• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Meh, y'all acting like Oda can't come out the cut with some depressing backstory or expand on her dreams (Though I thought her wanting to see the world and being sick of being on the island was okay, not everything has to be grandiose or heartbreaking, though I'll concede there's obviously a trend for it) whenever he feels like it, as if we didn't just get yet another one with Sanji not too long ago after all these years lol. Now yea, that is not the same thing of course, but all I'm saying is, I'm happy to be patient and see what happens after this arc. There's a lot going on since the timeskip, so it wouldn't be too out there for Oda to take his time to introducing a new member. After all, we're only just now getting Jinbe. Furthermore, it's been 9 years since someone joined, and there's also been a timeskip since then. I wouldn't necessarily be surprised if after all this time Oda decided a more roundabout approach to eventually making her a member, or at the very least stop caring about each member needing a "proper role". (Because honestly, how many roles are left to fill, I'm genuinely curious lol)

In the end though, I don't want to come off as utterly reaching, or act like some desperate Monet fan that will never give up hope, so I try not to get too crazy with the Carrot love. All I know is, Oda dangled the bait right in front of us with him randomly making her a stowaway, and having a personality that jives quite well with the rest of the crew.

So I blame him.

Oh i want carrot for crew but would not blink an eye if she doesn't or dies

Ogodei

Lotus makes a good point that there's no narrative purpose for Carrot to be here right now, compared to Pedro who has the existing link with Pekoms and Big Mom. Oda rarely does things like this for no reason. Especially, why Carrot, why not Wanda who was stressing a kinship of sorts with Nami early on?

Big One

Banned
Lotus makes a good point that there's no narrative purpose for Carrot to be here right now, compared to Pedro who has the existing link with Pekoms and Big Mom. Oda rarely does things like this for no reason. Especially, why Carrot, why not Wanda who was stressing a kinship of sorts with Nami early on?
Like I said if Carrot is actually working for Kaidou there could be something there, like a reverse Nico Robin situation. But that's the only hope she'll ever have of ever becoming a Strawhat.

Rebel Leader

Like I said if Carrot is actually working for Kaidou there could be something there, like a reverse Nico Robin situation. But that's the only hope she'll ever have of ever becoming a Strawhat.
I don't think carrot is working for kaidk

Speaking of wano i think zoro vs shogun will happen

I take offense to this i said this. Nobody respects Blackleg

LotusHD

Banned
Yeah but there's really no hints whatsoever on Carrot having a backstory. Even when Nico Robin started to become Luffy's ally, there was hints in Alabasta that there was more to her than meets the eye. Carrot does not have this whatsoever.

Well there's wondering how exactly she became a ruler's aide, and why Pedro said she's stronger than the average mink, but yea, not really anything to go by. Oh well, we'll see.

Anyway anyone here seeing film gold next week?

Ooh, I should try to catch that.

Oh i want carrot for crew but would not blink an eye if she doesn't or dies

Well damn, I don't see her dying, but yea, I'd eventually get over it if she did end up not joining.

Exactly. Like it's so random. It'd be one thing if she joined more formally like Pedro did, or went with a more obvious choice at the time like Wanda, but instead Oda went out of his way to put the focus on her like that. Right after WCI, I'm assuming they're going straight to Wano, so imo there would be opportunities to create a more clear route (i.e. dreams, backstory, etc.) if Oda does indeed want her to join. Even before I knew Carrot was a stowaway, I figured that if a Mink were to join the crew, it couldn't be some top-dog (or cat) like Neko and Inamushi, or mature leaders like Wanda, Pedro, or Sicilian. Then you see that apparently only Wanda and Carrot stay up throughout the entire day (Though I guess Pedro says fuck that when he's not in Zou), ultimately leading to me thinking Carrot has a slim chance. Then the stowaway chapter happened, and all bets were off...

Regardless of whether or not Carrot joins, I still don't see how people have remotely any faith in this theory potentially coming true. She gets introduced as an extremely naive character who has never set sail or thinks lightning is Electro, yet somehow she's been working for Kaido all this time? Not to mention Jack's goal was to find Raizo, so why wouldn't she inform him right then and there if they're actually on the same side?

Red Fire

1. I agree with blackleg, coffee sucks and pepsi rules

2. I made it to number 12 on the hall of shame even though i held off posting for quite a while 🤔

3. Already seen film gold months ago *proud*

4. I think the next title should reference wano or the reverie since WCI is probably over soon

5. I'm fuckin slow

2. I made it to number 12 on the hall of shame even though i held off posting for quite a while 🤔

4. I think the next title should reference wano or the reverie since WCI is probably over soon

5. I'm fuckin slow
You need to comment more such a good soul

Rebel Leader

5. I'm fuckin slow
Pepsi is just watered down coke with more sugar

1895 pepsi on the other hand... =D

But still not as good as mexican coke

Interesting point. I suppose to play devil's advocate, she's a cute and a girl and a fighter which is likely gonna be great for the OP brand commercially once the anime hits WCI, if not already.

I'm sure Oda wrote her in for other reasons, though. No way the above would have any inkling on his vision for his story at this point.

The only thing we know about Carrot is that she wasn't around when Gold Roger came to Zou (she says this herself), but I think we can hypothesize that she has no parents. Wanda seems to be her guardian, as she's only concerned about Wanda's reaction when she sneaks aboard the ship. Guess there's some potential for the mymumanddadwerekilled backstory.

My guess for Carrot is that Luffy and crew will venture to the Reverie after leaving BM's territory. After the story wraps up there, Carrot will actually join Vivi and Carrie. Would be a great team-up

Change cake to tears.

It was either cake or tears, but maybe tears sounds better :]

|OT| The path to Wano is paved with tears and pudding

Rebel Leader

Since we know Big mom will face defeat....

One piece manga |OT3| Dear kaido, the Charlottes send their regards

:)

We cover pudding, big mom and kiado all in one!

Since we know Big mom will face defeat....

One piece manga |OT3| Dear kaido, the Charlottes send their regards

:)

We cover pudding, big mom and kiado all in one!
Pfft she's not going down this arc they'll lower her power she'll come after them at wano initiating a 3 way showdown between the pirate-mink-Samurai-ninja alliance,Kaido and big mom pirates

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Chapter this week?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Guys, what is the name of the One Piece theme song? Not talking about We Are, but the leitmotif song that plays during episode titles in full. Been listening to One Piece music all week. Such an amazing theme.

You know, this one. But the full theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ5eu_GGa9E
It's not a song in its own right. It's just a motif that plays during the episode title cards similar to the motifs that play during the commercial bumpers. As both the video you posted hinted at and the one Man God posted shows, it was included at the beginning of the song "Village Harbor" for the One Piece Music and Song collection 2 soundtrack. But it's not actually a part of that song. That soundtrack just starts each song with one of the show's various motifs as a way to provide audiences with them since collection 1 didn't have them. For example, the rest of the songs include the various character bumper music as intros, but they rarely had anything to do with the actual song that played after.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's not a song in its own right. It's just a motif that plays during the episode title cards similar to the motifs that play during the commercial bumpers. As both the video you posted hinted at and the one Man God posted shows, it was included at the beginning of the song "Village Harbor" for the One Piece Music and Song collection 2 soundtrack. But it's not actually a part of that song. That soundtrack just starts each song with one of the show's various motifs as a way to provide audiences with them since collection 1 didn't have them. For example, the rest of the songs include the various character bumper music as intros, but they rarely had anything to do with the actual song that played after.

Quite so.

LotusHD

Banned
Guess who composed the music for Gravity Rush!

One Piece and Gravity Rush share the same composer: Kohei Tanaka

!!!

This explains so much

The whole upbeat mood and sense of wonder of it all just reminded of Gravity Rush, as its OST tends to have music that invokes similar cheerful moods as well.

Like this for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zEeJ2X0uFg&index=6&list=PL4AA2CAF1947F471A

But since they're both done by the same composer, I suppose that's why haha

LotusHD

Banned

tumblr_ll2cmfLK1h1qgboibo1_500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom