• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

IHaveIce

Banned
*new English Jump is out* Urgh, I violently cringe every time I see "Zolo". Resisting the urge to punch the screen.
I'm so glad the german translation team does not work with the US team.

I mean we have Ruffy instead of Luffy and Lysopp instead of Ussop but these kinda work and Zoro stays Zoro and works as a reference to Zorro the masked

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Lyssop actually doesn't sound bad. It's more justified than Ruffy or Zolo.

...this is probably an unpopular opinion.

Chase17

Really liked the Sanji stuff in this chapter. Hopefully things start to trend up for him now.

Also Jimbei just deciding to not chance things, the iq!

Ogodei

Or how much hay the episode made out of her desire to go out and see the ocean.

Then again, i thought the same thing about friggin' Shirahoshi and her wish to go out and see the forest (or was that just because she wanted to see Otohime's grave?)

Ray Down

Banned
Or how much hay the episode made out of her desire to go out and see the ocean.

Then again, i thought the same thing about friggin' Shirahoshi and her wish to go out and see the forest (or was that just because she wanted to see Otohime's grave?)

Shirahoshi joining never made sense unless there a shrink ray to make her smaller considering she is bigger then the Sunny, that and her power would just destroy the islands they are on.

Nah she wants to see a forest I guess.

By far, anime fillers has nothing to do on how the story flows, not a foreshadowing, not a hint.

And if it was really important to her character it would have been shown in the manga not in a mostly filler episode of the anime.

ckohler

I understand it's just filler. I'm not arguing that the episode should be taken as evidence that she could join the crew.

However, the episode does appear to be in line with her character so far. If it is, it only makes me like her more and I hope she will be further expanded on in the manga as well.

For what it's worth, this week's One Piece Podcast did talk briefly about the possibility that Oda could have let the anime producers in on more about Carrot for this episode than what's been revealed in manga but that's just conjecture. I'd like to believe but I kinda doubt it.

NSESN

Wouldn't Carrot would be an unusual name in Japanese? It's not "Ninjin".
It's very rare of Oda to name someone with a japanese name. I mean you have the samurai, but basically everyone has a western name.
Even the name of the manga is in english.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
It's very rare of Oda to name someone with a japanese name. I mean you have the samurai, but basically everyone has a western name.
Even the name of the manga is in english.
The Usopp bros all had Japanese names.

Tamanegi is Onion, etc.

Ray Down

Banned
OP Chapter 855 Spoilers:

Bobbin bounty is 155.5 million
While soldiers come to the bobbins, Bobin alone follows the Sanji
Mirror world
Bropper peeping through mirror Mama's bedroom
Brook's figure in the hands of Mama while sleeping
When Mama sleeps and sleeps on the mirror of the room, Prometheus, Zeus, Napoleon who responded to that sound attack all at once

Sanji running with bento through the rain town followed by stray dogs

Mirror world
Bropper who made a fake Brook using the skeleton which was in the execution place switches between Brook and fake Brook

Sanji at the promised place
Numerous soldiers are falling down Look for Luffy

Mirror world
Brook Open the skull and take out a copy of Poenegliff

Brooke "Yes, it is a copy, is not it, Pedro often happens to be such a thing"
All together "Did you get it?"
Brooke ' yes'

Just after getting rejoiced, 'lets bring back Sanji'

Promised place
Loud sounds coming from the far side
Sanji who found Luffy whose face is like a mummy
Sanji smiles and has tears.