• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

LotusHD

Banned
Yet can't handle Brulee.

Eh, let's not act as if Luffy wouldn't fall for the same shit or something similar. Carrot seems just as dumb/naive as he is, so I'm not surprised that she got sucked into that.

I am with you. But what we can do

Repent and join us on the other side.

Still think Evil Pudding is an act.

It's not an act. Even if she still does have some sort of ulterior motive, her actions make her morally grey at best. She evil bro

---

Also, I noticed that this was the first post for this thread:

Year of sanji!!

20161229140207ca6s.jpg

Veelk

Banned
I feel like I should point out that I don't really have much respect for OP character scheming.

I don't remember if this was truly the first example of a 'trick', but the earliest standout example was how Nami stabbed her own hand which somehow convinced Arlong that she stabbed Usopp. I can't make the exact face that I made when I first read it, but think about the "IAmDisappoint" guy and you got something close. You don't even have to pick that plan apart to see the holes in it, all it would really require is Arlong looking at her hand and realizing that it's bleeding. Or just waiting to make sure Usopp doesn't come up. Yet we were clearly supposed to be impressed at Nami's quick thinking. "She's the third smartest character of the East Blue" one SBS wrote.

OP schemes got slightly smarter, even if you could still poke holes in them, like the Marine's ploy to demoralize piracy by killing whitebeard or whatever, but that's the one I always remember. And it should be noted that 95% of One Piece plans fall apart. It's only really Blackbeard whose plans actually seem to work out in any meaningful sense, and their all that clever. Their usually just a matter of placing him at the right place and time.

I'm intrigued by the Big Mom Pirates being more intellectually driven, but I mean, we already have them throwing a bunch of Bond Villain Stupidity tropes through the ringer in this arc.

I'm just lucky that Sanji is currently the target of all the misery atm.

We NEED Pudding on the crew somehow and some way!
After humiliating Sanji like this? You guys better give up. She might get some redemption but Luffy won't ever accept her in his crew.

This is not a direct critic towards you but everyone who is aboard this idea. I'm actually surprised that this community is really "okay" with her behavior, like what she did isn't that bad. Is this just because you guys love trolling Sanji? To me, she joining the crew is like asking Arlong or Akainu to join.

She is a very interesting villain but the only thing she needs is a kick on her face. Sometimes the lack of empathy regarding Sanji is really sickening here and not funny.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pudding is a monster. But she can cook and the crew will soon be down one, so....

I love Sanji and feel terrible for him. This is his turning point. The Year of Sanji will never end.

I can't hate Pudding. I love to hate her! From her name to her design to her personality. That bitch is FIERCE and I like her!

Veelk where did you get the colored Pudding art?

LotusHD

Banned
Is this just because you guys love trolling Sanji?

I thought that was obvious. Furthermore, her actions, especially the hilarious faces she's made this chapter, have firmly cemented her a character I love to hate. Her being not just evil, but an evil dick, is why so many of us ended up liking her a lot more. I don't seriously want her to join, but picturing how she'd interact with the crew would just be a gold mine of humor.

Veelk

Banned
I can't hate Pudding. I love to hate her! From her name to her design to her personality. That bitch is FIERCE and I like her!

Veelk where did you get the colored Pudding art?

http://dicennio.tumblr.com/post/154880700673/during-the-wedding-tomorrowknow-that-we-plan-on

This one?

I usually just search google images or tumblr for this stuff. I'm actually surprised how little fan art there is of One Piece, other than fans coloring stuff in from the manga, and most of the original fan art is just fanservice.

I like it when people do minicomics with series characters, which MHA seems to have a lot of.

I thought that was obvious. Furthermore, her actions, especially the hilarious faces she's made this chapter, have firmly cemented her a character I love to hate. Her being not just evil, but an evil dick, is why so many of us ended up liking her a lot more.
Not that obvious because you can see above that people legit like her, despite the trolling. I like her as a villain but would never seriously consider her as a future member or believe in a redemption or an act after last chapter.

After humiliating Sanji like this? You guys better give up. She might get some redemption but Luffy won't ever accept her in his crew.

This is not a direct critic towards you but everyone who is aboard this idea. I'm actually surprised that this community is really "okay" with her behavior, like what she did isn't that bad. Is this just because you guys love trolling Sanji? To me, she joining the crew is like asking Arlong or Akainu to join.

She is a very interesting villain but the only thing she needs is a kick on her face. Sometimes the lack of empathy regarding Sanji is really sickening here and not funny.

I am not trolling Blackleg. I LOVE Pudding and she's so refreshing and I don't want to say goodbye. :(

http://dicennio.tumblr.com/post/154880700673/during-the-wedding-tomorrowknow-that-we-plan-on

This one?

I usually just search google images or tumblr for this stuff. I'm actually surprised how little fan art there is of One Piece, other than fans coloring stuff in from the manga, and most of the original fan art is just fanservice.

I like it when people do minicomics with series characters, which MHA seems to have a lot of.

Please post the image on the couch. I'm trying to save it to make it my phone bg but it's not working!

Veelk

Banned
Not that obvious because you can see above that people legit like her, despite the trolling. I like her as a villain but would never seriously consider her as a future member or believe in a redemption or an act after last chapter.

No one is actually thinking she has a shot of being Nakama. Or if she did, she'd basically have to shed what we like about her in the first place, her maliciousness, because the strawhats are one big saccharine mess who only bicker on a superficial level.

We know Pudding isn't actually going to be a straw hat. That'd be too interesting.

Edit: For Cindi

LotusHD

Banned

It's no act, and I too don't see her being redeemed. But I still legit like the character nonetheless, even without the trolling she did the his chapter.

As others have said, she's refreshing as fuck, so I also don't want to see her go anytime soon either. No one actually thinks she's going to join the crew lol
Unfortunately... ;D

Ray Down

Banned
It's no act, and I too don't see her being redeemed. But I still legit like the character nonetheless, even without the trolling she did the his chapter.

As others have said, she's refreshing as fuck, so I also don't want to see her go anytime soon either. No one actually thinks she's going to join the crew lol
Unfortunately... ;D
Hey speak for yourself.

No one is actually thinking she has a shot of being Nakama. Or if she did, she'd basically have to shed what we like about her in the first place, her maliciousness, because the strawhats are one big saccharine mess who only bicker on a superficial level.

We know Pudding isn't actually going to be a straw hat. That'd be too interesting.

Edit: For Cindi

Thanks!

LotusHD

Banned
Hey speak for yourself.

Okay nvm, most of us don't think she'll join the crew lol

Anyways, whether this all ends with Pudding getting her teeth kicked in or not, I'm glad she turned out to be evil.

Edit:

Hmm, now I guess I sorta understand how people who wanted Caesar to join feel. Sometimes it's just fun to shrug aside the blatant villainy, and just picture it lol

Veelk

Banned
Hmm, now I guess I sorta understand how people who wanted Caesar to join feel. Sometimes it's just fun to shrug aside the blatant villainy, and just picture it lol

I don't know if you do if you're shrugging off the villainy.

The villainy is the point.

"We need to save those people!"
"Or we can just let them burn! It'd be funny!"

No. She didn't.

Maybe the door could have warned Pudding? Think that's one of the theories going on right now. She's acting it up so that if something ends up happening to her during their escape he won't feel remorse.

Then again she'd probably be protected by Big Mom if she's in on it so idk

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Maybe the door could have warned Pudding? Think that's one of the theories going on right now. She's acting it up so that if something ends up happening to her during their escape he won't feel remorse.

All the door knows is sanjo stopped by

The door didn't know he was thinking the balcony

Pudding on the crew would be funny just because of how malicious she is. It would be hilarious to have the Strawhats being all serious and doing their normal things, but whenever they'd meet people in trouble, Pudding would just make funny faces and mock the people who wanted help.

I mean, it won't happen mostly because we don't live in such a just world, but that's what people want.

That wouldn't explain why she said that stuff to Luffy and Nami before Sanji was even coming over. Or what the point of what she was doing with Reiju was before Sanji happened to come along.

There's no actual way to get any sort of "it's all just an act" story going.

LotusHD

Banned
I don't know if you do if you're shrugging off the villainy.

The villainy is the point.

"We need to save those people!"
"Or we can just let them burn! It'd be funny!"

Well to clarify, now that I recall it more clearly, some of those people seriously wanted Caesar to join. They see him being with the Straw Hat crew for an extended period of time, him being relatively humorous, and genuinely think it has a chance of happening, despite it being made explicit that Luffy hates people like Caesar. Where it's not so much about how potentially hilarious his inclusion would be despite him being evil, but that he's a useful scientist and what not, so the crew should find a way to genuinely forgive him, basically get over his atrocities, and add him to the crew.

Whereas with Pudding, most (Well I say most, but I only frequent like two places to talk about One Piece lol) seem to acknowledge that she obviously won't join (Other than maybe those seriously expecting it to be another act, or her getting a redemption arc), including us, but we're having fun picturing how it'd go down, how she'd interact with everyone, etc. I haven 't seen as many people really do that with Caesar, but if that is indeed where they're coming from, I now have a better understanding of their perspective due to how awesome Pudding is.

Well to clarify, now that I recall it more clearly, some of those people seriously wanted Caesar to join. They see him being with the Straw Hat crew for an extended period of time, him being relatively humorous, and genuinely think it has a chance of happening, despite it being made explicit that Luffy hates people like Caesar. Where it's not so much about how potentially hilarious his inclusion would be despite him being evil, but that he's a useful scientist and what not, so the crew should find a way to genuinely forgive him, basically get over his atrocities, and add him to the crew.

Whereas with Pudding, most (Well I say most, but I only frequent like two places to talk about One Piece lol) seem to acknowledge that she obviously won't join (Other than maybe those seriously expecting it to be another act, or her getting a redemption arc), including us, but we're having fun picturing how it'd go down, how she'd interact with everyone, etc. I haven 't seen as many people really do that with Caesar, but if that is indeed where they're coming from, I now have a better understanding of their perspective due to how awesome Pudding is.

Caesar poisoned little kids. I never wanted him on the crew, he's gross. Pudding is nothing like Caesar. Take that back!

Something something Nico Robin.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
It would be interesting if all of this evil pudding stuff is a misdirection, and we are seeing the memories pudding implanted in the straw hats to make them hate her and abandon her while rescuing Sanji.

LotusHD

Banned
Something something Nico Robin.

Eh to be fair, what's the worst thing Nico Robin did to the crew before joining them after Alabasta? I genuinely don't remember, outside of her probably antagonizing Vivi or something. She even saved Luffy's life as well. Unless you're including Water 7/Enies Lobby as well.

It would be interesting if all of this evil pudding stuff is a misdirection, and we are seeing the memories pudding implanted in the straw hats to make them hate her and abandon her while rescuing Sanji.

Impossible as far as I can tell. Her powers are pretty damn visible, so I don't know how she'd possibly influence their memories without anyone (including the readers) knowing or at least feeling something's off.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Yeah robin's assassination of Igaram was all she did (and that was fake). Otherwise, she was simply crocodile's right hand.

Are we to assume Dragon is invading the Reverie going by the four notebooks Oda posted years ago? The photo included notebooks labeled Zou, Big Mom, revolutionary army, and gear 4.

Ray Down

Banned
Caeser is completely irredeemable he is basically the Dio Brando of the verse with poisoning children willingly, smart, taking joy in the devastation and destruction his weapons cause, wishing for escape, this is needed for scenes to be funny.

Nobody likes him he has to be forced to do the right thing otherwise he dies, he takes no pleasure making the cure even though people thank him. He thought he developed a relationship with the strawhats and was completely shocked they were gonna just give him up, he blushed and was bashful on the ship when they were talking about smile, hes tricked into coming out of hiding with a lie and thought Sanji would kick him out with the others as Sanji put a gun to his head.

Even asking Sanji for his heart, he just gives it to Vito/BM and now he is forced to try and create a drug he was always meant to make (he didn't and just spent his research money on woman) or else he dies.

It because of his characterization that now that he is being abused and all he thinks is woe is me I have to get out of this is what I find funny, I mean it would be funny if Dio was in the same situation.

Plus Nakao brings alot of life be providing his voice.

Yeah robin's assassination of Igaram was all she did (and that was fake). Otherwise, she was simply crocodile's right hand.

Didn't she attack Tashigi and a bunch of Marines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom