• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geg

Most of this chapter read like something out of a gag manga, I loved it.

Also Napoleon actually being a giant cutlass is fucking great

Dandte

tbh Sanji was way more proactive than Zoro's ever been.
You have Sanji fooling Crocodile during Alabasta, then him taking off on his own to chase after Robin on the Sea Train.
I look at Zoro and...he just feels like the 'muscle' of the group. You can praise him taking all the brunt and power of Kuma by the end of Thriller Bark, but what else has he done that is on the same level as Sanji's actions? Only one that comes to mind is the Whiskey Peak arc and after that he was just there for fights and the occasional comical skit.

I want to quote the one piece wikia for this

Zoro is also very perceptive, something he demonstrates by providing important and logical decisions at critical times and by evaluating the situation from an objective point of view, as he did in Water 7 by evaluating the best way to handle what, at the time, seemed like Robin's betrayal, and again when the crew wanted to bring Usopp back after he challenged Luffy to a duel over the Going Merry and lost. Zoro is the one who noted that Usopp was at fault for leaving the crew of his own accord.

Sanji may be the better tactician but Zoro is much more rational and aware of the sitation he is in and what is going on.

Also he had an awesome team card with nami in the op trading card game which made me win a good amount of times at locals.

Great chapter. Brook is the man this arc. And the scenes of them trying to rescue him from Big Mom's clutches were flat out hilarious. The end page with Sanji finding Luffy was really heartwarming, too.

Geg

I'm just learning that the anime apparently did a filler episode after Jack's second attack on Zou that features a lot of extra scenes of Carrot interacting with the Straw Hats as kind of a prelude to her deciding to journey with them. That's actually... a really good idea for filler? I may need to watch that now.

GhostBed

So, what's the next move for the Straw Hats?

Are they going to try to escape? Is the wedding not going to happen? I always expected the ceremony to happen in one way or another, but I don't really see how we'll get there at this point?

Maybe Sanji decides to go through with the wedding in order to save Reiju. But he could also just take her with him? IDK, feels like things could happen in a lot of different ways right now.

NSESN

I really liked that Oda take his time to make Brook escape, it is a good chapter to me just because it seems much less rushed than last weel. BTW, what is Bobbin's power?

Red Fire

I really liked that Oda take his time to make Brook escape, it is a good chapter to me just because it seems much less rushed than last weel. BTW, what is Bobbin's power?

I guess some kind of hypnosis power since he put the other guards into sleep with his mind or something

Go off, Brooke!!! I like how casual he is about the whole situation too. He was literally in the clutches of a Yonkou and he was sleeping and acting a fool as usual. And even with his escape he isn't mortified about what happened and feeling down and out. I guess when you've gone through the isolation and loneliness that Brooke has (which can be truly detrimental to an individual, especially for lengthy periods of time) even being with someone like Big Mama isn't all that bad. Great stuff. Lol at asking for the panties.

And yeah, this does show how important Sanji is. Luffy needs Sanji if he wants to become Pirate King.

tbh Sanji was way more proactive than Zoro's ever been.
You have Sanji fooling Crocodile during Alabasta, then him taking off on his own to chase after Robin on the Sea Train.
I look at Zoro and...he just feels like the 'muscle' of the group. You can praise him taking all the brunt and power of Kuma by the end of Thriller Bark, but what else has he done that is on the same level as Sanji's actions? Only one that comes to mind is the Whiskey Peak arc and after that he was just there for fights and the occasional comical skit.
Nope.

Ray Down

Banned

Are they going to try to escape? Is the wedding not going to happen? I always expected the ceremony to happen in one way or another, but I don't really see how we'll get there at this point?

Maybe Sanji decides to go through with the wedding in order to save Reiju. But he could also just take her with him? IDK, feels like things could happen in a lot of different ways right now.

We are getting to the wedding and Reiju isn't coming.

Kreed

Once Chopper and the others reunite with Luffy and Sanji, at that point I'm assuming they are escaping (probably with Pekoms showing up at the last minute), with a little resistance (Bobbin, etc...). And it's possible this will all happen before Big Mom even wakes up.

The question is, if they do successfully escape at this point, what will Big Mom and Sanji's family do once they find out Sanji's escaped and they can't blow him up? Since Big Mom put so much into this wedding plan, I could see her getting Sanji's father to use another son instead, for example.

2017 = Year of Brook!

Everyone trying and failing to rescue Brook was my favorite thing ever. I love this type of visual comedy like in Tom and Jerry and Looney Tunes.

That was amazing. Brook MVP.

Very funny chapter, and the ending was really sweet, oda's nailed sanji's facial expressions.

I wonder if he's turning back or they are all leaving now.

Aside from Sanji's desire not to see Reiju and the rest of the Germa get killed, do they really have any reason to stay? Everyone has escaped and once Sanji + Luffy reunite with the others in the Mirror World they could probably sail off the island

The wedding is definitely going to happen. Everything seems to be working in the crew's favor right now, but shit will hit the fan soon. The crew's plans almost never turn out well.

Aside from Sanji's desire not to see Reiju and the rest of the Germa get killed, do they really have any reason to stay? Everyone has escaped and once Sanji + Luffy reunite with the others in the Mirror World they could probably sail off the island

Probably Sanji and Luffy won't be able to reunite with the others in the Mirror World. Carrot et all won't be able to get to them, and then Sanji and Luffy will wind up getting dragged into the wedding ceremony stuff somehow, and the others will have to go back to help them escape.

Kreed

Exactly. Other than Bobbin, Brulee, and Opera, everyone thinks that Brooke is with Big Mom, Sanji is asleep in his bed, Jinbei is "behaving", and that Pedro, Chopper, Carrot, Luffy, and Nami are dead. And because the army is so scared of Big Mom, none of the ones that know anything are telling anyone. Oda has written out every obstacle that would have prevented the Straw Hats from escaping. That could obviously change, but right now, it looks like they are getting away.

The wedding is definitely going to happen. Everything seems to be working in the crew's favor right now, but shit will hit the fan soon. The crew's plans almost never turn out well.

All the previous chapters were shit hitting the fan until Jinbei and Chopper showed up. Sanji's whole situation, Nami and Luffy getting put in jail, Chopper and Carrot getting captured in the mirror world, Big Mom showing up to beat Brooke, etc... Now it's time for things to get back on track, which is what's happen.

All the previous chapters were shit hitting the fan until Jinbei and Chopper showed up. Sanji's whole situation, Nami and Luffy getting put in jail, Chopper and Carrot getting captured in the mirror world, Big Mom showing up to beat Brooke, etc... Now it's time for things to get back on track, which is what's happen.

Once Luffy finds out that Reiju's life is in danger, he won't leave her to die. Especially since she saved his life so, to Luffy, he has a debt to repay.

Either things go array with Bobbin and they're forced into the wedding or everyone formulates a plan in the Mirror World to save Reiju.

Geg

Exactly. Other than Bobbin, Brulee, and Opera, everyone thinks that Brooke is with Big Mom, Sanji is asleep in his bed, Jinbei is "behaving", and that Pedro, Chopper, Carrot, Luffy, and Nami are dead. And because the army is so scared of Big Mom, none of the ones that know anything are telling anyone. Oda has written out every obstacle that would have prevented the Straw Hats from escaping. That could obviously change, but right now, it looks like they are getting away.

The only obstacle right now is Bobbin, who's actively chasing after Sanji. We just saw today that he has the ability to put people to sleep so if he shows up and just does that to Luffy and Sanji they're instantly captured again.

Kreed

Once Luffy finds out that Reiju's life is in danger, he won't leave her to die. Especially since she saved his life so, to Luffy, he has a debt to repay.

Either things go array with Bobbin and they're forced into the wedding or everyone formulates a plan in the Mirror World to save Reiju.

The only obstacle right now is Bobbin, who's actively chasing after Sanji. We just saw today that he has the ability to put people to sleep so if he shows up and just does that to Luffy and Sanji they're instantly captured again.

As long as Chopper and co can go through mirrors as they please, even a worst case scenario with Bobbin wouldn't be a big deal compared to what was pulled off with Brooke and Big Mom.

That said, I could see the Straw Hats wanting to rescue Reiju before they go but even that wouldn't require them to attend the wedding, vs using the mirrors to get to her. For anything "really bad" to happen in regards to stopping the Straw Hats, something has to happen to Brulee (and it could).

Ray Down

Banned
Jump Valentine Day cover, look who is the center/main:
8JvBzlj.jpg

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Bobbin's bounty being 105.5mil, I feel like there's probably some Japanese pun in there we're missing. It's way too precise. Maybe it's like, "hyaku man go-go" and "go-go" is what they're translating in the panels to "boing" or SOMETHIN.

smurfx

get some go again
i can imagine luffy deciding to stay and steal the poneglyph instead of setting off with the copies. would be funny if big mom manages to get the copied plans and ripping them up and only to find out luffy made off with the real thing.

i can imagine luffy deciding to stay and steal the poneglyph instead of setting off with the copies. would be funny if big mom manages to get the copied plans and ripping them up and only to find out luffy made off with the real thing.

I don't see him choosing to do that since it was never his intention and they have the prints. Luffy has never shown any interest in them or they would have stolen them on Skypeia along with the shit ton of gold they tried to

I don't see him choosing to do that since it was never his intention and they have the prints. Luffy has never shown any interest in them or they would have stolen them on Skypeia along with the shit ton of gold they tried to

But the skypiea one was random, if i'm not mistaken luffy listened to all the talk about raftel and how to get there, these poneglyphs are essential.

smurfx

get some go again
when has luffy ever decided to go the easy route? just getting copied plans is probably too cowardly for him.

Grexeno

What might happen is that the arc plays out, they escape successfully, then Luffy finds out he got rubbings and is like "fuck that we doing this right" and destroys them.

smurfx

get some go again
What might happen is that the arc plays out, they escape successfully, then Luffy finds out he got rubbings and is like "fuck that we doing this right" and destroys them.
luffy is going to want the 4 road poneglyphs because that is what the pirate king needs in order to be the pirate king. getting copies isn't good enough.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
He wouldn't do that. He knows Robin wants to read them too much.

He would, however, insist upon taking Kaido's by force.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
luffy is going to want the 4 road poneglyphs because that is what the pirate king needs in order to be the pirate king. getting copies isn't good enough.

It's occurred to me a few times that a simple rubbing might not be enough, they might need the actual road poneglyphs to find Raftel.

Well agree to disagree. I don't see ANY reason Luffy would care about physically having the poneglyphs. If he goes back/stays it'll be to help Sanji protect the Germa 666, not to screw over Big Mom just because

Ray Down

Banned
Also i guess the last Road P has to be in Elbaf, its the only other highly hinted place left that has been hinted at for along time that the strawhats still need to go to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom