• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuntz

why would they lie?
he is a prisoner on their ship and if he flees someone is gonna lose his/her head

they have literally no reason to do so.

No idea, to reduce sanji's reluctance perhaps? At least the photo is still not 100% her because her eye is hidden.

Raxus

I am a tad confused what happened to Jack up to the point the Luffy and co arrived on the island. I feel I need to get a chart to follow One Piece sometimes lol.

I am a tad confused what happened to Jack up to the point the Luffy and co arrived on the island. I feel I need to get a chart to follow One Piece sometimes lol.

He went to rescue Doflamingo and failed. Looks like a lot of the time between then and returning was his crew recovering him.

Majukun

he was on zhou searching for raizou after the whole war with the minks
he got info that doflamingo was defeated and departed from the island to intercept the convoy and free him
he got beaten but managed to survive (they probably sink him like this time but he survived because he can breathe underwater,probably is a fishman)
then he came back,but then luffy was already on the island

Veelk

Banned
I think he was talking to Kidd. He says out loud: "Eustass. Captain. Kid."

Yeah, I think it was towards Kidd, but not in a serious way. He was just saying that as a comment towards his henchmen who questioned whether or not they should worry about Luffy/Law.

Kinda like a "You know what I'm really like because I fucked you up" kind of thing.

He was definitely directing it at Kidd, but Kidd is waaaaay too fucked up to even comprehend what he's saying. So this is more like evil gloating when you know the other guy can't say anything.

fake edit: beaten

I was just asking because it was a weird way to word it. Having his name at the end of the sentence. I thought maybe he was talking to an underling and he just said he was going to use Kidd as the message. Like, "Guys, send them a message. That message being Kidd's beaten corpse."

This is so disappointing. It's not even Kidd's fault that he got his shit wrecked, he just doesn't have the author on his side like the Straw Hats do. Straw hats do whatever, and he gets frikken Kaido thrown in his lap.

Majukun

I was just asking because it was a weird way to word it. Having his name at the end of the sentence. I thought maybe he was talking to an underling and he just said he was going to use Kidd as the message. Like, "Guys, send them a message. That message being Kidd's beaten corpse."

This is so disappointing. It's not even Kidd's fault that he got his shit wrecked, he just doesn't have the author on his side like the Straw Hats do. Straw hats do whatever, and he gets frikken Kaido thrown in his lap.

well it's just a way to put him on the VS kaidou arc,so if you are a fan should be happy :p

ckohler

I don't even know why they'd hide the third eye

Sanji will still be bonkers over her

I don't think her third eye being obscured was deliberate. She probably just had her bangs down when the photo was taken. I agree that Sanji won't care. He might even be like, "she's got THREE beautiful eyes!"

dabig2

Also, it seems likely that the Revolutionaries weren't really beaten at all. They quite possiblity left before even BB arrived to go to the Reverie, and BB trashed the island in their wake. Also, interesting to see BB sent packing by Cypher Pol...Him, so we have some super strong characters there hopefully.

Yeah, anonymous tip and the fact that the WG apparently didn't capture any revolutionaries (at least no notable ones) definitely seems to be confirming some intentional deception from the revolutionaries here. It's not like Dragon isn't already known for elaborate plans. The whole Kuma thing is still one hell of a long con that hasn't been fully explained yet.

I don't think her third eye being obscured was deliberate. She probably just had her bangs down when the photo was taken. I agree that Sanji won't care. He might even be like, "she's got THREE beautiful eyes!"
could be lol
She hides one eye with her bangs.

Sanji hides one eye with his bangs.

It's genius.

lol subtle stuff like that is amusing but then we are talking about Oda here so we need to look at everything

Majukun

Yeah, anonymous tip and the fact that the WG apparently didn't capture any revolutionaries (at least no notable ones) definitely seems to be confirming some intentional deception from the revolutionaries here. It's not like Dragon isn't already known for elaborate plans. The whole Kuma thing is still one hell of a long con that hasn't been fully explained yet.

they probably just flee when blackbeard arrived..it's not like they have anything to gain from a full-out war against a yonkou...they don't even go to war with the WG which should be their main enemy..focusing intead on stirring up the fire of rebellion around the world

ffdgh

Hmm...Maybe Kuzan warned them. He is hanging out with black beard.

I think Kidd is going to be an ally in Wano's arc. Luffy, Law and Kidd was foreshadowed in Saboady pre-timeskip.

I don't think her third eye being obscured was deliberate.

I think her third eye is definitely relevant to the plot. Not saying that will make Sanji bail out but there is a reason she is like that and Oda will probably explain it. I think she has some weird powers or her third eye might reveal something else like connections to the plot that is convenient to not show yet.

Veelk

Banned
well it's just a way to put him on the VS kaidou arc,so if you are a fan should be happy :p

I guess, but I'd have rather he'd gone up against Luffy with his alliance. Besides, Law's already started to show signs of straw hat infection, I don't want it to spread to the only characters whose goals I endorse.

I think a fight will inevitably between them anyway. Kidd wants to be pirate king, and Luffy can't have that, wants to attack Shanks, can't have that, is a general asshole, can't have that. I doubt it will be like Laws where he became a friend, but I hope he isn't just used as a buff to Luffy's forces before then being tossed away.

I think her third eye is definitely relevant to the plot. Not saying that will make Sanji bail out but there is a reason she is like that and Oda will probably explain it. I think she has some weird powers or her third eye might reveal something else like connections to the plot that is convenient to not show yet.

Thats possible seeing that Sanji likely won't give a shit. He was into Monet and the Minks so it's not like a third eye will throw him off.

Ray Down

Banned
Aww Luffy saw what he dad looks like for the first time.

Maybe Luffy gets his looks from his mom?

And who in the hell let Luffy cook?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Kid getting his ass kicked by Kaido makes sense given the personalities of that (apparently short-lived) pirate alliance. When Kaido dropped in on their little pirate party, Kid probably got hotheaded and tried to take him down, Hawkins probably backed out because the cards told him to, and Apoo probably swore allegiance to Kaido after he saw Kid get wrecked.

Kid's definitely going to be a frenemy going forward.

Nice to finally see Sanji again in this arc that's all about him.

Also, Luffy's chef's hat was a great touch. It's that kind of weird goofy shit that I've always loved about the Straw Hats at sea that's been absent for so long.

MSMrRound

Didn't Luffy catch a glimpse of his father's face during Loguetown or something?

If that's the case, I'm surprised he didn't make a mention...or maybe he plain forgot about it...

Kreed

One Piece 824:

Unfortunately the Kidd reveal wasn't much of a surprise due to the One Piece community/this thread figuring out Oda's clues a while ago, as well as Sanji's bride. It's kind of disappointing though to see Kidd being reduced to a power gap reference for Luffy vs Kaidou. The discussion between Luffy and the crew on Luffy not asking more questions about Dragon still annoys me as a reader due to the fact that none of them have really asked each other about their 2 year training, although I know it's for story reasons/we'll likely get flashbacks later. The perspective changes this chapter gives me some hope that maybe we'll get some updates on Zoro and the rest of the crew while this Sanji rescue is going on. Hopefully we will get some sort of a update on the Revolutionaries current status in the next few chapters, vs just "everything's ok since the Military didn't report it".

GOADA DID IT AGAIN

LUFFY NOT BEING ABLE TO COOK WAS FORESHADOWED ALL THE WAY BACK IN cHAPTER 90 WHEN HE WAS FIGHTING ARLONG.

DAMn shit BLOWS my mind #howdoeshedoit?!

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Didn't Luffy catch a glimpse of his father's face during Loguetown or something?

If that's the case, I'm surprised he didn't make a mention...or maybe he plain forgot about it...

Luffy never saw his face if recall correctly. I think Luffys's face was on the ground.

Edit: Just checked, Smoke had Luffys face in the dirt. I thought the same as you did originally. Damn you Oda!

marmoka

Banned
Luffy realized today Dragon is his father???? WTF??? This guy is hilarious!

Also the cooking scene was great, Kaidou drunk too. And we could finally see Sanji.

I loved this chapter.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Luffy realized today Dragon is his father???? WTF??? This guy is hilarious!

Also the cooking scene was great, Kaidou drunk too. And we could finally see Sanji.

I loved this chapter.

He knew Dragon was his father, he just didn't know what he looked like.

smurfx

get some go again
i'm surprised nobody has mentioned kaido using a club as his weapon. definitely another sign pointing to him having the oni devil fruit instead of dragon.

xRzqrTB.jpg

i definitely think kidd is joining luffy's alliance vs kaidou. he won't be as friendly as law but he will probably be dying to get his revenge once zoro and law free him. we already saw them fight together so it makes sense to see them 3 take down kaido together. after they win they can still target the other emperors. maybe luffy will target blackbeard, kidd will still target shanks and i'm not sure about law. perhaps he ends up targeting big mom and they all go their own way and try to get kaido's territory.

i'm surprised nobody has mentioned kaido using a club as his weapon. definitely another sign pointing to him having the oni devil fruit instead of dragon.

xRzqrTB.jpg

Yeah I don't hink Oda would give him a dragon fruit considering Momonosuke already has one. An Oni also fits perfectly with the Wano setting.

Now that I'm thinking about it there's one wild card that hasn't been mentioned recently: Weevil. Do you guys think he'll show up at Big Mom's Tea Party?

Edit: Actually looking at the Wiki article for Oni's adds further evidence to the theory.

Depictions of oni vary widely but usually portray them as hideous, gigantic ogre-like creatures with sharp claws, wild hair, and two long horns growing from their heads.[2] They are humanoid for the most part, but occasionally, they are shown with unnatural features such as odd numbers of eyes or extra fingers and toes.[3] Their skin may be any number of colors, but red and blue are particularly common.[4][5]

They are often depicted wearing tiger-skin loincloths and carrying iron clubs called kanabō (金棒?). This image leads to the expression "oni with an iron club" (鬼に金棒 oni-ni-kanabō?), that is, to be invincible or undefeatable. It can also be used in the sense of "strong beyond strong", or having one's natural quality enhanced or supplemented by the use of some tool.[6][7]

Two horns
An Iron club
the expression considering them to be invincible, undefeatable, or strong beyond strong

Kaido has all of those traits...

smurfx

get some go again
Yeah I don't hink Oda would give him a dragon fruit considering Momonosuke already has one. An Oni also fits perfectly with the Wano setting.

Now that I'm thinking about it there's one wild card that hasn't been mentioned recently: Weevil. Do you guys think he'll show up at Big Mom's Tea Party?

Edit: Actually looking at the Wiki article for Oni's adds further evidence to the theory.

Two horns
An Iron club
the expression considering them to be invincible, undefeatable, or strong beyond strong

Kaido has all of those traits...
it depends on who his mom is affiliated with. she kinda has a similar look to big mom. she can possibly be big mom's sister or even mother. if she is then weevil might end up being luffy's fight at whole cake island. my ideal scenario is luffy getting captured and him having to fight weevil as the entertainment for the wedding guests.

xRzqrTB.jpg

i definitely think kidd is joining luffy's alliance vs kaidou. he won't be as friendly as law but he will probably be dying to get his revenge once zoro and law free him. we already saw them fight together so it makes sense to see them 3 take down kaido together. after they win they can still target the other emperors. maybe luffy will target blackbeard, kidd will still target shanks and i'm not sure about law. perhaps he ends up targeting big mom and they all go their own way and try to get kaido's territory.

This would be amazing. I initially thought that Kaidou may have had the Water Dragon DF, but an Oni would be a terrific fit

Heng

I think Weevil will make his appearance when Marco is reintroduced or maybe he'll go Dressrosa or fisherman island since that's where Luffy was reported being seen in the newspaper. I could see it relating to the premonition Arlong's sister had with Luffy burning Fisherman island down if Oda decides to put him there.

RomanceDawn

Kaidou is a dragon for sure. The scales, the whisker like mustache, his name, he probably "flew" to that sky island exactly like Momo does, how Kinemon was pissed at dragon's for killing a loved one, etc. The case for him being a dragon is stronger than anything else. The oni references are there just not nearly as blatant as the dragons.

-
So close to Jinbe I can feel it!

It makes sense that Big Mom would want Sanji for his cooking abilities as well. What I'm hoping for is a Zeff flash back where Big Mom actually had some of his cooking during some sort of meeting on the Grand Line back in the day.

And you know this is the 2nd time candy has rained from the clouds. Though who knows if it's the product of someone's tampering.

Haha, called it. Jack isn't dying and will have a part to play in Wano. At least there's a reason for why he's not afraid to engage anything at sea now. Even if he sinks, he'll just chill at the bottom of the sea until more of Kaido's crew show up for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom