• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

IHaveIce

Banned
I don't get the ending, is Sanji now going to Luffy? Does he want to fight? Still to die? No idea what his intention is right now

Ray Down

Banned
Looks like Sanji is still conflicted on what to do just a bit.

Brook reaction is disappointing.

Luffy and Sanji next chapter hype!

Damn, Brook actually happened to have put in work.

I'm surprised he managed to injure Zeus, Prometheus, and Bicorne. Perhaps Brooke really is key to beating Linlin. Big Mom is savage though. The way she described killing the Vinsmokes was mafia like. She really is a sadist, the way she gives false hope to people only to take it away at the end. Nami electrocuting Chopper was hilarious. Sanji seems determined to meet back up with Luffy now.

All in all, a solid chapter.

KageZero

I'm still not clear how jinbei walked away from the roulette? I mean now it sound like he really just decided not to spin it and that makes no sense whatsoever.
Why would anyone spin that thing if its not required? Since mama was there, he somehow taunted her and escaped?
Without any extra info this is so out of place

I'm still not clear how jinbei walked away from the roulette? I mean now it sound like he really just decided not to spin it and that makes no sense whatsoever.
Why would anyone spin that thing if its not required? Since mama was there, he somehow taunted her and escaped?
Without any extra info this is so out of place
Well he probably went back on him, saying he would quit her crew. So he didn't have to spin it. But he just ended up betraying her anyway.

This is betrayal plain as day.

Tizoc

My prediciton for wano arc-
Zoro joins a faction and ends up having to fight luffy
GOD Sogeking leads anther faction that opposing zoro's

Regardless tho i want them to clear up tashigi and kuina and go more indepth about the swords

Also is it me or was hiskey peak the one and pnly time the story had zoro as the centeral character?

Edit- also i completely dorgot that dalton has a df

So the majority of the group are ready to leave, and now Sanji has finally decided to meet Luffy. Though after all that setup, I still think that the wedding ceremony will happen somehow. Maybe the third commander has something to do with it? Assuming that it's not Pudding.

Pekoms was mentioned but still hasn't been seen. There were theories that Jinbe/Sun Pirates saved him but we still know nothing. Capone has been strangely absent since then as well.

It felt like Jinbe was being kind of coy about the whole roulette thing. He didn't really say what happened. Based on what Brulee said, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense that he was just able to escape without punishment.

Kreed

One Piece 854:

Looks like Brooke is out of luck until Big Mom "puts him down", but everything else is going great for the Straw Hats thanks to Chopper, especially now that Big Mom's entire army thinks everyone's been taken care of thanks to incompetence/disloyalty. It would be great if we see all of the Straw Hats sneak out before the wedding, Sanji's family pissed off Sanji escaped, and Big Mom blowing herself up with the Straw Hats miles away, but I know things won't continue to go this smoothly.

NSESN

I didn't hate it, but I disliked this chapter a lot. BM and Pudding discussing in front of Brook makes no sense and the excuse to make the SH make a surprise comeback is really lame. Like how in the hell nobody saw Luffy and Nami escaping? Or how nobody thinks it is strange that Brulee disappeared?
My fear of Oda making the BM crew look stupid is sliwing becoming true.

Only good thing was knowing that Brook actually put a fight.

Red Fire

Guys. If you want to leave you have to spin the wheel (and die). You can always back out but then you have to stay with big mom. Like someone in this chapter said it is to make sure anyone can join big mom but nobody can leave. Simple as that.

What's so hard to understand?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Guys. If you want to leave you have to spin the wheel (and die). You can always back out but then you have to stay with big mom. Like someone in this chapter said it is to make sure anyone can join big mom but nobody can leave. Simple as that.

What's so hard to understand?

People need to stop reading One Piece like it's Bleach. All the speed reading is making people sound stupid.

Jigolo

Sanji Luffy reunite next chapter

7EAQos3.gif

LotusHD

Banned
Good to know nothing happened to Jinbe. I don't know why some of you seem to be confused on why he was able to walk away. Big Mom doesn't want to kill him if he acts like he's going to willingly stay with her.

I didn't hate it, but I disliked this chapter a lot. BM and Pudding discussing in front of Brook makes no sense and the excuse to make the SH make a surprise comeback is really lame. Like how in the hell nobody saw Luffy and Nami escaping? Or how nobody thinks it is strange that Brulee disappeared?
My fear of Oda making the BM crew look stupid is sliwing becoming true.

Only good thing was knowing that Brook actually put a fight.

Evil overlording or w/e is dumb at times, but I mean hey, she's a fucking Yonko. As far as she knows, everything is under her control, and there's no way Brook is getting away from her of all people unless she gets distracted. And said distraction will occur due to the rest of the Straw Hats and co. intervening. Besides, if it's that big a deal, Pudding is literally right there...

As for Luffy and Nami, people have seen them escape, hence the rumors being spread. However, no one of an actually important status (Minister and what not) knows about it other than Opera, while others that have encountered . Opera doesn't want to say shit, because he fears that Big Mom will kill him. Arguably yea, she'd kill him if she finds out he lied to her, but if he's lucky maybe he won't find out that he specifically fucked up and let them escape. Basically, Opera's the only one of influence that knows that shit has gone awry, and he's purposefully misleading Big Mom and his brothers and sisters in order to save his own ass. It's not a perfect lie as one of his siblings still harbors suspicions, but for now they're taking his word on it.

Additionally, after re-reading Ch. 852, it appears that Smoothie gave the order that the regular soldiers should basically keep their mouths shut and don't give Big Mom any bad news that would upset her and make her feel like her plan is threatened. So yea, they basically hope to take care of the issue without Big Mom knowing, as they're terrified of what would happen if she were to find out that they're fucking up.

As for Brulee, I don't know how exactly they "received word from Brulee", but they know she has access to a mirror world, so if they can't find her, I think it's reasonable for them to assume she's just chilling in there with Carrot and Bropper being held hostage.

Hmmm, I realy thought Luffy would be waiting for food until after the fighting was over. That would take him out of the main fight and would have been interesting. It does look like Sanji is going there now to feed Luffy and end this.

NSESN

Good to know nothing happened to Jinbe. I don't know why some of you seem to be confused on why he was able to walk away. Big Mom doesn't want to kill him if he acts like he's going to willingly stay with her.

Evil overlording or w/e is dumb at times, but I mean hey, she's a fucking Yonko. As far as she knows, everything is under her control, and there's no way Brook is getting away from her of all people unless she gets distracted. And said distraction will occur due to the rest of the Straw Hats and co. intervening. Besides, if it's that big a deal, Pudding is literally right there...

As for Luffy and Nami, people have seen them escape, hence the rumors being spread. However, no one of an actually important status (Minister and what not) knows about it other than Opera, while others that have encountered . Opera doesn't want to say shit, because he fears that Big Mom will kill him. Arguably yea, she'd kill him if she finds out he lied to her, but if he's lucky maybe he won't find out that he specifically fucked up and let them escape. Basically, Opera's the only one of influence that knows that shit has gone awry, and he's purposefully misleading Big Mom and his brothers and sisters in order to save his own ass. It's not a perfect lie as one of his siblings still harbors suspicions, but for now they're taking his word on it.

Additionally, after re-reading Ch. 852, it appears that Smoothie gave the order that the regular soldiers should basically keep their mouths shut and don't give Big Mom any bad news that would upset her and make her feel like her plan is threatened. So yea, they basically hope to take care of the issue without Big Mom knowing, as they're terrified of what would happen if she were to find out that they're fucking up.

As for Brulee, I don't know how exactly they "received word from Brulee", but they know she has access to a mirror world, so if they can't find her, I think it's reasonable for them to assume she's just chilling in there with Carrot and Bropper being held hostage.

Yeah, its not that bad, but I am still a bit disappointed.

As I expected, the mirror world is gonna be the safe haven for the retrieval team and possibly their key to escaping Whole Cake Island.

Jimbei not going through with the roulette because it was rigged to kill him is very noteworthy. Jimbei is prone to putting the well-being of others before himself, even if it's not in his best interest.
By declining to go through with the roulette and rebelling instead, he's becoming a little more selfish, just like his crew wanted him to be.

Poor Brook has been reduced to nothing more than an accessory. lol

And now it seems that Sanji feeding Luffy is going to happen before the wedding. Don't see how Luffy is going to stay out of the mayhem now.

RomanceDawn

Cool chapter I enjoyed it!

I know people aren't really satisfied with Opera lying and everyone but Mont'dor just taking his word for it but you have to consider the environment they live in. Opera did see his brother get his life sucked out of him just earlier that day, it was under different circumstances but it's still got to be scary. Then you have Smoothy, one of the 3 Sweet Commanders, who told everyone to keep the info about Brook in the treasure room a secret and that was only a few chapters ago. The kids don't want to upset mom because they know they might be getting a whoopin'. I think many of us can relate to that. That's just the environment they live in. As for the random mooks who let Luffy, Nami and Jinbe escape, it doesn't seem like many want to come forward and let anyone know that they were partially at fault either. They know what could happen so why wouldn't they listen to Big Bro Opera or Big Sis Smoothy? Keep that ship quiet and hopefully we can take care of the problem in secret is probably what they are thinking.

Fully expecting to see Brook fight Big Mom and/or the big Homies with Luffy and getting a clear explanation of how their powers interact with one another.

In the AP forums spoiler thread I talked about a potential payoff later in regards to not seeing Brook actually hurt Prometheus and only getting told about it for now. I have a feeling Oda wants to keep that to himself for now to have some sort of epic moment where Brook saves Luffy. If this was the first time Prometheus has actually taken damage then fighting it by conventional means must be near impossible. I can easily envision a scene with Luffy pointlessly swinging at Zues and Prometheus while they just wail on him with fire and keeping his support away with lightning. Brook jumping in with some epic attack saving Luffy in a way that only he could while getting an understanding on why Brook is able to do what he does seems pretty fitting and worth the off panel fight.

If something of that nature doesn't happen then I'll question why Oda off paneled all of Brook's fight with Big Mom, and if Brook doesn't get to later show his combat skills with Mom's abilities on panel when the action is in full force then I will really cry foul. It all seems like deliberate set up to me, so I'll just wait to judge that aspect until its all over.

Good for Sanji, now lets have them meet up, tear up and begin the counter attack!

RomanceDawn

Something interesting I forgot. Notice Pudding's reaction to Big Mom in this chapter. Looking somewhat put off by her savage speech. Very similar to the first time we saw her when Big Mom gobbled up a Homie but screamed in terror. What is it about her that causes that reaction? She seems just as mean and blood thirsty but then its like she has to take a step back from the awfulness of her mother. She seems a little more complex than I first thought.

Ray Down

Banned
Something interesting I forgot. Notice Pudding's reaction to Big Mom in this chapter. Looking somewhat put off by her savage speech. Very similar to the first time we saw her when Big Mom gobbled up a Homie but screamed in terror. What is it about her that causes that reaction? She seems just as mean and blood thirsty but then its like she has to take a step back from the awfulness of her mother. She seems a little more complex than I first thought.

She also gets really defensive when BM questioned her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom