• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since this is related to the earthquakes, I must ask those who know (and maybe even been to Japan):

Is Luffy (and the Strawhats) seen as heroes there? Like, huge heroes? For some reason the thought has never struck me before.
I think so. They probably see Luffy as a hero who protects his friends, like Goku.

I've said this before, but Luffy basically pulled a draw out of the jaws of defeat against Lucci (from a pure battle outcome standpoint. Goal wise, it was a victory for Luffy since he was trying to save everyone and get out of there safely)

No one has left him more damaged than Lucci. He couldn't even move. And before that, he needed Usopp's encouragement to fight on. No one has been that difficult for Luffy.

I think you're not taking other factors into consideration.
Even though he couldn't move initially, he was up on his feet and was moving during Merry's funeral.
After beating Doffy, Luffy was out immediately and didn't wake up until three days later. However both fights weren't exactly the same.

Carrot, Pudding, and Jimbei are all red herrings.

Here's the REAL next crewmember.

latest

jercruz

Carrot, Pudding, and Jimbei are all red herrings.

Here's the REAL next crewmember.

latest

I can already see Luffy's reaction. "You look like whitebeard!" And from there they become buddies.

Pekoms seems to have been left for dead by Ma's crew.

Who's a good chef replacement for Sanji. He's lost now. Maybe Komatsu? Toriko is winding down anyway :D

Ray Down

Banned
I can already see Luffy's reaction. "You look like whitebeard!" And from there they become buddies.

Pekoms seems to have been left for dead by Ma's crew.

Who's a good chef replacement for Sanji. He's lost now. Maybe Komatsu? Toriko is winding down anyway :D

Yeah Komatsu can join a good series now :p

Big One

Banned
I dunno I kind of think Carrot is becoming a Strawhat too. If not, she'll become a major part of the storyline going forward.

I really like the idea of her eating Monet's Devil Fruit on Nami's Tangerine tree. Plus the recent chapter is probably going to cause the characters to flock to it, lol. There was already some foreshadowing on this with Monet's snow rabbits and the rabbits that were flowing in the sea on the Strawhat's way out of Punk Hazard.

I think in this next arc we're likely to see both Jinbe and someone else join. Just a strange feeling. It's either Jinbe + Carrot, Jinbe + Pudding, or JInbe + Pekoms or something similar.

RomanceDawn

I dunno I kind of think Carrot is becoming a Strawhat too. If not, she'll become a major part of the storyline going forward.

I really like the idea of her eating Monet's Devil Fruit on Nami's Tangerine tree. Plus the recent chapter is probably going to cause the characters to flock to it, lol. There was already some foreshadowing on this with Monet's snow rabbits and the rabbits that were flowing in the sea on the Strawhat's way out of Punk Hazard.

I think in this next arc we're likely to see both Jinbe and someone else join. Just a strange feeling. It's either Jinbe + Carrot, Jinbe + Pudding, or JInbe + Pekoms or something similar.

If I wasn't so sure Monet was still alive I'd think you were on to something. I'd actually really like for something like that to happen, a fruit user dies and the fruit ends up on one of Nami's trees.

smurfx

get some go again
i'm also wondering what's in store for pekoms. don't think big mom will forgive him for failing his mission. she especially won't forgive him for leading an enemy to her. plus tamago mentioned that any ship not affiliated with big mom will be shot down as they approach her territory so luffy will likely destroy a bunch of outlooks on his way to whole cake island.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Anyone reading viz chapters, how do they translate Pekomamushi? Peko-viper? Not sure they can really maintain the charm here.

Nightbird

Now that Luffy got rid of anything edible except Namis Tangerines we know the circumstances under which carrot will consume the Snow-Snow fruit.

Right?

Back to new crewmember discussion? Alright, i'll add my opinion.

I want a new female in the crew! And i would love to have a brawler type of female that adds to the monster trio, maybe even a female with a unique look (as in, not a pretty one like Nami and Robin).

My first choice would have been a female Fishman (do we call them Fishwoman?), naturally strong and because of Fishman Karate a logical contender for a fighter. But it looks like Jinbe is going to fill this role sometime in the future.
Carrot, or a Mink in general, would be ok too, but since Chopper already "fills" the role of a animal-based crewmember, not the best solution imo.

With the odds of the Strawhats going to be on Elbaf sometime, i'd also welcome a giantess to the crew.

Anyway, a new member imo needs to be female, we have an already big enough sausage party. ^^

Kworn

Banned

Get this theory from RogersBase

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Someone with the snow fruit on the Straw Hats? YES PLEASE

Wait did we see the snow fruit growing in the ship

Nope, it's just a theory since we pretty much know that a Devil Fruit transfers to the nearest fruit. The fact that Luffy wasted all the food probably means the crew is:

1) Going to start eating the tangerines, which would lead further into the theory.
2) Going to start eating the cotton candy snow to survive.
3) Going to wait it out and then start eating Whole Cake Island (lol)

Nope, it's just a theory since we pretty much know that a Devil Fruit transfers to the nearest fruit. The fact that Luffy wasted all the food probably means the crew is:

1) Going to start eating the tangerines, which would lead further into the theory.
2) Going to start eating the cotton candy snow to survive.
3) Going to wait it out and then start eating Whole Cake Island (lol)
Let's be honest, knowing Luffy, option 3) is the one that will happen.

Biggest enemy in Luffy's quest for Sanji, is it Big Mom? Is it Big Mom's crew? Nope, it's Luffy overeating like never before!

El Sabroso

for new nakama until now, I can only see Momonosuke being the next one once the Wano Kingdom arc gets done, which is still long time until we see that

To be fair, everyone was all tired already and him and his crew came in all fresh.

Blackbeard also were fresh tho and challenge was triggered at them, BB was sure it just wasn't the moment

Oxn

for new nakama until now, I can only see Momonosuke being the next one once the Wano Kingdom arc gets done, which is still long time until we see that

Yea no way that happens, like the guy above said, too young.

Blackbeard also were fresh tho and challenge was triggered at them, BB was sure it just wasn't the moment

Did Shanks arrive before or after the BB Crew got Buddha smashed? Also almost dying to Magellan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom