• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhead

Redarse
Okay while I like carrot so far there are amny reasons why I think she won't be a strawhat:

Lots of great reasons why Carrot doesn't follow the typical Strawhat template. However you look at Rogers and Whitebeards crews and they had places for young hanger-ons who weren't powerful or even useful really. What point did Shanks really serve on Rogers crew? I can see a spot/purpose for Mononosuke but Carrot no. Luffy is still young and his ascent is relatively fastpaced (in manga timeline) so he's not really going to find space for a deckhand. Carrot would be the perfect candidate for that.

I can see Luffy never formally asking Carrot to join the crew but every time they try to leave her on an island she stowsaway on the ship again until she ends up at One Piece with them all

RalchAC

I've started watching One Pace episodes starting from the Return to Sabaody. Overall, pacing is much greater than in the original show. I've just watched the first one-paced Fishman Island episode. Certainly a lot better than the original show, and really well done.

Zoro was the best in those 2 Return to Sabaody episodes. Seeing him bragging about how he was the first of them all to get to Shakki's bar was awesome. With the same serious face and voice he mostly uses. Chopper was a bit annoying when he started following the Fake Strawhats. He should have distinguished them by smell. But whatever.

I checked out One Pace and there's a Romance Dawn arc and it looks digital. I check it and it has the knife stabbing scene and I have NEVER seen that in the anime before. What the fuck. Did they redo the first arc? What is going on??

RalchAC

I checked out One Pace and there's a Romance Dawn arc and it looks digital. I check it and it has the knife stabbing scene and I have NEVER seen that in the anime before. What the fuck. Did they redo the first arc? What is going on??

Maybe you watched... the 4Kids dub*?

images

Other dubs are based on the English version of the series, so it could have been censored, or something like that

Maybe you watched... the 4Kids dub*?

images

Other dubs are based on the English version of the series, so it could have been censored, or something like that

Dub? What kind of person do you think I am?!

More than that, the Luffy flashback usually happens on episode 4! This is on episode 1!

What the fuck is this?! I've watched One Piece via Hong Kong fan sub dvds (they're awful) and Kaizoku. And I have NEVER seen this.

RalchAC

Dub? What kind of person do you think I am?!

More than that, the Luffy flashback usually happens on episode 4! This is on episode 1!

What the fuck is this?! I've watched One Piece via Hong Kong fan sub dvds (they're awful) and Kaizoku. And I have NEVER seen this.

The first chapter in the manga is when Luffy is an annoying kid that wants to join Shank's crew. My guess is that the anime started with Alvida's arc in order to give a better impression of what the series actually is.

It follows the manga quite faithfully, I think, not the anime. Some episodes are for the animation, but in the first episode they used some scenes for what seemed to be Episode of Luffy (there is quite a drastic change in how everything looks in the scene where the Sea Monster eats Shanks arm.

The first chapter in the manga is when Luffy is an annoying kid that wants to join Shank's crew. My guess is that the anime started with Alvida's arc in order to give a better impression of what the series actually is.

It follows the manga quite faithfully, I think, not the anime. Some episodes are for the animation, but in the first episode they used some scenes for what seemed to be Episode of Luffy (there is quite a drastic change in how everything looks in the scene where the Sea Monster eats Shanks arm.

I already know that Luffy's flashback is the first chapter of One Piece. I've been reading One Piece since 2004! But I have also seen the anime and the flashback doesn't start until episode 4. The knife stabbing scene is NOT in the original anime. So I check out One Pace and it's completely new and redone and I'm just left with "what the fuck is going on?"

Thank you! I thought I was crazy for a second!

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I already know that Luffy's flashback is the first chapter of One Piece. I've been reading One Piece since 2004! But I have also seen the anime and the flashback doesn't start until episode 4. The knife stabbing scene is NOT in the original anime. So I check out One Pace and it's completely new and redone and I'm just left with "what the fuck is going on?"

Thank you! I thought I was crazy for a second!

You are crazy. Pudding edited your memory!

Ray Down

Banned
Lots of great reasons why Carrot doesn't follow the typical Strawhat template. However you look at Rogers and Whitebeards crews and they had places for young hanger-ons who weren't powerful or even useful really. What point did Shanks really serve on Rogers crew? I can see a spot/purpose for Mononosuke but Carrot no. Luffy is still young and his ascent is relatively fastpaced (in manga timeline) so he's not really going to find space for a deckhand. Carrot would be the perfect candidate for that.

I can see Luffy never formally asking Carrot to join the crew but every time they try to leave her on an island she stowsaway on the ship again until she ends up at One Piece with them all

Whitebeard really doesn't have hanger ons on his ship, Cat and Dog were retainers to Oden and left to follow Oden when he jumped ship and just by there appearance they were older then Shanks and Buggy, he also had no females on his main ship. Subordinate Captains are all old and experienced pirates from the NW.

Shanks and Buggy were both cabin boys/apprentice pirates on Roger ship but they were recruited way earlier even before Roger final journey to the NW and become PK and there skirmishes with WB and Garp. If they were gonna have cabin boys and such Momo and Chimney make more sense than Carrot.

I don't see any hanger ons staying for beyond the point of finishing whatever story ties they have (Kimemon and Law), I see Carrot being gone and on the alliance once Kaido is taken down.

Ssnji is on no team at this moment

First typo and second he is on a team, its Team L.

Ray Down

Banned
Maybe Carrot joins the crew, and by Carrot I mean Pudding who placed herself into all instances of Carrot and puts carrot as a member of Germa.

Episode of Luffy is pretty good, has some cool bits with Coby and Hep.

Opening a fresh cold bottle of coke and drinking it > Pepsi

The Pepsi challenge is a poorly thought out contest. Drank without context, yeah Pepsi is sweeter and tastes good, but the process and taste of drinking an ice cold Coke beats Pepsi every time.

Dr. Pepper is better than Pepsi.

The Pepsi challenge is a poorly thought out contest. Drank without context, yeah Pepsi is sweeter and tastes good, but the process and taste of drinking an ice cold Coke beats Pepsi every time.

You know I actually like coke a bit but this is just wrong on so many levels.

All soda is pretty horrible for you though...Guys should drink it seldom if at all...

I drink water most of the time and literally have soda on like special occasions, even then I'd rather have a spiked root beer or just get alcohol or something if I'm drinking unhealthy for the evening.

Soda is so 90's

Liking Pepsi more than Coke is a thing that's alright when you're 14 and you're really just all out that sweetness. But as you get older, you just learn to love drinking Coke so much more. That first sip of a Coke especially.

RalchAC

Don't know why you guys like those weird drinks that have caffeine and who knows what else, honestly. Coffee is all you need.

I don't even use Coke in cocktails. Ugh.

Grow up everybody! Learn to enjoy the bitter taste of coffee!

Don't know why you guys like those weird drinks that have caffeine and who knows what else, honestly. Coffee is all you need.

I don't even use Coke in cocktails. Ugh.

Grow up everybody! Learn to enjoy the bitter taste of coffee!
Coffee is for suckers, Cappuccino's with vanilla and hazelnut mixed in tho..

Liking Pepsi more than Coke is a thing that's alright when you're 14 and you're really just all out that sweetness. But as you get older, you just learn to love drinking Coke so much more. That first sip of a Coke especially.

Yup. The first sip is the best.

That said I don't drink soda anymore. They rot your teeth. But when I do drink soda, I go with Coca Cola.

Ray Down

Banned
This is what I'm thinking too, but I hope Oda can pull off a potential double-bluff well without it coming off as contrived. I could see a lot of people being annoyed at the twist, but it depends on Pudding's backstory being strong enough to have some emotional weight. Oda's pre good at that shit.

I got an idea that she's basically has a similar backstory to Sanji, where while he was able to escape his family, she couldn't and ended up more like them in the end.

NSESN

I could see Pudding being bullied while young because of the 3rd eye. Maybe Lola helped her. But after Lola escaped she snapped and became like that.

sasuke_91

You guys want 3 new straw hats at once? Isn't that a little overkill? Jinbe is basically confirmed, but two more would be a little too much.

By the way:
0L5a9jv.jpg

Those avatars kind of tell a story, don't they? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom