• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Down

Banned
The reason we talk about Pudding so much is due to the fact her reveal is so good and fun. The fact a minor character overall this arc has done something every major is awesome. At this point she is a major force this arc.

But this arc isn't just about her, if anything this arc focus on Family issues both in Sanji and BM's.

So those issues in the end have to be dealt with or at least somewhat in BM case. Nami is especially important in BM case.

Samemind

The reason we talk about Pudding so much is due to the fact her reveal is so good and fun. The fact a minor character overall this arc has done something every major is awesome. At this point she is a major force this arc.

But this arc isn't just about her, if anything this arc focus on Family issues both in Sanji and BM's.

So those issues in the end have to be dealt with or at least somewhat in BM case. Nami is especially important in BM case.

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't just variations of "Pudding is great!" and "Get fukt Sanji!" over and over for the past few weeks. I could bet I just described at least 1/3rd of all posts since Pudding's reveal.

LotusHD

Banned
It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't just variations of "Pudding is great!" and "Get fukt Sanji!" over and over for the past few weeks. I could bet I just described at least 1/3rd of all posts since Pudding's reveal.

We'll shoot for 2/3rds next time she does something awesome.

I mean, yeah, there's a lot of posts about Pudding (and probably at least 20% of them are mine), but she is also a genuinely exciting new character in the series, and most of the recent chapters have been centered around her or her actions.

It's not like people are going on about Monet right now.

She shows up in one panel....80 posts about lol Pudding is awesome.

We should have spoilers tonight btw.

Which means dodging spoilers for the next 36 hours for me.

Ray Down

Banned
I mean, yeah, there's a lot of posts about Pudding (and probably at least 20% of them are mine), but she is also a genuinely exciting new character in the series, and most of the recent chapters have been centered around her or her actions.

Why does she have a lot of fans?

LotusHD

Banned

I just find it disheartening when people complain, because like you said, she literally revealed her true self a few weeks ago, so damn, can't blame people for getting excited over a nice twist. And at any rate, the Pudding love has long since calmed down for the most part, so I don't really know what else to do other than to stop talking about her altogether. (I refuse.)

Ray Down

Banned
One Piece 853 Spoilers so far:

Title is "Not Here"

Brook has been captured by Big Mom
Her Pirate Tricone "Two Angled Hat Napoleon", Prometheus, and Zeus are from her own soul.
Pudding is a half-blood from a three eyed race The Third eye has some secret power, but Pudding isn't sure she'll unlock it since she's only half.

Tamago has the Tama Tama no Mi. Apparently, he can turn into a chicken.

Ray Down

Banned
10/10 chapter based on spoilers, More spoilers:
Brook wasn't able to steal anything, and Big Mom is relieved and starts to be affectionate towards him.
Luffy crashes up into the infirmary where Reiju is. She tells him that Sanji was here a little while ago and Pudding's true nature. He tells her not to worry if she's not deceived by her and leaps out the room.

Reiju: "Where are you going?"
Luffy: "This isn't the place I promised I'd be!"

I can never predict One Piece, why do I ever bother lol

Secret power being confirmed sounds hype tho

Yup pretty great, hope it's psychic related like my theory.

Yonko Trans:

*Chapter 853 "Not here!" * Mom caught Brook by the head and is caressing it The pirate hat Mom wears, "Two-horned Napoleon", the thundercloud Zeus and the sun Prometheus are parts of Mom, which received soul directly from her; these 3 are on a different level than the other souls.

The chess soldiers inspect Brook and find out nothing has been stolen. Mom is relieved and pets/cuddles Brook.

Mom: "I can't let the Poneglyph's copy to be stolen, you see~~" Mom: "If they take it away and someone gets to Raftel before me again I'd look like a fool, no?" Mom: "I'm not going to mess up again like the time with Roger!"

Pudding comes to Mom.

Mom: "What happened? Did you unleash the true power of your third eye or something?"

Pudding: "I'm mixed, remember? There's no guarantee I can awaken that kind of power." Mom: "Sorry, sorry. but there's no mistake, you do have the blood of the rare third-eye tribe within you."

(Note: The "mixed" Pudding says means that she's not a full-blood Third-eye tribe.)

Pudding notices Brook is there and acts all nice again, then tells Mom she'd like to speak to her in Mom's room in private.

3rd floor, inner garden

Baron Tamago has changed form, turning into Viscount Hiyoko (Hiyoko = chick) Pedro cuts Hiyoko in half. The cut Hiyoko tries to change form again According to a subordinate, Baron Tamago has the "Tama Tama no Mi": from Baron Tamago it can apparently evolve to Viscount Hiyoko and Count Niwatori (Niwatori = Chicken) Pedro heard that Count Niwatori is supposed to be a true knight, and tries to deliver the last blow before the evolution. The soldiers try to stop Pedro, but Pedro, after making sure that the soldiers are gathered around him, stops attacking Hiyoko and takes out a dynamite stick he was secretly holding, and makes it explode.

Mirror World

Bropper manages to save Pedro from the explosion in the nick of time, using a mirror that was in the inner garden. Bropper hears about what happened to the other crewmembers from Pedro and goes to save them. Carrot asks the mirror for everyone's whereabouts, and the mirror answers honestly.

3rd floor Baum

Luffy is looking for Sanji while kicking the soldier's asses. Reiju grabs him and brings him into her room. Reiju tells him that Sanji was there till moments ago and knows about Pudding's true self. Luffy is relieved that Sanji is aware of her lies and runs out of the room.

Reiju: "Where are you going?" Luffy: "The place of the promise is not here!!"

Sanji is alone in the castle, deeply thinking. (I can't turn back anymore...Luffy...) Luffy runs out of the castle and goes to that place.

Veelk

Banned
I don't think those spoilers are real. Because if
Pudding hasn't reached her full powers, that implies she has room for self improvement
. And since
she is already perfect
, that can't possibly be the case.

marmoka

Banned
I don't know what the hell is going on, I just see black lines here.

Edit:
OK, next chapter spoilers. After all we are getting a new chapter this week. I read somewhere there would be no chapter until the next one, many weeks without One Piece :D

Principate

Saint Titanfall
10/10 chapter based on spoilers, More spoilers:
Brook wasn't able to steal anything, and Big Mom is relieved and starts to be affectionate towards him.
Luffy crashes up into the infirmary where Reiju is. She tells him that Sanji was here a little while ago and Pudding's true nature. He tells her not to worry if she's not deceived by her and leaps out the room.

Reiju: "Where are you going?"
Luffy: "This isn't the place I promised I'd be!"

Yup pretty great, hope it's psychic related like my theory.

Yonko Trans:

*Chapter 853 "Not here!" * Mom caught Brook by the head and is caressing it The pirate hat Mom wears, "Two-horned Napoleon", the thundercloud Zeus and the sun Prometheus are parts of Mom, which received soul directly from her; these 3 are on a different level than the other souls.

The chess soldiers inspect Brook and find out nothing has been stolen. Mom is relieved and pets/cuddles Brook.

Mom: "I can't let the Poneglyph's copy to be stolen, you see~~" Mom: "If they take it away and someone gets to Raftel before me again I'd look like a fool, no?" Mom: "I'm not going to mess up again like the time with Roger!"

Pudding comes to Mom.

Mom: "What happened? Did you unleash the true power of your third eye or something?"

Pudding: "I'm mixed, remember? There's no guarantee I can awaken that kind of power." Mom: "Sorry, sorry. but there's no mistake, you do have the blood of the rare third-eye tribe within you."

(Note: The "mixed" Pudding says means that she's not a full-blood Third-eye tribe.)

Pudding notices Brook is there and acts all nice again, then tells Mom she'd like to speak to her in Mom's room in private.

3rd floor, inner garden

Baron Tamago has changed form, turning into Viscount Hiyoko (Hiyoko = chick) Pedro cuts Hiyoko in half. The cut Hiyoko tries to change form again According to a subordinate, Baron Tamago has the "Tama Tama no Mi": from Baron Tamago it can apparently evolve to Viscount Hiyoko and Count Niwatori (Niwatori = Chicken) Pedro heard that Count Niwatori is supposed to be a true knight, and tries to deliver the last blow before the evolution. The soldiers try to stop Pedro, but Pedro, after making sure that the soldiers are gathered around him, stops attacking Hiyoko and takes out a dynamite stick he was secretly holding, and makes it explode.

Mirror World

Bropper manages to save Pedro from the explosion in the nick of time, using a mirror that was in the inner garden. Bropper hears about what happened to the other crewmembers from Pedro and goes to save them. Carrot asks the mirror for everyone's whereabouts, and the mirror answers honestly.

3rd floor Baum

Luffy is looking for Sanji while kicking the soldier's asses. Reiju grabs him and brings him into her room. Reiju tells him that Sanji was there till moments ago and knows about Pudding's true self. Luffy is relieved that Sanji is aware of her lies and runs out of the room.

Reiju: "Where are you going?" Luffy: "The place of the promise is not here!!"

Sanji is alone in the castle, deeply thinking. (I can't turn back anymore...Luffy...) Luffy runs out of the castle and goes to that place.
Haha the secret super bitch hasn't even unlocked her final form yet. I wouldn't be surprised if she was the Kerrigan of this story. SC1 Kerrigan not the imposter that shows up in SC2.

cLOUDo

True power of her third eye? Hypnosis? Seeing the future?
So let us guess

latest

So, by
the promised place
, does
Luffy mean where he and Sanji fought? Doesn't seem like he could accomplish much from there

RalchAC

The thread looking like a CIA report again is good news. May the OP Manga thread not fall into madness again until the inevitable break in mid to late February.

New chapter hype! As always, I will try my best not to read them.

LotusHD

Banned
Saw some of the pics:

Heh, I called it, Carrot actually isn't half-bad at drawing the Straw Hats, all things considered.

And by that I mean, compared to Luffy's shitty drawings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom