• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Down

Banned
I will say this:

I think there has to be more to Pudding that meets the eye (EYE JOKE!).

Why did we even get Pudding's flashback with Lola and what seemed to be her genuine facial expressions when she was alone? Why think about a Flashback of Big Mom telling her to follow her order and she's a doll and such?

There's no sense in Pudding reminiscing about this if she was putting on an act thing whole time. Unless she's conflicted after meeting the other but I doubt that.

What happened to Sanji knowing when a woman is lying? Would he not just see her fake tears and think they are real? There's no point in him lying to himself at this rate, if he felt something was up he wouldn't of had that whole moment in 848.

We gonna see
sanji knock a woman out

That would betray Zeff and Sanji chivalry nature, he wouldn't do that no matter what.

Also:

man.jpg

Veelk

Banned
That would betray Zeff and Sanji chivalry nature, he wouldn't do that no matter what.

Also:

man.jpg

Bah. If Pudding is worth any respect at all, she'll respond to that with "Heh. Whatever" and then rip out one of Sanji's eyes. I know actually killing Sanji off is a pipe dream, but I'd atleast like it if he suffered the appropriate repercussions for his dumbfuck attitude. She can require eyes for her ability, it'd be a good precedent to set for what happens when you fuck with a Yonko crew, and Luffy could have a matching set of one eyed right hand men.

Ray Down

Banned
Good, good. Sanji really has got a lot to answer for this arc. His rash decisions have really fucked up the crews flow.

What rash decisions?

I need Sanji to get over his chivalry nature to protect the crew and this will work FINEEEEEEE

He won't Oda said as such his Chivalry nature makes him strong (in an SBS). Despite really wanting to save Robin from being killed, he couldn't strike Kalifa. He isn't changing guys, EVER!

Plus Zeff would cut of his balls!

Also:

Pudding
is the wild card:

giphy.gif

What rash decisions?

He won't Oda said as such his Chivalry nature makes him strong (in an SBS). Despite really wanting to save Robin from being killed, he couldn't strike Kalifa. He isn't changing guys, EVER!

Plus Zeff would cut of his balls!

Also:

Pudding
is the wild card:

giphy.gif

Rash as in handing himself in to his family, without consulting the crew. The current situation doesn't seem like it has paid off at all, and yet doesn't seem like a situation that couldn't have been predicted in advance. I am enjoying this arc, but I want to see where Oda is going with it. Because some of it seems a bit unconvincing/bad writing to me. Ultimately I don't yet view Sanji's choices as either rational or consistent so far, although I am certainly enjoying the ride.

Rash as in handing himself in to his family, without consulting the crew. The current situation doesn't seem like it has paid off at all, and yet doesn't seem like a situation that couldn't have been predicted in advance. I am enjoying this arc, but I want to see where Oda is going with it. Because some of it seems a bit unconvincing/bad writing to me. Ultimately I don't yet view Sanji's choices as either rational or consistent so far, although I am certainly enjoying the ride.

What are you talking about? He didn't hand himself in to his family. Carpone capoured him and he had to make a last minute decision to say Nami, Brook, and Chopper. He even went to big mom with the intention of turning down the wedding but had to change things when Zeff's life and his hands were on the line. He hasn't had much of a choice this whole arc.

KHlover

Banned
LOL I do the same thing every week. I use it to judge how hype I should be for a chapter.

I always look at the post count in /r/onepiece's spoiler thread.
Then proceed to read the spoilers anyways
. So yeah, I went in with high expectations for these spoilers. Daaamn did they deliver.

Holy shit at these spoilers.

I can't believe Oda is giving us a character like Pudding. This is great... the evil female character we all wanted to see. She could become one of the most memorable villains in One Piece.

Also, this is a great opportunity for Oda to make Sanji drop Zeff's rules to save his crew. I'm sure Zeff never wanted Sanji to take those rules to such extremes. Maybe we'll finally have Sanji's ultimate character development.

Ray Down

Banned
Holy shit at these spoilers.

I can't believe Oda is giving us a character like Pudding. This is great... the evil female character we all wanted to see. She could become one of the most memorable villains in One Piece.

Also, this is a great opportunity for Oda to make Sanji drop Zeff's rules to save his crew. I'm sure Zeff never wanted Sanji to take those rules to such extremes. Maybe we'll finally have Sanji's ultimate character development.

tumblr_inline_o1iyylp0Q11sg3o5d_1280.png

It's not a rule or policy.

comic-pow-one-piece-chivalry-chapter-403-even-if-it-kills-me.png

tumblr_inline_o1iyylp0Q11sg3o5d_1280.png

It's not a rule or policy.

It's Zeff's policy or rule, whatever, not Sanji's. That's what he meant. Sanji even said it was the natural rule of the universe since the dinosaurs or something. Sanji didn't see any problem in kicking women when he was a kid, but that was against Zeff's principles, and since Sanji doesn't want to be hated by the man who considered him a son, he follows that to such length (including enemies - that's the problem). Sanji was pissed and cursing Kalifa the whole time, he wanted to fight her but he thought about Zeff - he was frustrated not "convinced" that he was doing the right thing. Sanji's chivalry shouldn't be applied to enemies, that's the lesson Nami gave to him in Enies Lobby, but there is no problem at all in follow those principles when treating women (that's why she complimented him). Pudding obviously shouldn't be granted this benefit if it is confirmed that she is evil. It's just suicide and Oda appears to be building his story towards this from a long time.

God damnit I gotta stop looking at this thread so close to the chapter release, cause I'm getting way to tempted to look at this weeks spoilers lol.

Ray Down

Banned
Another thing:

Pudding has no reason to bring up Lola in chapter 829 not that I think about it?

No one knows that the crew meet up with her or interact well with her, so why put on this ruse that she admire her older sister escaping and being free. Maybe she admires Lola having a chance at freedom unlike her and is just follows Big Mama orders for the best future for herself.

Also why don't spoiler tag img's work on mobile?

Another thing:

Pudding has no reason to bring up Lola in chapter 829 not that I think about it?

No one knows that the crew meet up with her or interact well with her, so why put on this ruse that she admire her older sister escaping and being free. Maybe she admires Lola having a chance at freedom unlike her and is just follows Big Mama orders for the best future for herself.

Also why don't spoiler tag img's work on mobile?

Well they were talking about forced marriages and Big Mom's daughters, so that was a natural outcome for the conversation. Maybe trying to reassure them that nothing would happen to her if she betrays Big Mom as she wouldn't be the first to do it. I do believe it's possible that, if Pudding is really part of the scheme and she is actually afraid of her mother, she can redeem herself and follow Lola's steps, once finally free of Big Mom. Maybe she will go on a journey of some sort after Lola. It will depend how this new Pudding will be depicted, as a liar psycho or someone who is being manipulated. The latter seems pretty unlikely as I don't see any reason why she would whisper those things to Luffy and Nami.

Ray Down

Banned
Well they were talking about forced marriages and Big Mom's daughters, so that was a natural outcome for the conversation. Maybe trying to reassure them that nothing would happen to her if she betrays Big Mom as she wouldn't be the first to do it. I do believe it's possible that, if Pudding is really part of the scheme and she is actually afraid of her mother, she can redeem herself and follow Lola's steps, once finally free of Big Mom. Maybe she will go on a journey of some sort after Lola. It will depend how this new Pudding will be depicted, as a liar psycho or someone who is being manipulated. The latter seems pretty unlikely as I don't see any reason why she would whisper those things to Luffy and Nami.

Then why not just say she doesn't want to marry Sanji and her mother is forcing everyone hand? Big Mom is a tyrant that wants to get everything she wants, they should have some clue on how she acts already.

Her bring up Lola in that conversation and admiring her fits with this.

https://img.mangastream.com/cdn/manga/51/3852/007.png

Why would she need to flashback to Lola leaving if she acting nice is all an act or doesn't admire she left and got freedom? (especially when there's no straw hats around) or think about Big Mom telling her it's just best to follow her orders, if she was just evil all along.

Maybe she has a split personality due to her eye or powers, kind of like Launch. Oda is a fan of dragon ball after all.

Then why not just say she doesn't want to marry Sanji and her mother is forcing everyone hand? Big Mom is a tyrant that wants to get everything she wants, they should have some clue on how she acts already.

Her bring up Lola in that conversation and admiring her fits with this.

https://img.mangastream.com/cdn/manga/51/3852/007.png

Why would she need to flashback to Lola leaving if she acting nice is all an act or doesn't admire she left and got freedom? (especially when there's no straw hats around) or think about Big Mom telling her it's just best to follow her orders, if she was just evil all along.

Maybe she has a split personality due to her eye or powers, kind of like Launch. Oda is a fan of dragon ball after all.

Well, she wanted to gain their trust... making them believe she wants Sanji's well being was the best strategy. Making the sweetheart persona in love with him (aka Mary Sue), she gains their trust (which was pretty much succesful) and everyone believes that she wants Sanji's happiness in the end (which not only includes Sanji's but his friends), because she loves him. So, making them believe she has feelings for Sanji would grant her the trust that she won't do anything against him or his friends. With that, she managed to lure them into the trap. From the spoilers, it seems that making Sanji actually fall for her was also part of the plan, so making him believe she was helping his friends was also perfect to gain his trust.

Regarding Lola's flashback, it might be Oda's way to give her an excuse for redemption. We don't know what will happen but she might end up being portraited as a victim that was raised to be like that, and, deep inside, she wishes to be free like Lola. That or it's another red herring and Pudding was the one who told Big Mom about Lola.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom