• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pudding not letting BM know about her (clearly fully opened) third eye is very suspect.

Opening the the third eye is a very specific mystical thing so the translation might be off or it might be misleading on purpose. Third eye might be like some specific observation haki training that only someone with 3 eyes can do.

I don't think there's any way that Luffy can beat Big Mom.

I'd like to see her lose to something unexpected. The whose haki is bigger pissing contests are not as entertaining as crazy specific counters.

Veelk

Banned
I'd like to see her lose to something unexpected. The whose haki is bigger pissing contests are not as entertaining as crazy specific counters.

I mean, he might, because this is OP and Luffy is kind of overpowered (I really don't think he should have even made a dent in BM's army, personally), so it might happen, but I don't want it to.

First off, just in terms of haki pissing contests, Big Mom should have an advantage here period. All the Yonko should.

Second, this is her place of power and she has all her underlings here, including the commanders which Luffy was just barely able to beat one of. Meanwhile, Luffy is running with the weaker half of his crew and only Sanji seems like a big enough powerhouse to even compete with everyone.

Third, her DF fruit powers just seem kind of insane. I know every fruit has a counter, but I'm not sure what the counter to "eats your soul" is supposed to be if Brook wasn't it. Nami can control the weather, so that might take care of the sun and thunder things, but it shouldn't be so easy. And of course, you also have the hat thing. And I suspect that's not the only thing she put her soul in.

Big Mom just has such a huge advantage that the only thing I would find believable is Luffy surviving Big Mom, maybe getting a few hits in here and there. But I just don't see how, if Big Mom went serious, Luffy would stand a chance as he is now.

But I still think Doflamingo would have had it in the bag if he didn't try to use his strings as weapons to hit Luffy but instead constrain him. There's just this tactical sense that OP lacks that I'm not comfortable with. Doflamingo spent the entire time getting punched across the city from Luffy's Gear 4, so he when Luffy does his King Kong Gun attack, he decides "I'm just gonna tank this bitch!" with a flimsey spider shield and those 16 bullet attacks. If he just decided to use his string clone decoy and wait him out, or atleast try to constrain Luffy so he can't move, he'd have had a much easier time defeating him, but instead he just lets it hit him directly.

If Big Mom goes stupid and just walks into Luffy's punches, then yeah maybe he does have a chance, but I really hope that's just not the case. She has so many tools at her disposal, it'd just be a shame to see her fall to the basic shit many of Luffy's opponents fall to.

RomanceDawn

Maybe Pudding is the main villain this arc. She's manipulating/controlling Big Mom behind the scenes.

Luffy breaks Pudding's control and is allowed to go. This all happens after Vinsmoke family loses power.

I actually do think Pudding is the main villain this arc, not that she's the most powerful of course but that she is the main problem to deal with.

There's just this tactical sense that OP lacks that I'm not comfortable with.

If you look at the early chapter it was very kinetic especially with how Oda drew Luffy's attacks. But that sort of thing requires a lot of panels. Panels now are much more densely packed with detail. In terms of tactics Doflamingo was maybe right to try to cut Luffy with his strings but that wasn't really made obvious in a visual way and anyway haki counters cutting so it doesn't really make sense to draw attention to it.

In this chapter we saw that Brook really counters Big Mom's lesser spirits but can't deal with her big 3 so we can guess that these three are probably her main source of combat power. Her main weapons. If each one is countered by one of Luffy's crew it might leave her in a weak position.

I don't know what the counter so soul eating is but in One Piece abilities this are normally reversible like with Gekko Moriah and Sugar.

This chapter show that things are ratcheting up. Lol Pedro doesn't have time to wait for people's bs. Carrot's drawings were fantastic.

The mention of Roger makes me want to see Big Mom's backstory more and more. I still think she's evil, but she's to have been involved with some major events in the history of the world. I'm really interested in her powers too. We knew that Zeus and Prometheus were her primary weapons but the hat also has a part of her soul. I wonder what would happen to Big Mom if those three were destroyed.

Pudding is probably just going to tell Big Mom about her testing out the weapon on Reiju. I am a bit confused however on whether or not Brook is playing dead or actually completely beaten.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I know it's far off, but I was thinking about Luffy and Big Mom's big fight, and I was thinking it would be on where it all started, Fishman Island. During the fight, Shirahoshi would grow a spine and activate her Posiedon powers and call upon the Sea Kings to stomp Big Mom. It won't be enough but like Law's Gamma Knife on Doflamingo, it would be a sustainable injury.

You think we'll get a situation this arc where Mont D'or is taken out and all his books are broken and the things inside freed? Yeah it's exactly like Dressrosa and Sugar but it's clearly setting up for something like that.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I still think Pudding is probably hiding something from Big Mom (I'm going with the Lola memory swap theory) but the eye thing is interesting to me. BM knows she has the physical eye, but what if she actually does have whatever mystical power BM is referring to?

Also

1lpDxuJ.jpg

The thing with beating Big Mom now is that I don't her getting taken out and the rest of Totto Land just sitting quietly. This isn't a Dressrosa situation where the citizens are on Luffy's side. Ever single person in Totto Land knows what Big Mom is and is capable of. There's no way Luffy can just beat her in her home turf and expect to get away free of consequence.

The thing with beating Big Mom now is that I don't her getting taken out and the rest of Totto Land just sitting quietly. This isn't a Dressrosa situation where the citizens are on Luffy's side. Ever single person in Totto Land knows what Big Mom is and is capable of. There's no way Luffy can just beat her in her home turf and expect to get away free of consequence.

Yeah, a big part of the mystery around the Yonko is their massive armies. If Luffy takes on BM, then that should mean a war.

Yeah, a big part of the mystery around the Yonko is their massive armies. If Luffy takes on BM, then that should mean a war.

Exactly. It's why the Strawhats got that massive fleet at the end of Dressrosa. You don't just pick a fight with a Yonko and win with a small crew. You're literally engaging a world power.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I mean, he might, because this is OP and Luffy is kind of overpowered (I really don't think he should have even made a dent in BM's army, personally), so it might happen, but I don't want it to.

First off, just in terms of haki pissing contests, Big Mom should have an advantage here period. All the Yonko should.

Second, this is her place of power and she has all her underlings here, including the commanders which Luffy was just barely able to beat one of. Meanwhile, Luffy is running with the weaker half of his crew and only Sanji seems like a big enough powerhouse to even compete with everyone.

Third, her DF fruit powers just seem kind of insane. I know every fruit has a counter, but I'm not sure what the counter to "eats your soul" is supposed to be if Brook wasn't it. Nami can control the weather, so that might take care of the sun and thunder things, but it shouldn't be so easy. And of course, you also have the hat thing. And I suspect that's not the only thing she put her soul in.

Big Mom just has such a huge advantage that the only thing I would find believable is Luffy surviving Big Mom, maybe getting a few hits in here and there. But I just don't see how, if Big Mom went serious, Luffy would stand a chance as he is now.

But I still think Doflamingo would have had it in the bag if he didn't try to use his strings as weapons to hit Luffy but instead constrain him. There's just this tactical sense that OP lacks that I'm not comfortable with. Doflamingo spent the entire time getting punched across the city from Luffy's Gear 4, so he when Luffy does his King Kong Gun attack, he decides "I'm just gonna tank this bitch!" with a flimsey spider shield and those 16 bullet attacks. If he just decided to use his string clone decoy and wait him out, or atleast try to constrain Luffy so he can't move, he'd have had a much easier time defeating him, but instead he just lets it hit him directly.

If Big Mom goes stupid and just walks into Luffy's punches, then yeah maybe he does have a chance, but I really hope that's just not the case. She has so many tools at her disposal, it'd just be a shame to see her fall to the basic shit many of Luffy's opponents fall to.
Eh keep in mind Do flamingo had his organs shredded been rag dolledc by Gear 4 and could barely walk let alone move. There's a good reason why didn't bother moving in that situation, he almost certainly couldn't no other character had been put through the level damage he been in as far One Piece id concerned outside of WB. Pulling that shit out of his ass woukd have been equally erroneous. The kind of deal you see in bleach. DD's issue is that he barely used parasite the entire match which should have been a fight winner at least against law.

Veelk

Banned
Eh keep in mind Do flamingo had his organs shredded been rag dolledc by Gear 4 and could barely walk let alone move. There's a good reason why didn't bother moving in that situation, he almost certainly couldn't no other character had been put through the level damage he been in as far One Piece id concerned outside of WB. Pulling that shit out of his ass woukd have been equally erroneous. The kind of deal you see in bleach. DD's issue is that he barely used parasite the entire match which should have been a fight winner at least against law.

Doflamingo string clone is an established power from before, so it wouldn't be like bleach at all. It's also low maintanence since we know he can leave it to fight on it's own without even paying attention to it. Maybe if it was established it took some effort to create, but we didn't really get that as far as I know. And he knows that, like he is, Luffy is on his last legs, so he just had his decoy take the hit for him, I just don't see how he wouldn't have won or how it would have been 'cheating' like bleach does. Of course, then he'd have had to deal with the remaining people against him, so he was at a loss anyway, but he could have atleast killed Luffy and a good chunk of the rest of Dressrosa.

Kworn

Banned
Maybe Pudding is the main villain this arc. She's manipulating/controlling Big Mom behind the scenes.

Luffy breaks Pudding's control and is allowed to go. This all happens after Vinsmoke family loses power.

This! Pudding wants Big Mom in that room alone as she will edit her memory with her fruit power, and has been potentially all along.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Doflamingo string clone is an established power from before, so it wouldn't be like bleach at all. It's also low maintanence since we know he can leave it to fight on it's own without even paying attention to it. Maybe if it was established it took some effort to create, but we didn't really get that as far as I know. And he knows that, like he is, Luffy is on his last legs, so he just had his decoy take the hit for him, I just don't see how he wouldn't have won or how it would have been 'cheating' like bleach does. Of course, then he'd have had to deal with the remaining people against him, so he was at a loss anyway, but he could have atleast killed Luffy and a good chunk of the rest of Dressrosa.
I'm talking about the movement and maintaining of someone who has had their organs shredded used all off their trumps and likely can't even physically move. He's not going to be in a position to scheme out a war of attriction. It was a last ditch effort for the both of them that's what that clash was supposed to represent.

Might as give a DF abilties invite use with zero drawbacks regardless of physical condition. It's down right silly DD was already a walking talking deus ex in terms of DF use since he we still maintining and using birdcage with all of that crap going on. Considering that ability can slice meteors something the rest of his move set doesn't even come close to.

The problem with that fight is not that Oda didn't add more bullshiy to DD

Veelk

Banned
I don't agree. If he couldn't move from damage to his shredded organs, he'd have keeled over and died right there. Instead he used his strings to "heal, but not heal", whatever that means. It's just typical one piece injuries stuff that should kill just leaves you slightly winded.

Whatever damage he had, he moved plenty during his entire fight with luffy. He was injured after the gear 4 clash, but he was still good enough to fly up and stuff. So I don't see movement as an issue.

I mean, I'm sorry, but the strategy you're implying makes no sense. "I can't win a war of attrition by using a decoy that takes little effort to make...so instead I'm going to directly clash with a giantified version of the attack that wrecked my shit!" The decoy would have atleast made more sense to try.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I don't agree. If he couldn't move from damage to his shredded organs, he'd have keeled over and died right there. Instead he used his strings to "heal, but not heal", whatever that means. It's just typical one piece injuries stuff that should kill just leaves you slightly winded.

Whatever damage he had, he moved plenty during his entire fight with luffy. He was injured after the gear 4 clash, but he was still good enough to fly up and stuff. So I don't see movement as an issue.

I mean, I'm sorry, but the strategy you're implying makes no sense. "I can't win a war of attrition by using a decoy that takes little effort to make...so instead I'm going to directly clash with a giantified version of the attack that wrecked my shit!" The decoy would have atleast made more sense to try.
He didn't heal at all. He stitched himself up as a makeshift temporary measure. That's the whole point of the gama knife temporary measure. Why on earth do you think he still wan't using string clones were the first was defeated and he got hit? The idea makes no sense.

Veelk

Banned
So that he wouldn't get hit.

I mean, he knows that Luffy's ability works on a short timer.

After that, he's physically helpless. So he needs to avoid Luffy until his gear 4th runs out. But luffy can track him.

The decoy clone seems like it can't be a more perfect solution to this. Get Luffy to chase and waste his shot on the clone while he sits back and wants for him to weaken.

I mean, maybe I'm forgetting some reason for why it wouldn't work, like maybe luffy can track the real doflamingo with haki, but I don't remember anything like that.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
So that he wouldn't get hit.

I mean, he knows that Luffy's ability works on a short timer.

After that, he's physically helpless. So he needs to avoid Luffy until his gear 4th runs out. But luffy can track him.

The decoy clone seems like it can't be a more perfect solution to this. Get Luffy to chase and waste his shot on the clone while he sits back and wants for him to weaken.

I mean, maybe I'm forgetting some reason for why it wouldn't work, like maybe luffy can track the real doflamingo with haki, but I don't remember anything like that.
The is why do you assume he even can make another string clone or capable of moving out the way. Your just assuming he can with nothing to back it up considering everything else he was doing with his string ability. Hear 4 has a 10 min timer why are you assuming all of Doffy's abilties have no draw backs at all especially when he specifically and notable stops using it after a certain point. Dof is already an inconsistenct character ability wise. His problem wasn't that he didn't pull out more bullshiy in his condition.

Veelk

Banned
Because there is nothing indicating that making his anything with his string requires effort on his part? I mean, you keep saying he doesn't need more random bullshit, but you're the one adding a mechanism to his ability that nothing implies was there. And no matter how you cut it, him using an ability he is established to be able to use with no drain on his energy, which is how his powers have been consistently depicted, is not bullshit. It's how his powers work.

As for why I believe he can move and make strings, that might be because I see him moving and making string attacks. Wild conclusion, I know, but I'm sticking to it.

RalchAC

Because there is nothing indicating that making his anything with his string requires effort on his part? I mean, you keep saying he doesn't need more random bullshit, but you're the one adding a mechanism to his ability that nothing implies was there. And no matter how you cut it, him using an ability he is established to be able to use with no drain on his energy, which is how his powers have been consistently depicted, is not bullshit. It's how his powers work.

As for why I believe he can move and make strings, that might be because I see him moving and making string attacks. Wild conclusion, I know, but I'm sticking to it.

This might be a bit of a stretch, but I definitely am in the camp that think it makes sense. By the time Luffy goes into Gear 4th, Doffy had already taken a Red Hawk (no Haki or anything, he ate the full punch) and Law's Gamma Knive, which is stated to be enough to kill a normal person.

He is just a monster, and if it wasn't for his ability to use his strings to heal his inner damage he would have been done for good. I think there is an interesting difference between his fighting style before and after the final fight. Before, he seems to go for a "quality over quantity" approach but, after taking as much damage, he decides to go for a "quantity over quality" approach instead with his Awakening.

And I think in some banter during the fight, Doflamingo thinks about how Luffy has been able to mix the rubber properties of his Devil Fruit with the hardness of Armored Haki, which I think meant that normal "string attacks" shouldn't be able to do much damage to him.

So, there are three options here: A) Gear 4th is too tanky for normal attacks (it uses a ton of Armored Haki, so it would make sense) or B) Doflamingo is too exhausted to concentrate in his smaller scale but harder to pull off attacks, which makes him go for a "quantity over quality" approach. or C) I'm looking too much into things.

The character to look at if you want to guess how paramecia fruits work mostly isn't Doffy but Luffy since we see the costs of using them on him and his training. Like as boring yet realistic humans we know that we use most of our energy just by existing unless we have very active lifestyles. We use more to maintain fat and even more to maintain muscles. The amount of energy Luffy seems to need is way more, even more when using his abilities. It uses energy just to sit down and do nothing, and more energy to use big paramecia moves but you won't see any special exertion until the characters are pushed to the limit and are running on empty.

Because Doffy was pushed to his limit we can say that his limit was if anything even higher than Luffy. Luffy is supposed to be the character that is more willing to burn huge amounts of energy compared to others. It was implied by the flashback that Doffy is more crafty when it comes to using energy efficiently like a normal experienced paramecia user not that he doesn't use energy.

Zoan fruit users are probably different like with Jack who was able to just keep going non stop.

I don't even think that it's silly or over thinking to talk about this. Right now the biggest point of dramatic tension in the manga is what Luffy is going to have for lunch.

Principate

Saint Titanfall

That's an entirely illogical assumption on your part that based on nothing and is pretty much contradicted by manga fact. It paramecia fruits do use stamina Luffy outright states Cracked had reached his limit in creating biscuits and his fruit works like Doffy's creating shit from thin air. He was even noted and shown to be stronger than Doffy. The whole it doesn't cost him anything is litterally something you made up.

RalchAC

That's an entirely illogical assumption on your part that based on nothing and is pretty much contradicted by manga fact. It paramecia fruits do use stamina Luffy outright states Cracked had reached his limit in creating biscuits and his fruit works like Doffy's creating shit from thin air. He was even noted and shown to be stronger than Doffy. The whole it doesn't cost him anything is litterally something you made up.

Luffy was able to stay in Gear 4th for so long because the sweets were an unlimited source of energy that counteracted Gear 4th energy lose, right?

Samemind

But....there's nothing stopping the note from falling out from under his jaw....or worse case scenerio, anyone should be able to see there is something inside of his skull in the appropriate lighting...

Goddammit, but I hate brook....

Though that is cool.
The cranium is a pretty closed compartment. I find it pretty reasonable for the print to not be visible or risking falling out.

NSESN

I actually do think Pudding is the main villain this arc, not that she's the most powerful of course but that she is the main problem to deal with.

This! Pudding wants Big Mom in that room alone as she will edit her memory with her fruit power, and has been potentially all along.

I don't know why people want this and it doesn't really make sense. I can see BM being tricked by Pudding but manipulated by her power? BM has homies everywhere spying everything, I can't see how Oda will be able to pull it off without making BM look stupid. This arc is already good, there's no reasons to undermine a stablished big player like BM to just make another character look more villainous.

Tizoc

I have decided to re-read the entirety of One Piece manga from the beginning.
Gotta say, the focus when the cast is sma-
...why y'all looking like you've seen the ghost of Belle Maire?

Anyways, I've made it to Arlong Park and have been quite enjoying re experincing the series only this time with a more proper translation.
However, the translation in the early volumes have stuff that irk me-
For one thing the translation would have various villains use Pirate lingo or dialect. There are also some odd translations like how in the Baratie arc, they opted to stick with the word 'Crap' instead of using more appropriate insults; it was very jarring.

Still it made me realize that the gang didn't struggle that much in the early fights like they would now-
Alvida vs. Luffy- Luffy's favor, he was never disadvantaged
Luffy vs. Morgan- Luffy's favor, Luffy wasn't that disadvantaged either
Zoro vs. Cabaji- The one fatal wound Zoro had was from when Buggy stabbed him, which he sliced open HIMSELF during this fight. Otherwise Cabaji wasn't much of a challenge for Zoro so at worst they were equally matched.
Luffy vs. Buggy- Equally matched IMO, but Luffy could've lost were it not for Nami tieing up Buggy's body parts.
Zoro vs. the Cat bros- Zoro was not disadvantaged, although Django's hypnotism would've given Zoro trouble taking down the fatter one.
Luffy vs. Kuro- Luffy's favor really, Luffy hardly suffered any major damage unlike Kuro's crew. Luffy winning by grabbing Kuro just before he started his flash step or whatever did feel rather cheap IMO.
Sanji vs. Pearl- Sanji took lots of damage from Pearl so I honestly don't know how to rank this :X
Sanji vs. Gin- It is obvious that Gin gets the upper hand here (for whatever bizarre reason Viz translated his nickname or title as Demon Man...), no matter what Sanji does he can't outbeat Gin.
Luffy vs. Krieg- This is Luffy's first ever REAL challenge, he took the brunt of Krieg's attacks but never faltered, bit by bit chipping away at Krieg and his arsenal. Krieg had a slight advantage, but Luffy's quick thinking in the fight helped him soldier through.

Feel free to point out any issues with my notes btw.

bjork

Still it made me realize that the gang didn't struggle that much in the early fights like they would now-

It's not an issue, but East Blue is referred to as the weakest of the seas. Probably a good way to set the story up, so when it isn't a steamroll later, it makes the villains seem that much more menacing? I don't know if that was the intention, mind you.

NSESN

I have decided to re-read the entirety of One Piece manga from the beginning.
Gotta say, the focus when the cast is sma-
...why y'all looking like you've seen the ghost of Belle Maire?

Anyways, I've made it to Arlong Park and have been quite enjoying re experincing the series only this time with a more proper translation.
However, the translation in the early volumes have stuff that irk me-
For one thing the translation would have various villains use Pirate lingo or dialect. There are also some odd translations like how in the Baratie arc, they opted to stick with the word 'Crap' instead of using more appropriate insults; it was very jarring.

Alvida vs. Luffy- Luffy's favor, he was never disadvantaged
Luffy vs. Morgan- Luffy's favor, Luffy wasn't that disadvantaged either
Zoro vs. Cabaji- The one fatal wound Zoro had was from when Buggy stabbed him, which he sliced open HIMSELF during this fight. Otherwise Cabaji wasn't much of a challenge for Zoro so at worst they were equally matched.
Luffy vs. Buggy- Equally matched IMO, but Luffy could've lost were it not for Nami tieing up Buggy's body parts.
Zoro vs. the Cat bros- Zoro was not disadvantaged, although Django's hypnotism would've given Zoro trouble taking down the fatter one.
Luffy vs. Kuro- Luffy's favor really, Luffy hardly suffered any major damage unlike Kuro's crew. Luffy winning by grabbing Kuro just before he started his flash step or whatever did feel rather cheap IMO.
Sanji vs. Pearl- Sanji took lots of damage from Pearl so I honestly don't know how to rank this :X
Sanji vs. Gin- It is obvious that Gin gets the upper hand here (for whatever bizarre reason Viz translated his nickname or title as Demon Man...), no matter what Sanji does he can't outbeat Gin.
Luffy vs. Krieg- This is Luffy's first ever REAL challenge, he took the brunt of Krieg's attacks but never faltered, bit by bit chipping away at Krieg and his arsenal. Krieg had a slight advantage, but Luffy's quick thinking in the fight helped him soldier through.

I think my opinions are quite the same, but there is 5 years i didn't read the east blue saga.

Luffy played around with every single East blue enemy except smoker

Even the beginning of the grandline had him cruising until crocodile. It was such a change of pace compared to protags that start out weak as hell

Reminded me of dragon ball at the time

Ogodei

Most of the East Blue villains were a challenge because of their unique powersets rather than raw skill or power, Buggy being the perfect example of it right from the beginning.

Arlong was definitely a challenge for Luffy, though, even setting aside the Devil Fruit's weakness.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
This Pudding love has gone too far, throwing Robin under a bus crossed the line. it cannot simply be ignored. This is some serious bordering into questionable taste.

Lunar15

Luffy played around with every single East blue enemy except smoker

Even the beginning of the grandline had him cruising until crocodile. It was such a change of pace compared to protags that start out weak as hell

Reminded me of dragon ball at the time

Luffy was more of a force than a protagonist. He still somewhat is, I don't really view him as the main character in most situations because he's rarely growing as a character. What Oda did was center each East Blue arc around an actual main character (Coby. Zoro, Usopp, Sanji, Nami) that had some kind of conflict in their life that could only be solved by uniting around the ideal that Luffy embodies. He's less of a protagonist and more of an idea that shapes the ideology of the world.

Hell, it even continued after that and is the basis for most arcs. The Strawhats are also now more of an idea than actual characters, and Oda tends to focus on some random new character.

Tizoc

What is this bizarre fascination with Pudding in here?
I see nothing about her that makes her anything remarkable o_O

Principate

Saint Titanfall
If..IF the clan is alive what's her purpose.

She serve the exact same purpose she always did. It's not a like a 3 eyes is going to suddenly join Luffy's crew. She's already not unique anymore which is a good thing. It feels like a fundamentally unfair competition is only one person can feasibly reach Raftel in the first place and hardly a war for the position of Pirate King.

Ray Down

Banned

Her reveal was awesome, changes a lot of what we thought about the arc, she was savage as hell to Sanji and others and she basically turns the good princess trope in some OP arcs on it's head (at least so far).

With her being revealed to be a liar and DF plus the Lola stuff you got to question her actions.

Now she's even more connected to BM goal of reaching Raftel and her race adds more mystery to OP world.

Also OP DF.

She more going for her then any possible evil woman in the series outside of BM and more interesting then other evil OP woman like Monet.

She serve the exact same purpose she always did. It's not a like a 3 eyes is going to suddenly join Luffy's crew. She's already not unique anymore which is a good thing. It feels like a fundamentally unfair competition is only one person can feasibly reach Raftel in the first place and hardly a war for the position of Pirate King.
Makes her more of a boring character than she already was. Just last arc we had the possibility of ppl coming after her yes well let's say that clan is alive and hiding why not go after them instead?

She's the greatest.

The reveal of her true nature was just a wonderful moment. Oda basically undercutting all of his typical "princess trope/Oda waifu" stuff and creating a magnificent character. And her troll faces are the best.

It's wonderful to have a "cute girl" character who is also really twisted and sadistic. And she just has the greatest dialogue. I've re-read those two chapters with her front and center a dozen times already.

LotusHD

Banned

What Ray said. I could say so much more, but if you don't get the love by now, I don't think it'll suddenly click with you lol

If..IF the clan is alive what's her purpose.

Her purpose doesn't just suddenly go away. As others have stated, this is actually great, because now at least one Yonko has a way of getting there. It's kind of dumb if only the main characters happened to have the only person in the world that could translate them. And it also maybe explains why the Yonko haven't gone after Robin themselves.

Also, who cares if Robin isn't the only one that can translate them? We still love her, it's not like some of the other Straw Hats are especially useful...

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Makes her more of a boring character than she already was. Just last arc we had the possibility of ppl coming after her yes well let's say that clan is alive and hiding why not go after them instead?

Nami isn't the only navigator in the world, her worth as a character isn't that she's one of a kind and if that was somehow the case she was a worthless character in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom