• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I like how after that meme took off Urouge defeated a commander off screen.

Ray Down

Banned
I like how after that meme took off Urouge defeated a commander off screen.

Took off then, man share the Urouge been a thing since the fanclub opened on Naruto Forums.

21.gif

LotusHD

Banned
One Piece has been a part of my life constantly for at least half of it. I'm half-serious. It's really, really important to me. When life was shit, there was always One Piece to look forward to. I actually attribute One Piece for me being alive in some (very) small way. When I was suicidal, there was a comic that was always brimming with hope and positivity. It's always so positive, and about rising above the smog of a cruel world despite any and all opposition that it's easy to relate to it if you're in a bad place. One Piece is a story about hope despite the silliness and powers and stuff. It has never gone away and it has always been there and always (mostly) consistent. It's just how I feel about it. I'm pretty sure the day it ends I will cry for ten minutes straight.

I just wanna share my love for it as much as possible.

I hear ya. Anyone that knows me knows that I'm definitely not one to be a fanboy, whether it be for music, celebrities, etc., but One Piece and by extension are total exceptions. I'm also cheap as hell, but if some box set that had the entire series ever released, I'd buy it, shitty pacing and all. The characters, the world building, the themes it touches upon (even when at times it's heavy-handed), I just love it all. It is the only series I'm into where I would be legitimately sad when it ends, or utterly devestated if I was somehow unable to see how the story ends.

At some point, it's gonna start mirroring an actual proposal lol, where I look into my friend/SO's eyes, and be like "So, have you heard of One Piece?" It's ultimately a talk that has to be had with anyone that plans on staying in my life long-term.

Share the love, share the One Piece & share the UROUGE:

cbb3ba_5873011.jpg

When did this whole Urouge love start lol? Is it after it was revealed he took down a Sweet Commander?

EDIT: Lol, it was before that? The internet is a funny place lol

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Tell us, Ray. Regale us with the tale of "The Rise of Urouge"

Ray Down

Banned
When did this whole Urouge love start lol? Is it after it was revealed he took down a Sweet Commander?

EDIT: Lol, it was before that? The internet is a funny place lol

Yup, though to be fair the Urouge was for the most part a giant posting random stuff thread.

Though a lot of us did truly share Urouge Wisdom.

Book of Urouge 13:37

"And then bring unto me, the smiles of man, so that I may combine them." And so he did. "Behold, the smiles, they are combined, their strength multiplied" and truly, they were, for Urouge: Holder of Smiles, was a generous God. And He bestowed upon them an extra set of lips, so that they may paint the canvas of Heaven with his divine Gift twice as much.

Book of Urouge 96:69

"Have I not served, and shared His Gift? Have we not shared laughter and smiles, as if He were among us? Are we not part of His smile immemorial, a frown turned inside out and upside-down?" Pearls of sweat glistened upon his brow, and his smile had faded, warped into a mixture of disbelief and regret. Urouge wept as he descended once more upon the mortal realm and embraced his disciple: "It is not just smiles that decide, it is my smile." And then he cast out what once was his most loyal of Apostles, into the fiery bowels of Tacos. "In my temple, friend and foe are alike; and [they] are not allowed to frown"

Book of Urouge 24:04

"Yet now you are happy, not because you were made sorry, but because His Smile led you to repentance. For you became smiling as Urouge intended and so were not harmed in any way by his power.

Tell us, Ray. Regale us with the tale of "The Rise of Urouge"

Dude, I join in 2013 when I swear it was at thread 102....it's currently at 298.

got to ask around to figure when it started.

RalchAC

But Robin with that top and that awesome hat.

Cowboy hat >>>>>>>> sunglasses.

I miss Robin hats so much. I wish she would use some again sometime in the future.

Yup, though to be fair the Urouge was for the most part a giant posting random stuff thread.

Though a lot of us did truly share Urouge Wisdom.

Book of Urouge 13:37

"And then bring unto me, the smiles of man, so that I may combine them." And so he did. "Behold, the smiles, they are combined, their strength multiplied" and truly, they were, for Urouge: Holder of Smiles, was a generous God. And He bestowed upon them an extra set of lips, so that they may paint the canvas of Heaven with his divine Gift twice as much.

Book of Urouge 96:69

"Have I not served, and shared His Gift? Have we not shared laughter and smiles, as if He were among us? Are we not part of His smile immemorial, a frown turned inside out and upside-down?" Pearls of sweat glistened upon his brow, and his smile had faded, warped into a mixture of disbelief and regret. Urouge wept as he descended once more upon the mortal realm and embraced his disciple: "It is not just smiles that decide, it is my smile." And then he cast out what once was his most loyal of Apostles, into the fiery bowels of Tacos. "In my temple, friend and foe are alike; and [they] are not allowed to frown"

Book of Urouge 24:04

"Yet now you are happy, not because you were made sorry, but because His Smile led you to repentance. For you became smiling as Urouge intended and so were not harmed in any way by his power.

Dude, I join in 2013 when I swear it was at thread 102....it's currently at 298.

got to ask around to figure when it started.

If you've just made up those versicles.... Hats off to you. Really. You're well versed in the art of writting religious texts.

LotusHD

Banned
I wonder how powerful Shanks is. He isn't just a yonko for charisma. He has to have the strength to back up his title.

Sometimes I lowkey dislike Shanks because of how much praise and what not he gets despite us knowing little to nothing of his actual combat capabilities. (And on a smaller note, it's slightly befuddling seeing him in OP games despite us not knowing how he actually fights) I don't know if overrated is the right word for it, but from my perspective, while I do enjoy his character, I'll wait to shower him w/ praise or w/e once he actually does something lol

Sometimes I lowkey dislike Shanks because of how much praise and what not he gets despite us knowing little to nothing of his actual combat capabilities. (And on a smaller note, it's slightly befuddling seeing him in OP games despite us not knowing how he actually fights) I don't know if overrated is the right word for it, but from my perspective, while I do enjoy his character, I'll wait to shower him w/ praise or w/e once he actually does something lol
Blackbeard>Shanks

I see what you're saying but his feats already speak to me.

-The only person to do physical damage with his Conqueror's Haki
-Clashed with WB and split the clouds
-Appeared at the Marineford War and shut that shit down with his presence alone.

I think he has the best Haki in the world. Using that raggedy sword with a missing arm, OP Haki would more than make up for that. He is probably one of the best swordsman in the world after being Mihawk's rival too.

SolVanderlyn

Shanks is my favorite character in any anime ever. No hyperbole

I see what you're saying but his feats already speak to me.

-The only person to do physical damage with his Conqueror's Haki
-Clashed with WB and split the clouds
-Appeared at the Marineford War and shut that shit down with his presence alone.

I think he has the best Haki in the world. Using that raggedy sword with a missing arm, OP Haki would more than make up for that. He is probably one of the best swordsman in the world after being Mihawk's rival too.
He'll meet his end soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom