• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogodei

He just seems too perfect for now, much like Ace did in the past. OP characters (at least the heroic ones) get by on a combination of being wacky or over-the-top badass, Ace (aside from the narcolepsy) stood out for just being generic bishie good guy. Sabo continues that legacy, but without even the narcolepsy.

Chase17

Excuse me sir!! Sabo is a treasure

Hold this fire fist
2bfccbcee2ce988aa3aa6428a1e7f82e1538b36a_hq.gif
I'll give him some more time to grow on me.

He just seems too perfect for now, much like Ace did in the past. OP characters (at least the heroic ones) get by on a combination of being wacky or over-the-top badass, Ace (aside from the narcolepsy) stood out for just being generic bishie good guy. Sabo continues that legacy, but without even the narcolepsy.
I guess his major shortcoming right now is feeling bad about having memory loss and not trying to help ace. Which is kind of a good thing, but I don't like memory loss/regain stuff, so no good!
Sabo is fine, but Law is a dead man walking

So Law is like totally going to give eternal life/youth to someone right?
Or at least get attacked over it lol
Usopp to get immortality.
I would love to see sabo kick blackbeard's ass to revenge ace but i know blackbeard is reserved for luffy
Who isn't reserved for Luffy right now? Zolo v mihawk. I know there is some other stuff I'm not thinking of right now.

I'll give him some more time to grow on me.

I guess his major shortcoming right now is feeling bad about having memory loss and not trying to help ace. Which is kind of a good thing, but I don't like memory loss/regain stuff, so no good!

Usopp to get immortality.

Who isn't reserved for Luffy right now? Zolo v mihawk. I know there is some other stuff I'm not thinking of right now.
Kizaru,greenbull,fuji. Possibly akainu. Honestly I don't think he'll touch the admirals.

smurfx

get some go again
He'll meet his end soon
i'm afraid we wont ever see shanks go all out. when he and blackbeard finally clash i doubt we see the whole fight since oda is likely holding back blackbeards full power for his eventual fight with luffy. the only hope we have is that shanks loses his fight with blackbeard but isn't killed. shanks comes back in the end and helps luffy take on the world government and we finally see what shanks can really do. of course if shanks somehow survives it's because his crew saves him while most if not all parish in the blackbeard fight.

I find it hard to have a strong opinion on Sabo right now. There's nothing to hate there, but he also hasn't really given me a reason to love him yet. He's just kind of there.

LotusHD

Banned
Except for Ace fanboys, not really.

Sabo is more of an interesting character than Ace, to be honest. But I'm not an Ace hater.

I like Sabo more, but found Ace more interesting, at least him as a kid anyways. But that's only really because ultimately we know little about Sabo.

I find it hard to have a strong opinion on Sabo right now. There's nothing to hate there, but he also hasn't really given me a reason to love him yet. He's just kind of there.

True.

Chase17

replacement ace>ace

And Sabo still has room to grow. I liked his aristocracy/common folk thing especially as where your born being important in the series (celestial dragon stuff) increases. Although I'm not sure his roots will even be touched on again (and it doesn't really need to be).

Ace serves his purpose, but I can't say I hold any attachment to the character.

Edit: Oh wait, Ace may have my favorite cover page story

Sometimes I lowkey dislike Shanks because of how much praise and what not he gets despite us knowing little to nothing of his actual combat capabilities. (And on a smaller note, it's slightly befuddling seeing him in OP games despite us not knowing how he actually fights) I don't know if overrated is the right word for it, but from my perspective, while I do enjoy his character, I'll wait to shower him w/ praise or w/e once he actually does something lol

Shanks stopped the war just by being there. How is he not strong?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
My top 3 characters are probably Usopp, Zoro, and Garp (in that order). Just behind those 3 are Luffy, Crocodile, Doffy, Sanji, and Enel (not in any particular order)

LotusHD

Banned
If we are talking non-Strawhats mine would be

Luffy
Nami
Zoro

At one point before Oda decided Tashigi sucks it was

Luffy
Nami
Tashigi

But those are Straw Hats lol...

For Straw Hats:

Top 5

Zoro
Luffy
Usopp (Rose dramatically after Dressrosa)
Robin
Sanji

Overall:

Law
Zoro
Luffy
Doffy
Mihawk

Pudding can officially rise onto this list once this arc ends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom