• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
He already is.

But for some reason we can't have both.
Dream scenario:
Carrot and chopper get everyone(excluding Brook and Pedro) into the mirror world jinbe says he officially wants to join if the offer still stands. He joins and Carrot all excited decides she wants to continue having adventures because it's so fun and naturally Luffy says yes BOOM two powerhouse crew mates obtained in Quick succession

Veelk

Banned
Here are flags for your fight for Nakama, soldiers.

Team Carrot
qr4K7Wn.png

Team Pudding

Team Jimbei

Nibel

I know. The bad guys lose in OP. The good guys win. It's a sad affair, but it's how it goes. But right now, things are bad for Sanji, and I ask you to allow me to enjoy these precious moments as long as they last.

I made a Sanji suffering montage.

I gotta say though: I love how the montage shows how Sanji goes from being portrayed as 'badass-esque' to "whiny man who got exposed by Scumbag Pudding"; I lowkey expected him to enter the room but he just broke down and left which is very untypical of OP I'd say

BTW, I don't think Jimbei will become a Nakama, just a friend of the crew who pops up now and then to help. Carrot probably has a bigger chance but won't make it either

RomanceDawn

I actually wouldn't mind Carrot in the crew though Luffy calling Zou an Island of Chopper's works against her a bit. Not to mention she has a very naive personality very much like Chopper. We'll see though, I don't think she has a great chance right now but there is tons of time for more development.

Jinbe doesn't really serve any purpose on the crew proper.
What would he be? Just another strong straight man or something.
He doesn't really have any deep connection to the crew except for Luffy.

I suppose neither does Carrot, but she at least seems to play off the other crew members quite well.
Her interactions with them feel quite natural considering she has only been around for a couple of arcs.

No purpose? Life guard, physical power house and we know he can steer ships unlike Luffy and Brook. We know Oda considers the Helmsman a valid position on the boat so maybe Brook and Luffy nearly destroying Sunny's steering wheel is a nod to Jinbe's future.

Also think about the mutual connection Luffy, Ace and Jinbe. Remember Ace asking Jinbe to take care of Luffy for him? Or when Luffy was emotionally wrecked after Ace's death. It was Jinbe who snapped him out of it and what a touching moment that was.

Then there is Nami. Remember the guilt Jinbe felt over not having dealt with Arlong? Remember how Jinbe cried when Nami completely forgave Jinbe and had no ill will towards Fishmen in general?

Jinbe's been a Straw Hat this entire time. Embrace the fatty fishman love...

RalchAC

I bet Carrots drawing is going to come out look goofy as hell.

It'll be an actual rabbit as a placeholder image.

She fooled almost everyone, there was plenty theories and hints that made the fandom try to discover her true nature and all, there is still the Lola's flashback which is pretty much suspicious. To me, she is in another level than the obvious cartoonish villains like Niji.

I hope he just tries to fuck up the wedding to try and escape while nobody is paying attention at her. I don't think she is Capone's ally, but maybe she's made a deal with him. He wouldn't say no to having a clone factory inside his body, after all.

Jinbe doesn't really serve any purpose on the crew proper.
What would he be? Just another strong straight man or something.
He doesn't really have any deep connection to the crew except for Luffy.

I suppose neither does Carrot, but she at least seems to play off the other crew members quite well.
Her interactions with them feel quite natural considering she has only been around for a couple of arcs.

Jinbei can be seen as a mentor or elder brother figure to Luffy. I think it's been shown that Luffy respects him and listens to him (to the degree Luffy is able to listen other people). Even before they had met, Jinbei was already a friend of both Ace and the Whitebeard Crew (which could become useful down the line).

He is the former captain of the Fishman Pirates and quite an important person for that race, so if there is a return to Fishman Island having him in the team would make the stakes even higher (and it could expand his back story).

He has a distinct silhoutte that can be easily recognised among the crew, and a fighting style that's unique and visually impressive (especially underwater).

In the end, we could get both Carrot and Jinbei. Roger had two minks in his crew after all. But, at this point, and considering that Luffy has already offered Jinbei to become part of the crew, the only reason why I can see him may not becoming a Strawhat is because he dies before the end of this arc. Which I don't think would happen. It's going to be hard enough for Luffy to not go all out against Big Mom as things are. If he dares to touch one of his crewmates, he'll go berserk.

Edit: And the blood transfusion scene, man. The feels. I need to rewatch Fishman Island arc. It's already been One-Paced, I think.

I gotta say though: I love how the montage shows how Sanji goes from being portrayed as 'badass-esque' to "whiny man who got exposed by Scumbag Pudding"; I lowkey expected him to enter the room but he just broke down and left which is very untypical of OP I'd say

BTW, I don't think Jimbei will become a Nakama, just a friend of the crew who pops up now and then to help. Carrot probably has a bigger chance but won't make it either
He already said he will join tho.

I think both Carrot and Jinbe are going to join. She's going to be the Cabin Girl of the crew, thus setting up her becoming the future Pirate Queen and/or Yonkou in the future.

SaniOYOYOY

luffy nami jinbe sanji, please kill everyone :( call back zoro, or summon your grand fleet, or ask dragon for help, anything :(

kill those germa and bigmom pirate fucker

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
(Re watching one piece during workouts and am up to dressrosa)

I want thses names explained

Portgas
Water

What do these bames have in common?
D always cause trouble along with portgas and law has water. My guess is that they are related to D

smurfx

get some go again
what if pudding removes the chivalry memories from sanji and he then helps fight big mom? this is of course after a failed rebellion or something.

(Re watching one piece during workouts and am up to dressrosa)

I want thses names explained

Portgas
Water

What do these bames have in common?
D always cause trouble along with portgas and law has water. My guess is that they are related to D
Law's real full name is a reference to the battle of trafalgar and the battle of Waterloo (water law is pronounced like waterloo in Japan), the battles where Napoleon suffered his biggest defeats

what if pudding removes the chivalry memories from sanji and he then helps fight big mom? this is of course after a failed rebellion or something.

Eh, I think it would have less of an impact. Sanji failing to light his cigarette was also pretty symbolic of his old self failing, I think he'll change on his own.

Ray Down

Banned
Eh, I think it would have less of an impact. Sanji failing to light his cigarette was also pretty symbolic of his old self failing, I think he'll change on his own.

I don't think that's what it's meant to mean though more so he completly broken and has no hope atm.

Can't even enjoy the smooth taste of a Winston cigarette

If they manage to KO Pudding, would people's memories be restored ala Sugar?

Possibly. Memories are something really precious to be permanently removed and toyed like that. I hope something could reverse all the shit Pudding might have done with her ability.

The question is, why would she do that? He would probably attack her, after that. In any case, I doubt it, since it is one of the fondest memories he has from Zeff, so that would be actually a bad thing. Sanji might break Zeff's rule but I don't think it would be done by a cheap trick, it should have the weight it deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom