• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not reading those spoilers but Brook better go off!

One of my favorite SH along with Zoro and Robin. I think he may be my favorite character period.

Ray Down

Banned
I was kind of hoping Brook didn't have it because I had another theory on how they would get it.

Hopefully we have more than 20 chapters left, I rather Oda give a lot of time to the wedding day.

Ogodei

The fact that he didn't even try to do a pun like "Wanda" shows how much Oda cares.

It still begs the question of why she tagged along, then. Pekoms and Pedro had ties to Big Mom, Wanda seemed close with Nami. Why Carrot, of all the other Minks, or why any other Mink at all?

I'm not saying her joining is likely, but you have to wonder what the narrative purpose is.

LotusHD

Banned
It still begs the question of why she tagged along, then. Pekoms and Pedro had ties to Big Mom, Wanda seemed close with Nami. Why Carrot, of all the other Minks, or why any other Mink at all?

I'm not saying her joining is likely, but you have to wonder what the narrative purpose is.

To nickname Chopper as Bropper of course.

Ray Down

Banned
Im nearly considering abandoning other OP sites besides AP becuase of idiots on sites.

It not a good thing when Im reading posts half the time and this is my reaction:
latest

LotusHD

Banned
Jesus Luffy...

Brook MVP this arc. Napoleon reveal is nice too, because I know we was all wondering how the fuck is a hat of all things a threat.

Metal B

The last panel with Luffy is unusually disturbing. He has strange wrinkles all over his body and almost looks like a corpse.
I guess, Oda shows here, that the cliché "Shounen Hero eats a lot" is actually serious this time. Luffy has to eat a lot to keep his strength. Just a day and too many battles without eating, starvs him almost to death! It makes Sanji look much more valuable to the reader now, since his role in Luffy's plan to become the Pirate King is much more clear. His cooking gives Luffy the strength needs in battles and having a great cook, who knows what he is doing and get the most of any kind of food, is extreme valuable for him.

Sanji isn't simple a cook, he is Luffy's pre-battle buffer.

Metal B

Remind me if robin's mother was a part or roger's crew or not?
We don't know. It was never mention so far, but she was very often away from home.
But Robin's mother wasn't necessary for Roger, since he could read the Poneglyphe by himself.

The whole scene with getting Brook was hilarious. He really is the MVP this arc although I'd say all the Strawhats are putting in work this time around.

Bicorne being a sword was unexpected. I also didn't think Bobbin had such a low bounty.

Luffy looks like his water deprived self from Arabasta.

Nibel

Brook the fucking MVP, damn. Didn't expect this to happen and yet here we are

And wow @ Lufffy's current condition, dude looks like a corpse

Great chapter 🔥

GhostBed

Nice, looks like we'll get a (probably short) Bobbin V Sanji fight next week.

Brook da hero. Good that Oda finally let him do something this important. Hope that trend keeps up.

KageZero

Good chapter, finally some nice SH moments.

The only thing i really don't like is how big mom soliders are hiding stuff from each other.

Even if Smoothie and Opera had their reasons, Boobin doing it as well is too much stretching it. I really don't like how that part played out, especially from yonkos crew who had emphasizes put on their intelligence operations.

Metal B

The only thing i really don't like is how big mom soliders are hiding stuff from each other.

Even if Smoothie and Opera had their reasons, Boobin doing it as well is too much stretching it. I really don't like how that part played out, especially from yonkos crew who had emphasizes put on their intelligence operations.
They are pirates and not solideres or trained guards. How often did Luffy or other parts of his crew either discard strategies or fail at none trained task? If we know something about pirates, then how strongly they prefer there freedom of choice over common sense.
Imperal Down is a good comparison, where the administration always knew, where the prisoners where going, since the trained guards were shared there informations.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Well, that's also part of my theory.. that Raftel reveals that the true history is that the Lost Civilization came from space. That's why the "Celestial" Dragons look kinda like astronauts.

I mean, we've already seen what, at least on the surface, looks like a UFO. That giant thing that sucked Capone's ship into the air.

Raftel is the vessel civilization used to migrate from the moon to the earth. It's as big as an island, partially submerged, and is now treated as one. The "raft" used to get to earth.

Calling it now.

It would be very, very Oda to have Enel's random plan and more random cover story be *the* most important thing that's happened in the entire story thus far.

!

Seesaw15

Oda has done a good job setting up Big Mom's character and how she punishes simple mistakes that I can buy her crew hiding stuff. The dynamic is literally set up more as a family than a pirate crew and with family most kids will lie to their parent/try to fix a situation if they break a vase or spill juice on the carpet. In Boobin's case it's not like he knows that everyone else is hiding something and that the situation is snow balling out of control. All he knows is that Sanji got the drop on him but still can't/won't escape the island because of the blackmail/exploding handcuffs. Less risk of Boobin losing any life if he just handles it by himself and doesn't let it get back to Big Mom.

Anteater

So, will the Strawhats stay for the wedding? The only reason for them to stay would be for Reiju, but they can just force her to leave now if they want to, rather than wait for the wedding.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Called it! Inside his skull the whole time. Brook you are the man!

Big Mom is crazy armed though. Not only does she have Zeus and Prometheus for elemental attacks, but Napoleon is a big-ass sword.

Sanji's really back! But man, Luffy looks like hell. It's clear that Sanji's cooking is extremely important to him, especially since he spent hours running and fighting.
So yeah, anyone that calls Sanji useless can fuck off.

Tizoc

Called it! Inside his skull the whole time. Brook you are the man!

Big Mom is crazy armed though. Not only does she have Zeus and Prometheus for elemental attacks, but Napoleon is a big-ass sword.

Sanji's really back! But man, Luffy looks like hell. It's clear that Sanji's cooking is extremely important to him, especially since he spent hours running and fighting.
So yeah, anyone that calls Sanji useless can fuck off.

tbh Sanji was way more proactive than Zoro's ever been.
You have Sanji fooling Crocodile during Alabasta, then him taking off on his own to chase after Robin on the Sea Train.
I look at Zoro and...he just feels like the 'muscle' of the group. You can praise him taking all the brunt and power of Kuma by the end of Thriller Bark, but what else has he done that is on the same level as Sanji's actions? Only one that comes to mind is the Whiskey Peak arc and after that he was just there for fights and the occasional comical skit.

Kreed

One Piece 855:

Things are going "way" too smooth right now thanks to Chopper, but I'm enjoying this. Looks like everyone who called Brooke hiding the rubbings in his head were on the mark. The entire Brooke rescue was hilarious. The biggest surprise for me this chapter was Bobbin actually being important/having a large bounty. I'm guessing he'll confront Luffy and Sanji and either they'll double team him or Chopper and co will rescue the two of them from Bobbin after he puts them to sleep. The Big Mom and Sanji family reaction chapters are going to be amazing (plus an explosion).

Oxn

tbh Sanji was way more proactive than Zoro's ever been.
You have Sanji fooling Crocodile during Alabasta, then him taking off on his own to chase after Robin on the Sea Train.
I look at Zoro and...he just feels like the 'muscle' of the group. You can praise him taking all the brunt and power of Kuma by the end of Thriller Bark, but what else has he done that is on the same level as Sanji's actions? Only one that comes to mind is the Whiskey Peak arc and after that he was just there for fights and the occasional comical skit.

Right......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom