copies of the vinsmokes and then throw some soul into them? most people wouldn't know they are copies and they would do anything big mom wanted.

MANUELF

Banned
Should I pull the trigger and buy One Piece boxsets 2 and 3??

I have been away from the manga and anime in about a couple of years or even more. I resumed watching the anime a few weeks ago in the Boa Hancock/Impel Down/Ace arc, but in the manga I was caught up until they got to Dressrosa. In the anime I skipped all the Ace arcs I don't know why :).

Should I buy the two boxsets for Xmas? I got the first one, but I have a financial goal to make by end of year, so I am not sure whether to buy them now or not. They are on sale over at Amazon Canada.

Disclosure: I have been watching One Piece since 2001, when I was 11.

Do it, is worth it and those boxsets have great extras

Ray Down

Banned
It's clearly Akainu guys.... It was Vito.

YiS5SqS.png

TheShah

All these scarred eyes and still no eye patches. Oda has been sitting on this eye patch character for too long. I can see Pedro, Reiju and Capone all dying this arc.

All these scarred eyes and still no eye patches. Oda has been sitting on this eye patch character for too long. I can see Pedro, Reiju and Capone all dying this arc.

The eyepatch character is going to be someone extremely important in my opinion.

Peg leg was Zeff, hook hand was Crocodile, etc. My money is on Vegapunk.

Coby did it.

I've wondered if there would be any Marine involvement here. No way does a giant alliance like this go completely under the radar from the WG.

Granted, as Veelk can attest, the WG is one of the most incompetent groups I've ever seen in any form of media, so maybe not.

Nox/Nyx was the Greco-Roman goddess of the night.

And nox is just the Latin word for night. Wonder how that relates to Pedro?

dabig2

Seems like an interesting parallel between the Nox pirates full of Minks and the Sun pirates consisting of Fishmen.

Yeah, and with the former Sun pirates being Big Mom's underlings right now and already primed to make some sort of waves this arc whenever Jinbei reappears, I wouldn't mind some sort of team up later on. Jinbei and Pedro remind me of each other a lot too. Both are noble warrior archetypes.

And nox is just the Latin word for night. Wonder how that relates to Pedro?

For a lot of those old gods they were not much more than figurative representations of the concept. Pedro is a member of the night guardians on Zou so it seems to be related to the Mink myths. Since these gods are used as code names for the ancient weapons it might actually be some reference to them and the secret history.

Dimmle

Seems like the last two weeks firmly put to rest the Pudding and Pedro betrayal theories. I wasn't a huge fan of the idea in the first place, seemed pretty baseless from a story perspective.

Im on episode 727 and OMG when will this arc end? Its bad enough that half the crew hasnt been seen in like 70 episodes but you get crappy characters that take their spot in the fights, except Bartolemeo and Cavendish. Where is Burgess? Why cant Sabo just fly to where Luffy is and help him fight? Whats going on?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Im on episode 727 and OMG when will this arc end? Its bad enough that half the crew hasnt been seen in like 70 episodes but you get crappy characters that take their spot in the fights, except Bartolemeo and Cavendish. Where is Burgess? Why cant Sabo just fly to where Luffy is and help him fight? Whats going on?

This is the manga thread.
But to answer your question, 19 more episodes.
It somehow ran longer than the manga because fuck Toei.

Cwarrior

Personally luffy, zoro and sanji have't been invovled in anything interesting action wise since Time skip.

Franky,ussop and side characters like kryros,sai(rest of the gladitors), minks,doffy family have made those guys look boring as fuck.

RalchAC

Here's the anime thread

It's not as active as most fans have given up on it and stick with the manga. Going to YouTube for fight scenes.

To be honest, I've just been watching some important scenes in Youtube (speeches, fights and the likes) and I'll probably reread Dressrosa arc in the holidays. One Pace project is currently editing that arc, so I may watch it again once they're done with it.

It won't help with some of the shitty animation, but at least it'll improve the pace quite a bit.

Personally luffy, zoro and sanji have't been invovled in anything interesting action wise since Time skip.

Franky,ussop and side characters like kryros,sai(rest of the gladitors), minks,doffy family have made those guys look boring as fuck.

Well, Luffy and Law had a fight against Doflamingo. I quite liked that fight, TBH.

But yeah, you are right. I think Oda drove himself to a corner with the time skip. They had been training for 2 years in order to be strong enough to fight in the New World. If they had had any problems fighting against minor characters, it would have made no sense when they finally took down a Yonko.

The alternative were incoherent power levels, which IMO is the worst you can do in a battle manga. And some of the characters introduced were cool anyway. I quite like Law (as an ally), Leo, Cavendish and Bartolomeo. I don't mind Sabo either (even though I think him fighting with a pipe is a bit stupid). I agree that Dressrosa was a bit too long. It focused on two things:

A) Giving Luffy an army.
B) Hinting quite a lot of future arcs.

People compare it to Alabasta quite a bit and I think they are right. The big difference is that Crocodile was the first big bad Luffy fought and his crew was in a similar power level to most of his underlings. Doffy, while a really cool character, is just an underling of the real big bad (Kaido), so his crew couldn't be as strong as the Mugis. Otherwise the Strawhats would have been wrecked as soon as they set foot in Wano.

Zoro and Sanji, debatable.

Luffy has had a good amount with Caesar, Chinjao, Doffy and Fujitora.

To be honest, I've just been watching some important scenes in Youtube (speeches, fights and the likes) and I'll probably reread Dressrosa arc in the holidays. One Pace project is currently editing that arc, so I may watch it again once they're done with it.

I've been thinking about promoting the One Pace episodes on here and the Redux OT, but I'm not sure if linking to it would be okay on GAF.

Ray Down

Banned
According to Jump Festa 2017 official website, there will be a special section called "ONE PIECE 20th anniversary exhibition".

- Oda's original drawings including impressive OP scenes will be displayed.

- Oda talks about the memories about these 20 years' serialization (recorded audio, probably).

- Oda's new drawing and a message for Jump Festa will be displayed.

- The successive editors will reveal a secret episode about Oda.

- The protagonists in Jump will horse around with Luffy.

- Some collaboration drawing will be displayed.

- “Stamp Rally” will be held.
* A “stamp rally” is a gimmick usually used to entice visitors at a conference or fair to visit every vendor. Upon entering, the visitor is given a sheet with blank spaces where the stamps will go.
As they visit each vendor, their sheet is stamped. When the sheet is full, they turn it in for a prize or entry into a raffle. The rubber stamps at these events are usually very simple designs, but can on occasion be quite elaborate.

All from Sandman.

We all know who is the the traitor
rot

tumblr_lrqukxLJnB1qflm7eo1_500.gif

RalchAC

Zoro and Sanji, debatable.

Luffy has had a good amount with Caesar, Chinjao, Doffy and Fujitora.

I've been thinking about promoting the One Pace episodes on here and the Redux OT, but I'm not sure if linking to it would be okay on GAF.

Self-promoting isn't encouraged by GAF rules, but I don't think there would be a problem saying every once in a while how the project is progressing.

Like saying "they are now doing the Impel Down arc", or telling people they've adapted the latest Zou episode. I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom