• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 eyed girl confirmed! Kidd confirmed!

AND JACK IS ALIVE!!! Can't believe people thought he was actually gone.

See? Jack, a devil fruit user, survived at the bottom of the ocean. Gg "logic". Like I suspected, this probably ties into Kaido's inability to die.

ffdgh

See? Jack, a devil fruit user, survived at the bottom of the ocean. Gg "logic". Like I suspected, this probably ties into Kaido's inability to die.

Not sure how that relates to kaido unless he's a fishman too like jack apparently lol.
Also ouch at kid getting brutalized.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

or his name may also imply his survival in water.

Jack the drought... or maybe a fishman?

IHaveIce

Banned

Jack seems to be partly fishman, so he can't get up on his own or swim, but he can breath underwater

Kornflayx

Makes sense that Kidd would be the only one dumb enough to try and fight with Kaidou. After the beating Kidd took, I bet the other two were like "I think we'd rather be your underlings. K? Thx"

That settles it...! Kidd is going to become part of the Pirate Alliance when they go up against Kaido! Law vs Calamity 1, Kidd vs Calamity 2, Zoro vs Calamity 3, Luffy vs Kaido!

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
We coulda probably deduced that Jack was a shark fishman back when Zunisha wrecked him, I think I remember seeing sharp teeth under his shattered mask.

Brook's remark about Dragon seems kinda strange... did he meet him?
Wouldn't be surprised, Brook has a lot of untold experience. Brook was the convoy leader of some royal army or something right? Not sure about the timeline cause of Dragon's age but maybe they ran into each other or Brook met him as a kid.

We coulda probably deduced that Jack was a shark fishman back when Zunisha wrecked him, I think I remember seeing sharp teeth under his shattered mask.
I was just thinking this too. I remember we brought it up here too but I'm kinda surprised none of us caught on.

Yeah, I'm not sure why people thought it was to keep him alive. He'd just be totally non-functional without it, ala Jack here.
We know, a regular human with DF is going to drown, that's a fact. But other than losing the ability to swim, have there been other information on what happens to a DF in the water? Iirc Ruffy was nearly passing out after touching some cell bars made of seastone.

Nibel

Man, whoever saw Kidd's foot in that tiny ass panel some time ago deserves an award.
KuGsj.gif

Well i guess I was wrong about Jack lol.

Also Kaido being a drunk and Luffy's cooking made the chapter.

Some interesting points
- Luffy pointed out how much he didn't look like his Dad which only adds to the question of who his mom is and what she looks like
- We still don't know why Blackbeard took out the Revolutionaries or how
- Sanji seems to have actively cut off his ties with his family rather than being separated from them
- Kaido definitely beat the hell out of Kidd in order to get the other two Revolutionaries from his would be alliance on his side
-Sanji is marrying that 3 eyed girl we saw back during the Fishman Island arc.

Now pure speculation
- Kidd could have some relation to Kaido considering we know nothing of his backstory
- As another poster mentioned, Kidd, Law, and Luffy could make an alliance similar to their Sabaody alliance against the Marines
- The Revolutionaries are most definitely heading for Reverie considering they haven't been pronounced dead

Veelk

Banned
When Kaido said that he wanted to send the Straw hats a message, was he talking directly to Kidd, or was he just saying it in general and Kidd happened to be on panel?

Great chapter.

Jack is alive, as expected and more info about Kaido. I can see Kidd joining the Alliance now, that would be really cool.

Finally Sanji is back, and, as expected, Pudding is beautiful, so his resolve will be more meaningful in the end. I'm curious to see the reaction when she reveals her third eye. I don't think Sanji would bail out but this third eye must have some importance to the plot.

When Kaido said that he wanted to send the Straw hats a message, was he talking directly to Kidd, or was he just saying it in general and Kidd happened to be on panel?

I think he was talking to Kidd. He says out loud: "Eustass. Captain. Kid."

We know, a regular human with DF is going to drown, that's a fact. But other than losing the ability to swim, have there been other information on what happens to a DF in the water? Iirc Ruffy was nearly passing out after touching some cell bars made of seastone.
They lose their strength, so when they drown it's because their bodies can't move. So it's not so much they can't swim, it's that they literally can't move in water and hence they drown. So Jack can't move but he can breathe underwater, so he's waiting for someone to pick him up.

Man, whoever saw Kidd's foot in that tiny ass panel some time ago deserves an award.
KuGsj.gif
I saw the post on reddit, not sure if it originally came from there.

Yeah, I think it was towards Kidd, but not in a serious way. He was just saying that as a comment towards his henchmen who questioned whether or not they should worry about Luffy/Law.

Kinda like a "You know what I'm really like because I fucked you up" kind of thing.

dabig2

He was definitely directing it at Kidd, but Kidd is waaaaay too fucked up to even comprehend what he's saying. So this is more like evil gloating when you know the other guy can't say anything.

fake edit: beaten

Kuntz

Judging from her expression on the picture I think that "tien shin-chan" is not the real charlotte but a bait because they know Sanji won't be able to resist.

Hahah, jack is amazing. Very strong serious guy who makes continues blunders haha. he is a new on in OP.

Also, it seems likely that the Revolutionaries weren't really beaten at all. They quite possiblity left before even BB arrived to go to the Reverie, and BB trashed the island in their wake. Also, interesting to see BB sent packing by Cypher Pol...Him, so we have some super strong characters there hopefully.

Majukun

Judging from her expression on the picture I think that "tien shin-chan" is not the real charlotte but a bait because they know Sanji won't be able to resist.

why would they lie?
he is a prisoner on their ship and if he flees someone is gonna lose his/her head

they have literally no reason to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom