• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

RomanceDawn

Ahhh yes! What comes around goes around. Like 6 or 7 years ago Luffy bust Jinbe out of jail now Jinbe is busting Luffy out of jail. That's Straw Hat material right there!

Damn man my boy..Them tears not being able to smoke made it even worse..Just hold on sanji.

Jinbe seems to be all in tact so what did he lose? Just life I'm assuming?

The memo memo fruit pretty cool more so cool on how it's used that's pretty brilliant

RomanceDawn

Damn man my boy..Them tears not being able to smoke made it even worse..Just hold on sanji.

Jinbe seems to be all in tact so what did he lose? Just life I'm assuming?

The memo memo fruit pretty cool more so cool on how it's used that's pretty brilliant

If the biased news paper was anything to go buy Jinbe refused the payment and didn't lose a thing. He might be like "eF it, lets just do this the pirate way."

It is sad seeing Sanji put down so much chapter after chapter but man it makes for a great story. To have such a long time cast member deal with things like this in such a long running series is fantastic for character development! Seeing his spirit broken certainly almost brings a tear to my eye but that just means the highs are going to be that much more impactful.

Of all the characters Oda could have gone and revolved a major portion of the story around I'm really glad it's Sanji.

Brook looks so good when he's angry! I'm almost afraid for him to use his abilities and release the souls from Prometheus & Bob. Big Mom obviously wants to keep him but boy if Brook were to put down those two, I feel head be beaten darn near to death. Also its been well over a year now can we please find out what Brook knows about the Vinsmokes or his potential history with them? After all this time he hasn't come into contact with a single one of them or their army yet.

If the biased news paper was anything to go buy Jinbe refused the payment and didn't lose a thing. He might be like "eF it, lets just do this the pirate way."

It is sad seeing Sanji put down so much chapter after chapter but man it makes for a great story. To have such a long time cast member deal with things like this in such a long running series is fantastic for character development! Seeing his spirit broken certainly almost brings a tear to my eye but that just means the highs are going to be that much more impactful.

Of all the characters Oda could have gone and revolved a major portion of the story around I'm really glad it's Sanji.

Brook looks so good when he's angry! I'm almost afraid for him to use his abilities and release the souls from Prometheus & Bob. Big Mom obviously wants to keep him but boy if Brook were to put down those two, I feel head be beaten darn near to death. Also its been well over a year now can we please find out what Brook knows about the Vinsmokes or his potential history with them? After all this time he hasn't come into contact with a single one of them or their army yet.
Before i respond in great detail to this thank you for not circlejerking.

Alright so I agree something like this was needed I figured after the timeskip the strawhat would be pretty set but to see one going thru this much turmoil and pain because of his past, because of what's happening now in the present it's heartbreaking but so awesome.

Jinbe hmmm so you think nothing was taken not even some years. They had to have made some agreement tho. He's walking around fine. Which is weird.

Brook I'm so so glad we didn't shift to him and he'd be down that's what I thought would happen so bless Oda. He looks so badass and perhaps even has a plan.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

Alright so I agree something like this was needed I figured after the timeskip the strawhat would be pretty set but to see one going thru this much turmoil and pain because of his past, because of what's happening now in the present it's heartbreaking but so awesome.

Jinbe hmmm so you think nothing was taken not even some years. They had to have made some agreement tho. He's walking around fine. Which is weird.

Brook I'm so so glad we didn't shift to him and he'd be down that's what I thought would happen so bless Oda. He looks so badass and perhaps even has a plan.

It's possible jumble lost nothing. The news around the island is that he backed out of the roulette game.

Brook isn't called the "Soul king" for nothing. It would have been a shame to see him down.

RomanceDawn

Hahaha, this One Piece community is weird, I'm not getting on that wagon.

As for Jinbe remember his requirement to leave was to pay a price. The news paper said the payment was too much so he backed off. I think that part of it was very real just portrayed in a way to make him loose favor with the locals. Chances are he landed on something really heavy like 1000 years and realized there was no way he could pay it. Though still a little irked at the idea that Jinbe wanted to leave Big Mom banned him from the castle, at least for a while.

Hahaha, this One Piece community is weird, I'm not getting on that wagon.

As for Jinbe remember his requirement to leave was to pay a price. The news paper said the payment was too much so he backed off. I think that part of it was very real just portrayed in a way to make him loose favor with the locals. Chances are he landed on something really heavy like 1000 years and realized there was no way he could pay it. Though still a little irked at the idea that Jinbe wanted to leave Big Mom banned him from the castle, at least for a while.
I totally forget about the newspaper. It called him a coward or something like that right.

Big One

Banned
Chapter was pretty fantastic this week. Pudding is a bitch but I absolutely love her personality so far. I also just noticed Jinbe has a Jolly Roger kimono on, which kind of implies he's ready to become a pirate again if there was any doubts about it.

I think Jinbe's reputation might've been destroyed by Big Mom. I did a bit of an analysis on the last chapter and the wheel landed on the head for Zepo when they took the 100 years of life away from him. The wheel has a Head (Life), a clown with a hat (????), a left leg, and a right leg. I think Jinbe might've landed on the clown and got his reputation ruined hence why the newspaper said he was a coward.

MCD

Lol Sanji. HAHAHAHA YEAR OF SANJI THEY SAID

Brooke is fighting a yonkou while Sanji is weeping for a whole year HAHAHA

Kain

Brook standing against mama was all kinds of awesome.

Now please, please, let Sanji go nuts, please.

And the last crew member appears, at last!

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Brook standing against mama was all kinds of awesome.

Now please, please, let Sanji go nuts, please.

And the last crew member appears, at last!
You know... it's been awhile since oda has done "enel face" before this chapter

So i think it's possible that if sanji does kick a women every one face will do it.

Chapter ends.

Brook is such a boss. He better not die before we get the sweet Brook/Laboon scene in 20 years.
Saw this on Twitter..Pretty sad

JCsthoD.jpg

Anyone else ready for the year of Pudding? Hopefully Oda is just as brutal.

This seems like a nail in the coffin for the double agent theory, Pudding is a fucking monster. Did she just fuck up Reiju for fun? Or did Reiju come to her? Anyway, seems like there's no way she's acting at this point.

Oda has done something amazing with Sanji I hope everyone here recognizes. CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. This has been a massive complaint I've had with this series but here we have Sanji broken down so bad there's no telling who he might become next. Wailing on Sanji is fine but Oda is doing this to make him stronger than aver.

Also, BROOOOK

RomanceDawn

I don't really get this he's getting focus,added backstory, development. He'll get his badass moment like any other time. I prefer what's happening now

For what ever reason people seem to wrongly assume that a year devoted to a character means they have to fight and win like crazy. This isn't like the Year of Luigi where he gets promoted by being in a ton of games in a single year. This is a single story where the conflict steadily revolves around a million different things and now its focusing on Sanji. How is that not an honor? Especially for a character that we more or less assumed we had all figured out?

Sometimes I see the jokes and I figure they are just jokes but then I realize oh some folks around here really don't see the value in all this emotional despair and development. But then all they ever liked were Sanji's feet in the first place so I guess I understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom