• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

LotusHD

Banned
Crew's biggest moment of suffering was the separation.
Nobody knew what was going on and what had happened to the others. Imagine getting separated from your friends and ending up in a strange location with no idea what the fate of the others are, and you couldn't do anything to stop it from happening.

I'm talking about Marineford though. Probably should've clarified, but I dont think it is necessarily fair to bunch up Saobody and Marineford as this one big thing, especially considering both Amazon Lily and Impel Down happen in between that.

I already said that the separation was the biggest singular moment.

Ray Down

Banned
When Carrot is revealed to be traitor you guys will react just like Sanji

Like this?

untitled-1f5spe.png

We're talking about the crew's biggest moments of suffering right? Hence why I'm saying, while the war sucked and all, I wouldn't say it's the worst, assuming that's what is being argued, since that was primarily just Luffy's experience. Stuff like the aforementioned Water 7 arc would rank higher for me in that regard.

I just don't see how the separation isn't the obvious answer here. When their captain saw his brother murdered in his very eyes, they weren't there for him. They knew how low he must have been. And there was nothing they could do.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Luffy loses his crew and watches his brother get murdered while giving up years of his life to save him while being outgunned and outmatched at every turn, WB is murdered like a dog, BB wrecks absolute havok. Water 7 has nothing on Sabaody/Marineford.

It's worse than that, Luffy breaks out the most dangerous criminals in the world including scumbags he helped put in there, leaves his friend (Bon Clay) behind to what seems like to him certain death, sacrifices years of his lifespan and rush through battle with the most powerful forces in the world for the priviledge of watching his brother die in his hands. His mind litterally breaks due to the accumulated stress. WB also get's gangbanged BB rag tag group of people Luffy helped free.

Nothing productive was achieved during the escapade. He would have been litterally better off not bothering if not for the fact he got his shit kicked in so badly he realised he was in no shape remotely to progress on his journey.

I just don't see how the separation isn't the obvious answer here.

I think it's more that the separation was a single event over two chapters. It's probably the single biggest event, but it was also fairly singular. A few chapters after that we were off on Luffy's Amazon Lily story.

The Water Seven stuff was different because it was like 20 straight chapters of things getting progressively worse and worse. Same for this arc right now.

Nothing individually compares to the crew getting separated, but as far as the most prolonged instances of suffering for the characters, they come out ahead.

Veelk

Banned
Ace: … do you think… I should have really been born?
Pudding: No. Also, you were in the womb for like 2, you should have been stillborn or atleast have some major defects.

*Luffy makes his stupid agony face when Ace dies*
*Pudding grabs Ace's fallen anal beads off the ground and plays a game tossing them in Luffy's open mouth*

*at the Whitebeard and Ace Grave scene where everyone is mourning*
Pudding: They were nazi's, you know. Had swastikas on their back and everything.

LotusHD

Banned
It's worse than that, Luffy breaks out the most dangerous criminals in the world including scumbags he helped put in there, leaves his friend (Bon Clay) behind to what seems like to him certain death, sacrifices years of his lifespan and rush through battle with the most powerful forces in the world for the priviledge of watching his brother die in his hands. His mind litterally breaks due to the accumulated stress. WB also get's gangbanged BB rag tag group of people Luffy helped free.

Nothing productive was achieved during the escapade. He would have been litterally better off not bothering if not for the fact he got his shit kicked in so badly he realised he was in no shape remotely to progress on his journey.

Incorrect. Luffy taught Hancock how to love again. ;D

Jinbe was freed. ;D

Buggy and Crocodile was freed. ;D (YMMV)

I think it's more that the separation was a single event over two chapters. It's probably the single biggest event, but it was also fairly singular. A few chapters after that we were off on Luffy's Amazon Lily story.

The Water Seven stuff was different because it was like 20 straight chapters of things getting progressively worse and worse. Same for this arc right now.

Nothing individually compares to the crew getting separated, but as far as the most prolonged instances of suffering for the characters, they come out ahead.

Sure enough, but the crew always comes out ahead in the end, don't they?

smurfx

get some go again
pudding is going to kill carrot and make a carrot cake for sanji to apologize to him. wonder what kind of face he will make when he finds out.

RalchAC

For who? She erased Reiju's memory of the whole thing, and she had no clue Sanji was outside.

She may not be helping her mother, she may want to scape, but that doesn't turn her into a good person. She may just be a sadistic person that loves to be in the spotlight and see other people's reactions. That kind of personality would suit her fruit, TBH.

And she doesn't give a crap about Sanji. That's for sure.

Unless she did know, told the guard so that Sanji would go around back and spy on her and is playing 99th dimensional superchess

Or she has observation Haki, knows that Sanji is there but doesn't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom