• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not being able to reverse it would be..Op but than again maybe that's why big mom doesn't like Lola pudding fucked with her memory.

If it's simply knocking her out ala sugar that's lame too

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Not being able to reverse it would be..Op but than again maybe that's why big mom doesn't like Lola pudding fucked with her memory.

I hope that soon we get to know who was lola going to marry

Who the hell could be that powerful ?

Veelk

Banned
Breh the Earth kingdom was weak and pathetic. The monarch was incompetent and frankly how that whole thing went down wasn't remotely believable. Crocodile defeate the protagonist twice one of the only villains to do so and had layers upon fucking layers to his plans. Crocodile didn't even really care about the kingdom and Azula was so small time she never had an important character break down in tears screaming out his name because he played he outsmarted and outplayed her every single step of the way.

The Monarch wasn't the one running things, it was his adviser, who was clearly doing a good job keeping the city running. His only mistake was that he thought he couldn't be out machiavellianed. And shit, if you want to talk about things playing out unbelievably how about Luffy surviving because of stupid bullshit like throwing water in the air.

And that you mention Vivi crying out like that's actually some kind of win. In addition to taking over the earth kingdom and enrapturing the elite earth kingdom warriors to her command by divine authority alone, she also killed the main character who had to use their water (MIRACLE water, not ordinary water belched into the air, that they were saving all season to revive him, while still leaving him wounded and without the avatar state).

Crocodile's claim to fame is making a girl cry. Big whoop. Azula makes girls cry when she gets bored. Azula's claim to fame is capturing the last surviving kingdom and crippling the world's only savior god incarnation.

LotusHD

Banned

Well if you can't reverse it (Outside of her doing it willingly I guess), I'm working under the assumption that she can't flat-out create new memories. Probably sticks to just "Edit" and "Delete", with potentially some combat abilities we have yet to see. (Unlikely, but w/e) Also her powers are severely hindered by the fact that she likely needs the target to remain still the entire time.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
The Monarch wasn't the one running things, it was his adviser, who was clearly doing a good job keeping the city running. His only mistake was that he thought he couldn't be out machiavellianed. And shit, if you want to talk about things playing out unbelievably how about Luffy surviving because of stupid bullshit like throwing water in the air.

And that you mention Vivi crying out like that's actually some kind of win. In addition to taking over the earth kingdom and enrapturing the elite earth kingdom warriors to her command by divine authority alone, she also killed the main character who had to use their water (MIRACLE water, not ordinary water belched into the air, that they were saving all season to revive him, while still leaving him wounded and without the avatar state).

Crocodile's claim to fame is making a girl cry. Big whoop. Azula makes girls cry when she gets bored. Azula's claim to fame is capturing the last surviving kingdom and crippling the world's only savior god incarnation.

MC still survived though how is that different from Luffy being saved by robin after being left for dead (hint: it's not).

The point was the degree of the outplaying. It's not a single cool plan or two. This is a person that set out to defeat you and save her kingdom and almost every single plan or objective to do something ended in failure and was redundant. Not only was she about to die everything she cared about was going to be exterminated as well. Leaving her with nothing to do but scream in despair the name of the person that did it. Who had never stopped playing her like a God damn fiddle.

Well if you can't reverse it (Outside of her doing it willingly I guess), I'm working under the assumption that she can't flat-out create new memories. Probably sticks to just "Edit" and "Delete", with potentially some combat abilities we have yet to see. (Unlikely, but w/e) Also her powers are severely hindered by the fact that she likely needs the target to remain still the entire time.
Wait was she remaining still or did she instantly lose consciousness

On potential future crewmember dynamics, I think it would be interesting to have a more selfish and sinister member of the crew. Robin is the depressing realist but I think it would be funny to have someone who is both loyal to Luffy and also somewhat of a scumbag.

Assuming Pudding ever gets remotely close to joining the crew, something would have to happen to make her want to follow Luffy. If that happens I doubt her maliciousness would be gone.

Sort of like Bartolomeo being a douche-canoe to everyone but Luffy.

LotusHD

Banned
Wait was she remaining still or did she instantly lose consciousness

Well she was restrained by Nitro and couldn't get up or anything, so nothing stopped Pudding from initiating her abilities. She didn't instantly lose consciousness though, she was in pain during the memory extraction, and seemed quite worn out after it had concluded.

On potential future crewmember dynamics, I think it would be interesting to have a more selfish and sinister member of the crew. Robin is the depressing realist but I think it would be funny to have someone who is both loyal to Luffy and also somewhat of a scumbag.

Assuming Pudding ever gets remotely close to joining the crew, something would have to happen to make her want to follow Luffy. If that happens I doubt her maliciousness would be gone.

Sort of like Bartolomeo being a douche-canoe to everyone but Luffy.

He's also very polite to the rest of the crew ;D

It'd definitely be interesting, though hard to picture. At the end of the day, all of the crew members have a heart of gold. You definitely have selfishness covered in an atypical way through Usopp though. At times Sanji is also often a dick to anyone that isn't Robin or Nami. Hell, Nami is a scumbag.

Veelk

Banned
MC still survived though how is that different from Luffy being saved by robin after being left for dead (hint: it's not).

I understand your urge to strawman since that's your only real recourse, but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna call you out on it. It's the second time that crocodile defeated luffy that I consider bullshit and only worked because one piece physics run on bullshit. And yes, I could surviving on special mcguffin water to be different from plot bullshit water. Also, it's worth keeping in mind that while Aang survived, he was crippled and had to go through recovery, because Azula goddamn traumatized the poor kid, physically and emotionally. Croc was never so lucky.

The point was the degree of the outplaying. It's not a single cool plan or too. This is a person that set out to defeat you and save her kingdom and almost every single plan or objective to do something ended in failure and redundant. Not only was she about to die everything she cared about was going to be exterminated as well leaving her to scream in despair the name of the person that did it

I don't know what to tell you except that I find it to be some series of mental gymnastics to figure that all of croc's failed plans are more admirable than Azula's handful that all succeeded. I mean, that's what it comes down to. Who cares how many plans he made vivi go through when she eventually won. And it's not like she's especially machiavellian herself, so she should have been easy to beat anyway. He also had a hidden army and years of prep. Frankly, it's shocking how bad he did for all the opportunities he had.

Azula, on the other hand, was up against another machiavellian villain who had total control of the city. She had her 2 trusted bodyguards and her wits. And she outplayed everyone in a few deft moves.

When looking to determine who the best magnificent bastard/bitch is, look for quality, not quantity.

LotusHD

Banned
At this point only ones who weren't assholes to the crew at one point or another are brook, chopper and zoro.

The closest Zoro ever came to being an asshole is when he called out Luffy and co. for getting ready to accept Usopp back after he fought Luffy as if nothing had happened. But that's reaching, so...

----

I'm so slow, I just realized that both Luffy and Nami are pinned to the wall with a giant nail through their hands.

He's also very polite to the rest of the crew ;D

It'd definitely be interesting, though hard to picture. At the end of the day, all of the crew members have a heart of gold. You definitely have selfishness covered in an atypical way through Usopp though. At times Sanji is also often a dick to anyone that isn't Robin or Nami. Hell, Nami is a scumbag.
True, but I guess he's the only example I could think of. Maybe Robin is a better example? She joined and everyone distrusted her for some time but she was fairly polite about it while extremely loyal to Luffy (or so it seemed). Something like that, except in this case Pudding would only like or trust Luffy but be a dick to everyone else.

I don't mean like Usopp's negativity or Sanji being an asshole, I mean being sinister and evilish. Like, "Luffy can I kill this person?" or "I'm going to torture you" to an enemy before Luffy or someone else in the crew steps in. Someone basically "evil" but also good at the same time. Chaotic Neutral? Idk.

Pudding would obviously be the psychologist of the crew helping them move past and create mental trauma.
Oh god
At this point only ones who weren't assholes to the crew at one point or another are brook, chopper and zoro.
Hmm, true. Interesting how everyone else has had their own selfish moments. Nami with Arlong, Usopp with Merry, Sanji right now, Robin with CP9, Franky with the boys...wonder if we'll get something similar from anyone else in the future.

Give Brook's epic speech this last chapter I wanna say for a fact that he never will.

The closest Zoro ever came to being an asshole is when he called out Luffy and co. for getting ready to accept Usopp back after he fought Luffy as if nothing had happened. But that's reaching, so...
Yup can't even call him out on that because he was absolutely right. He did it again in punk hazard although a bit smaller and in zou just recently. Very good with keeping everyone in check mentally

LotusHD

Banned
True, but I guess he's the only example I could think of. Maybe Robin is a better example? She joined and everyone distrusted her for some time but she was fairly polite about it while extremely loyal to Luffy (or so it seemed). Something like that, except in this case Pudding would only like or trust Luffy but be a dick to everyone else.

I don't mean like Usopp's negativity or Sanji being an asshole, I mean being sinister and evilish. Like, "Luffy can I kill this person?" or "I'm going to torture you" to an enemy before Luffy or someone else in the crew steps in. Someone basically "evil" but also good at the same time. Chaotic Neutral? Idk.

Yea I get what you mean. Basically a more blunt version of Robin, where their solutions to issues the crew faces are more... dark, to say the least. I'd love to see that myself. The closest thing we have to that are Robin and Zoro, who if left to their own devices, who probably be more unsavory than we're used to lol

Yup can't even call him out on that because he was absolutely right. He did it again in punk hazard although a bit smaller and in zou just recently. Very good with keeping everyone in check mentally

First mate gotta hold the fort down

Hm?

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I understand your urge to strawman since that's your only real recourse, but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna call you out on it. It's the second time that crocodile defeated luffy that I consider bullshit and only worked because one piece physics run on bullshit. And yes, I could surviving on special mcguffin water to be different from plot bullshit water. Also, it's worth keeping in mind that while Aang survived, he was crippled and had to go through recovery, because Azula goddamn traumatized the poor kid, physically and emotionally. Croc was never so lucky.

I don't know what to tell you except that I find it to be some series of mental gymnastics to figure that all of croc's failed plans are more admirable than Azula's handful that all succeeded. I mean, that's what it comes down to. Who cares how many plans he made vivi go through when she eventually won. And it's not like she's especially machiavellian herself, so she should have been easy to beat anyway. He also had a hidden army and years of prep. Frankly, it's shocking how bad he did for all the opportunities he had.

Azula, on the other hand, was up against another machiavellian villain who had total control of the city. She had her 2 trusted bodyguards and her wits. And she outplayed everyone in a few deft moves.

When looking to determine who the best magnificent bastard/bitch is, look for quality, not quantity.
That isn't a fault with Crocodile now is it. Which is the point of this discussion . The difference between the two is that Azula had plot on her side and had importance as a villain beyond that villain this she succeeded in her plans regardless how unrealistically easy it all went. Crocodile had no such luck. In fact he was only by the extremities of deus ex machina because his plans were that good.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
No he wasn't.

He had reasons to feel the way he did but it was incredibly selfish to want the crew to keep a broken ship that couldn't be fixed and sail and put all their lives in danger

Yeah even Ussop knew he was wrong and being selfish he just had the greatest personal attachment to it and couldn't let go.

Ray Down

Banned
No he wasn't.

He had reasons to feel the way he did but it was incredibly selfish to want the crew to keep a broken ship that couldn't be fixed and sail and put all their lives in danger

Even if I agreed with this, he'd still be a dick for thinking he could just join the crew again and hope that everyone would just forget his insubordination, that he didn't need to apologize.

Yep Usopp had his reasons but keeping Merry even with Kaku evaluation was suicide and him thinking he can just comeback after disrespecting the captain was wrong.

Zero was right

Veelk

Banned
That isn't a fault with Crocodile now is it. Which is the point of this discussion . The difference between the two is that Azula had plot on her side and had importance as a villain beyond that villain this she succeeded in her plans regardless how unrealistically easy it all went. Crocodile had no such luck. In fact he was only by the extremities of deus ex machina because his plans were that good.

You can't just go "well, the author made it that way" because that's true of everything. There is no such thing as "realistic" once you acknowledge the artifice of the fiction.

Take the words of your own protagonist to heart and make no bullshit excuses. Croc lost on his own extremely advantageous terms. Azula won on her disadvantageoua terms.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The anime is shit but there's no stops on the One Piece train, undisputed king.

It's probably why Toei half-asses it. People are going to watch it anyway, the merch and the manga are the real money-makers.

That is a good point about the data collection, a lot of that is probably about the manga. Then again, Naruto Shippuden is down at 18 and that ended nearly three years ago.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
You can't just go "well, the author made it that way" because that's true of everything. There is no such thing as "realistic" once you acknowledge the artifice of the fiction.

Take the words of your own protagonist to heart and make no bullshit excuses. Croc lost on his own extremely advantageous terms. Azula won on her disadvantageoua terms.

I'm talking about if such a situation were to happen in real life what's the likelihood they could feasible pull them off. Most of Crocodiles shit is feasible assuming his abilities existed because he plans layered upon plans in case of extremely unlikely occurrences and they're not in the crazy territory *cough* bleach *cough*. Azula taking over the Dali and successfully pulling off that coop has so many potential and probable roadblocks, I can't imagine it even remotely working even under very similar circumstances.

I feel like the number would be much higher in Japan alone if we counted the manga, given the new volume sales usually pass two million in a matter of weeks and that's ignoring the west and fans who follow through wsj

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I feel like the number would be much higher in Japan alone if we counted the manga, given the new volume sales usually pass two million in a matter of weeks and that's ignoring the west and fans who follow through wsj

Well yeah but they're only the tv show in comparison to other tv show's rather than multimedia franchises.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
LMAO Blackleg's avatar. I'm not one to jump on the Sanji hate train but... LOL

Hm? He left the crew even fought with the captain

Nami-stole the merry, betrayed the and lied

Robin-played the villain role for alabasta

Frank-Beat up usopp stole their money selfishly and fought with luffy

Sanji-Left the crew, apparently knocked out luffys tooth permanently
I forgot how much of a villain Franky was. That was a huge turn-around.

Everyone totally thought Paulie or Lucci was gonna join. But we got Franky, the OG Water 7 villain.

That pic is garbage. Pick a better one:

maxresdefault.jpg

LotusHD

Banned
LMAO Blackleg's avatar. I'm not one to jump on the Sanji hate train but... LOL

I forgot how much of a villain Franky was. That was a huge turn-around.

Everyone totally thought Paulie or Lucci was gonna join. But we got Franky, the OG Water 7 villain.

Lol at Lucci joining

I wanna breakdown that pic and explain why it's wrong

Let's see...

The fact that it's a cosplay pic.

The fact that it's a cosplay pic with bad art.

The fact that it's a cosplay pic that traced actual One Piece art under the bad art.

The fact that it's a cosplay pic that traced actual One Piece art under the bad art, which is obviously copy and pasted from elsewhere.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Let's see...

The fact that it's a cosplay pic.

The fact that it's a cosplay pic with bad art.

The fact that it's a cosplay pic that traced actual One Piece art under the bad art.

The fact that it's a cosplay pic that traced actual One Piece art under the bad art, which is obviously copy and pasted from elsewhere.

The funny thing is the author went out of it's way to find that pic. It's not some super common One Piece pic. That's the best they could come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom