• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSESN

They had no way of knowing that Sanji would be watching. Not to mention, they were already in the middle of things when Sanji showed up. And Reiju had already been shot prior to that.

I don't think you can really make a credible "Pudding is just putting on an act" theory right now.

Well sanji was going to visit Pudding to give her food, and the door was a homie. I would be really surprised if the door homie stayed quiet about it.
And it's really strange to me that Pudding brought Reiju to her room that made it easier watching her.
I agree it's not credible right now, but Oda pulled bigger twists than this.

Well sanji was going to visit Pudding to give her food, and the door was a homie. I would be really surprised if the door homie stayed quiet about it.
And it's really strange to me that Pudding brought Reiju to her room that made it easier watching her.
I agree it's not credible right now, but Oda pulled bigger twists than this.

The door didn't know that Sanji was going to go around towards the balcony. And even if it did, they wouldn't have been able to know how long it would take Sanji, or when he would be in earshot of them.

I assume that Pudding took Reiju to her room because it was the most convenient private place to handle things, without having to worry about other people coming and going, or wondering what she was doing in there (since it's her private room).

(And from an out of universe perspective, Oda needed a convenient way for Sanji to overhear what she was saying)

NSESN

The door didn't know that Sanji was going to go around towards the balcony. And even if it did, they wouldn't have been able to know how long it would take Sanji, or when he would be in earshot of them.

I assume that Pudding took Reiju to her room because it was the most convenient private place to handle things, without having to worry about other people coming and going, or wondering what she was doing in there (since it's her private room).

(And from an out of universe perspective, Oda needed a convenient way for Sanji to overhear what she was saying)

Yeah, should be it, i think i am overthinking.

Ray Down

Banned
This chapter is a lot better seeing how the spoilers made it sound like Zeff was ok because the Germa didn't care.

Still don't care for the whole cuff being a fake the whole time.

Like I get Judge ordered her, but afterwards like when she fixing up his beater face she couldn't of told him.

Jinbei is seen with 2 legs btw.

Taborcarn

So technically jinbe is officially in the crew now.

Unless a twist

NRn8Pz52eSioU.gif

Reiju is now officially the princess of this arc and she seems unlikely to start crying in every scene later on. She has the inherited will of her mother fully established, she is central to this whole arc. Bad news is that means she can't be a strawhat but good news is that Pudding and Carrot can.

Also Sanji has the soul of a maiden. That is why the treatment didn't work on him.

MiTYH

I go back and forth if I want him to join, but ever since the revelation of a fleet, I thought he'd fit in better there with Aladdin and Hatchi and the other fishmen we know, rather than onboard the ship as another attacker.

I know it can be said his "dream" is to unit fishmen and humans, and I know we need to get the Strawhats up a few members, but right now I'm feeling anti-Jimbei crew

I don't want Jimbei to join the crew, because I find him a tad on the boring side and I don't feel like he adds a whole lot, but I'm resigned to the fact that it's close to a lock. I just want Oda to give me Carrot as well so that we can get someone entertaining on the crew, too.

LotusHD

Banned
I don't want Jimbei to join the crew, because I find him a tad on the boring side and I don't feel like he adds a whole lot, but I'm resigned to the fact that it's close to a lock. I just want Oda to give me Carrot as well so that we can get someone entertaining on the crew, too.

If anything, people become more interesting/lively when they hang out with the Straw Hats long-term. (i.e. Law for example)

Ray Down

Banned
Jinbei has to join because we need a strong crew to match BB's crew.

When he joins the number's match...unless we count Doc horse as a crew member or Kuzan joins.

Red Fire

- the time is coming to welcome our fish brother. He will join the MAIN CREW not the fleet though
- reiju is cool and i don't think she will die
- i can't believe people here still talk about pudding joining
- brook killed big mom by now I'm sure

This chapter was kind of a lead up to the climax, pumping sanji up, reintroducing Jinbei and setting luffy and co. free. Shit's 'bout to go down now. And since the wedding should start within the next few chapters I'm really looking forward to them. Bummer that there's a week off.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I guess any hope for the brothers to be redeemed is out. This chapter straight up says they have no emotions.

Yonji seems to have more than the other two though. Freaks out about women, wants to be recognized, is a general smartass. Still mean, but doesn't come off as callous as the other two. Being the outright weakest helps with that image a bit too.

Ray Down

Banned
I guess any hope for the brothers to be redeemed is out.

Good frankly fuck his whole family barring Reiju.

Though maybe they get redeemed though humble pie.

Which is just a nice way of saying they need there ass/head kicked in hard.

Yonji comes off as the little bro that wants to act all tough.

I guess any hope for the brothers to be redeemed is out. This chapter straight up says they have no emotions.

Yonji seems to have more than the other two though. Freaks out about women, wants to be recognized, is a general smartass. Still mean, but doesn't come off as callous as the other two. Being the outright weakest helps with that image a bit too.

Did anyone ever think they would be? Sanji's family have basically been portrayed as Nazis ever since they were introduced.

RalchAC

They modified her body, so she can bear those genetic modified children. She took the drug to screw with the modification and to get "failed" ego normal kids, which was only Sanji. That's why, he had a special place in her heart.

That's still the big secret. I guess, either her genetics are closer to Sanji than her other brothers. So she had good part of there powers (just weaker) and can resist the order of her father on some level. Or the connection to her mother changed her, which would give her brothers also the possibility to change.

No matter which way this goes, her father never found out of her resist, since Sanji was always weaker and Reiju simply followed orders.

I think, it would be weird, if the Vinsmokes randomly failed with there experiment. His mother being forced into it and screwing with the project, to give birth to a normal child, has much more agency.

It's not about how they failed with the experiment. I just don't think that it's necessary to say "Poor 1, 2 and 4 are assholes because his father experimented with them so they could be assholes by nature". It's completely unneeded. And, in any case, I don't see taking a drug really "mother-like" or good, or anything. You can't really say "I'm going to consume X grams of Y to produce Z effect". There are a lot of other factors. Risking her and their lifes doesn't make much sense to me.

In any case, it's not that weird to see a fetus being smaller compared to the rest in cases of multiple pregnancy. Sanji could have absorbed an smaller amount of whatever made them superhumans, or whatever.

I just don't like those things. I think they are unneeded, and the chapter could have focused on different stuff. I just don't see a purpose in all those explanations. It doesn't change what we think of the characters, and it doesn't make us hate Judge more than we did before.

The dead mother trope has a reason, why it gets used that often. Children from a healthy family have less reason to seek adventures. Becoming a pirate means becoming a criminal, so you need to be a little wrong in your head to go for it. Also if you have no good influence as a child, you rarely become a good person.

So the dead mother trope gives you an early good influence and a troubled family condition at once. A good way to get a moralistic good adventurer.

I get it. It has a reason. I get it, but that doesn't change the fact that's overused. Luffy is as adventureous as it can get and we don't know if his mother is dead. He just met Shanks and decided to follow his steps. Makino could have been his mother, or Dadan, and it wouldn't have changed a thing, I'd say.

Zoro didn't need a deceased mother. Franky either, he was just left in Water 7 because their parents wanted to be pirates.

What I don't like, is that as far as "martyr mothers" go, we've already had better examples. Like Bellmere. Or Otohime, even if her sacrifice had more to do with her will to finish the racism between humans and fishmen.

I go back and forth if I want him to join, but ever since the revelation of a fleet, I thought he'd fit in better there with Aladdin and Hatchi and the other fishmen we know, rather than onboard the ship as another attacker.

I know it can be said his "dream" is to unit fishmen and humans, and I know we need to get the Strawhats up a few members, but right now I'm feeling anti-Jimbei crew

After the blood transfusion scene, I consider anyone that isn't part of #TeamJimbei a monster.

Go watch it again, MiTYH!

You knowwwwwwww... I guess at least Reiju resolved the issue with the exploding bracelet, but tbh I wish it would actually explode, as a test against Sanji's conviction and whether or not he's developed armor haki.

Squishy3

You knowwwwwwww... I guess at least Reiju resolved the issue with the exploding bracelet, but tbh I wish it would actually explode, as a test against Sanji's conviction and whether or not he's developed armor haki.
Do you mean armament haki? Because he's had armament haki.

God all the female outfits in One Piece Film Gold are so fucking embarrassing. Literally all of them, no exception. Every single female character that appeared had 3 options as outfits:

1. Huge (and I'm talking HUGE) cleavage put on the dumbest outfits
2. Bikini
3. Gold bikini armor (not even kidding)

My forehead was red by the end of it due to all the facepalms that happened.

IHaveIce

Banned
So regarding this chapter:

Oda set it up so Sanji could say that they just leave but then they would need to get Brook and the Poneglyph.

But knowing Luffy he won't let this slide and wants to punish either Pudding or Big Mum.

The biggest surprise would be though if the Germa just beat Big Mums soldiers. Then there is still the bomb..

I doubt the Germa will die here.. we were teased about the stories of them and I think something will happen regarding that

Yeah, the main issue here is that even though Sanji finally realizes to return to the crew, everyone is currently split up, so they can't leave yet.

For everything that's been set up for the wedding, like Pudding attempting to kill Sanji, Germa's downfall, the bomb, and whatever Capone is planning, it seems like Sanji is going to get roped into the wedding ceremony anyway. I wonder how exactly that will happen after seeing this chapter. It feels Luffy is going to fight another strong opponent in order to kill time, maybe Katakuri because we haven't seen him/her at all yet and we're already into the second half of the arc.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Wonder what color Jinbei jinbei is this arc?

i loved his orange out fit in ID-PW but didn't really like the green in FI.
Yellow would look good on him.

I can see people disliking Jinbei, but come on. This has been built up for ages.

Oh boy. New One Piece this week.
Pretty okay chapter. I look forward to next wee--
*sees One Piece is on break again*
Ah. Well, okay. T_T

To touch on some interesting parts in this chapter:

- Jinbei mentions that his crew is still under Big Mom. I think he didn't lose anything. He backed out of the roulette because the result might have lead to his death and some of his crew's life spans. It could have ended up being a similar situation to what happened with Zepo and Pedro.

- Nami's callback to Little Garden made me chuckle.

- Reiju seems prepared to die along with Germa. She brings up the fact that her hands are dirty and how she's been an accomplice to their war crimes. I don't think she'll die, but at some point in this arc, I expect whatever sins she carries to be stuck with her.

- The part of the Vinsmoke siblings being emotionless doesn't sound right and might be a mistranslation. We've seen Niji and Yonji display emotion, and we just saw Reiju crying in this chapter. They are anything but emotionless.

- We finally get the name of Sanji's mother. Oda has been teasing us on what the process of genetically modifying children in the womb is like. What kind of drug did Sola use to try to counter-act this? How was it supposed to work? I hope we get the answers to these questions before the arc ends.

Side note: I don't even know what was happening in this thread on page 249. lol

Ray Down

Banned
I don't think there emotionless, just they lack the emotion to feel and sympathies with others; Empathy.

Reiju didn't have the same experiment as the bros just stuff to modify her to follow Judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom