• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Down

Banned
They'll pull a Naruto.
When the series is coming to a close, and they want to drag it out kicking and screaming, they'll animate the Cover Stories before the epilogue.

One Piece filler Arc, a retelling of Luffy journey through Puddings eye.

It would be far more entertaining than Tsunades one about Naruto.

smurfx

get some go again
I still don't get why people think that captains of other crews, not to mention she's their rival, a Supernova, is somehow going to end up joining their crew. At best, they'll work together towards a common goal. It's like people forget other people aside from the Straw Hats want to become Pirate King.
how is she even a rival anymore when she isn't a captain anymore? seems like she is on the run and just drifting from place to place. law looked like he wanted to become pirate king but seems content with just helping luffy become pirate king at this point.

Pedro is the only worthy crew member introduced this year
i think pedro definitely creates his pirate crew again and takes carrot and pekoms with him.

bjork

she could remove everything between when shanks leaves and then when luffy is standing over shanks' dead body

Principate

Saint Titanfall

Imagine the infinite mocking and ether it would supply. I can already see her pull the "I wanna live" face with soome backhanded comment

Pudding and Carot are the clear choices. Pedro is cool, but he wouldn't really add much to the crew I feel. We don't need another swordsman, and wackier characters work better than just adding another straight man to freak out at how weird everyone else is.

OMG

guys

okay, we talked about how great it'd be for Reiju to come along and have some kind of attraction to Zoro and how that'd piss off Sanji. But there is a better way.

What if it was Pudding who saw Zoro and wanted to ride his sword?

And Sanji had to deal with it on the ship. Have it be post wedding, so they are technically married, but she just spends her nights with Zoro.

Amazing. I would draw this myself if I could.

You've been reading too much NTR, Veelk.

Ray Down

Banned
Imagine the infinite mocking and ether it would supply. I can already see her pull the "I wanna live" face with soome backhanded comment

"I rather die then where that ugly getup up your wearing", or when Luffy is crying on AL she starts goating him calling him weak. Or hell when Ace dies she burst out laughing like Popo.

Pudding and Carot are the clear choices. Pedro is cool, but he wouldn't really add much to the crew I feel. We don't need another swordsman, and wackier characters work better than just adding another straight man to freak out at how weird everyone else is.

To be fair everyone is a straight man when it comes to Luffy.

LotusHD

Banned

He cool and all... but nah

how is she even a rival anymore when she isn't a captain anymore? seems like she is on the run and just drifting from place to place. law looked like he wanted to become pirate king but seems content with just helping luffy become pirate king at this point.

I mean, I don't know what's going with her currently due to Oda not focusing on her in awhile (or really ever), but there is no reason to suddenly think she has an actual chance at joining, barring her magically revealing herself as Big Mom's daughter and being at the wedding. And yes, she is still a rival and a captain, why would you think otherwise?

As for Law, considered all that's happened in Dressrosa, I wouldn't be surprised if he lowkey wants Luffy to become PK, but at the same time, the dude could obviously become a more appropriate rival for Luffy after Kaido is taken down. At any rate, I was more talking about Bonney and the rest of the supernovas, due to them not being remotely as friendly towards Luffy.

i think pedro definitely creates his pirate crew again and takes carrot and pekoms with him.

He better not -_-

LotusHD

Banned
To be fair everyone is a straight man when it comes to Luffy.

Not Carrot so far. But yea, Pedro is alright, and I like respect him and what not. But no, I don't see him as being a crew member, especially when Jinbe is literally right there in terms of being that straight man member....

LotusHD

Banned
Yeah. So far it looks like she just alters memories.
Unless she manages to edit memories in a way that her opponents can't harm her. Like "You can not attack Charlotte Pudding"

She could perhaps technically achieve this by making the target think Pudding is a close friend, family member, lover, etc. Assuming that isn't too complicated for her.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
She could perhaps technically achieve this by making the target think Pudding is a close friend, family member, lover, etc. Assuming that isn't too complicated for her.

Well if this guy could do it...

S2c0OU9.png

Ray Down

Banned
I really want this to happen now.

"Why are all you guys crying? Its just a boat, its head isn't even the right color"

"Really? Nearly dying because of a nose bleed...what a chump"

"What kinda of death is triping on the stairs with a sword?"

"I would have made that long nose guy drop to his knees and kiss my foot and beg forgiveness"

Acosta

I pumped my punch on the air at that last panel. This is the first time I am following the story in "real time" but I don't remember the crew suffering this much as this arc. Maybe the tension of the week after week is elevating the effect.

I am still wary of what he had to give to Mom... given we have not learnt anything in a eternity since that moment, I think is going to be a big deal.

LotusHD

Banned
"Why are all you guys crying? Its just a boat, its head isn't even the right color"

"Really? Nearly dying because of a nose bleed...what a chump"

"What kinda of death is triping on the stairs with a sword?"

"I would have made that long nose guy drop to his knees and kiss my foot and beg forgiveness"

LOL

"You want to live? Well, no one told you to go around learning how to read Poneglyphs"

"What kind of an idiot accidentally poisons their father anyways?" "By the way, your nose looks stupid"

LOL

"You want to live? Well, no one told you to go around learning how to read Poneglyphs"

"What kind of an idiot accidentally poisons their father anyways?" "By the way, your nose looks stupid"

"Why are you stabbing your arm, you dumb bitch? You should be stabbing your heart."

"People's dreams will never die? What a load of shit. I crush at least five people's dreams before breakfast."

"Of course you don't want to be seen as a hero. Who would want a loser like you as a hero, you little twerp?"

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I pumped my punch on the air at that last panel. This is the first time I am following the story in "real time" but I don't remember the crew suffering this much as this arc. Maybe the tension of the week after week is elevating the effect.

I am still wary of what he had to give to Mom... given we have not learnt anything in a eternity since that moment, I think is going to be a big deal.

Shit gets real dire during Water 7. That's probably still the peak of it. Robin vanishes, the crew is robbed of 200,000,000 berries, Merry is pronounced dead, Usopp mutinies and leaves the crew, CP9 attempts to assassinate Iceberg and it turns out Robin is the assassin, a tsunami hits because why not, etc. And that's all in the span of maybe, what, 10 episodes?

Shit gets real dire during Water 7. That's probably still the peak of it. Robin vanishes, the crew is robbed of 200,000,000 berries, Merry is pronounced dead, Usopp mutinies and leaves the crew, CP9 attempts to assassinate Iceberg and it turns out Robin is the assassin, a tsunami hits because why not, etc. And that's all in the span of maybe, what, 10 episodes?

Yeah, that'd be my pick, I think.

But it might just be because that was when I got caught up to the manga (shit, over 12 years ago...). It was crazy reading that weekly.

Acosta

Yeah, I was thinking exactly that after I wrote it. Certainly it was direst situation I can remember, but when I got into One Piece that arc was completed so I think that not needing to wait week after week toned down the effect.

Luffy loses his crew and watches his brother get murdered while giving up years of his life to save him while being outgunned and outmatched at every turn, WB is murdered like a dog, BB wrecks absolute havok. Water 7 has nothing on Sabaody/Marineford.

Luffy loses his crew and watches his brother get murdered while giving up years of his life to save him, WB is murdered like a dog, BB wrecks absolute havok. Water 7 has nothing on Sabaody/Marineford.

That's up there for sure, but it was also stretched out over a long period of time. There was a pretty big gap between the Sabaody stuff and then the end of Marineford. On the other hand, in Water 7 everything went to shit in like 20 chapters.

That's up there for sure, but it was also stretched out over a long period of time. There was a pretty big gap between the Sabaody stuff and then the end of Marineford. On the other hand, in Water 7 everything went to shit in like 20 chapters.

The takes place over a span of like 2 years, though (in real world time).

That's fair, but losing the crew is still the most harrowing moment in the series for me.

LotusHD

Banned
"Why are you stabbing your arm, you dumb bitch? You should be stabbing your heart."

"People's dreams will never die? What a load of shit. I crush at least five people's dreams before breakfast."

"Of course you don't want to be seen as a hero. Who would want a loser like you as a hero, you little twerp?"

"You are SUUUUPERRRR... annoying, get out of my face"

"That twerp with the long nose's lies don't compare to mine, just ask Sanji!"

Luffy loses his crew and watches his brother get murdered while giving up years of his life to save him while being outgunned and outmatched at every turn, WB is murdered like a dog, BB wrecks absolute havok. Water 7 has nothing on Sabaody/Marineford.

Eh, but that's mostly see through only Luffy's perspective. Not that the war and losing Ace wasn't bad, but their separation also allowed to become immensely stronger. But yea, in terms of singular moments, Kuma saying fuck this crew was definitely the most tragic moment when we first saw it happen.

Eh, but that's mostly see through only Luffy's perspective. Not that the war and losing Ace wasn't bad, but their separation also allowed to become immensely stronger. But yea, in terms of singular moments, Kuma saying fuck this crew was definitely the most tragic moment at the time.

And losing to the CP9 in the mansion made the crew stronger at EL. I'm not sure what your point is. Doesn't Luffy make up Gear Second on the spot to adapt to his new enemies that used tech he had never seen before and smashed his shit in with it?

LotusHD

Banned
And losing to the CP9 in the mansion made the crew stronger at EL. I'm not sure what your point is. Doesn't Luffy make up Gear Second on the spot to adapt to his new enemies that used tech he had never seen before and smashed his shit in with it?

We're talking about the crew's biggest moments of suffering right? Hence why I'm saying, while the war sucked and all, I wouldn't say it's the worst, assuming that's what is being argued, since that was primarily just Luffy's experience. Stuff like the aforementioned Water 7 arc would rank higher for me in that regard.

Ray Down

Banned
"Why are people crying over this old bastard, he doesn't even have a white beard! He's a living lie."

"I truly envy Zeff, I wish I could kick Sanji in the head."

"Why is Vivi screaming everyone stop fighting, the fighting is great, so bloody."

We're talking about the crew's biggest moments of suffering right? Hence why I'm saying, while the war sucked and all, I wouldn't say it's the worst, assuming that's what is being argued, since that was primarily just Luffy's experience. Stuff like the aforementioned Water 7 arc would rank higher for me in that regard.

Crew's biggest moment of suffering was the separation.
Nobody knew what was going on and what had happened to the others. Imagine getting separated from your friends and ending up in a strange location with no idea what the fate of the others are, and you couldn't do anything to stop it from happening.

Veelk

Banned
"Dumb whale must have given himself brain damage knocking his head against the mountain constantly if he thinks anyone would come back for him."

"Guy thinks he's god and is going to fry every person with lightning? My kinda guy!"

"This Hancock bitch ain't shit, was dumb enough to be a slave when she was a kid and now cries whenever someone sees her back."

Ray Down

Banned
"Why is Nami crying over her dead mom, I be crying tears of joy if someone killed mine."

"Sanji needs to accept that wanted poster for what it is, shows the world his ugly face."

"Dumb whale must have given himself brain damage knocking his head against the mountain constantly if he thinks anyone would come back for him."

"Guy thinks he's god and is going to fry every person with lightning? My kinda guy!"

"This Hancock bitch ain't shit, was dumb enough to be a slave when she was a kid and now cries whenever someone sees her back."

"She fell in love with Luffy? Hahahaha. That's even dumber than Sanji thinking that someone could ever fall in love with him."

"Why is Jinbe apologizing for Arlong's actions? He should be apologizing for not finishing the village off himself."

"Burning a flag? Well, I suppose that's all that loser is good for. It's not like he could ever win a fight against anyone."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom