• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veelk

Banned
I wasn't moving the goal post more genuiely surprised that you considered that decent or great writing. Hence why I didn't compare to crocodile, everything else is obviously not serious.

I'm sorry, but you kept trying to change the qualifications for why determining whether she is superior to Crocodile. That is the definition of moving goalposts, whether you did it out of genuine surprise or otherwise.

Ogodei

I haven't been a fan of post-skip Franky. He and Chopper got the worst redesigns and he hasn't had a good challenge for the Franky Shogun yet, so it's just wasted potential.

Red Fire

Franky is top 4 one piece characters material and has been doing LOTS of stuff.

Regarding chopper, i feel like he has been turned to a mascot too much. I loved chopper on alabastia, skypiea and water 7. But since like thriller bark he is just fodder and kinda just there to be kawaiiiiii. This is mostly regarding battle abilities, but also his character. He used to be cute because he often didn't know about human stuff, but he would also be serious sometimes. Now he is only cutsie.

That's why these last chapters were awesome, because their fight in the mirror world was awesome and it felt like old chopper to me.

Man this thread moves fast lately :D

You think? Franky has been top notch since fishman island and i hated the guy before it.
Tons of focus since
Ehh, I'd disagree. He was great in his introduction and felt like a part of the team in TB, but after that idk. "It's not a crime to exist" will always stick out to me as a top tier Franky moment.

Maybe I'm just forgetting, what moments has he had that aren't jokey? Like Brook asserting his philosophy on Sanji and Luffy last chap was fucking ace.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The latest chapter (851) officially comes out January 9th.
The next chapter (852) officially comes out January 16th, which means we'll likely get it on the 12th.

Marow

A few days ago I ended up reading through all of Dressrosa (vol 71 to 80) in about two days, the VIZ release. I must say it increased my enjoyment of the arc a whole lot and many things that bothered me before (such as pacing, particularly with the bird cage shrinking) didn't bother me at all to the point I wondered why I ever found them a problem.

Without going in deep, I'm still a bit mixed about the arc in mainly two ways. The first is the fact I'm not entirely sure what kind of emotional message it's trying to send, something every other arc has done so far. The presentation tended to feel cluttered and lacking those awesome defining moments apart from a few near the end, especially from after around when the gladiators were freed.

This is sense of muddle becomes worse as I realize I came to grow quite... annoyed with how Oda approaches women (yes, I realize you've all discussed this tons of times). It goes from Rebecca herself, comments in SBS and volume introductions to things such as Franky vs Baby Senor. It feels as if what once were jokes or at least some sort of homage to older simpler stereotypical stories (aka boys being adventurous and girls serving a contrasting role) has evolved into something... quite different. Can't put my finger on it very well.

Have any if you re-read Dressrosa? What did you think of it?

SalvaPot

A few days ago I ended up reading through all of Dressrosa (vol 71 to 80) in about two days, the VIZ release. I must say it increased my enjoyment of the arc a whole lot and many things that bothered me before (such as pacing, particularly with the bird cage shrinking) didn't bother me at all to the point I wondered why I ever found them a problem.

Without going in deep, I'm still a bit mixed about the arc in mainly two ways. The first is the fact I'm not entirely sure what kind of emotional message it's trying to send, something every other arc has done so far. The presentation tended to feel cluttered and lacking those awesome defining moments apart from a few near the end, especially from after around when the gladiators were freed.

This is sense of muddle becomes worse as I realize I came to grow quite... annoyed with how Oda approaches women (yes, I realize you've all discussed this tons of times). It goes from Rebecca herself, comments in SBS and volume introductions to things such as Franky vs Baby Senor. It feels as if what once were jokes or at least some sort of homage to older simpler stereotypical stories (aka boys being adventurous and girls serving a contrasting role) has evolved into something... quite different. Can't put my finger on it very well.

Have any if you re-read Dressrosa? What did you think of it?

"I am drawing the dreams of boys all over the world" was such a weird thing to say when a reader asked him why the boobs keep getting bigger.

Doesn't he know flat is justice?

"I don't write complicated stories. I just want my audience to feel fine after reading ONE PIECE when they have bad days in real life."

Oda thank you so much!!!

You guys moved four pages today? What the fuck!

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
You guys moved four pages today? What the fuck!
YPfxQBQ.jpg

Veelk

Banned
In case anyone missed them, I made 2 more Strawhat Pudding pics.

I'm only meh on the first one, kind of half assed it (I should have replaced Sanji with either Carrot or Urouge), but I think the second one is my best work and yes, that's is the only excuse I need to repost it.

I find it ironic this the latest Sanji chapters are the opposite of that. Unless you have a dark sense of humour some that shit is down right depressing even though you know it'll all wrap up well in the end.

You mean the latest Sanji chapter that ends with me cheering because Luffy and Nami got saved by Jimbei?

LotusHD

Banned
In case anyone missed them, I made 2 more Strawhat Pudding pics.

I'm only meh on the first one, kind of half assed it (I should have replaced Sanji with either Carrot or Urouge), but I think the second one is my best work and yes, that's is the only excuse I need to repost it.

Feel free to find a way to insert her into scenes with every single Straw Hat lol

Ray Down

Banned
I thought he already did that? At least sometimes did vlogs about it.

Nah he did blogs and vids discussing certain aspects and characters of the OP world, he reviewed MHA off the bat after Bleach finished but he realized he wasn't as passionate doing that series as he was before with Bleach.

And when he reads One Piece it's like Bleach for him where he knows what too talk about and what jokes he can make.

Veelk

Banned
Feel free to find a way to insert her into scenes with every single Straw Hat lol

That sounds exhausting, but I have a few more key scenes where her insertion would be pretty funny, I think.

The problem is that I have a limited amount of Pudding poses where they just don't fit some scenes. Like, I tried to do one where Luffy lost his crew, but I couldn't find a pose that would fit from the angle that the panel viewed Luffy from.

But I still have a few ideas. I just don't see myself topping the Sanji one.

SalvaPot

I don't see Pudding working as a Straw Hat, what would be her role in the ship?

I think she doesn't even know how to make sweets.

Veelk

Banned
crappy insults and machismo pissing contests aren't trolling, or atleast not good trolling.

Pudding trolling would be an upgrade from zoro's akin to how Franky was to Usopp as ship repair guy.

SalvaPot

crappy insults and machismo pissing contests aren't trolling, or atleast not good trolling.

Pudding trolling would be an upgrade from zoro's akin to how Franky was to Usopp as ship repair guy.

If Pudding somehow was going to join the crew, then that would mean he either redeemed herself on some way or is erasing the memories of her evil deeds so the crew accepts her. Either way Sanji would be trolled, but completely unaware of it (Unless he is the only one who knows her true identity but somehow can't or won't reveal it).

This got me thinking, there is almost no relationship between Robin and Sanji, its almost professional in that they get almost no interaction other than Sanji giving her tea and snacks that go with it and her politely thanking him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom