• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acosta

For a second, I thought Opera had his mind altered by Pudding and she was playing more mindgames with us. But I guess that would fall in Death Note territory.

NSESN

I am looking forward to the next arc's female character that you peeps are gonna drop Pudding for :V.

Badass samurai working for Kaidou.

Wait I forgot the next arc is the reverie then:
Princess that totally doesn't look like Nami.

Acosta

I am looking forward to the next arc's female character that you peeps are gonna drop Pudding for :V.

The next arc female is going to be Kuina.

It is known.

Never surrender! Believe! Dattebayo

Edit: I forgot the next arc is Reverie, save this post for Wano :p

Veelk

Banned
I'm pretty much giving up on getting good female villains if Pudding turns out to be a dud. She and big mom are the final hopes. If an Yonko and her favorite can't keep their head on straight, who possibly can?

Tizoc

Wait what's Reverie?

EDIT: Man this scene slayed me
hqdefault.jpg

"If I were Crocodile where would I hide a bomb?
Wait if I want to THINK like Crocodile I should BE Crocodile!"

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Judging by his last posts, it seems like he's reading/watching everything for the first time? If so, he's nowhere remotely close to knowing about that.

Sorry, this thread has really turned to shit and it seems like everyone's an idiot or better off on /a/ jerking off about their waifu AND I CAN'T STAND IT FUCK!

Sorry sorry...

Tizoc

Oh THAT? I do recall there was an island the group had to go through before reaching Wano now that I think about it but I hadn't known the metting would take place there.

Sorry, this thread has really turned to shit and it seems like everyone's an idiot or better off on /a/ jerking off about their waifu AND I CAN'T STAND IT FUCK!

Sorry sorry...
Hey man that's uncalled for, I admit I speed read through the OP chapters but I only ever catch up with current OP events every 6 months. Until then I'm re-reading the series and posting about it here.

Judging by his last posts, it seems like he's reading/watching everything for the first time? If so, he's nowhere remotely close to knowing about that.

lol I've been a One Piece fan since the 2000s mate, I'm just re-reading the series to get re-acquainted ;)

Sorry sorry...

Come on, this thread is nowhere near as bad as /a/. The Pudding fascination is a bit abrasive, but it's not that overbearing.

Red Fire

From Sandman a OP translator on Arlong park.

"When Vivi appeared for the first time, Oda didn't have the intention of her being princess.
She would have been just defeated by Straw Hats and made her exit."

http://www.arlongpark.net/showthread.php?t=42229

Unrelated but regarding this quote:

"John Irons: What is Luffy's mother like? Was she beautiful? What happened to her? Did she die when Luffy was a baby?

Oda: I think she's alive. I'm still thinking hard about this. [Laughs] But if she does appear in the story, then she'll be a very tough-looking woman. And strict. There's no way that she's a beautiful mother. She's got this typical middle-aged woman's permed hair. Speaking about families, I did a backstory for Nico Robin and her family. That was actually the first time for me to draw a mother in a character's memory. Up until that point, I'd never drawn a blood relation. In Chopper's case, he's called a son even though he's not blood-related. So I've put in a message there saying that you can still call someone who's not related by blood your family. American Shonen Jump (December 2009 )"

What about Usopp's mother??

Ray Down

Banned
Unrelated but regarding this quote:

"John Irons: What is Luffy's mother like? Was she beautiful? What happened to her? Did she die when Luffy was a baby?

Oda: I think she's alive. I'm still thinking hard about this. [Laughs] But if she does appear in the story, then she'll be a very tough-looking woman. And strict. There's no way that she's a beautiful mother. She's got this typical middle-aged woman's permed hair. Speaking about families, I did a backstory for Nico Robin and her family. That was actually the first time for me to draw a mother in a character's memory. Up until that point, I'd never drawn a blood relation. In Chopper's case, he's called a son even though he's not blood-related. So I've put in a message there saying that you can still call someone who's not related by blood your family. American Shonen Jump (December 2009 )"

What about Usopp's mother??

Most likely forgot.

Lunar15

I'm pretty much giving up on getting good female villains if Pudding turns out to be a dud. She and big mom are the final hopes. If an Yonko and her favorite can't keep their head on straight, who possibly can?

Veelk, my friend, I think you're going to be really disappointed. I wager there's a 60% chance Big Mom actually ends up helping Luffy somewhere along the way.

Then again, is that all that surprising when both Buggy and Crocodile have too?

Veelk

Banned
Veelk, my friend, I think you're going to be really disappointed. I wager there's a 60% chance Big Mom actually ends up helping Luffy somewhere along the way.

Then again, is that all that surprising when both Buggy and Crocodile have too?

Probably, but that's the story of my life with one piece.

Here's what I want to happen for me to not consider the arc a complete disappointment:

1. The most important is that Luffy has a big all out fight with big mom that is as brutal as any other final boss he's had to fight.
2. Perhaps big mom can be brought around in some circumstances, but the even moster important thing is what makes Pudding appealing is how much evil she turned out to be. If she falls in love with Sanji or something, as one poster suggested, that's about the single worst thing that could happen to her. No redemption for Pudding because she doesn't need redemption. She's done nothing wrong.

Those aren't the only things that could go wrong for me, but they are the most important. If Oda can avoid those two things, then I can survive anything else he might throw at me.

Big Mom will cut loose a little bit, but the Straw Hats will just escape with their lives. No major fight with her.

He just forgot, lol.

First thing you know you're forgetting Usopp's past, the next thing you know you're the new Toriyama and you don't remember half of your characters.

Red Fire

Ruining the marriage, so no germa tech + ruinung the wedding cake + bomb going off + straw hats escaping + realizing the straw hats took a copy of the poneglyph + realizing jinbei is rebelling + realizing jinbei burned the prisoners book so all of her precious collection made it out + probably realizing capone's rebellion stuff + realizing cracker got down (remember her sending a storm in rage to urouge when he took down the other commander) + things like her own children lied to her like opera + i guess a lot of other stuff i dont remember right now

Big mom's gonna be FUCKING ANGRY

NSESN

Ruining the marriage, so no germa tech + ruinung the wedding cake + bomb going off + straw hats escaping + realizing the straw hats took a copy of the poneglyph + realizing jinbei is rebelling + realizing jinbei burned the prisoners book so all of her precious collection made it out + probably realizing capone's rebellion stuff + realizing cracker got down (remember her sending a storm in rage to urouge when he took down the other commander) + things like her own children lied to her like opera + i guess a lot of other stuff i dont remember right now

Big mom's gonna be FUCKING ANGRY

She already knows about Cracker, Prometeus and Zeus were part of the Revenge team to take down Luffy and Nami.

Damn Oda, why would you go and forget Usopp's past?

Usopp's flashback is literally five panels. lol

Here's what I want to happen for me to not consider the arc a complete disappointment:

1. The most important is that Luffy has a big all out fight with big mom that is as brutal as any other final boss he's had to fight.

I don't think I need to tell you that this won't happen at all.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Come on, this thread is nowhere near as bad as /a/. The Pudding fascination is a bit abrasive, but it's not that overbearing.

It doesn't help that there's so many avatars.

I guess by "idiots" I mean Veelk and his impossible expectations. Go the fuck away Veelk!

Probably, but that's the story of my life with one piece.

That's not happening. They're here to save Sanji and run like hell. Luffy might have to fight off Big Mom briefly to get everyone to safety, but he's not going to have a big fight with her (but if they do clash briefly, it will be made very clear that she's out of his league right now and that Luffy is just trying to hold her off for a few minutes).

Veelk

Banned
That's not happening. They're here to save Sanji and run like hell. Luffy might have to fight off Big Mom briefly to get everyone to safety, but he's not going to have a big fight with her (but if they do clash briefly, it will be made very clear that she's out of his league right now and that Luffy is just trying to hold her off for a few minutes).

Yeah, there is no reason that Luffy should be able to win as of now.

But for the fight that is there, I want it to be high octane brutal shit as befitting a struggle against such a power.

If we don't even get that, then...well, I've suspected that Oda has been specifically targeting me ever since he introduced a Strawhats fanboy named Bart. This will just be more confirmation.

It doesn't help that there's so many avatars.

I guess by "idiots" I mean Veelk and his impossible expectations. Go the fuck away Veelk!

If you don't like Veelk, that's fine. But he has the right to post here as much as anyone. (hopefully in more summarized posts)

If you two want to discuss this, just take it to PMs.

I don't want Pudding to job against Nami.

Pudding hasn't even shown any combat prowess as of yet.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
People give Skypiea a lot of shit but rereading it in the manga everyone gets at least one fight. Think if Oda did that today...nothing would get done.

RalchAC

I know, I just want her to be a good fighter, and Nami's fights are the ones I like less in the crew.

EDIT: Thinking better I don't want Pudding to fight at all, I can't think of a way of making her powers something that isn't useless or broken

If she was a capable martial artist and armored Haki user she could erase people memories of training and change them with kitten youtube videos when punching people in the face.

Quite broken indeed.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
People give Skypiea a lot of shit but rereading it in the manga everyone gets at least one fight. Think if Oda did that today...nothing would get done.
OP was still following a formula at that time. I would say it lasted up until Enies Lobby. After that the series became more nuanced - it wasn't just "good guys fight the bad guys" anymore, with a villain for each hero.

Look at Marineford or Impel Down. LOTS of fights, but nowhere near as choreographed.

Ray Down

Banned
Haven't posted this but there will be more SBS outside of volume release this year:

https://orojackson.com/proxy.php?im...pI.jpeg&hash=1a40ad493c76622d0d1e9d5a1e0d4d90

- Usopp Gallery Extra (It says many pics and drawings will get featured.)

- Question and Answer (In this section, successive OP editors will answer questions about Oda, OP and editorial department etc.)

- Photos sent by audience about their OP collection items. (ex. poster and OP-decorated smartphones)

- OP Senryu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom