• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veelk

Banned
Let's be honest. Robin was perfectly fine with Crocoboy getting away with bombing Alabasta's square as long as she got to read the Poneglyph.

You say that as if a bomb held some kind of threat of bodily harm.

One of the most annoying things about OP is remembering that no matter what the villain pulls, he'll scruff the clothes of the onscreen characters at best, even minor ones.

It's why I just don't really care about so many atrocities in the OP world. Like, most recently, jack mutilated the head cat and dog of zou and the next day after the battle they were partying it up without a care in the world.

So while Jack attempted to inflict harm on a monsterous scale, even where he successfully inflicted damage, it's like....whatever. They'll always walk it off.

So yeah, it's kind of easy to just shrug off the fact that Robin was complicit in the atrocities that Crocodile commits when we never see the actual suffering except a few body wounds that heal the next day.

LotusHD

Banned
Let's be honest. Robin was perfectly fine with Crocoboy getting away with bombing Alabasta's square as long as she got to read the Poneglyph.

Well yea probably, but I thought the "theme" in question here was potential crew members that have personally wronged the Straw Hats. We all know why Arlong, Akainu, Caesar and now Pudding could never join under any circumstances. And while we likely felt similarly about Robin when we first met her due to her being an antagonist, in hindsight, she didn't really do anything to them as far as I can remember, and saved Luffy's life as well. So with that being said, I didn't have any issues with her joining outside of thinking it was just weird as fuck at the time, which is why I didn't really get why Robin was put forth as a response to begin with.

---

Ha, I just remembered one of Sanji's attacks is Hell Memories. That's amusing.

Well yea probably, but I thought the "theme" in question here was potential crew members that have personally wronged the Straw Hats. We all know why Arlong, Akainu, Caesar and now Pudding could never join under any circumstances. And while we likely felt similarly about Robin when we first met her due to her being an antagonist, in hindsight, she didn't really do anything to them as far as I can remember, and saved Luffy's life as well. So with that being said, I didn't have any issues with her joining outside of thinking it was just weird as fuck at the time, which is why I didn't really get why Robin was put forth as a response to begin with.

---

Ha, I just remembered one of Sanji's attacks is Hell Memories. That's amusing.

Franky's guys beat up Usopp and then stole all their berries. Not every Strawhat is clean. Nami stole Merry! Robin tried to kill Iceberg AND betrayed them. Usopp fought with Luffy!

Anteater

lmao, guess there were no plans to help Sanji using Reiju now the memory ability is revealed.

Damn the fucking cliffhanger with Brook, I was hoping Oda will return to his part for the last page.

Man I can't wait to see the outcome between Brook and Big Mom. Year of the brook is finally here.

It almost looks like from Sanji's face the dude is going to get traumatized by Pudding and never flirt with another woman again lmao

LotusHD

Banned
Franky's guys beat up Usopp and then stole all their berries. Not every Strawhat is clean. Nami stole Merry! Robin tried to kill Iceberg AND betrayed them. Usopp fought with Luffy!

That's true, I was focusing on Robin (in Alabasta), but I forgot the others have pulled their own stunts.

Yeah, honestly when Water 7 started, I never in a million years thought Franky would join the crew. He was the two bit thug who stole from the crew, beat Usopp up, and basically ruined everything for them.

Ray Down

Banned
For the Franky bit, his gang which he was boss of beat the shit out of Usopp, stole merry money, he later fought Luffy for a bit for revenge then kidnapped Usopp hoping to goat luffy into coming for a rematch.

@Kuwabara

People thought Paulie would join since he showed to help and had a devil fruit.

The arc hasn't ended tbh. As been said, Robin was ok with all the crocodile shit and directly antagonized a recognized crew member (Vivi) and that entire country. Tried to kill igaram and pell, etc.

She saved luffy, but that was after reading the poneglyph. If crocodile actually poisoned luffy before (or killed him, remember the desert scene) maybe she wouldn't have tbh. And also we haven't really seen the extent of Pudding's character and actions, the arc hasn't ended.

She's definitely not in Caesar's level of malicious intents. After all, she just damaged reiju, an antagonist of this arc.

Yeah, honestly when Water 7 started, I never in a million years thought Franky would join the crew. He was the two bit thug who stole from the crew, beat Usopp up, and basically ruined everything for them.

I remember during the time everyone was rooting for Polly joining. Instead it was the dude whose goons beat up Usopp and stole the money.

LotusHD

Banned
For the Franky bit, his gang which he was boss of beat the shit out of Usopp, stole merry money, he later fought Luffy for a bit for revenge then kidnapped Usopp hoping to goat luffy into coming for a rematch.

@Kuwabara

People thought Paulie would join since he showed to help and had a devil fruit.

Paulie doesn't have a Devil Fruit. Back during that arc, I was binging through the entire anime, so that probably helped to make me never really consider Paulie as a potential member, so it's funny to me that apparently he was a big deal back then. Hell, I probably spoiled myself that Franky and Brook were joining by that point.

The arc hasn't ended tbh. As been said, Robin was ok with all the crocodile shit and directly antagonized a recognized crew member (Vivi) and that entire country. Tried to kill igaram and pell, etc.

She saved luffy, but that was after reading the poneglyph. If crocodile actually poisoned luffy before (or killed him, remember the desert scene) maybe she wouldn't have tbh. And also we haven't really seen the extent of Pudding's character and actions, the arc hasn't ended.

She's definitely not in Caesar's level of malicious intents. After all, she just damaged reiju, an antagonist of this arc.

Meh, all I know is, while she isn't on Caesar's level, what she did to Sanji is fucked up nonetheless. I love her as a character and all, but I don't see Oda redeeming her within the context of the story. But yea, anything's possible I guess...

Ray Down

Banned
The whole wedding is gonna be like this:
giphy.gif

Honestly there still alot to this arc left and things can go any which way.

We are still missing key players like Capone and Pekoms, also where the hell did Pound go too?

Ray Down

Banned
Paulie doesn't have a Devil Fruit. Back during that arc, I was binging through the entire anime, so that probably helped to make me never really consider Paulie as a potential member, so it's funny to me that apparently he was a big deal back then. Hell, I probably spoiled myself that Franky and Brook were joining by that point.

I always forget his rope shit isn't a devil fruit, I always have it in my head cause so many people thought he did.

I predict this arc is 3/4 done.

Let's take predictions on what will happen at the wedding!

IMO the Wedding HAS to go as planned, just way too much hype for it. Also the Tamate Box will definitely be opened as well. In order for this to happen

-Brook has to get away from Big Mom/Brook is defeated and captured, but manages to somehow keep the Poneglyph sketches/Brook performs music at the wedding
-Pedro defeats Tamago and gets away/Pedro is killed
-Jinbei takes Luffy and Nami away from the castle so they can plan their re-entry
-Sanji proceeds as planned to get married :( / Sanji becomes Mr. Prince and plans to get away or cut all ties during the wedding

Basically, the Strawhats have to be removed from the scenario for things to go ahead. I think the more likely thing is Chopper scooping everyone into the Mirror World so they can all come together and plan what to do next. I think this will also depend heavily on what Sanji wants to do next. If they can't locate him or he just gives up, then the wedding will proceed and the crew will have to save him and convince him to come back. Luffy also has to "eat" Sanji's food which I think will happen without Sanji actually giving it to them. In 851 Sanji leaves the flowers outside but not the food, so I think the crew will discover the food and see how it's tailored for them with their favourites which will pump them up (Sanji is thinking of us deep down etc etc).

My crazy prediction is that Chopper and Carrot will accidentally find one or more of the Vinsmoke brothers since the mirrors will believe they look like Sanji. If this happens it'll probably be Yonji since he's arguably the weakest and we're already comfortable with him getting beat. From there, they'll get Brulee to use her mirror powers and transform one of them into Yonji (and perhaps the rest Germa soldiers) so they can infilatre the wedding.

As for the actual wedding...the box is gonna explode for sure, but I think a lot of things are going to happen at once. If Mont D'or is knocked out, then presumably all the beasties in the books go loose. I'm also wondering if Pudding is knocked out then the memories of people altered return to normal, which would fuck things up even more. Either way, the box exploding is probably enough enrage Big Mom to go on a rampage. The question now is whether the Vinsmokes will retaliate or flee, which I suppose will depend on Pudding's actions coming to light and how much they care about Reiju.

Unaccounted:
-Caesar Clown, probably building some gas shit to explode so he can get away
-Capone, probably banking on everyone fighting each other

Wow, that ended up being longer than I thought lmao. I just can't seem to predict what will happen after any of these events. Either the Strawhats stay and fight or they get the fuck out, but there has to be come kind of closure with Big Mom and the Vinsmokes on top of Sanji's relationship with both parties. I doubt they'll just run away and high five each other.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
During water 7, I think the fandom was split between Paulie, Kaku, and Iceberg, in that order. No one expected Franky to be the new member. They thought he would be the villain

Ogodei

Robin also sabotaged Croc's operation. Not that i think she was doing so benevolently, but she was only interested in staying alive, and playing the Straw Hats against Crocodile was certainly a part of that.

It's definitely a part of her past that gets overlooked. Franky was "just" rough and tumble, a boss among thugs who probably only fought other lowlifes (like Usopp and the Straw Hats). Robin was working with a group trying to destroy an entire country.

One of those things that's left to the handful of non-insane fanfic authors out there to examine if she bears any guilt over that.

LotusHD

Banned
The whole wedding is gonna be like this:
giphy.gif

Honestly there still alot to this arc left and things can go any which way.

We are still missing key players like Capone and Pekoms, also where the hell did Pound go too?

Heh, reminded me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZjK5n0WnKE

I feel like a One Piece arc hasn't had this many pieces/plot points in it in a long time. Probably am wrong, but it sure feels like a shit load more stuff is going on in this arc compared to previous ones.

We still haven't even seen the bomb explode! Or know the Vinsmokes' powers! And so much other shit.

I predict this arc is 3/4 done.

Let's take predictions on what will happen at the wedding!

I get so tired of predicting (Plus I suck at it in general), because Oda is just way too unpredictable for me. And this arc in particular has way too much going on.

But here goes:

I'mma just skip straight to the wedding itself. I also doubt Pudding is going to get her teeth kicked in by Sanji, so I'll keep it very simple and say the gist of it:

We're at the wedding. Brook has been captured. Pudding is at the altar. Sanji is "late". Big Mom sends her crewmates/guards to check on him. She's impatient, opens the gifts early, including the treasure. It explodes. Shenanigans ensue. The End.

I'll maybe come up with a more comprehensive one later.
Probably not, or at least I won't post it lol

Alternatively, if I think of it in terms of who is the most likely to crash the wedding first, it'd probably be Pekoms.

Predictions:

Jimbei bails out Nami and Luffy and takes them to the field they were at before but not before Chopper and Carrot catch up to them along with Brook whom they rescued on the way.

Sanji comes out to the field with the food for Nami and Luffy.

Chopper tends to Luffy's wounds and they all come up with a plan with the new information that Pusding spat out.

Pedro remains missing or gets caught, I'm not sure.

The next morning they proceed with the wedding like normal. Pudding tries to shoot Sanji, and he blocks it with Haki. Right after, the bomb explodes and creates absolute chaos.

Predictions:

Jimbei bails out Nami and Luffy and takes them to the field they were at before but not before Chopper and Carrot catch up to them along with Brook whom they rescued on the way.

Sanji comes out to the field with the food for Nami and Luffy.

Chopper tends to Luffy's wounds and they all come up with a plan with the new information that Pusding spat out.

Pedro remains missing or gets caught, I'm not sure.

The next morning they proceed with the wedding like normal. Pudding tries to shoot Sanji, and he blocks it with Haki. Right after, the bomb explodes and creates absolute chaos.
I reallly like this. It would be cool if they return to the field and Sanji is already there waiting.

Daingurse

Brook facing down Big Mom is just plain badass. The balls on this skeleton!

I also am really wonder what Jinbei lost from Big Mom's roulette . . . Didn't notice any missing limbs or anything lol.

Continuing, there's no way Brook manages to actually beat Big Mom. He'll hold his ground unable to complete the copy transfer. When Chopper and Carrot come to bail him out they have to let the copy go for now.

During the chaos that the bomb creates. Brook goes to finish the copy and fights Smoothie.

I can't predict anything else lol. Maybe Vinsmokes and Strawhats temporarily team up? Maybe Luffy cuts off Sanji's handcuffs? Or maybe the Vinsmokes do after they realize Big Mom swindled them? I expect Luffy and co to destroy the lab in the mean time during the wedding though. The Vinsmokes are now the wild cards as is Bege.

Saw this on reddit, but what if Pudding isn't even Big Mom's daughter? What if she's a plant by Capone as a child? With Pudding's devil fruit we might be in for some fuckery-like plot twists.

Ray Down

Banned
Saw this on reddit, but what if Pudding isn't even Big Mom's daughter? What if she's a plant by Capone as a child? With Pudding's devil fruit we might be in for some fuckery-like plot twists.

This arc will have more swerves and twists then Code Geass R2.

But seriously where is that box.

Jesus I forgot Capone is way old.

Someone on Reddit said Pudding could be the one pulling the strings all along. She could have replaced Mom's memories of Lola to make her hate her so she could be the favorite and all sorts of fuckery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom