• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like Villain Pudding, seems forced to make people hate her. Now all his character is "Look how i am evil", really hope there's something behind this, but my worst fears about Oda making her a villain materialized.
She doesn't look like a good villain, she looks like a saturday morning villain.

I second this. Feels like it's going too hard on the "I am the Villain" aspect. That's why I'm still on team "Good Pudding". Otherwise, I'm going to be disappointed Oda went with such an obvious route with Pudding.

I made a Sanji suffering montage.

Ya killin' me, Veelk. Just you wait, Mr. Prince will come out on top.

I don't like Villain Pudding, seems forced to make people hate her. Now all his character is "Look how i am evil", really hope there's something behind this, but my worst fears about Oda making her a villain materialized.
She doesn't look like a good villain, she looks like a saturday morning villain.

An yes i am salty. I wanted Pudding to be a good character but now I have this.
Honestly, good Pudding was way forced to make people like her. The perfect Mary Sue character. Evil Pudding is something we never see before in One Piece. But of course, you don't have to agree with me and I believe it must sucks to have a character you were liking turned bad.

dan2026

Carrot is so awesome I am going to be really disappointed when/if she leaves after this arc.

It's nice to have a character who is funny, cute and happy go lucky.

Wow, great chapter.

Pudding is savage af. Fitting end to the year of sanji.

Also the panel of Brook against Big Mom is epic, Brook gained a lot of points for me in this chapter going alone against a Yonkou.

Acosta

Saw this on Twitter..Pretty sad

JCsthoD.jpg

Maaaaan, don't do this to me :_(

(It´s pretty good!)

Carrot is so awesome I am going to be really disappointed when/if she leaves after this arc.

It's nice to have a character who is funny, cute and happy go lucky.
And brave and adventurous and not afraid to go on the offensive. Only one to go and try Nd stop Randolf while nami and chopper ran like punks

Honestly, good Pudding was way forced to make people like her. The perfect Mary Sue character. Evil Pudding is something we never see before in One Piece. But of course, you don't have to agree with me and I believe it must sucks to have a character you were liking turned bad.

She's just as cartoonish as Wapol and Sanji's brothers.

It always felt like an obvious set up for Good Pudding to turn into Evil Pudding, so that's why I'm hoping for a double twist.

caliph95

An yes i am salty. I wanted Pudding to be a good character but now I have this.

Probably just me but i like Evil Pudding over good pudding because good pudding is bloody while Evil Pudding is at least entertaining.

NSESN

I am not criticizing making her bad, but i feel Oda exagerated with the chapter today, we already had the reveal last chapter, and today we had almost half a chapter reinforcing that she is evil.

caliph95

I am not criticizing making her bad, but i feel Oda exagerated with the chapter today, we already had the reveal last chapter, and today we had almost half a chapter reinforcing that she is evil.

Oda tends to do stuff exaggerate negative features to make character hateable so the readers will love seeing him getting kick in the face.

Ray Down

Banned

Yeah that bit was kind of redundant, aside from her power reveal.

This arc had some of the best panels in the entire series. That half spread of Brook standing up to Big Mom was goddamn amazing.

This is the best arc in a long, long time. It gets so much right

You're goddamn right it is.

Brook was fucking awesome in this chapter. Calling Big Mom a young lady and proceeding to fight her 1 on 1. Jinbe coming back with a punch like it was nothing (although I imagine as another poster said that he might have a peg-leg now).

This all the confirmation we need to know that Pudding is evil considering the two homies she is with acknowledge her evil nature and pretty much gloats over how she's going to kill Sanji. Her devil fruit seems kinda powerful when used right and I wonder if she's manipulated any of the Strawhats memories since their time being on the island.

Sanji better have the comeback of the ages for all this shit though.

She's just as cartoonish as Wapol and Sanji's brothers.

It always felt like an obvious set up for Good Pudding to turn into Evil Pudding, so that's why I'm hoping for a double twist.
She fooled almost everyone, there was plenty theories and hints that made the fandom try to discover her true nature and all, there is still the Lola's flashback which is pretty much suspicious. To me, she is in another level than the obvious cartoonish villains like Niji.

dan2026

Jinbe doesn't really serve any purpose on the crew proper.
What would he be? Just another strong straight man or something.
He doesn't really have any deep connection to the crew except for Luffy.

I suppose neither does Carrot, but she at least seems to play off the other crew members quite well.
Her interactions with them feel quite natural considering she has only been around for a couple of arcs.

I suppose neither does Carrot, but she at least seems to play off the other crew members quite well.
Her interactions with them feel quite natural considering she has only been around for a couple of arcs.
-Helmsman
-Neither did Robin, Chopper, and Sanji to start.

He's coming.

She can also be an emissary for the minks kind of how neko and Inu were on Rogers ship.

Ray Down

Banned

Helmsman and a combatant role (Having someone who can efficiently fight in water and grab people in water when your crew is nearly half DF users is useful).

To be fair Robin had no connection besides Luffy really, and besides we have seen scenes of Jinbei interacting with the strawhats in a comedic fasion and friendly fasion on Fishman Island with Nami and Sanji.

Carrot has no stated dream unlike Jinbei, a significant flashback like most members (Something Carrrot and Pedro lack) and even back in ID had hints of deeper stuff to his character or past unlike Carrot.

And at Sanji, its all for jokes all the stuff sucks for him atm and to him he loast any and all hope atm and this is buildup for when he finally breaks out of it and rises.

Or jumps from WC Castle

NSESN

And with Pudding powers being unfit for fights we also know that Sanji probably won't fight her. I really hope that Reiju fights her, i don't want yet another female antagonist getting one shot by Nami's Thunder.

Being optimistic for once I really liked Brook and Jimbe this episode. Really cool stands and entrances.

Clegg

The last few chapters have been Brooks best since Thriller Bark.

Jinbei joinging makes sense as they need another strong crewmate to take on Kaido and the other emperors. It's been stated so much that he will join the Strawhats that think it won't actually happen though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom