• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Down

Banned
I was all aboard the sanji vs burgess train after marineford yea. Sabo however humiliated the man so I want Sanji to get fresh meat. Unless of course as you say they all get devil fruits which would cause an increase in power given the ability and time to master it

Sanji will get Sabo's sloppy seconds and like it.

Veelk

Banned
I half assed this one but oh well

bU0CBI4.jpg

Also this is cool

I was all aboard the sanji vs burgess train after marineford yea. Sabo however humiliated the man so I want Sanji to get fresh meat.

Same. Unless Burgess makes a huge comeback against someone of worth, I'd rather Sanji fight someone new, like Vasco Shot or Avalo Pizarro (who I just noticed is wearing Beasts Pirate regalia).

Big One

Banned
Here's my prediction for the Blackbeard matchups:

Luffy vs. Blackbeard
Zoro vs. Shillew
Usoop vs. Van Auger
Sanji vs. Vasco Shot
Nami vs Catrina Devon
Chopper vs. Doc Q
Robin vs. Avallo Pizzaro
Franky vs. Jesus Burgess
Brook vs. Lafiette
Jinbe vs. Sanjuan Wolf

I really don't think Sanji will be getting Burgess.

Veelk

Banned
Wano baby!!

Zoro: hey guys, whats up. I mostly have everything here under control in Wano, just need Luffy to take out Kaido. I guessing Sanji was the same once you got to him, anything less than emperor class, he should handle. Oh, btw, I want you to meet someone. This is Wai Fu, she is a princess here and we kinda fell in love. She's beautiful, kind, and is hiding no dark and nefarious intentions. I've also gained the respect and admiration of the locals. Oh, and you wouldn't believe it. I didn't mention them to you yet, but I actually just got a letter from my family. It was pretty heartfelt about how proud they were and how much they loved me. Weird how they knew to send it to Wano, but hey. Anyway, enough about me, how's Sanji? I give him shit, but I'm sure he's had as much good fortune as I had.

LotusHD

Banned
Zoro: hey guys, whats up. I mostly have everything here under control in Wano, just need Luffy to take out Kaido. I guessing Sanji was the same once you got to him, anything less than emperor class, he should handle. Oh, btw, I want you to meet someone. This is Wai Fu, she is a princess here and we kinda fell in love. She's beautiful, kind, and is hiding no dark and nefarious intentions. I've also gained the respect and admiration of the locals. But enough about me, how's Sanji? I give him shit, but I'm sure he's had as much good fortune as I had.

Please...

Zoro is going to make it weird and bring back Tashigi instead.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
2016 was the Year of Pudding all along.

2017 is the real Year of Sanji. He's gonna take those L's and throw 'em back like a boomerang.

Ogodei

Here's my prediction for the Blackbeard matchups:

Luffy vs. Blackbeard
Zoro vs. Shillew
Usoop vs. Van Auger
Sanji vs. Vasco Shot
Nami vs Catrina Devon
Chopper vs. Doc Q
Robin vs. Avallo Pizzaro
Franky vs. Jesus Burgess
Brook vs. Lafiette
Jinbe vs. Sanjuan Wolf

I really don't think Sanji will be getting Burgess.

Sanjuan Wolf was part of the reason why i thought Shirahoshi was going to join, if Blackbeard's crew was meant to be a dark mirror of the Straw Hats, then the Straw Hats needed a giant of some kind.

Sanjuan Wolf was part of the reason why i thought Shirahoshi was going to join, if Blackbeard's crew was meant to be a dark mirror of the Straw Hats, then the Straw Hats needed a giant of some kind.

No need, because at the end of the series, Franky is going to turn the Thousand Sunny into a transformer, which will take on Sanjuan Wolf.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
In my mind I feel like the Strawhats will take down Sanjuan together in some mega combo attack like when they took on Oars.

I've been thinking about the possibility that Pudding might have been the "runaway bride" in the crucial wedding, not Lola.
For reasons yet unknown, Lola was allowed to search for a husband of her own choosing.
And since she is absent from Totland, Pudding edited Big Mom, and most likely her siblings', memories of the engagement to shift the blame onto Lola.
Pudding was probably forced into a marriage she didn't want a part of.

The pieces start to come together when you factor in the Memo Memo Fruit and the contradicting images of Big Mom and Lola's relationship revealed in this arc.

I checked Reddit and they hate Pudding-sama and I can't believe this shit and yeah she's treating Sanji dirty but how can you hate hate her? Instead of getting on your knees in sheer trembling adulation? I need to know if the rest of the fanbase is captivated by our one true queen but if reddit is to go by....

caliph95

Besides circular discussions and regurgitated theories that make my head hurt, it's alright.

That is every fiction Reddit thread at least most of them. The fun ones shitpost during breaks. It's kinda way i only go on tv Reddit for episode discussions though av club has better discussion in it's comment thread.

Veelk

Banned
So I just found this on TV tropes:

Sanji is a foil to Donquixote Doflamingo. To wit:

Both came from wealthy backgrounds, with Doffy being a former World Noble and Sanji being the third son of the Vinsmoke family, a royal family of Underworld assassins and commanders of Germa 66 whose power and affluence are almost on par with the World Nobles.

Both left their cushy lifestyles at a young age, but Sanji did it willingly because his relatives are criminal assassins and because said relatives (save for Reiju and Sanji's deceased mother) were abusive assholes. Meanwhile, Doffy had to discard his title as a World Noble because his father wanted him to learn how to live among the commoners their neighbors so often mistreated, which Doffy never quite got over even as an adult and has been trying to be accepted back into Mariejois ever since.

Both are very formidable fighters, but Sanji is a physical fighter whose kicks are aided by Haki. Meanwhile, Doffy is a Devil Fruit user who, while no slouch in direct combat himself, tends to heavily rely on his powers.

Both have a talent at being The Chessmaster, but Sanji uses his talents to help people, while Doffy's entire career lies in using people like puppets (literally and figuratively) and even caused an entire kingdom to suffer for it.

Both Sanji and Doffy hate their fathers, but Sanji has a legitimate reason because Vinsmoke Judge is a brutish man and abusive parent who believes in Might Makes Right and conquered the North Blue just to demonstrate his family's strength and power. Meanwhile, Doffy's father was kind and well-meaning, but his idea of making his family leave the World Nobles to live among the commoners made Doffy lash out like a brat who was denied his allowance and kill him (though it's implied the death of Doffy's mother, as well as his father's naivete, provided motivation as well).

Both have antagonistic relationships with their siblings. Sanji's older and younger fraternal quadruplet brothers are assholes who bullied him for being a weak waste of space. Doffy's brother Rocinante opposed him because he believed his sibling was "evil to the core".

Finally, Sanji and Doffy's personalities are basically inversions of each other. Sanji is a Jerk with a Heart of Gold who genuinely loves his friends no matter how much he argues with them, and is a compassionate, Princely Young Man underneath his abrasive, harsh exterior. Meanwhile, Doffy's kindness, charisma, and father-like treatment of his pirate crew hides the insane, entitled, sadistic, prideful scumbag who psychologically manipulates his "family" into serving as his tools and won't hesitate to discard them when it's convenient.

And all this resulted in a measily kick exchange that had no actual character interactions.

Idk. Foils are one of my favorite tropes because having similar but contrasting elements just makes for cool storytelling.

So when I see this stuff set up rather elegantly...and then used for nothing...well, I can't help but feel it's such a waste.

caliph95

Holy shit I've spent like 3 hours making this Pudding thread on Oro, holy shit I must be bored.
No you have accepted the One true Pudding to your heart. Nothing is too much for our goddess.

To be fair i pretty sire we all done some dumb stuff bored lol.

Net

Please...

Zoro is going to make it weird and bring back Tashigi instead.

The dropped and all but forgotten Tashigi/Kuina connection really bugs me. I know Oda can't possibly have forgotten, and I hope he's not deliberately ignoring it.

Ray Down

Banned
No you have accepted the One true Pudding to your heart. Nothing is too much for our goddess.

To be fair i pretty sire we all done some dumb stuff bored lol.
This is correct.

Almost done will post the thread later tomorrow and will link it here.

LotusHD

Banned
The dropped and all but forgotten Tashigi/Kuina connection really bugs me. I know Oda can't possibly have forgotten, and I hope he's not deliberately ignoring it.

Man, nothing really counts as dropped or forgotten in One Piece until it ends imo

GG-Duo

I've been thinking about the possibility that Pudding might have been the "runaway bride" in the crucial wedding, not Lola.
For reasons yet unknown, Lola was allowed to search for a husband of her own choosing.
And since she is absent from Totland, Pudding edited Big Mom, and most likely her siblings', memories of the engagement to shift the blame onto Lola.

The pieces start to come together when you factor in the Memo Memo Fruit and the contradicting images of Big Mom and Lola's relationship revealed in this arc.

Hey I like this theory. It sorta checks out.

RalchAC

Why do you expect the Strawhats to take BB down alone? I mean. It's Blackbeard. And he has a fleet. I expect that, at the very least, the remnants of the Whitebeard Pirates and the Strawhat Fleet will be part of that war.

Marco and friends need to come back. So some of those VS need to be moved around to fit Cavendish, Marco and Bartolomeo.

Yeah, could be. I'm still sure Pudding isn't a cliched of a villain as she seems. I think Jinbei was fred thanks to Pudding, and Luffy and Nami being saved is part of her plan to fuck up everything.

Zoro still acknowledges that she is an impostor, but the subplot may have been dropped. I don't especially like it, so I wouldn't mind if it was nothing. Or it could be picked up in 5 years. You never know with Oda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom