• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooooo oo I forgot to say. Film gold damn good stuff. Favorite film. Wife loved it because everybody got some time. Beautiful visuals, everything we both love about one piece in a nice complete package.

Tesoro caught us by surprise being a great freaking villian in our opinions of course.

All that without getting into spoilery territory

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Ooooo oo I forgot to say. Film gold damn good stuff. Favorite film. Wife loved it because everybody got some time. Beautiful visuals, everything we both love about one piece in a nice complete package.

Tesoro caught us by surprise being a great freaking villian in our opinions of course.

All that without getting into spoilery territory

Sanji got a woman hurt. Sanji is slipping

LotusHD

Banned
Loved Film Gold as well. Fired on all cylinders, music was especially great, and I liked how it ended lol

Them posing as Celestial Dragons had me deceased lmao. Also, I wish Carina was canon...

Loved Film Gold as well. Fired on all cylinders, music was especially great, and I liked how it ended lol

Them posing as Celestial Dragons had me deceased lmao. Also, I wish Carina was canon...
My wife:
She joined the crew in the manga didn't she don't lie
Me:no

Her:liar

Lol

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Spoilers may be out but not trans but it looks like OP is on break next week.

Called it!
I knew that after next chapter there'd be a break. My One Piece senses have adjusted to his scheduling, even with the excessive holiday breaks.

Ray Down

Banned
Chapter spoilers
Chapter title is "Germa's Dud"

Reiju is sleeping in the infirmary.
She should be able to recover enough to attend the tea party tomorrow.
Sanji went there and is looking out for Reiju.
When she wakes up, her memory is all messed up.
Sanji starts to tell Reiju the truth of what happened.

Prisoner Library
They lit the book up and were able so successfully escape the book.
Soon after breaking out, Luffy starts losing his ability to move due to an empty stomach.
However, he still runs up the stairs to rescue Sanji.

Ray Down

Banned
Chapter Spoilers
Infirmary
Reiju believes Sanji's words
Reiju had been investigating Pudding herself, as she thought she seemed too much of a good person
Sanji's pretty desperate, and Reiju tells him that "I think the Germa should crumble like this"
Reiju proposes to act as if they knew nothing.
Sanji's against it, and Reiju starts talking about the circumstances around Sanji's birth.

Reiju could not forget a certain memory
When their Father had said he would turn the soon to be born children in emotionless machines, the mother was fiercely against itThe surgery was done against her will, but the mother drank a powerful medicine that would influence their bloodline's genes, in order to stop the father's wild ambition.

There was no effect on the 3 older children, but Sanji alone was able to grow up as human.

Because of that medicine, the mother kept getting weaker and weaker, but she had no regrets

Father blamed Sanji for the whole thing, and started treating him badly

Judge is Tywin, Sanji is Tyrion

Ray Down

Banned
Chapter spoilers
Because of that medicine, the mother kept getting weaker and weaker, but she had no regrets

Father blamed Sanji for the whole thing, and started treating him badly
Reiju: "There's no way you are a failure"
Reiju: "The child born with the "emotions" that mother protected with her own life"
Reiju: "That's you...Sanji"
Reiju: "That's why you are kinder than anyone else!!!"

Reiju tells Sanji to abandon the Germa and escape.

Reiju: "(Big Mom?) is not interested in your savior's life, I think.
Reiju: "Father and the brothers who hold the sea restaurant hostage will be killed tomorrow."
Reiju: "It's a just retribution! We're a band of assassins!!"」
Sanji : "I too have nothing but resentment towards them...but why do you have to die...!?"
Reiju : "There is still "emotion" within me, but...I am an "accomplice", built unable to refuse Father's orders."
Reiju: "My hands are stained...I deserve to die."
Reiju: "I forgot to say something...that bracelet won't explode or anything. I switched it (with a dud)."
Reiju: "Do you have any other reasons not to leave this island!?"
Reiju: "Get a hold of yourself, Sanji!! Think hard about what's important for you!!
Reiju: "You won't be able to see that great bunch of people anymore!!!"

Veelk

Banned
Ugh. There are few storytelling tropes I hate more than "remove their emotions" when they're clearly still emotional.

Yea that's why I said breh. I'm like dafuq, you could've shared that earlier...

Shouldn't you have said "Sis..." then?...or would it have been "Seuh" then? "Suh"?

Cwarrior

I absolutely loved Film Gold, the movie is jam packed with excitement & fun, thanks to a much stronger script it's the best one piece movie so far.

I can say this movie you don't actually have to be a one piece fan to enjoy.

My eyes melted to the beautiful colored sakuga.

What's interesting is the final fight was story boarded by oda himself.

LotusHD

Banned
Ugh. There are few storytelling tropes I hate more than "remove their emotions" when they're clearly still emotional.

Shouldn't you have said "Sis..." then?...or would it have been "Seuh" then? "Suh"?

Eh, sometimes I use it and the word "bruh" interchangeably, but it's slang I like to use when I read/hear something that shocks or dumbfounds me

Film Gold was great. Nami was a focus so that's always a plus. Fun hijinks and lots of cool moments. The villains were pretty cool too. Only issue I had with it can be summarized in one word: boobs.

LotusHD

Banned
Film Gold was great. Nami was a focus so that's always a plus. Fun hijinks and lots of cool moments. The villains were pretty cool too. Only issue I had with it can be summarized in one word: boobs.

Lol yea, they were everywhere.

---

Concerning the chapter:

Surprised he went to Reiju so quickly, and that she believed him instantly.

Veelk

Banned
I may be unwillingly and irrationally compelled to finish stories I hate, but that doesn't mean I'm going to go out of my way to also consume the side content as well. I will never watch any one piece film.

LotusHD

Banned
Ok guys, please have common sense and label your spoilers. Are for Film Gold or for the next chapter? This is important, thanks.

Film Gold spoilers:

- This was the first movie I watched where I actually kinda wish it could've been an arc. Tesoro had such an interesting backstory there, would've been nice to have had it fleshed out. Not to mention having a location where both pirates and marines can chill without getting at each other's throats sounds very appealing. Would've been a great way to bring back some old faces, to say the least.

- I don't know who the hell Rob Lucci thought he was talking to, Akainu would turn him into ashes. CP0 be thinking they the shit lol

- Raise Max is a hero.

- That Lucky Lucky DF is scary as shit

- Once again, I wish Carina was canon

Ray Down

Banned
Ch. spoilers

What? Redeeming Reiju?

No I see people wanting Oda to redeem Sanji shit head brothers with science since Judge just made them that way, with this chapter.

I just see it as a shitty hand wave excuse to not only make them good.

LotusHD

Banned
No I see people wanting Oda to redeem Sanji shit head brothers with science since Judge just made them that way, with this chapter.

Oh true. Well like I said earlier I believe, they were bad due to Judge's influence. I too hope they don't suddenly become all goody two-shoes though.

Veelk

Banned

Well, I don't disagree. Generally speaking, it's always iffy to tamper with tropes that are specifically designed to erode the character of your characters. It's why I, with exceptions, dislike insanity tropes. Other than usually being inaccurate depictions of mental illness, it basically takes away responsibility from the characters doing the actions.

Still, it's not like we get organic reasons for why many villains act the way they do. Doflamingo was given a sympathetic backstory, and even then everyone insisted he was a maniac in the making since childhood.

I think there is a mistranslation of some sort. It makes no sense to say that the 3 brothers have no emotions, since they obviously do. Maybe they specifically meant empathy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom