• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile at Jump Festa...

Cz6YSIcVEAASSaQ.jpg

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Apparently the big 20th anniversary color spread will be featured in the first Jump of 2017 (alongside Chapter 851)

I wonder if there's a point where the ranking no longer matters. We probably passed that a long time ago.

That Tankman suit. I want that for Halloween

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Brook needs to adopt that hat as his ordinary hat

Same with Robin and those glasses

Ray Down

Banned
In the next chapter, Luffy yells
I'm not the kind of guy who dies here!!
The spoiler panel was shown to us audience.

Also, new ONE PIECE magazine will be published in 2017. It includes a novel whose protagonist is Ace or/and Sabo and a special manga.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
My guess is that Reverie and Wano will occur simultaneously and ultimately climax together. But I'm also of the opinion that Kaido's plan to cause chaos is invading Reverie with his animal army.

RalchAC

Apparently the big 20th anniversary color spread will be featured in the first Jump of 2017 (alongside Chapter 851)

I wonder if there's a point where the ranking no longer matters. We probably passed that a long time ago.

That Tankman suit. I want that for Halloween

I would say that if you manage to sell over a certain amount it doesn't really matter. It's not like TV ratings, where more views = more money. A young series doing well on the ratings should mean it has the potential to a wider audience (than Jump readers), which means bigger potential and a chance to become big in the future.

I would say once the series has got the first season of his anime adaptation, other factors are as (if not more) important. Like, how many copies is selling? how many DVDs? is the merchandising doing good?

And then there are series that get pushed or just keep going for various reasons. A series could last much longer despite having mediocre rankings if it seem to appeal to an audience they want to expand.

My guess is that Reverie and Wano will occur simultaneously and ultimately climax together. But I'm also of the opinion that Kaido's plan to cause chaos is invading Reverie with his animal army.

I'm reading some information on the wikia, and it says that Shirayoshi (the big Mermaid Princess Luffy befriends) is an ancient weapon. It seems that Mud Devil Fruit user (Caribou) knows it.

Something like this could happen:

1. Most of the Royal Family goes to the Reverie.
2. A Yonko uses the information they learnt from Caribou, kidnap Shirayoshi in Fishman Island and plans to attacks Mariejois using her powers.
3. Problems in Reverie, Neptune and co. are imprisoned and the Marine decides to take over Fishman Island. The last Admiral is revealed.
4. Luffy goes back to Fishman Island, wrecks shit, the profecy is fullfilled and pulls a Fisher Tiger saving the Royal Family and other slaves from Fishman Island.
5. Celestial Dragons are sent flying to a desert island like Buggy was at the very beginning of the series. One has Donald Trump's face.

Regarding the spoiler:

Curious to see why Luffy is reacting like that and why Nami is screaming. I thought Pudding whispered something that would reassure them, but maybe it was something different.

ckohler

My prediction is that the Reverie will be the location of the "Revilutionary Army" arc. It will be about Dragon and Sabo attacking the meeting.

Regarding the spoiler:

Curious to see why Luffy is reacting like that and why Nami is screaming. I thought Pudding whispered something that would reassure them, but maybe it was something different.
I think she was going to commit suicide, either directly or indirectly. I think she injured that Sanji's sister to break up the wedding and act as a martyr.

RalchAC

You didn't know that?

It's nice re-reading some summaries every once in a while. It's been like 2 years since I watched Fishman Island, I think.

I didn't remember that Caribou knew the truth, and while I remembered Shirayoshi being able to control all sea beasts I didn't remember her being an actual Ancient Weapon.

It's nice re-reading some summaries every once in a while. It's been like 2 years since I watched Fishman Island, I think.

I didn't remember that Caribou knew the truth, and while I remembered Shirayoshi being able to control all sea beasts I didn't remember her being an actual Ancient Weapon.

Ah, I see.

On that note, we should do a community re-read of the manga. Next year might be the perfect time to do it.

I'm reading some information on the wikia, and it says that Shirayoshi (the big Mermaid Princess Luffy befriends) is an ancient weapon. It seems that Mud Devil Fruit user (Caribou) knows it.

Something like this could happen:

1. Most of the Royal Family goes to the Reverie.
2. A Yonko uses the information they learnt from Caribou, kidnap Shirayoshi in Fishman Island and plans to attacks Mariejois using her powers.
3. Problems in Reverie, Neptune and co. are imprisoned and the Marine decides to take over Fishman Island. The last Admiral is revealed.
4. Luffy goes back to Fishman Island, wrecks shit, the profecy is fullfilled and pulls a Fisher Tiger saving the Royal Family and other slaves from Fishman Island.
5. Celestial Dragons are sent flying to a desert island like Buggy was at the very beginning of the series. One has Donald Trump's face.

Their is a good chance Kaido knows Shirahoshi is the ancient weapon poseidon because X-drake captured Caribou so the yonko who most likely knows is Kaido. Trying to kidnap Shirahoshi is dangerous because she could at any moment summon those huge sea kings if she gets upset. The marines cannot take over fishman island unless they risk war with big mom since it is a part of her territory.

RalchAC

Ah, I see.

On that note, we should do a community re-read of the manga. Next year might be the perfect time to do it.

Would be nice, yeah

Their is a good chance Kaido knows Shirahoshi is the ancient weapon poseidon because X-drake captured Caribou so the yonko who most likely knows is Kaido. Trying to kidnap Shirahoshi is dangerous because she could at any moment summon those huge sea kings if she gets upset. The marines cannot take over fishman island unless they risk war with big mom since it is a part of her territory.

It's not Big Mom territory anymore but Luffy's isn't it?

smurfx

get some go again
kaido trying to kidnap shirahoshi and invading fishman island and causing a confrontation with big mom would be a good twist. big mom and her family would take off to fishman island and luffy and the strawhats would go to wano and stir things up there. kaido attacking the reverie wouldn't cause a huge war. that is unless wano itself is trying to expand and take over other countries and kaido is part of wano's military. perhaps wano would also have other countries on their side like elbaf or something.

kaido trying to kidnap shirahoshi and invading fishman island and causing a confrontation with big mom would be a good twist. big mom and her family would take off to fishman island and luffy and the strawhats would go to wano and stir things up there. kaido attacking the reverie wouldn't cause a huge war. that is unless wano itself is trying to expand and take over other countries and kaido is part of wano's military. perhaps wano would also have other countries on their side like elbaf or something.

You bring up a good point.

It's funny we've been assuming each Yonko would be taken out in their territory when the more logical conclusion would be that they stick around for a while. Their power level puts them at the top of the One Piece food chain and them being taken out would have huge ramifications. I don't think Big Mom or Kaido are going to be one arc and done villains.

With how much Kaido and his anger towards the alliance has been emphasized, along with his history with the samurai, I do think that Kaido will go down in Wano.. Even after they're defeated, it definitely won't be the end for the emperors anyway.

Though it's looking less and less likely that Big Mom will be defeated in this arc, but there's still the issue of how the crew will escape. They still need to get to the ship and escape Totland's waters so I'm not sure if the mirror world will be used, other than to gather the crew in one place. There could be some twist where Kaido's crew attacks Totland in order to get Caesar and the crew takes advantage of this and get away.

Assuming that Big Mom doesn't get taken down here (by Luffy or otherwise), I wonder when she will, since it looks like most of her important crew members are going to be defeated in this arc.

RalchAC

You bring up a good point.

It's funny we've been assuming each Yonko would be taken out in their territory when the more logical conclusion would be that they stick around for a while. Their power level puts them at the top of the One Piece food chain and them being taken out would have huge ramifications. I don't think Big Mom or Kaido are going to be one arc and done villains.

We don't really know how powerful Kaido's Zoan Army really is, to be honest. A huge scale war would be a good way to show it.

It's a bit hard to imagine Yonko's just accepting the status quo, when:

A) Blackbeard has been described as "the man who is the closest to getting the One Piece". He is a beast, has a strong crew and is gathering Devil Fruits.
B) Luffy and Law just defeated Doflamingo, which was both Kaido's underling and the ruler of the Underworld.
C) Akainu has built the new Marine HQ in the New World.

I mean. The world is quite fucked up. Big Mom is probably allying with the Germa 66 eventhough they are not exactly reliable because she knows that Kaido has been feeding Devil Fruits to his army for 2 years. That should be quite a boost in strength.

Yonkos should do their own thing instead of being static bosses that are waiting for Luffy to bring them down, as you've said.

We don't really know how powerful Kaido's Zoan Army really is, to be honest. A huge scale war would be a good way to show it.

It's a bit hard to imagine Yonko's just accepting the status quo, when:

A) Blackbeard has been described as "the man who is the closest to getting the One Piece". He is a beast, has a strong crew and is gathering Devil Fruits.
B) Luffy and Law just defeated Doflamingo, which was both Kaido's underling and the ruler of the Underworld.
C) Akainu has built the new Marine HQ in the New World.

I mean. The world is quite fucked up. Big Mom is probably allying with the Germa 66 eventhough they are not exactly reliable because she knows that Kaido has been feeding Devil Fruits to his army for 2 years. That should be quite a boost in strength.

Yonkos should do their own thing instead of being static bosses that are waiting for Luffy to bring them down, as you've said.

Doflamingo was never an underling of Kaido he was a business partner who feared Kaido's power. Big Mom is allying with Germa because using her kids and arranging them into political marriages to gain more power is her thing.

Kaido attacking the reverie would start a huge war look at what happened when luffy punched one celestial dragon now imagine what would happen if one of the yonko's decides to attack all of the worlds noble's in the celestial dragon homeland which also happens to be world government capital. It could also get dicey if during the attack he reveals to the world that fishman island which is under the control of one of the other yonko's has one of the legendary weapons.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
THERE!!!!!!

When did Caribou get captured?

THERE!!!!!!

When did Caribou get captured?

It was in a cover story of one piece he has had quite an adventure since his encounter with the strawhats which includes him showing why he is one of the most untrustworthy characters in the entire one piece world and that he actually has a good side to him.

smurfx

get some go again
Kaido attacking the reverie would start a huge war look at what happened when luffy punched one celestial dragon now imagine what would happen if one of the yonko's decides to attack all of the worlds noble's in the celestial dragon homeland which also happens to be world government capital. It could also get dicey if during the attack he reveals to the world that fishman island which is under the control of one of the other yonko's has one of the legendary weapons.
kaido attacking the reverie would only unleash the entire world government might on his pirate crew. that isn't the huge war he was talking about. a huge war would be many countries fighting and kaido being right in the middle of it. which is why i think wano may be planning on expanding their power.

kaido attacking the reverie would only unleash the entire world government might on his pirate crew. that isn't the huge war he was talking about. a huge war would be many countries fighting and kaido being right in the middle of it. which is why i think wano may be planning on expanding their power.

First off we know Kaido is not afraid of anything so the world government attacking his crew would not phase him at all he's already done that by himself. Have you forgotten he has been defeated 7 times been captured by the marines or his enemies 18 times. He has been tortured numerous times. He challenged the navy and the four emperors by himself and was sentenced to death 40 times and is still alive. You do know what the reverie is right? Kaido attacking the reverie would start a huge war considering most of the kings and queens of the one piece world attend the reverie.

jbug617

Banned
There is a reason why Oda has not revealed Pudding's 3rd eye yet.

Regarding that spoiler my guess is that
Pudding and Big Mom had no intention of letting this wedding happen. It's all a plot to get power from Sanji's family and they have no use of Sanji and the Straw Hats.

RalchAC

Doflamingo was never an underling of Kaido he was a business partner who feared Kaido's power. Big Mom is allying with Germa because using her kids and arranging them into political marriages to gain more power is her thing.

Yeah, sorry. I called him an underling due to how their relationship works, eventhough it isn't "oficial". On one hand, Kaido is much stronger than Doflamingo and has granted him protection. On the other hand, I think Doffy doesn't sell those Devil Fruits to anybody else.

Even if Doflamingo isn't oficially part of his crew (which made sense, due to Doflamingo personality and the fact that he was a Shichibukai) I can't see them as just "business partners".

There is this profecy where it's predicted that Luffy will destroy Fishman Island. So sooner or later a big war is going to take place in that island, since Luffy just won't do it without reason. Kaido having interest in Shirayoshi and using her to fuck up the Reverie would be a nice way to make it work. We don't know how powerful his army really is.

Right now Wano, which is inspired by Japan, seems to be in the years of the Tokugawa Shogunate. The story arc there could very well be inspired by the Meiji Revolution (open borders, more imperial power and the likes). Wano Arc could be a Civil War between the Shogun and Kaido troops left behind and the Strawhat Pirates, the Heart Pirates, the Minks (maybe?) and some daimyos that are sick of Kaido ruling the country.

So you could have a shorter Wano Arc in 2017, followed by the Reverie War in 2017-2018.

Attacking the Reverie wouldn't only anger the Marine, but the 200 countries that are attending the meeting.

And then there is Big Mom. If he attacked Fishman Island you could have Kaido vs Big Mom vs Marines vs Strawhat Alliance. Which would need quite a bit of planning.

Yeah, sorry. I called him an underling due to how their relationship works, eventhough it isn't "oficial". On one hand, Kaido is much stronger than Doflamingo and has granted him protection. On the other hand, I think Doffy doesn't sell those Devil Fruits to anybody else.

Even if Doflamingo isn't oficially part of his crew (which made sense, due to Doflamingo personality and the fact that he was a Shichibukai) I can't see them as just "business partners".

Doflamingo was the underworld broker he sold weapons to the highest bidder and Kaido wanted artificial devil fruits he got him artficial devil fruits they were just business partners. Kaido never granted Doflamingo protection Doflamingo did not need his protection he was a Shichibukai and a former world noble who had a pretty far reach.

smurfx

get some go again
doflamingo wanted to see the world burn and kaido was the one man he probably thought could achieve it. if kaido attacks the reverie then it was probably doflamingo who put the thought into his head.

Ray Down

Banned
General feelings with the Chopper and Carrot comment:
Yes she is, she does look different then chopper all I said is its boring and at least Chopper transforms, she probably doesn't have a story.. there been no hints of anything deeper to her character or that she is hiding anything with some dark past unlike Chopper or hell even Pedro. There alike in the way that they are both animal humans that wanted to go out to sea and see it but something prevented them but different in execution that makes Carrot boring.

With Chopper it was much more interesting and adds to his character with his distrust in humans and the possible persecution he would face as "monster" there like he had with the past along with some companionship/obligation to Kureha and Hiluluk with Luffy and Co helping him move past the monster stigma. With Carrot it just seems like Wanda would disapprove and the opportunity never presented itself. Carrot probably faced no hardships or trails like any of the other straw hats, she probably grew up on Zou had a nice family, trained and joined the Musketeers and thats basically it.

Both are the young quirky energetic naive souls that believe anything and wanted to eat all the chocolate furniture and got distracted by the sweets except one is a bit more of a coward then the other and one rushes blindly in to battle. Chopper has more utility with just his base forms, rumble forms and anything else he may have developed, plus his doctor skills that make him unique hell he could possibly use electro if its just static electricity with his fur, unlike lookout or whatever people bring up for carrot can do since anyone can do this (and before you bring up Jinbe with Helmsman at least he serves as really the only effective fighter when it comes to the water with using fishman karate and being able to breathe there zoro and Sanji can only fight for so long and with a crew of nearly half being useless in water due to devil fruits and a few that are not effiecant in water).

I mean people are sick of seeing Nami clones in design, why would people want a less interesting female chopper for all intensive purposes

ckohler

I get where you're coming from Ray in that every Straw Hat must have both a "dream" and a tragic backstory and so far she doesn't really have either. However, I think there's still time for Oda to come up with both as we've only just been introduced to her.

As for being a Chopper clone, I see Carrot as being more like Luffy in that she's a wide-eyed, adventurous youth who's eager to jump into danger where as Chopper, on the other hand, is typically shown to be more cowardly like Usopp. Chopper also has extensive knowledge (medical, mostly) and general smarts about the world where as Carrot is the opposite in that she's excessively naive, to the point that she isn't even sure how big the world is.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I seriously doubt anyone other than Jinbei is joining the main crew for the rest of the story. I expect lots of Vivi/Law type characters and alliance members, maybe, but no crew members.

Spoilers from Sandman at Arlong Park Forums
Chapter title is "Ray of light".

In Mirror World、Chopper tries to find Luffy and Co , but there are too many mirrors.

Sanji's room

Sanji goes to deliver the dish to Pudding.

Prisoners Library

Luffy tries to escape even if his arms tear off.

3rd floor courtyard

Pedro is fighting Tamago. Tamago asks him why he came back.
Pedro strongly answers that Straw Hats are the only guys who can lead the world to dawn. Pedro slashes/bisects Tamago.

In front of Pudding's room

The alive door prevents Sanji from entering the room. He has no choice but to go to Pudding's location from terrace.

When Sanji sees the inside of the room, he finds Reiju on a chair and 3-eyed-Pudding.
Pudding makes a scornful smile at Sanji. Actually Pudding is one of Big Mom's favorite and she is good at acting.
Pudding was cheating Straw Hats.

Prisoners Library

Luffy's flashback

Puddding whispers something to Luffy.

Pudding "I will shoot to kill that idiot, who fell in love with me as I expected, which is why I don't get married.
I won't let you keep alive anyway. Good Bye, pitiful rats."

Pudding's room

Blood is falling from Reiju's leg. Reiju's arms are constrained.

Pudding "Mama wants clone soldiers and Germa science from the beginning.
The whole Germa Kingdom lies at anchor on our territory.
Thank you all you idiots for being invited to Sanji's political party.
We'll kill all Vinsmokes in tommorow's wedding."

Sanji shows an expressionless face listening to Pudding's talk secretly in thunderstorm.

source: 2ch

[EDIT] Big Mom is the only person who knows Pudding's true personality.

SolVanderlyn

That might be the biggest spoiler bomb I've ever seen

For everyone who won't click it, I have this to say:

Get ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom