• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Reading the latest International Jump, seems Oda's grandmother passed away recently.
Apparently she got mad at him for writing "I'll kill you" in the series. Which could be... one of many moments.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
No way. An emperor would have wiped Dressrosa off the map in a short amount of time.

Where did Doflamingo display any type of regeneration? Are you referring to when he stitched up his internal wounds?

Probably that but DD is well below Emperor level, for one compare WB to DD, and then Compare Kaidou from the little that we know is that he is straight up immortal. Using that at a base line Donflamingo would get trashed by either of those. The other two are likely at that level, I mean Shanks easily blocked Akainu who scales very favourably to WB.

Actually thinking about it Kaidou may have gotten that immortality from the Ope Ope no mi, may even be why Don Flamingo knows about it and was so desperate to gain immortality from it. If he did that free's up Kaidou to have a different DF.

More context for the "I'll kill you" stuff:
CgWny4EWEAE9IPA.jpg

https://twitter.com/EdwardEFestizio/status/722167827986280449

I don't think her passing had anything to do with the Kumamoto earthquake. RIP

Principate

Saint Titanfall
CgWny4EWEAE9IPA.jpg

That's very interesting especially in regards to the panel chosen. Luffy in that conversation states "people die", probably likely that Luffy's maturity and development in regards to aces situation he's currently much more heroic in nature to actively prevent loss in life is linked to Oda's own change of perspective.

Reading the latest International Jump, seems Oda's grandmother passed away recently.
Apparently she got mad at him for writing "I'll kill you" in the series. Which could be... one of many moments.

CgWny4EWEAE9IPA.jpg

That sucks :(
Interesting SBS context, though. Oda's a nice guy.

I'm on Chapter 257, vol. 28... lol

i really want to catch up but it seems impossible D: Anyway, the manga has been great so far. One Piece is pretty unique and I'm glad I got back into reading it because of One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 :p

i really want to catch up but it seems impossible D: Anyway, the manga has been great so far. One Piece is pretty unique and I'm glad I got back into reading it because of One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 :p
I've got an awesome article for you to read as soon as you do :p if you are into theories and stuff like that

Keep going!

MANUELF

Banned

You still have a long way to go little grasshopper, keep Reading and you will find the light

It's definitely not impossible, it just takes time and dedication. You're already one-thirds of the way there.
The more hooked you are, the more you'll want to read.

jercruz

Take your time. Once you catch up you will hanging every week for the smallest spoiler.

BHK3

Banned
No way. An emperor would have wiped Dressrosa off the map in a short amount of time.

Where did Doflamingo display any type of regeneration? Are you referring to when he stitched up his internal wounds?

Except dofla did do that, he just took his time cause he likes to see the suffering.

When he got Gamma Knifed it was basically like when Akainu punched whitebeard and put lava inside of him(im gonna re-read the marineford arc soon so I could be misremebering). They both got up and kept fighting and Dofla began fixing up his insides. He was definitely one of the strongest warlords and I would say only Kuma rivals him at this point to an extent, Weevil is still a weird character we don't know anything about and I'm unsure of how strong Mihawk can be.

SIRF

Except dofla did do that, he just took his time cause he likes to see the suffering.

When he got Gamma Knifed it was basically like when Akainu punched whitebeard and put lava inside of him(im gonna re-read the marineford arc soon so I could be misremebering). They both got up and kept fighting and Dofla began fixing up his insides. He was definitely one of the strongest warlords and I would say only Kuma rivals him at this point to an extent, Weevil is still a weird character we don't know anything about and I'm unsure of how strong Mihawk can be.

Doffy is really strong, probably a notch or two below Admirals/emperors but above most warlords. Mihawk is clearly the strongest warlord though, we already know he is as strong as an emperor.

Kuma is probably equal to Doffy.

Given that he's a swordsman, I'd guess that Mihawk is uniquely suited to cutting up Doflamingo. Basically a "Luffy vs Enel" situation again if they ever fought.

All this just makes me wish we had all these hypothetical matchups in the manga :(

Imo,

1. Hawkeye
2. Doflamingo
3. Kuma
4. Hancock (Putting her above Jinbei because of CH)
5. Jinbei
6. Crocodile
7. Moria

I'd put Doflamingo at near Admiral level, he's definitely on another level than most of the warlords. The guy is a beast. Not sure about Kuma but his abstract powers seem pretty incredible if he were to use them in a fight.

I'm assuming that Emperors > Admirals too.

Blasted through the Skypiea Arc and finished it today. It's different enough from Alabasta which is nice and I liked how Enel's powers were completely useless against Luffy. I'd like to think that Enel would have been defeated way earlier had Luffy not wandered around in that snake for like the second half of the Arc lol.

I meant destroy the island completely without a single trace left.
The birdcage razed buildings and the ground, but the island of Dressrosa is still very much intact.

I keep thinking that Zorro could also beat Doffy

Nah. If Luffy had trouble against him, Zoro would have hardly stood much of a chance.
Doflamingo's fighting style is based on manipulation and trickery. He can't be fought via conventional means unless the person fighting him has monstrous power.

Blasted through the Skypiea Arc and finished it today. It's different enough from Alabasta which is nice and I liked how Enel's powers were completely useless against Luffy. I'd like to think that Enel would have been defeated way earlier had Luffy not wandered around in that snake for like the second half of the Arc lol.
Love Skypiea for the raw sense of adventure, exploring a mythical land no one believes in. Jaya hyped it up hard and I was in love as soon as the knock up stream happened and they flew straight up.
Luffy vs Enel was awesome, and yeah I wonder how much Skypeia could have been cut down of they had fought earlier lol. Wouldn't touch the Nolans flashback though, maybe the trial of the forest bs or whatever.
Skypeia might also be one of the most critical arcs of all regarding the lore, and whether the moon stuff pans out.

Ray Down

Banned
Nah. If Luffy had trouble against him, Zoro would have hardly stood much of a chance.
Doflamingo's fighting style is based on manipulation and trickery. He can't be fought via conventional means unless the person fighting him has monstrous power.

Pretty much Zoro only has time to deal with pebbles like Pica.

To me the teir is:
Luffy >= Law >> Zoro >= Sanji

Principate

Saint Titanfall
All this just makes me wish we had all these hypothetical matchups in the manga :(

Imo,

1. Hawkeye
2. Doflamingo
3. Kuma
4. Hancock (Putting her above Jinbei because of CH)
5. Jinbei
6. Crocodile
7. Moria

I'd put Doflamingo at near Admiral level, he's definitely on another level than most of the warlords. The guy is a beast. Not sure about Kuma but his abstract powers seem pretty incredible if he were to use them in a fight.

I'm assuming that Emperors > Admirals too.
I'd put Hancock Aove Kuma currently for if not no other reason than Kuma no longer has a human brain which impedes him greatly

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I do wonder if Sanji has learned to use armament haki at all as he hasn't gotten into a really serious fight yet.

I'd say he probably has or will very soon you won't be able to go very far in the story without it, and Luffy can't afford to have the third strongest member of his crew not having it when he's fighting against Yonkou.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Sanji fought Vergo and Doffy, two people way beyond his league. He hasn't had a proper matchup yet.

Ray Down

Banned
I do wonder if Sanji has learned to use armament haki at all as he hasn't gotten into a really serious fight yet.

Don't think he did but he should learn it.

So far each of the monster three have are better then the others( Though I think Luffys would beat Zoros)in a certain form of Haki:
Sanji- Color of Observation
Zoro- Color of Armament
Luffy- Color of the Supreme King

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Don't think he did but he should learn it.

So far each of the monster three have are better then the others( Though I think Luffys would beat Zoros)in a certain form of Haki:
Sanji- Color of Observation
Zoro- Color of Armament
Luffy- Color of the Supreme King

CoO seems the least useful for fights outside of sniping because after a certain level it seems everyone has it thus predicting your oponents moves seems useless. We haven't seen it yet determine a high level fight, where CoA determines how well you can mitigate an oponents abilities, improves and changes the capabilities of your own abilties and determines whether your attacks can actually hit.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
what's Robins Haki

;___;

Robine could probably benefit significantly from both (long range slaps/holds etc). Too bad she probably won't get the panel time for that.

Thinking about the upcoming Kaidou War I wonder if Luffy will bother asking for Hancock's help or leave that to the final war. He probably won't but a Schibukai of that level would likely tip the scales especially with Marco,

I'm not really sure that Luffy would have had trouble fighting Doflamingo if it weren't for burning himself out with Gear Fourth. They seemed to be fighting pretty evenly before Luffy powered up.

Majukun

I'm not really sure that Luffy would have had trouble fighting Doflamingo if it weren't for burning himself out with Gear Fourth. They seemed to be fighting pretty evenly before Luffy powered up.

uh?
luffy used gear 4 because he wasn't able to hurt doflamingo otherwise,he was either too slow or the attacks had not enough impact,they even explained that in the chapter that ends with luffy announcing gear 4

uh?
luffy used gear 4 because he wasn't able to hurt doflamingo otherwise,he was either too slow or the attacks had not enough impact,they even explained that in the chapter that ends with luffy announcing gear 4

Right, Luffy couldn't beat Doflamingo in the time limit he had without using Gear 4. But Doflamingo didn't seem to be giving him much trouble before that. I'm saying that I got the impression that Luffy could (eventually) have beaten him without having to use Gear 4 if it weren't for Birdcage.

Spinx

Right, Luffy couldn't beat Doflamingo in the time limit he had without using Gear 4. But Doflamingo didn't seem to be giving him much trouble before that. I'm saying that I got the impression that Luffy could (eventually) have beaten him without having to use Gear 4 if it weren't for Birdcage.

Doffy still had awakening as his trump card. Luffy would've lost without g4.

Majukun

doffy was literally laughing at luffy's attempts until that point...what makes you think luffy would be able to beat doffy without gear 4?

doffy was literally laughing at luffy's attempts until that point...what makes you think luffy would be able to beat doffy without gear 4?

The first hit Luffy landed on Doflamingo made him spit blood, and Doflamingo never seemed to be doing real damage to Luffy throughout the fight. I wasn't saying that it would be a stomp, but I don't get the impression Luffy was in as much danger as he was in while fighting Lucci.

Somehow I forgot about Doflamingo's awakened attacks, though. That would probably turn the tides, yeah.

Syntsui

I don't think Luffy would beat Do Falmingo if it wasn't for Law crippling him. He had to concentrate to ''operate'' himself while fighting a Gear 4 Luffy.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I don't think Luffy would beat Do Falmingo if it wasn't for Law crippling him. He had to concentrate to ''operate'' himself while fighting a Gear 4 Luffy.

I think he probably would, as I don't think think Luffy has shown his entire hand yet either. I highly doubt Luffy would be as confident as he was if he did. I'm guessing the reason why Doffy was weakened was so Luffy wouldn't have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom